(2015) 2015 brides??

mcpig

will we be penalized if we were to postpone the wedding banquet date after signing the contract?

Hi babe, usually if within the same year and with valid reason it should be fine.

Got to negotiate with hotel though because some T&Cs are quite strict.

mcpig

intending to sign with CP for Nov 2015 banquet. but if postpone, i will need to delay to 2016.

Hi babe

Depends if you have valid reason, usually different year is more tricky. And the hotel has the right to up the price and change the perks even if they agree to the postponement.

yclem

Hello 2015 BTBs! Anyone still struggling to get a banquet date just like me? I'm looking at 10 oct '15 but seems like almost everywhere is confirmed and I'm placed on waiting list for some. Any idea how long couples will be placed on waiting list? I'm really hoping the other couple will give up the chance. :( It's so stressful! Without the banquet, my fiancé and I can't start preparation for anything else.

Last edited:

yclem

Hello 2015 BTBs! Anyone still struggling to get a banquet date just like me? I'm looking at 10 oct '15 but seems like almost everywhere is confirmed and I'm placed on waiting list for some. Any idea how long couples will be placed on waiting list? I'm really hoping the other couple will give up the chance. :( It's so stressful! Without the banquet, my fiancé and I can't start preparation for anything else.

Starleaf

Did you ask M hotel or Park Royal Beach road? The last time i ask, these 2 places are still avail on 10th Oct 15. That was one of my shortlisted dates too. =) For M hotel, the bigger ballroom is taken, only left the smaller one which is low ceiling i think.. Good luck!

Cushionlove

Hello I'm a 2015 btb! Have just signed a wedding package with blue bay. Anyone has reviews on its AD package to share?? Thanks and congrats to all 2015 btb!

hello! for those dates that you're on waiting list, if you are 100% sure that you want the venue and you're ready to pay the deposit, you can let the coordinator know and he/she will do a check with the other couple who made the soft booking. typically the couple will be given 48 hrs to decide if they are taking up the venue. if they decide to give up, then you would have to sign the package and pay the deposit. hope that helps! :)

hidamari

Anyone having house renov, wedding and pre wedding shoot within the same year? How do you manage to cope all 3 together? Kindly advise.

dngladys

Me! Hur hur. Everything will probably take place next year unless my BTO is delayed to 2016. Hopefully not. The amount is really scary if you add them all up. However we just have to bite the bullet as we'll be progressively swiping our credit cards from now till next year and early next year.

hidamari

Me! Hur hur. Everything will probably take place next year unless my BTO is delayed to 2016. Hopefully not. The amount is really scary if you add them all up. However we just have to bite the bullet as we'll be progressively swiping our credit cards from now till next year and early next year.

The thought of it freak me out. My BTO is next year and I'm in delimna should I postpone the wedding to early 2016 not.

winleobee

Hello fellow Jan bride! Do u already have a budget and a few venues in mind?
For gowns, I think it's totally up to you. If you don't mind, renting is cheaper so you can save the money or spend it on other things for the wedding. I don't see the point in keeping the gown also, so if you rent you don't need to worry about keeping it and taking up storage space.

hi jan'15 brides! can share when do u start to select your gown & then photoshoot?

tulipkiss

Anyone having house renov, wedding and pre wedding shoot within the same year? How do you manage to cope all 3 together? Kindly advise.

my pre-wedding shoot and house reno will be in the same year, maybe same month even :( that's why decided to ROM first then postpone the banquet to 2016.

stephiey

Hi, for me pre-wed is taking this Oct. Next yr Chinese ceremony and AD is Sept. BTO should be end year. TSK.. $$$$ fly!
But im excited. for me im trying to do it simple and save my money for reno instead.
BTO is at punggol :) any punggols bride to be?

I also consulted my wedding date with master.

stephiey

@hidamari I took up Sophia's wedding. doing local shoot.

initially wanted to go overseas shoot. but way overbudget :(
becos have to factor in air ticks, hotel and spending.

Amara per table is 988++ with freeflow beer and one bottle wine per confirmed table.
managed to ask for another 25tables of waiver of corkage on wine too.

Trying to minimize the expenditure for wedding.

hidamari

I just signed up with Bridal Concept last week. when is a good month to take PS locally?
what are the preparation we need to do before PS?

stephiey

@hidamari actually depends on when is your AD. usually it's 6-9months before AD. I'm doing mine earlier because the BS wanted to use our photos for sample for display.
Also I don't wan to lump at and do tgt at once. I'm a paranoid BTB! hahahaa:D

I'm sourcing unique places in sg and props :)
like sparkles add a nice touch for nightshots
& my HTB is a avid Liverpool fan, so we doing soccer jersey shots too

tulipkiss

intending to do my pre-wedding shoot around apr-jun 2015. house also ready around apr-aug liddat.. ROM jun 2015.. banquet, undecided :/

any yishun btb here? :D

yclem

Hey babes, may I know if you all have gotten your shoes for the wedding? Where would you recommend? I went to Anna Nucci but didn't like their designs.

reecia

Mine i don't know if considered same year ahhaha...
BTO expected 3rd quarter this year if no delays...
Customary will be June next year...
I have not booked for bridal package.. so not sure if pre wedding shoot be this year or next year hahah. stressful!

reecia

@hidamari I took up Sophia's wedding. doing local shoot.

initially wanted to go overseas shoot. but way overbudget :(
becos have to factor in air ticks, hotel and spending.

Amara per table is 988++ with freeflow beer and one bottle wine per confirmed table.
managed to ask for another 25tables of waiver of corkage on wine too.

Trying to minimize the expenditure for wedding.

Stephiey how much did you pay for Sophia wedding? I have yet to call them out to check on the packages. Hows your experience with them so far?

ohjulie

Hey babes, may I know if you all have gotten your shoes for the wedding? Where would you recommend? I went to Anna Nucci but didn't like their designs.

If you're into bling bling, you can check out Steve Madden. If you're going for comfort, can try Melissa shoes.

ladies , think on the positive side! once u settle all the wedding and house, u and ur husband can start saving together for your future life. whereas for me, I don't know how much budget I need to set aside for Reno and wedding cos I am getting married next year without a house. my flat will prob take 2 yr for it to be ready cos I balloted 7 times before I finally got a decent queue number! geez.. anyone knows how much to set aside for Reno?

hidamari

ladies , think on the positive side! once u settle all the wedding and house, u and ur husband can start saving together for your future life. whereas for me, I don't know how much budget I need to set aside for Reno and wedding cos I am getting married next year without a house. my flat will prob take 2 yr for it to be ready cos I balloted 7 times before I finally got a decent queue number! geez.. anyone knows how much to set aside for Reno?

Congrats on your BTO! How about staying with the in law first after married?

30k for 4room is it enough?

leen_10

Hi, for me pre-wed is taking this Oct. Next yr Chinese ceremony and AD is Sept. BTO should be end year. TSK.. $$$$ fly!
But im excited. for me im trying to do it simple and save my money for reno instead.
BTO is at punggol :) any punggols bride to be?

I also consulted my wedding date with master.
I'm also punggol ...

reecia

It depends what type of design you are looking for & did you opt in for the HDB flooring etc..
I have seen my friend having quotes like 30 to 40K for a 4 bed room flat (not including furnitures).

I am getting a 5 room BTO and did not opt in for floorings etc.. already given up the idea of hacking walls etc cuz it will be costly. planning to get basic flooring & design.. i think that could easily cost 40 to 50K. The big chunk will come in the kitchen where i need to get all the built in cabinets etc.

wrsugarlemon

me!! i doing my reno & pre wedding this year, wedding will be first half of next year. quite stress seeing all the money flow out really fast. :( actually booking of wedding stuff is easier to decided compared to house reno.

intending to do my pre-wedding shoot around apr-jun 2015. house also ready around apr-aug liddat.. ROM jun 2015.. banquet, undecided :/

any yishun btb here? :D

me me!! yishun btb