(2015) 2015 brides??

sherlin

My SO and I can't decide on the wedding period.
House will be ready in either end of 2014 or start of 2015. Probably 1 month would be enough to have the wallpapers up n some painting.

Would it be better to have the wedding before or after the house is ready?

Are year-ends better or year-starts better for weddings generally?
We have the same dilemma but eventually we settled on end 2014. Upgraded to 2014 BTB already! LOL!

Phoebenghx

Haha. Lay-chey lei do ROM & AD separately. After AD can "make people" already. My mum kept nagging because not young anymore.

Ya lor but no choice leh. We kinda scared our BTO will be ready before our AD. So ROM to get the marriage cert first.
Your mom cant wait to carry her grandchild ah? Hehe

G&Z

Anyone know why not many people seem to be choosing ritz these days?

It could be cause their ballroom is very big and needs a min. tables of 50 (im not sure the min tables)

Hi i am planning my wedding in 2015 as well... have you meet the wedding planners? i thought of engaging one as well..

Hi! Sorry for the late reply! I met with Tirtha, meeting the moment this Friday, as for Eternally yours, I'm not able to arrange a good timing to meet up and the wedding entourage did not get back to me at all...

Vanelle

Im intend to be 2015 bride but not sure if e flat completion will jeopardise our planning. Coz we wanted to solmenise n ad tgt.. rates for 2015 has out?

sherlin

Ya lor but no choice leh. We kinda scared our BTO will be ready before our AD. So ROM to get the marriage cert first.
Your mom cant wait to carry her grandchild ah? Hehe
Haha my mum say me "gao ling can fu" already... She already got 2 grandchildren la.

"Affiner Haute Couture" (2014 Bridal Collection Launch)

We are pleased to announce our official 2014 Bridal Collection Launch today, 30th October 2013!

“Affiner” (prounounced as “a-fi-ne”) means refine and sleek in French.
The Spring Summer 2014 wedding gown trends are: Sleek and Modern, Detailed Backs,
Eye-catching Embellishments, Painted Fabric, High Low Skirts.
Our designers have incorporated the trends into the Affiner Haute Couture [ 2014 Bridal Collection ].
Every gown in the collection is distinct from the others, and each is undeniably worthy to be coveted by brides.
The gowns show a fine juxtaposition of romance and edginess–perfect for the modern bride!

View more gown designs of the "Affiner Haute Couture" at our
website!

You get a chance to play dress-up with these inspiring gowns at our upcoming Market Week (15 - 24 Nov 2013)!
Don't miss out on the attractive giveaway of a paradise honeymoon trip to Maldives worth S$10,000
and more tantalizing treats for you to enjoy!

RSVP at
http://www.thelouvrebridal.com/event.html

Feel free to contact us at:
Tel: +65 6337 7808
Email:
[email protected]

Be our Face book fans and enjoy exclusive perks and privileges!

Discover the gems of The Louvre Bridal...

Yours Sincerely,

Christine86

It could be cause their ballroom is very big and needs a min. tables of 50 (im not sure the min tables)

Hi! Sorry for the late reply! I met with Tirtha, meeting the moment this Friday, as for Eternally yours, I'm not able to arrange a good timing to meet up and the wedding entourage did not get back to me at all...

Hi! Can share Tirtha package? Seen their website looks like the planners got no experience..

G&Z

Hi! Can share Tirtha package? Seen their website looks like the planners got no experience..

sure, its $4800+.. they help in planning from the beginning to the end.. no hidden costs, they will plan out the budget for u n help u source whatever you.. the guy i met is pretty experienced

ccjmiko

Hi there! I am also planning for my wedding which probably be in oct 2015! Am looking around for venues now... I know the wedding stylist is not too bad too! If you are looking for good hair&makeup artist, can check out indigoartisans.com

Christine86

sure, its $4800+.. they help in planning from the beginning to the end.. no hidden costs, they will plan out the budget for u n help u source whatever you.. the guy i met is pretty experienced

thanks!! do you have the person name and contact details?

G&Z

thanks!! do you have the person name and contact details?
yup! Sebastian Neo - [email protected] 9368 0007/6557 0820

Hi there! I am also planning for my wedding which probably be in oct 2015! Am looking around for venues now... I know the wedding stylist is not too bad too! If you are looking for good hair&makeup artist, can check out indigoartisans.com

hi there! welcome!

G&Z

to be honest, i dont know but there are other wedding planners in the company so they may take over.. i know he won't be the only one planning your wedding, there will be another assistant...if you decide to meet him, ask him...

anyway my bf decides to go with Brian from the moment to plan the wedding....

if you have any other questions, maybe you want to private msg me? At least I will rec notification and will replies faster :)

♥ Alina ♥

Hi, I'm also a half half 2014 and 2015 bride. ROM in Dec 2014 and AD Jan 2015. I have settle my venue and bridal already. Anyone is also from My Dream Wedding and also booked Holiday Inn Atrium for banquet? :) Now looking for solemnisation and AD photography & photobooth. any recommendations? thanks. :)

FKX

harlow!! i m a btb in q1 2015. readin e posts made me realised i m too slack in e wedding plannin!! only ideas, no work done!! anw, any btb doesnt sign up w bridal boutique. i m thinkin of jus rentin frm boutique for AD. any advice?

G&Z

Hi, I'm also a half half 2014 and 2015 bride. ROM in Dec 2014 and AD Jan 2015. I have settle my venue and bridal already. Anyone is also from My Dream Wedding and also booked Holiday Inn Atrium for banquet? :) Now looking for solemnisation and AD photography & photobooth. any recommendations? thanks. :)
welcome! wow you have booked your venue... I have not even started!

For Solemnisation, you can try fullerton bay, singapore flyer, keppel bay ?

and welcome!

harlow!! i m a btb in q1 2015. readin e posts made me realised i m too slack in e wedding plannin!! only ideas, no work done!! anw, any btb doesnt sign up w bridal boutique. i m thinkin of jus rentin frm boutique for AD. any advice?
haha you are not slack, i have not confirmed anything yet... actually if you sign a package right, you are kinda renting their gown but for how many and at the same time, if they throw MUA and photography so it all depends if you like the Bridal Shop enough to sign everything...

I suggest u Google and find. When I did, found about two that do just gown rental for cheap. One is a love affair , another is made for princess.

Also I found someone's blog that posted about a bridal shop that does mainly AD rental. But I lost e link. But I do recall its a shop not in a central area. Shops located at tras street that to charge a premium due to their location.

Hope this helps ;)

FKX

welcome! wow you have booked your venue... I have not even started!

For Solemnisation, you can try fullerton bay, singapore flyer, keppel bay ?

and welcome!

haha you are not slack, i have not confirmed anything yet... actually if you sign a package right, you are kinda renting their gown but for how many and at the same time, if they throw MUA and photography so it all depends if you like the Bridal Shop enough to sign everything...

hi G&Z, sorry.. kinda new here. wat is MUA? tis is e only acroynm i had trouble figurin out. haha!!

FKX

I suggest u Google and find. When I did, found about two that do just gown rental for cheap. One is a love affair , another is made for princess.

Also I found someone's blog that posted about a bridal shop that does mainly AD rental. But I lost e link. But I do recall its a shop not in a central area. Shops located at tras street that to charge a premium due to their location.

Hope this helps ;)

thanx!! tats really helpful! :) i will check them out!

u also goin for ala-carte like me or sign up w a bridal boutique alr?

thanx!! tats really helpful! :) i will check them out!

u also goin for ala-carte like me or sign up w a bridal boutique alr?

I signed with bridal boutique already but im very kpo..will also search for gowns online just to understand the market. :) curious bah...

G&Z

hi G&Z, sorry.. kinda new here. wat is MUA? tis is e only acroynm i had trouble figurin out. haha!!

ahh no worries! took me a while to understand too

tulipkiss

welcome here! :) there's a solemnisation thread here http://singaporebrides.com/weddingforum/threads/suggestions-for-solemnisation-venues.14235/

how many people are you having for your solemnisation?

Christine86

to be honest, i dont know but there are other wedding planners in the company so they may take over.. i know he won't be the only one planning your wedding, there will be another assistant...if you decide to meet him, ask him...

anyway my bf decides to go with Brian from the moment to plan the wedding....

if you have any other questions, maybe you want to private msg me? At least I will rec notification and will replies faster :)

Is The Moment package cheaper? $4800 abit over budget.. Can share the package?

JTJS

Hello all BTB! I am based overseas and have no idea for my wedding at all. Can anyone give some advise on where to start and what to look out for?

hi all , got a question to ask . me and my So planning to get ROM in mid 2015, AD at 2016 . Can I actually slot my gate crush same day as my solemnization ? or is it a “must” or tradition to have gate crush on the same day for my AD? And how about tea ceremony ? Please help ! thanks .

tulipkiss

hi all , got a question to ask . me and my So planning to get ROM in mid 2015, AD at 2016 . Can I actually slot my gate crush same day as my solemnization ? or is it a “must” or tradition to have gate crush on the same day for my AD? And how about tea ceremony ? Please help ! thanks .

Gate crash is not a must or tradition. Per my parents, the groom only has to fetch the bride before tea ceremony. Tea ceremony is considered traditional customary - can be either with ROM or AD or a separate day even :)

G&Z

Is The Moment package cheaper? $4800 abit over budget.. Can share the package?
yea it is cheaper, i think you shld email them directly and they may able to quote better coz different wants

G&Z

Hello all BTB! I am based overseas and have no idea for my wedding at all. Can anyone give some advise on where to start and what to look out for?
I would think you need to find somebody to help you coordinate if your wedding is in Singapore and you are in overseas... then venues, then bridal shop, photography... depends on your date as well.

Hey all BTB,
have you all heard of beyoutiful bridal house? https://www.facebook.com/Beyoutifulbridalhouse?ref=ts&fref=ts
I have seen some of their grown on FB is really beautiful.
However, I'm not quite sure about their service? Anyone went to them before?

Eileen
hi! nope never been there.. you should go check out at their shop and see how is it if you really like them

Dimsum dolly

Hi all BTB,

I'm looking to do my wedding dinner in Oct 2015. Looking at Hyatt and Mandarin Oriental.
Any suggestion which hotel is better?

G&Z

Hi all BTB,

I'm looking to do my wedding dinner in Oct 2015. Looking at Hyatt and Mandarin Oriental.
Any suggestion which hotel is better?
I never been to both hotels so I can't tell you which one is better... what are you lookin for when choosing the venue? the food? the pillarless ballroom? the perks that they offer you? maybe from there you can compare and decide?

Anyone had their banquet booked with regent for 2015?
nope, are you having your banquet there?

eeyore07

Yup will be having banquet there. But seems like their perks r difficult to nego... Wanted to check it out if any 2015 couples are also looking at regent n manage to get gd perks.

sherlin

Yup will be having banquet there. But seems like their perks r difficult to nego... Wanted to check it out if any 2015 couples are also looking at regent n manage to get gd perks.
I think Regent and Four Seasons, since under same group, harder to nego.

j.koh

Hi dear! I'm based overseas too :)

We are planning to have our wedding in Jan 2015. We shortlisted a few possible venues based on number of tables and budget. My fiance is going back to Singapore in Jan and he will go look at the places and hopefully confirm venue then. I might be getting my gown online and he is getting his suit tailored here in Australia. I think the rest of the things eg photography/makeup artist/florist can google and liaise via email. We will be going back together in July so we will hopefully meet up with the shortlisted vendors then.

p.flamingo

Hi all, curious question to everyone. I'm a very lost and confused 2015-bride pending the auspicious dates selection. Is it typical to ask a fengshui master or possibly to go the temple and ask the medium for a good date?

sherlin

Hi all, curious question to everyone. I'm a very lost and confused 2015-bride pending the auspicious dates selection. Is it typical to ask a fengshui master or possibly to go the temple and ask the medium for a good date?
It depends on your beliefs. For us, we didn't approach anyone, i went online to check out the dates and just shortlisted the non-inauspicious dates from there

zrhs

Holiday Inn Atrium was one of my choices too, I went to a wedding held there recently and the ball room lighting and food is nice.
However i got a bit disturb that only half of ballroom is high ceiling and the other half was low ceiling and have pillars blocking the views.
Although they hv tvs / screen for you to see live what happening, its really pity that it was like that.

Do you know how many ball room do they have? The one I went was at level 2 beside a restaurant.

♥ Alina ♥

Holiday Inn Atrium was one of my choices too, I went to a wedding held there recently and the ball room lighting and food is nice.
However i got a bit disturb that only half of ballroom is high ceiling and the other half was low ceiling and have pillars blocking the views.
Although they hv tvs / screen for you to see live what happening, its really pity that it was like that.

Do you know how many ball room do they have? The one I went was at level 2 beside a restaurant.

Holiday Inn has 3 ballrooms basically changi ballroom, seletar ballroom and another one which I forget the name. I think the one u went shld be level 3 if is beside a buffet restaurant. mine is level 2 (seletar ballroom) which can haf 18 tables the max.

themoment

Say "I Do" to The Moment Wedding Planner

We help YOU to minimize stress and maximize fun! – Hiring a wedding planner ensures that you will have a worry-free and stress-free day, thus, allowing you to enjoy your day like your guests! :)