(2015) 2015 brides??

tulipkiss

My SO and I can't decide on the wedding period.
House will be ready in either end of 2014 or start of 2015. Probably 1 month would be enough to have the wallpapers up n some painting.

Would it be better to have the wedding before or after the house is ready?

Are year-ends better or year-starts better for weddings generally?

Phoebenghx

House will be ready in either end of 2014 or start of 2015. Probably 1 month would be enough to have the wallpapers up n some painting.

For me I think wedding before house ready will be good.
Our pocket will burn a big hole. Confirm swipe out the savings.

leess18

For myself, we are having the wedding after the house is ready so that we can move in immediately after the marriage.

Usually you can guess-stimate that you will get the keys of the house half year before top. So maybe you can use that as a gauge for your wedding date?

myc

Meee! finally kick started by signing my wedding package at style wedding fair today!

Wedding should be in Sept'15~~

G&Z

Meee! finally kick started by signing my wedding package at style wedding fair today!

Wedding should be in Sept'15~~
oh who did you sign up with?

tulipkiss

For myself, we are having the wedding after the house is ready so that we can move in immediately after the marriage.

Usually you can guess-stimate that you will get the keys of the house half year before top. So maybe you can use that as a gauge for your wedding date?

half a year before the TOP date in the contract? the expected TOP date rumoured now is about 1 year earlier already *cry*

missyjanice

I also had start planning in fact looking in nov or dec 2015. But I already start to check out bridal shops and wedding dinner venue. Also attended some wedding fairs as well and even create a FB group for 2014/2015 brides to discuss about the plannings lol.

RS_

Hi ladies...

Just joined as member few minutes ago! Guess I'm not the only one who is kiasu :)

tanliqi

Hi! I'm a btb 2015 too, looking ard for hotel packages, any hotel banquets to recommend? Was thinking if I should wait for the wedding show to get a better deal. Any idea? :)

leess18

Hi! I'm a btb 2015 too, looking ard for hotel packages, any hotel banquets to recommend? Was thinking if I should wait for the wedding show to get a better deal. Any idea? :)

How many tables are you looking at? And yes, wedding show will have better deals but it would be good if you can have a site visit or view the ballroom and packages before that so that you will have a better grasp of what's the bargain or perks they are offering you during the wedding show

G&Z

Hi ladies...

Just joined as member few minutes ago! Guess I'm not the only one who is kiasu :)

welcome! haha we are kiasu in a way!

tanliqi

How many tables are you looking at? And yes, wedding show will have better deals but it would be good if you can have a site visit or view the ballroom and packages before that so that you will have a better grasp of what's the bargain or perks they are offering you during the wedding show

Oh nice! Thanks! I'm looking for abt 30 tables, went down to pan pacific, fullerton and mandarin oriental to look at their ballrooms.. As the bookings have not yet started for 2015 we decided maybe we could still hang ard to see if there would be more wedding shows coming up :p thanks for e tip :)

cremeee

Hi all 2015 Btb!! I also went to the Style wedding fair last weekend to source for banquets. Orchard Hotel's rates will be out around Dec while Marriott will be out around Nov.... :)

tulipkiss

I received an email from the BS about winning the Style Wedding magazine AGAIN.. giving me another 2 weeks to revert to them for the discount :rolleyes:

G&Z

I received an email from the BS about winning the Style Wedding magazine AGAIN.. giving me another 2 weeks to revert to them for the discount :rolleyes:
u goin to take it up?

RS_

ahhh quite cool, i downloaded 1 app - Wedding Happy, have not really tried it though...

I heard about the pool platform solemnisation, i heard it cost 10+k for just the platform solemnisation... not sure if my friend is doing on the pool or beside it... I will share my thoughts and hopefully some pics as well...

day dream is a start! try to visualize what u want on the day and work from there.... and of course the budget... like how much u r willing to spend on the wedding bands, wedding gowns, pre-wedding shoot etc etc.... i quite kiasu, i actually bought a file and when i see sth i like, i print or tear off from the magazine and put it in the file...[/

Thanks for sharing, this is so cool! My bf will definitely like this idea :p

G&Z

Thanks for sharing, this is so cool! My bf will definitely like this idea :p

glad to share whatever ideas i have! :)

j.koh

Hello ladies!
I'm a Jan 2015 btb and one of my friends introduced this website to me :)

Been having a lot of inertia getting started on wedding prep because my fiance and I work in Australia. We are going to have the wedding back in SG as our families are back home. Been trying to get our parents to look at hotels for us but my mum is getting a bit annoyed that at our non-contribution, haha. To be honest I just want something simple and as long as the people who matter are there, I really don't care where we hold the dinner!

I'm having trouble trying to decide how to get my wedding gown. It's really expensive in Aust, and due to my work, I can probably only go back to SG for 1-2 weeks in July next year. Even if I go try on gowns like crazy and if I do end up picking one, they will still need time to alter right? Cos the next time after that I'd probably only be able to go back like 2-3 weeks before the wedding. It'd be too late to do any more alterations by then? I have half an mind to just buy one online...

tulipkiss

Thinking of getting the marriage cert first in early 2015. Before customary and banquet in 2016.

Any idea how should I go along planning? Sudden change in timeline makes me very gan chiong :/

myc

Just submitted the request too!

It's good to start planning early after all still need time to lose weight and ps takes time too. Hehe :)

RS_

ya...remembered read it from some article that as our arms will be exposed all the time (both PS & AD), it's good to start toning up our arms too :)

lemonzil

speaking from experience, the arms is more prominent for AD. for PS, the only thing to worry is all natural smiles and facial expression. because everything can be photoshopped except facial expression according to my PG.

hope this helps!

G&Z

Thinking of getting the marriage cert first in early 2015. Before customary and banquet in 2016.

Any idea how should I go along planning? Sudden change in timeline makes me very gan chiong :/

Does that means more time to plan for the wedding dinner? do a simple solemnization at a outdoor venue?

hello! im a 2015 btb too! for customary.. i hv already rom-ed in january this year... hehheeheheh

Hello ladies!
I'm a Jan 2015 btb and one of my friends introduced this website to me :)

Been having a lot of inertia getting started on wedding prep because my fiance and I work in Australia. We are going to have the wedding back in SG as our families are back home. Been trying to get our parents to look at hotels for us but my mum is getting a bit annoyed that at our non-contribution, haha. To be honest I just want something simple and as long as the people who matter are there, I really don't care where we hold the dinner!

I'm having trouble trying to decide how to get my wedding gown. It's really expensive in Aust, and due to my work, I can probably only go back to SG for 1-2 weeks in July next year. Even if I go try on gowns like crazy and if I do end up picking one, they will still need time to alter right? Cos the next time after that I'd probably only be able to go back like 2-3 weeks before the wedding. It'd be too late to do any more alterations by then? I have half an mind to just buy one online...

welcome ladies!

tulipkiss

Does that means more time to plan for the wedding dinner? do a simple solemnization at a outdoor venue?

Actually ya, you got a point. i have more time for planning wedding dinner now..
Pre-wedding shoot photos no need to display for solemnisation right? :X So I can take my time..

Any idea where's nice to hold the solemnisation for around 10 pax? I quite like Fullerton Bay Pods. But minimum for that I think is 25pax..

G&Z

Actually ya, you got a point. i have more time for planning wedding dinner now..
Pre-wedding shoot photos no need to display for solemnisation right? :X So I can take my time..

Any idea where's nice to hold the solemnisation for around 10 pax? I quite like Fullerton Bay Pods. But minimum for that I think is 25pax..

is it at fullerton bay hotel? it is pretty there.. can consider jewel box? keppel bay? spore flyer? sentosa beach?

Phoebenghx

BF and I are planning to have ROM in late 2014, no concrete plans yet. But looking at TungLok Signatures @ The Central.

Danielle Chua

I also got a copy too! All the dresses looked so tempting... just returned from MBS wedding preview. The ballrooms like 'wow'. Pillar-less and squared. And i'm super amateur looked so bummed and duno what to ask. Tsk!

It's still not too late Joey. We still have one over year to plan and shop around! :D It is actually quite physically tiring to squeeze the entire shopping process within a short few months. So at least we can shop, stop, shop, stop.

jazshc

Hi BTB!

I am also a 2015 btb! I recently went to Amara Sanctuary Resort Wedding Show and I won 3rd prize lucky draw which I would like to sell. It is a basic photography package with Sattine Bridal Couture (Sattine Bridal is linked to LaBelle). I am trying to sell this because I recently signed a package with Z weddings and have decided not to continue with them but I have already put a S$500 deposit. So I am looking to sell this photo package to cover my deposit.

Sattine Bridal Couture - 3hr Casual Indoor/ Outdoor Photography Package worth S$ 1,088

Package details:
1. 1 Outdoor location of your choice or studio/ indoor
2. 15 Selected soft copies photos return in DVD

This is a very simple and basic package. To be utilised by 12 April 2014. You can buy this package over and go to the bridal boutique to add on hours or gowns/suits etc..

Price is very negotiable http://www.******************/forums/images/smilies/RpS_smile.gif and I am willing to give a very very very good discount because I am just looking to cover my Z weddings deposit which is non-refundable :(

Interested parties please PM me :)

Christine86

ode to joy, the wedding butler and tirtha weddings (can't rem the name off-hand) to b honest, i didnt want to but i just started my new job and i already can forsee the busy schedules and the bf's workin schedule is hectic so gotta get someone to help us...

Hi i am planning my wedding in 2015 as well... have you meet the wedding planners? i thought of engaging one as well..