(2014) 2014 Brides

vvzz

Hi all, I'm a nov 2014 btb. :) great to find this page. My fiancé and I most likely geared towards wedding lunch buffet at one degree 15 as it is where we met for the first time.

And the wedding sales is Juliana from sentimental. Having slow responses from her.

Feel free to share anything you know about one degree 15! :)

hellopanda

hello BTBs, does anyone know how to spice up the wedding banquet other than hiring a live band or singing/dancing by the couple?

rilasleeps

Hi! July BTB here!

I'm considering a MTM gown from my bridal studio as it's included in my package but actually, on my 1st fitting I already found white gown and evening gown that suits me and that I like. But just feel that since MTM is in the package, it's so wasted not to exercise that option. :(

As for actual day photog and videographer, I got below-market-rate prices! In all, they only cost me $1,400! The people I chose....are ok only. I've seen their works, they are ok. Acceptable but not super awesome. But I don't mind as I don't wanna waste too much $$$ on those.

Just quite worried cos my wedding is a big one with church and a 50 tables dinner at night. Thinking about it makes me O.O!!!!!!

All the coordination's gonna be crazy!! But thankfully, my fiance is helping me, listening to my 'orders'. hahaha.

Hello Penguinavalanche! Can share who you AD PG & VG are? Thank u!

Hi, videographer is Robin from Ink & Light. U can take a look at his website. His rates $1000-$1, 200. He quite nice, feel comfortable working with him.

Photographer ..no point for me to disclose as his cheap rates are tied to my wedding package promo.

padmejo

Hi all,

I'm a May 2014 BTB. Had already booked my venue. Its gonna be a Western lunch. Viewing my PS layout next month. Most vendors shortlisted le. Waiting to closwr date then confirm.

PatChan

Any recommendation on where to get the guo da li items? Anywhere cheap and good? =P
My AD is in Jan. Still thinking if I had left out anything.... -_-

lemonzil

Any recommendation on where to get the guo da li items? Anywhere cheap and good? =P
My AD is in Jan. Still thinking if I had left out anything.... -_-

recommend Le Knot. located at 5th floor City Plaza. extremely pleased with their service.

lemonzil

You're most welcome!

darthjo

I recommend Le Knot too. They have flower girls & page boys attire there too. The quality is good. I'm buying their flower girl dress there.

PatChan

I recommend Le Knot too. They have flower girls & page boys attire there too. The quality is good. I'm buying their flower girl dress there.

is the flower girls dress ex there? and have you seen their dress range? is it only those white dress?

I'm considering to get qi pao or other dress... any recommendation on these? anywhere else selling these dress that are not so ex? seen a few all range from 60+ to 90....

darthjo

Hi PatChan,
The flower girls dress at Le Knot is ard $60plus. They have white dress, pink, green, red, I think I saw tiffany colour too.

If its over ur budget, u can consider getting from taobao. I bought some there. Less than $40.

I have posted some pics in 2014 BTB FB grp thou.

PatChan

Hi PatChan,
The flower girls dress at Le Knot is ard $60plus. They have white dress, pink, green, red, I think I saw tiffany colour too.

If its over ur budget, u can consider getting from taobao. I bought some there. Less than $40.

I have posted some pics in 2014 BTB FB grp thou.

Hmmm... seems that i'm not in the group yet... cant see. =(

starblue

Congrats everybody! I am a 2014 BTB too! signed up with Z wedding last year, wondering if anyone can advice on what to expect... read somewhere that they do the consulation 2-3mths before PS... is it a good thing?

also considering peach gdn @ OCBC building or Grand Shanghai. anyone else with info about this? Haha

Hvnt picked a date. meeting Master David Tong next week. Excited!

Hi, I just had my wedding at grand shanghai!! it's a great place to have your wedding.... everything went well... and my photos at grand shanghai looked very nice!! If u are interested i can show u some pictures of the venue!! food wise was great and not as ex as hotels!!! ours was less than 1K per table... the complimentary room at grand copthorne waterfront was great too!! Hope u have fun planning u wedding!!! =)

tulipkiss

My SO and I can't decide on the wedding period.
House will be ready in either end of 2014 or start of 2015. Probably 1 month would be enough to have the wallpapers up n some painting.

Would it be better to have the wedding before or after the house is ready?

Are year-ends better or year-starts better for weddings generally?

purlip33

Hi,
anyone had attended weddg at Park Royal on Beach Road?
I am considering it but not sure how is the food there?
Able to share your views with me.
Thanks

PatChan

Does anyone have a AD itinery? although attended afew wedding, but comes to my own, I'm somehow lost! Was wondering how should the flow by like.

lemonzil

Hi,
anyone had attended weddg at Park Royal on Beach Road?
I am considering it but not sure how is the food there?
Able to share your views with me.
Thanks

attended a wedding there last year or the year before.. the food is still ok.. i mean standard/norm etc.
personally i dont like going there because the parking is quite bad.
but they just upgraded the 'carpark' next building so it's better now.

PatChan

Have anyone seen or know about where to get qipao/cheong sum for kids? i'm planning to let my flower girls walk-in in qipao/cheongsum on my 2nd march in

lemonzil

Pat, honestly i have no idea. but you may wan to try Chinatown? the market area?

lemonzil

i think u can bargain at the market somemore.. :)

lemonzil

chill... dont get overstress!

lemonzil

how to not stress... =(
like so many things haven settle

note you also put 'like' so many things.

i know how u're feeling. I felt the same way while doing my preps. you really need to take a step back, go through ur lists.
it's the paranoid feeling that will haunt you till ur wedding day itself... relax~~!!