(2014/11) November 2014

purlip33

why not get a nice cheongsam instead of Kua? its much easier and cheaper den rental..
im planning to do that for my AD.. as my BS does not include KUA in their package too

cos i was thinkg kua can only wear once a lifetime.. cheongsam can wear it even its nt weddg. but will see how if i am able to rent it.

lemonzil

hi all,
Has anyone choose their gown and taken the photoshoot?
i was wondering when should i go to choose the gown?

usually ppl leave abt 3-6 months prior to AD for photoshoot.
so gown fitting for PS should be abt 1-2 weeks before ur actual PS date..

forumbs

Hello! My date is 22nd November 2014, Saturday.
Going to have a church wedding followed by lunch is at Swissotel-Fairmont.
My bridal studio is Sophia Weddings Collection. :)
It's wonderful to see this thread and can't wait to journey with you girls towards our Big Days!!! =^,^=

Hi Funky bratz

Could you share ur experience with Sophia wedding ?
I am considering their gown rental package.
Thanks!

gigileong

anyone's interested to take pre-wedding pics with those vintage vespa with sidecar?

min 2 hours@$288, looking for someone to share, 1 hour each.

thanks girls!

I have just booked my gown selection end april
Planning to have photo shoot in June or July
Was wondering if it will be too late
Try having your photoshoot asap as you will still need to select your pics and also the studio will need time to process all the photos with edition.

13283387215_4936dc3240_o.jpg

Join us for our upcoming wedding show with Marina Bay Sands on 29th March 2014!

For couples who already booked their banquet venue, we are pleased to share our
sweet treats to you for your visit to our studio before 28th March 2014!

Give us a buzz now to 6337 1714!
Thanks and looking forward to assist your wedding! :)

Cheers!
Fion
Your Wedding Advisor
+65 6337 1714
[email protected]
Coffee and Tea Dreamzcoffee
www.dreamzcoffee.com
www.facebook.com/dreamzcoffee

Shrmny

Hi ladies, wonder if any one of you would be renting or making a cheongsam for your tea ceremony instead of wearing a kwa?

Wow! Why is Nov 29 super hot date compared to other dates in November? I have not booked my venue yet, still cracking my head to book on 15Nov or 16Nov. I have not done anything except a deposit placed with a bridal shop. Am I very late for everything????

blackcude

Wow! Why is Nov 29 super hot date compared to other dates in November? I have not booked my venue yet, still cracking my head to book on 15Nov or 16Nov. I have not done anything except a deposit placed with a bridal shop. Am I very late for everything????

wow, you really have to call all hotels which you are looking at.. to check if they have these two dates available..
as mine is 16Nov, some of the hotels are full even when i called to check in 12 mths ago..
wish you good luck~

wow, you really have to call all hotels which you are looking at.. to check if they have these two dates available..
as mine is 16Nov, some of the hotels are full even when i called to check in 12 mths ago..
wish you good luck~
Where is yours? Maybe you took where I wanted lol

It's at Novotel Clarke Quay. We took a pre wedding package with romantic life taiwan. The actual day still not settled yet.
Now sourcing around for make up artist~

Jia you! Maybe you wan to source around for the hotels, see whether they have the dates
I'd been there once to attend a wedding dinner. The ballroom is nice! Food is good too!

Hi ladies, wonder if any one of you would be renting or making a cheongsam for your tea ceremony instead of wearing a kwa?
Hi babe, I will be renting a kua or tea dress. Making a cheongsam is costly and time consuming which is out for me. If you have the bucks and time to do it, why not? Cheongsam will be very nice!

Shrmny

Hi babe, I will be renting a kua or tea dress. Making a cheongsam is costly and time consuming which is out for me. If you have the bucks and time to do it, why not? Cheongsam will be very nice!

I am keen to rent a cheongsam only as making a cheongsam would be quite pricey.. plus after that might not wear frequently.
Hope to hear from fellow btbs on possible rental options and places :)

Thanks!! was still worried cause i saw some negative comments online…
we took the place due to the ballroom and the entire level 6 is ours

which venue r your eyeing?
Mixed reviews are very common. Do not worry too much, just be prepared to be a pretty bride on your actual day! I may be taking Hilton, mixed reviews too!

I am keen to rent a cheongsam only a making a cheongsam would be quite pricey.. plus after that might not wear frequently.
Hope to hear from fellow btbs on possible rentEspecons and places :)
Personally, i feel that kua looks very bulky, shapeless. Some bridal package do have cheongsam, but most people wear kua? Is there a reason why? Looks more appropriate? what other occasions can we wear cheongsam to?

Shrmny

Personally, i feel that kua looks very bulky, shapeless. Some bridal package do have cheongsam, but most people wear kua? Is there a reason why? Looks more appropriate? what other occasions can we wear cheongsam to?

I think it's Chinese tradition, that's why most brides might wear Kua. My studio does not provide cheongsam rental and their tea dress selection is quite limited.
Cheongsam can wear for CNY, other people's weddings etc.. indeed the occasions can be quite few and that's why i think better rent than make a cheongsam.
Prices for making one does not come cheap.. around $400 and above I think...
if not, then i might have to keep a lookout for other appropriate dresses for tea ceremony..

I think it's Chinese tradition, that's why most brides might wear Kua. My studio does not provide cheongsam rental and their tea dress selection is quite limited.
Cheongsam can wear for CNY, other people's weddings etc.. indeed the occasions can be quite few and that's why i think better rent than make a cheongsam.
Prices for making one does not come cheap.. around $400 and above I think...
if not, then i might have to keep a lookout for other appropriate dresses for tea ceremony..
Babe, i think you rent better. You might find it too formal to wear to other people's wedding! Just my 2 cents worth!

I have just booked my wedding venue :D

Dreamstar, 3 months before your ROM you can contact the JP. Some contact earlier for outside solemnization. I am also having my solemnization before my AD wedding lunch :)

purlip33

hi fellow btbs,

any1 gg to custom-made weddg shoes?? i have shopping for it but unable to find smthg that i like n suits me. My bf is only 3cm taller thn me, thus those heels tat caught my attn are too high.. thinking of having to custom-made instead.. any suggestions??