(2013/11) Nov 2013 BTB

khanompang

rabber: Yup, you can get the medical tapes from guardian or watsons. Tape down the dress, get hollywood tape. I got mine at Robinsons. I think many shops do have them as well at the lingerie department :)

lemonzil

lemonzil: does the seamless underwire one work well? like pushup effect or support? my silicon nubra doesn't work well for that although it is said to have push up effect.

it works great for me... at least i feel supported and secure. :p unlike my silicon one doesnt feel secure and when I start sweating, it starts slipping!!

honestly, during my AD, my MUA helped me with the 'sticking' to make the push up even better...

Bibilow

dotzy: Hihi dotzy. I got my nu bra from Flaunt at CK Tangs and it costs about $70 plus. It was quite good and it stuck the whole day even though I perspire a lot.

Khanompang: What happened? Where did you go for your trip? Hope you are feeling better now... I put on 2kg right after my photoshoot. Guess I will just try to lose it again after my AD fitting. Haha! I think to edit the photo as in photoshopping but then the photos seems ok when I view it via my photo viewer. Am trying to zoom in and see if I can spot any flaw. So much work to do.. My PG went back to Taiwan. Guess I'll turn to forum or go back to my BS and see if they can give me any suggestions.

Maomao: Hihi! Finally found someone whose AD is later than mine. Mine is on 25 Nov. Don't feel stress out. Feel free to ask us any questions as most of us have went through the gown selection and photoshoot.

lemonzil: Woo..Mine was not responsive initially as well. But a friend of mine knew someone from the hotel so the coordinator was kinda proactive after the person spoke to him. So far haven spoke to him after we received the contract so can only find out when we go for our food tasting.

Does anyone knows how many months before do we need to go for food tasting? And how about invitation cards?

Charlove: What's Jms gathering?

Beegirl: You seems pretty quiet nowadays? Busy with the wedding preparations.

Am going to be busy editing the photos plus sorting out the guest list these few days so might not reply so often.

It's JULY and time seems to be running out! Arrrggh!

lemonzil

Food tasting usually 1 month before the wedding. and for invitation cards, good to start early by asking ur friends. relatives wise it's usually during GDL... invites should reach your friends about 1 month plus minus before ur AD so that probably by 2 weeks time, u can get a more confirmed number for ur RSVP. :)

Btw, JM gathering I believe = Jie Mei's gathering. :D

sleepyhead82

Hi All Nov BTB,

My AD is on 30th Nov...
Need some advice for you all...
I'll be doing my gown selection this week and photoshoot end of the month... (didn't lose any single inchs or weight even i started diet plan early this year!!:()
The photoshoot will be in Singapore.. Any recommedated venue for photoshoot?
Thanks in advance! :)

lemonzil

hi sleepyhead, do you have any places of significance you wan to go?
top recommendation would be botanical gardens though. pictures are really perfect there.. :)

lemonzil

Hi lemonzil! Thanks for your advice... ;)
My huddy and I are super duper lazy ppl. And We dun really have a theme in mind...

i know how you feel... you're most welcome! otherwise you can get ur PG to recommend too. sometimes, will be good to base on their recommendation because they would have good exprience with the place and know which and where are the best angles...

dotzy

Khanopang, kate_spade n bibilow.. thank u for ur suggestions.. :) I'm goin to drop by tangs n hv a look since its nearer.. hope it doesn't drop!! Haha

charlove

Yes yes.. JMs gathering is bridesmaid meetup... :) paiseh I didn't make it clear.. have u all started to arrange to meet up with all to discuss?

xpicks

Hi Bibilow, my budget is ard $1500 for 6 hrs with express highlights. I have a videographer friend, but he's gonna be one of the brothers.

beegirl

Oops, have been missing lately! Was caught up with work and shifting office(NO INTERNET CONNECTION)
HERE I AM!!!

Omg, haven't really prepare nothing yet except that i finally found the polkadot wrapping paper!
Thanks Khanompang!

khanompang

bibilow: food poisoning! Haha, lost a lot of water, i doubt i lost weight. Your PG is a taiwanese? Hmm... I think go see what the PGs in the BS suggest? I think they are in the best position to advise since they have your photos :) Ya, choosing photos is tough. I am filtering through mine and I going like... Erm, I don't know what I want.

Dotzy: no problem, get a good one, I doubt it will drop!

charlove: nope, my JMs have yet to meet up, I think nearer the date perhaps. Everyone is busy now! And yes, I've got all my wedding shoes, needed to customise my gown length to it so have to get it early!

xpicks: your wedding shoes? pretty lovely! Bling bling!

beegirl: you are welcome:) you got it at paper market? I was there previously to look for some lace ribboning, no more! :( now don't know where else has.

xpicks

khanompang: thx! :) how's your wedding prep?

Btw btbs, any reco for mua? I still haven't decided. Hehe.. Trying to finalize by next week!

khanompang

xpicks: left with selection of photos and banquet cum invites, i guess? With of course all the miscellaneous stuff! My friend recommended me shirleen, quite good but she was taken on my date. You can pm me if you wish to try :)

xpicks

Khanompang: haha that's good. :) I still have much to prep for.. Especially when I'm having a church ceremony in the morning. So much to do..

chellchell

khanompang: thx! :) how's your wedding prep?

Btw btbs, any reco for mua? I still haven't decided. Hehe.. Trying to finalize by next week!

Hi Khanompang, you may want to try my PS and ROM Mua, everyone said she did a great job for me ^^ can PM me for details

kate_spade

bibilow: food poisoning! Haha, lost a lot of water, i doubt i lost weight. Your PG is a taiwanese? Hmm... I think go see what the PGs in the BS suggest? I think they are in the best position to advise since they have your photos :) Ya, choosing photos is tough. I am filtering through mine and I going like... Erm, I don't know what I want.

Dotzy: no problem, get a good one, I doubt it will drop!

charlove: nope, my JMs have yet to meet up, I think nearer the date perhaps. Everyone is busy now! And yes, I've got all my wedding shoes, needed to customise my gown length to it so have to get it early!

xpicks: your wedding shoes? pretty lovely! Bling bling!

beegirl: you are welcome:) you got it at paper market? I was there previously to look for some lace ribboning, no more! :( now don't know where else has.

Hi Khanompang: Just saw a store at bugis junction shoppping mall (level 3, corner store selling stationaries,card, etc) selling the lace ribbons that you may be interested…maybe can try dropping by :)

Bibilow

Lemonzil: Thanks! Wow.. You are are really a great help around here. I thought food tasting was supposed to be 3 months before the AD and I'm also wondering how come my coordinator have not contact me on the printing of the invitation cards yet.

Charlove: I haven start planning the gathering yet. Thought I might do that when I need them to go pick out the bridesmaid dress and then we can have dinner togets after that. How about you?

Have not bought my wedding shoes yet but my photoshoot heels are quite similar to Xpicks so am still wondering if I need to get another one for my AD. Will decide when I choose my AD gowns.

Xpicks: I've pm-ed you the videgrapher contacts.

Beegirl: Welcome back. Am sourcing for my bridal car now and it seems like there's a slight hiccup. The rental company will only allow me to collect my car after 6pm but I need to decorate my car at 5pm. So am wondering if I should pay extra to get the rental company to do it for me or source for another rental company. Humph! So have you rent your bridal car yet?

Khanompang: I've decided to get my BS to help and have make appointment this Sunday to ask them for their advice on what I should edit. Like what you say, they are the experts so they will know better. :) I thought you get to take back all the photos? Or are you choosing what goes into the wedding album?

lemonzil

Lemonzil: Thanks! Wow.. You are are really a great help around here. I thought food tasting was supposed to be 3 months before the AD and I'm also wondering how come my coordinator have not contact me on the printing of the invitation cards yet.

you're most welcome and it's my pleasure! 3 months before the AD seems abit too early.. i had my wedding all planned and done in about 3 months so.. i'm sure you girls can handle it.. dont worry too much! printing of invitation cards should be soon i guess? because the invites usually reaches ur guests about 1 month before ur AD... :)

beegirl

vainpot_eliz : WOOHOO!! same AD date here **waves

Bibilow: I think you should source for another rental car company. We are using our bro-in-law's car so not renting :) Save $ hahah

Khanompang : Yay, i got them at paper market. got 4m of it at $12. Wanted to DIY red packets, if not actually ready made red packets would cost much cheaper ahhhhh. Hmmm, lace ribbons maybe can try spotlight :)

khanompang

bibilow: yes, i get to take back all the photos, now picking the ones to go into the album. Tough when you get to pick only 5% of the total!

beegirl: really thoughtful of you to DIY red packets! I am sure they will turn out unique and pretty! I am just using leftovers from my cousin's wedding, save money plus FMIL bought some so, might as well. Save me the hassle!

Bibilow

Lemonzil: I think I have too much time to plan the wedding and now with only left 4 months to AD, I feel that there are still lots of things still unprepared. Grrr...Arrgghh.. Ahh... Am getting nervous day by day. Haha..

Beegirl: I wanted to borrow the car from my uncle too but then my sister lent it from him for her wedding so kinda embarrassed to ask from him again. Anyway I've solved the problem and the florist is willing to wait for me.

Wow.. You gals seem to be really good at handicraft. I'm hopeless at it so am just planning to buy whatever I can. What are you gals making for the big day?

Khanompang: Haha.. I totally understand coz it's really tough when you look so beautiful in most of the photos. I'm finally done with my 1st editing and am waiting for my BS to upload the first edit photos at the end of the month. Finally some free time to do other stuff.

lemonzil

Bibilow: it's actually pretty normal. when I was doing my AD planning, whenever ppl ask me how's the planning, my replies are always : seems like alot of thing not done!!! but when i look down the list it's about there! but it never get off my mind.. until the eve of AD. Don't worry too much.
Just remember to list everything in ur checklist and cross check against it.

would be better if you have married friends to help u go tru tgt.. :)

beegirl

Khanompang : I'm quite a DIY person but not sure if its a good thing or bad hahaha!

Bibilow : Good for you! :)

Am diy-ing my red packets, ang bao box and one of my bridesmaid to help me out with a dessert/candy bar at the banquet reception.
I hope we can manage hee!

If any of you need simple graphic designing(etc for red packets) i can help out:)
bought my polkadot wrapping paper and gonna just print out logo that i did and paste overpurpur (J8).jpg

jac_ho

my wedding was 3 months ago and i DIY my candy corner. the apothecary jars i used come in various shapes & sizes.

interested parties please email me @ [email protected] and i'll share the photos of the set up with you.

meanwhile, enjoy your wedding preparation!!

cheers!

lemonee

Khanompang : I'm quite a DIY person but not sure if its a good thing or bad hahaha!

Bibilow : Good for you! :)

Am diy-ing my red packets, ang bao box and one of my bridesmaid to help me out with a dessert/candy bar at the banquet reception.
I hope we can manage hee!

If any of you need simple graphic designing(etc for red packets) i can help out:)
bought my polkadot wrapping paper and gonna just print out logo that i did and paste overView attachment 5157

VERY PRETTY!!!!;)

Bibilow

lemonzil: I totally know what you mean. Most of the important stuff are already done but then it also seems there are other nitty gritty stuff yet to be done. Guess I will not relax until the eve of my AD. I can't wait for the day where I can log in and then comfort other brides to be. Haha

Beegirl: Your red packet is very pretty.. I will never come up with something like this myself. I'm really hopeless at stuff like this. Can't wait to see your ang bao box.

rabber: I really take my hats off you. I am already stressed with just my wedding preparation and if I need to handle my new place too, I think I will go crazy. But the good thing is you just need to stress once and then you can sit back and relax once everything is over.

lemonzil

lemonzil: I totally know what you mean. Most of the important stuff are already done but then it also seems there are other nitty gritty stuff yet to be done. Guess I will not relax until the eve of my AD. I can't wait for the day where I can log in and then comfort other brides to be. Haha

Bibilow, yes u will get this paraniod stuff tagging with you all the way... mine went away till my AD. only managed to catch 2 hours of sleep and all these nitty gritty stuff disappeared after i met my MUA. totally dont have time to think about it. Gotta trust ur xiong dis and jiemeis. basically, briefing sessions before the AD is very important. I drilled my hubby to ensure all his brothers know what to do... minor hiccups will still come up but then, leave it to them to run the show for u... Good Luck!

beegirl

Charlove: Thanks:)

Sha16: Babe, i've added you on fb:) Once approved i will add you in to the group:)

Lemonee: Thanks dear:) Noticed your blog url, bet you are also a polkadot lover:) hi^5

Bibilow: Thanks:) Just doing what i loved to do. Now need the bridesmaids to do the cutting and pasting hahaha!

Rabber: Have you done with reno? My bil is doing ID, i can pm you contacts if you need:) Can take a look at my love nest as well here for a better idea :http://www.thelifeofmoomoo.blogspot.sg/search/label/Our love nest

I think we needa list down the to-do list for each month from Aug-Nov already. ahhhhhh, its almost August already, its coming its coming!
http://www.thelifeofmoomoo.blogspot.sg/search/label/Our love nest

lemonzil

Btbs... chill... breathe... dont get too stress out!!

JeannaT

Hi ladies, how is everyone? been missing for awhile as i just finished my photoshoot last weekend and it was fun thou tiring! very excited on photo choosing session abt 1-2weeks later. loved my photographer as she is a very experienced and creative with many ideas. cant wait to see those photos!

rabber

Bibilow: Yes, I agree with you. But I quite enjoy the process of wedding and house planning and if I had more time, I'll have a breather and can do more detailed things. For now, every weekend is packed to the max. I'm running a small business too so not much time for anything else. But it's all good. Happy stuff so I'm happy.

Beegirl: We bought a resale and didn't need and didn't want to do major reno. But amount of work is still about the same. We have been hunting for furniture every weekend. Coordinate painting, installation, etc. And each piece of our furniture are bought from different places depending on what we like. Haha... o giving ourselves more work only. We only need to move in around Oct. So taking our time to do it up. Thanks for your recommendation! My house pictures can be seen here: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/60870-eastern-2bdr-home-built-on-love-woody-style/

gonggong88

Halo Nov brides! I'm new Here! There's a fb group? Can add me in? My wedding is on 24 Nov and 30 Nov 2013. A little complicated Here as I'm holding 2 wedding, 1 in msia n 1 in spore.

Beegirl: I like ur angbao. Is diy ? How u do it?

beegirl

Lemonzil: You must stay here with us till Nov :)

Jeanna: Excited for you jeanna! Finally done with photoshoot:) You should feel alittle relieve now hee!

Rabber : Ahhh, no problem:) Your love nest looks great and so spacious! love it! Anyway i agree with the part giving ourselves more work to do only but i think we should all enjoy the process:)

gonggong88: Hello! SAME AD DATE HERE! You can add me on fb at [email protected] and i can add you in to the group :) Yup will be diy-ing the angbao with polkadot wrapping paper and pasting over the sticker :)

gonggong88

Lemonzil: You must stay here with us till Nov :)

Jeanna: Excited for you jeanna! Finally done with photoshoot:) You should feel alittle relieve now hee!

Rabber : Ahhh, no problem:) Your love nest looks great and so spacious! love it! Anyway i agree with the part giving ourselves more work to do only but i think we should all enjoy the process:)

gonggong88: Hello! SAME AD DATE HERE! You can add me on fb at [email protected] and i can add you in to the group :) Yup will be diy-ing the angbao with polkadot wrapping paper and pasting over the sticker :)

Beegirl: Wow! Same day! How's ur preparation? Seems like nothing much for me to do now. I feel So lost... I have already added u Last Nite n u have accepted. Hehe. My email is xuemei_lin@hotmail. Com