(2011) 2011 Brides

styleinyou

Happy new year to all....

been a long time since i got time to come in....
hope u all are doing great
happy.gif

prisci11a

clint, i was thinking of TCC at the building next to lido.... the corner window looks quite cute..english style...

what kind of style u looking for ?

sbearie

Clint, go to Oosh at Dempsey!!! Beautiful! Wanted to go for mine but gave them too late notice. Should be ok if you give sufficient notice!!

Also can try 1-Altitude bar!!! Breath-taking views!!

clintomania

prisci11a: actually i just want some nice interior.. and also to avoid the afternoon sun.. shun bian enjoy some air con while doing PS.. hee

Rachel: do i have to pay to shoot at Oosh and 1-Altitude there? I heard White Rabbit there is nice too.. and your AD is coming soon! sooo exciting!

rubbishcow

clint, white rabbit is nice but very expensive...
my PG discouraged us to book white rabbit coz he think they are over charging couples..

rinoalyn

Hi everyone, would like to seek for suggestions on places to take sunset shots that are near Marina Barrage. Normally for outdoor shoot, how many locations can we go to as the time seems quite limited.

sbearie

Hi Clint! I'm not sure if they charge cos the last time when I required was too late for them to make arrangement so they didn't tell mi if it's chargeable or not. Jus make up some story la, say ur first date there maybe they will do u a favor. Haha!!

And yes! Feels quite surreal when I start telling pple my wedding is next week!

michi

Ladies, here is a list of location for photoshot which i've compiled
happy.gif

2 Keppel Bay Vista
Abandoned buildings
Airport Terminal 3
Alexandar Park
Alexandra Colonial Style
Alexandra Hill
Ang Siang Park
Asian Civilization Museum
Boat Quay
Botanical Gardens
Bungalows
CBD Area
Changi Beach
Changi Boardwalk
Chijmes
Clarke Quay
Desaru and Sultan Garden
East Coast Park
Esplande
Fort Canning
Fullerton (Night Shot)
Fullerton Area
Helix Bridge (Night Shot)
Hort Park
Jurong (Bird Park)
Kent Ridge Park
Labrador Park
Mandai Orchid Garden
Marina Barrage
Marina Bay Sands (Sky Roof)
Millienum walk waterfall
Mount Faber
National Museum
Orchard Road (Ion/Orchard Central)
Pub venues
Pulau Ubin
Punggol Beach
Punggol Lalang Field
Raffles Marina
Restaurant venues
Saddle club at Bukit Timah
Scarlet hotel
Selatar Air Base
Sentosa (Big Tree)
Sentosa Tanjong (Beach)
Shophouses at Telok Ayer/Neil Road
Singapore Flyer
Singapore Yatch Club
Singapore Zoo
St.Theresa Church
Tudor Court
Tanjong Pagar Railway
Thian Hock Keng (Temple)

prisci11a

hi all.... went looking for ps places... after the whole day, we still haven decided on where to go.... blair street is really nice for peranakan houses but dunno if the owners are ok for us to take photo outside their homes... all the houses are all really well restored!!

strikingreality

prisci11a >> I think taking outside would be okay. I have seen many wedding couples taking photos on Blair Road. I'm also currently doing research on our PS locations. Went to round 1 research today... doing more next week onwards.

Purplebottle >> Who is your PG? How many costume change did u have?

Anyway, I'm quite happy this weekend because I am no longer homeless after the wedding! Just put our cheque down for a resale flat!
happy.gif
So glad that it was love at first sight for the flat!
happy.gif

prisci11a

kass, congrats!! thats great news for you :D next up renovation!! so where u got ur new home at?

hmm... hee.. den i can put in blair road as a option :D

purplebottle, just wondering, how u manage 5 locations and can i ask did u go?

strikingreality

prisci11a >> My new place is at Bt Batok.
happy.gif
Near my parents and the in laws as well. We're not gonna rush to get the house ready for the AD (our AD both on same day right), cuz don't wanna rush through the reno.

What kind of locations are u looking for your PS? For us we're looking for outdoor nature locations, with plenty of greenery, old school locations and also some indoor locations with a music theme.

Think impt to have sufficient indoor locations for a wet weather plan!

clintomania

congrats Kass for getting your new place! I'm still currently looking for 1..

I've more or less settled where I want to have my PS done.. only left 1 more place.. I want to have some indoor locations but most of them have to pay..
sad.gif

strikingreality

For all indoor places, esp for locations like restaurants/cafes etc, do u think I should drop a courtesy email to the company to check?

I'm looking at Starbucks, Udders... places where HTB and I always hang out.

sapphire05

Hi Kass... Ive got a message for you in the Jawn thread.. hee..

Im also looking at the same places as you.. StarBucks, Udders, Ben & Jerry's etc. Think we need to drop a courtesy email ....

strikingreality

We went to Personality to tailor HTB's suit yesterday! I had so much fun at the shop! Eric (the tailor) is so jovial and passionate about what he does that we spent close to 2.5 hours at the shop. We ended up tailoring a suit but with silk trimmings, rather than a normal suit and 2 shirts!
happy.gif

Sapphire05>> Just thinking aloud, if we buy something from the shop and eat there, what stops us from sitting inside there and take photos? I have not checked the Jawn thread for a while already.
happy.gif

sapphire05

HI Kass... I think if it's places like starbucks that's so open to public and with many chain that would be easy... but those like Udders (privately owned) that need a courtesy email.

I asked if you mind sharing me how much you topup for your MTM gown at Jawn.

Is Eric very friendly and nice? My hubby and I are going down to get his suit MTM only in May.

strikingreality

Sapphire05 >> I will PM you the cost. Dunno how come the Jawn thread like only you and me update... Did u get candymix's photos? I also emailed her, but she has not replied me.

Eric is really very friendly, from the way he talks and the way he personally talk to each of his customers. I think he also spend more time with us, because HTB does not want a normal business jacket. He wants something unique and different and I think HTB also quite excited, cuz honestly, how many ppl visit him and make something other than business suit, or shirts? So he shared with us different suit materials, different shirt materials, what is the difference between the two, what previous couples has done, what is the trend, what has Armani/Hugo Boss/Paul Smith done in the past seasons etc etc. He needs about 6-8 weeks for the suit for us, cuz it's CNY in the middle, so need to factor that in. When is your PS? I think just give him about 2 months before PS should be okay bah.

prisci11a

kass, that's great, stay close to parents every convenient:D lucky for both of you that both sets stay in the same area, easy for future use... ahahahahah

after discussions.. we going for botanical gardens and labrador park... thinking simple since we dun really want to get tooo many extra prints..

sapphire05

Sorry Kass..

Yah loh... Only me & you 'chat' in the Jawn thread.

Hmm.. how do I activate my PM account? Or you send me a msg in FB? I cannot view FB in ofifce so cannot prompt you in FB now..

My PS is in mid July. My hubby is back in town only in May.. so just nice (2 months exactly) to get his suit MTM. Euzart said he will give Eric a call to pre-empt him for this rush order.

sapphire05

Hi Kass.. I got your FB message (I cant reply in office). Thanks alot for the info
happy.gif

Euzart said he will call me when the sketches are ready. Maybe before CNY??

adnon

Hi, i have a $200 discount voucher for live band "A Little Dream". Am willing to let go at $100. Do let me know if you are interested.

phylline

hey guys

was wondering anyone knows where i can get my cheongsam custom made?

im looking at 300 or lower. dont know if its possible.

TIA!

sbearie

Hi ladies!!!!

I'm officially a Mrs!! Wee~~~

But I still wanna join for outings if u gals going out!!!!

Btw, we have a few cases of white wines left, if any of you only wants a small quantity can let me know!!

pinkglove

Congrats Rachel =)

By e way girls, do u have any hens night ideas to share? My bestie's getting married soon and we're planning a hens night for her. I've checked out the thread below on hens night but would love to hear fun stories from u gals if u have =)

sbearie

Thank you girls!!

Pinkglove, I attended a cooking party for my hens party! It's a class which teaches you to prepare a 4 course meal and everyone can sit down together to enjoy what you cooked. After the cooking class, we also had a 1 hour lap dance workshop! Very fun!!

You can google for Cookyn with Mervyn and enquire with them!!

pinkglove

sapphire: we're looking at something below $100 / pax =)

rachel:sounds fun! I'll check it out! thanks! By e way, u went to another studio for the lap dance workshop or was it a tied up with the cooking party?

sbearie

Pinkglove, it's a tied up!! Lap dance in the kitchen! Haha!! U should be able to keep to $100 per pax if u have abt 10 pax!

However if u are skipping lap dance, definitely can do less than $100 each!!

phylline

hey clint.. thanks.. i went to meet kim last week too. but am not sure how is the quality like.

anyone made CS with kim? how's the quality like?

rachel: how much u letting go?

:D

clintomania

Rachel: I saw your photos at Cookyn with Mervyn.. looks so fun!

Phylline: I made my CS with Kim.. I'm quite satisfied with the end results.. Quality wise I guess it have to depend on what kind of fabric you select for the CS bah..

animelover

Is it weird to play games during the dinner? Intend to play either scratch-and-win or bridal bingo during the dinner. My invited guests are all adults (inclusive of elders).

chengmin

Hiii could anyone share Capella experience with me!?? Someone who attended or held weddin ther?

Like to find out how's the food review, service etc