(2010/10) Oct 2010 BTB

missybrooklynn

hey ladies, no regret in getting sweetestmoments for my GDL. checked with 2 of my cousins and they commented it's nice, not too sweet for the kids.. i've tried the cakes too. veri yummy!
happy.gif

maybe i can get cakes from them for my bb shower the next time. LOL!

thiasy

Missy: Sweetest moments really nice ah? is their delivery punctual? hmm.. mine is this coming sat. Scared that they can deliver in time.

Btw.. any one of you have contacts for cheap dry cleaning services for wedding gown? hmm... my house there charge me $100 for dry cleaning.. thought it was a bit expensive..

missybrooklynn

Avatar>> my hubby went down to collect instead.
Yup, it's really nice. Probably I expect it to be avg taste but it turned out above my expectation bah. Haha
happy.gif

I sent it to tanjong pagar plaza for cleaning.. The long wedding gown that I wore for my Bali de, was $50 iirc.

missybrooklynn

Avatar>> The mochi is so so but the brownie is yummy!
Next time exchange it with brownie, lol... Rem to put inside the fridge if u r not eating soon cos they din put preservative.

I ordered wedding cupcakes with them, hope it's good too
happy.gif

lazy_coco

So envious of those who's gdl's over
happy.gif
mine is still 2 weeks away. Dunno how to write those Chinese invites sigh....,

Avatar, I sent mine to clean at bukit merah central, $45. They are the cheapest so far, the other two that I asked charges $80 n $100.

lazy_coco

Avatar, I dunno the name of the shop but it's just a few shops away from watson at bukit merah central.

Amanda, thanks so much haha at least for now I can just focus on getting the name list
happy.gif

lazy_coco

Michie, ya usually mothers will buy some gold to give daughter as dowry, but not necessary to buy a lot even 1 gold chain is ok. Pj is given by groom side on gdl then our side need to return some back to groom side upon receipt. Not sure if i hv answered your questions
happy.gif

michieyun

thanks coco... understand liao... hehe

wat do we need to prepare for the gdl (bride's side)? so confusing... need to get the stuff by this week so anything missed out can get them next week... i was told tt my hb & i are nt supposed to meet one another once after gdl... so now need to get everything done b4 tt... stressed!

rainbowgal23

michieyun> you can go to those GDL shops in chinatown. Just tell them the dialet group for u and ur HTB. The sales person will tell you what to get. Of course, do ask the rationale of buying those stuff. If u feel it is not necessary, you can tell them you don't want.

Eh.. i am not sure about the not supposed to meet after GDL. I only know cannot meet 1 day prior to the wedding date. You want to ask around first?

lazy_coco

Michie, me too never come across the not supposed to meet after gdl rule, only heard the night before can't meet. For gdl, I only buy those v basic things like lamp, teapot set, bowl set, towel n 2 bottle of orange concentrate etc I skipped those pail set n sewing sets. So it depends on how strictly u want to follow. They hv those package thingy but not cheap so I just buy those stuff I think is necessary. But eventually we still spent a few hundreds getting all the stuff for two sides, the stickers, ang bao packets all v costly
sad.gif

j2010t

How you all arrange the seating in the hotel? As I have 12 tables. Mix the groom and bride relatives or all my relatives (12 tables) sit in 1 side?

j2010t

Ok. I tot of mixing them but my mum said y can't we take 1 side. Thanks coco n Amanda for ur reply. Then I think I will follow the same as u Gers

kiwifruit

Hi, I have 13 bottles of red and white wine left over from my wedding just recently. 6 Red - Merlot, Canepa 2009 & 7 White - Sauvignon Blanc, 2008 originally priced at 300 dollars in total now going for 200 only. Grab them while stock lasts.

lazy_coco

J2010t, thanks but I hv gotten them from sg, v heart pain haha

Valerene, wow 40 places is a lot! Hope mine will not be so bad..

j2010t

Coco- haha. Nvm let wish that the guests will boa more $$ in their angbao..lol
I went 3 places on monday. 5 more on Sunday.

thiasy

hmm.... distribute the cakes to relatives lor. hehehe.. luckily for some, i sent cake vouchers instead cos not at home. mainly to v old senior relatives in the family.

rainbowgal23

mrng!

avatar82, I saw the pics on FB. Very nice! you really have put in alot of effort. I doubt i have that many things. haha. din even know that even shoes, clothes and undergarments are part of GDL. Nice job!

thiasy

hahaha... shoes, clothes, undergarments were part of my dowry to put in luggage bag. Marry into a house need to wear new clothes right? hehehe...

reikoling

Avatar87> Wow~ your GDL is very grand with lots of stuffs. =) For the new clothes, do we need to wash and bring over or don't wash just bring over?

rainbowgal23

ooo... ic ic.. i think if i buy more clothes, my HTB will 'kill' me le.. hahahaha... i hv a full 4 door wardrobe of clothes and over 30plus pairs of shoes le. :p

thiasy

Christine: For my new clothes, i nv wash leh.. just bring over to new house then wash bah.

Amanda: haha.. i also have a few wardrobes full of clothes and shoes. But just buy a few new piece to add on. hehe...

la_vie_en_rose

looks like everyone's GDL over liao. anw looking for wine any recommendation.

i went down to a place recommended by fren but no tasting so we buy one bottle of wine recommended to try. so bland and tasteless.
sad.gif
dissappointed.

la_vie_en_rose

i think you can search multiply. there is someone call lovelylace. she sells corsages. How bout diy? just buy the materials from chinatown. That's what i did for mine jiemei.

rainbowgal23

avatar82> yah.. super quiet. how's ur preparation?

for me, everything simply goes wrong. i hv a fren whom i know for 20 yrs. she is supposed to be my jiemei and yet she told me that she cant make it for the wedding dinner due to K Pop concert. Is really an attack to me. sighz.. in the end, i told her i find someone else as jiemei. she can enjoy her concert.

then.. my natural family simply told me that they decided not to invite my natural mom's relatives and my dad's frens.

i don't know what's next will give me an attack.

thiasy

Winspin> when ur AD? Most things settled liao?

For me, the only thing outstanding is the AD programme and briefing of helpers/vendors. (about 80% complete - need some finetuning)

Other than that, it's mainly the guest attendance. hehehe.. mine also not any better than yours. One helper admitted to hospital for surgery, not attending wedding. Quite a no of guests fly kite. Got a few say uncle/auntie or other relative pass away- cannot attend. Other excuses include got other wedding to attend, busy with work, wife give birth, holiday and lots more. At least got 20 to 30 pple fly kite?

Me and hubby now abit bo chap liao. Dun intend to get anymore pple to fill up the tables. cos run out of cards liao. hahahaha.. can't wait for it to be over. The only thing we looking forward is our 3 weeks honeymoon. haha...