(2010/07) July 2010 BTB

jaslyn288

Hi blur btb, yuppie yuppie.. Jasmine & Jaslyn are partners.. LOL
qing duo duo zhi jiao wor... =p

anyway, juz an extra information/source for you.. nvm if u are not interested, we are appreciate if you could just add iwedding as your contact so tat can help us xuan chuan xuan chuan.. hee~~ =D

but leh, if interested, do PM us thru our webby.. we will give u surprise de wor.. LOL

el2sgbrides

hi ching ching.. stole one of the WL brides photos to show u the short front long back gown... i cant find the original one in the mags.. dunno which book liao.. hahaha!
1084319.jpg

beautyfu

blur BTB: congrats on ur coming rom! mine is in less than 2 weeks! anyway, where is this mrs teo florist? go bedok market can find easily? or must call to order? am looking for florist for my hand bouquet and table decor.

dione: i'm getting my nails done 22nd june at marina square. my girlfren recommended me. there's this lady at far east plaza not bad too. Jeana 67354100. but she's always full. jus hope my nails can last me till my ps in july. cos i rom -ing 26/06 and busy working so no choice do on the 22th. yay! bout 3 more weeks to taipei!!

gg_paradise

Hi Girls..

jus wondering what have u all done so far for your wedding preparation? So far, I only managed to book my bridal shop, tentatively book for the banquet. the rest all done.. omg.. countdown.. slightly more than a yr to our big day...

kiddyu15

Nikki: Ooo.. I managed to get a contact from a fren who did her ROM nails @ this home based nail salon.. Her rates are pretty good but her place is in the East.. I'm probably going to make an appt with her.. I'm flying on the 4th and doing my nails on the 3rd.. Must minimize time inbetween cos I scared I destroy the mani/pedi.. Lolx..

Orrr. Congrats on ur ROM! Have u decided wat designs u gonna do yet?

Hi Mrs Chua,

I've also only booked my bridal shop and booked my banquet place.. Going for Taiwan PS in early July and getting my rings in Oct so that can take pics of in for my PS in January.. Hee.. Haven decided number of bridesmaids and stuff.. Think nearer the date all of us will be so, so busy!

gg_paradise

Dione: in that case, most of us had booked either bridal shop or banquet.. ur PS in Jan'10 ah?

what abt the rest? I just checked with my bridal shop. They told me to go down ard Jan'10 to discuss with them the gown design as mine gown is MTM. I ask them if it would be too late.. they told me wont be too late.. cos MTM gown takes 3 mths (which mean Jan'10 go discuss & mtm my gown den Apr'10 PS as they say 3mths b4 wedding take PS) they say jus nice.. but now I wondering whether would it be too late?? what do u all think? I dun wan to go down too early too cos I need to slim down alot.. omg.. how?

I have manage to settle and book my BS and banquet le. Now thinking of a theme for my banquet. Hehe~

Actually it all depends on the BS. Some BS need more than 3 months to settle all the PS. Unless u are those very fussy one, may need more time to select the photos and editing. But of coz, for april, must also see the weather condition is good enough to take photos. For my case, i am planning to take during march holidays as thinking to snap in the poly which I met my HTB. Keke~

kiddyu15

Mrs Chua - Yupz, my PS is in mid-January.. =) We were told to start abit earlier cos selecting, choosing, doing edit takes time and rather than feel the pressure of time doing it, we'd rather take it abit easier..

But it really depends on you and the BS, I'm sure if u intend to give more time for buffer, you can always discuss with your BS..

Ching Ching - Hey! That's a good idea! I met my HTB in Poly too! Hee.. So I'm presuming u 2 have been together for quite awhile liaoz? Me and HTB been together for 9 yrs.. Getting married on 10th yr dating anniversary.. We met @ Temasek Poly.. Hee.. U?

gg_paradise

Thanks Ching Ching & Dione for ur replies.. I'm still thinking leh.. maybe discuss with hubby again to see when he wan lo.. I personally oso would like to space out & have more buffer time rather than having to rush everything out.. sure very stress one..

beautyfu

dione: wah.. u doing 2 ps?? july and jan?? i reckon my nails will probably be damaged before my ps. gonna do gel with french tips. thinking or not to add crystals. cant do so long oso..

kiddyu15

Mrs Chua >> Yupz true.. Somemore nearer the actual day, there will be lots more other nitty gritty stuff to do.. So having some buffer and doing what u can early is sometimes a good thing too =)

Nikki >> Hehe.. Yea.. The Taiwan PS was not intended one.. just happened to be @ an exhibition and was offered a very good package for PS + album alone so took it.. The JB BS is the main package.. I'm going to just do simple french this time round.. AD then do the glamour with crystals kind.. Lolx.. I love crystals! But the time between ur manicure and the trip is abit long hor, only worried some crystals will drop off right? Hmm..

Dione> OMG~ We are same school mates~ I'm together with my HTB for almost 8 years. LOL... u having ur PS so soon? I was intending to take on March hoidays...

Mrs Chua> Take ur time and discuss with ur hubby to know more about his thinking/ideas too. You can start sourcing first as most of the hotels are having promotions. Oh ya, if can, try to sign during wedding shows. U can get a better deal~ =)

beautyfu

ooooo... i'm from tp too. hehe.
gosh. my rom is in 1 week!! after tt ps in taipei and then start planning for AD. dunno where to start looking..

dione: was thinking of crystals, but confirm wun last. i do makeup and eyebrow trim so cant keep long nails oso. most prob jus gel and french, then if have time go taipei add crystals. hahah

sleepyskies

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this forum but think its a god-sent coz there are just so many great advices from BTBs!
happy.gif

Just a qn, I have booked my TW bridal shoot earlier. But the package I signed up for does not include gowns/suits for AD. Any ideas where I can get a decent, but not too ex, gowns/suits rental for AD? Best if the package can come with make-up and hair too. Thanks!

My sister suggested tailor-making a simple dress/gown which can be worn after the AD too...but that means my budget would probably be enough for only 1 dress/gown.
sad.gif

kiddyu15

Ching Ching > Yea, we decided to take the pics cos we were going Taiwan for our anniversary trip.. Hee.. Might as well, if not have to buy air tix again.. =P March holz cos noone in school to disturb.. Hehe.. Can be stressful if alot of pple looking and walking ard.. Haha..

Nikki >> Which year were u in TP? Which course? Hee.. Haha.. Good idea.. Go there then add the crystals so confirm when u are there crystals still ard.. Hehe..

Dione> Yup yup. I've check with my sister on the time table as she is currently study in TP. You r right, at least won't be the centre of attraction in school. Haha.. But still have to discuss w my HTB whether he got any places in mind. Hehe.

Nikki> Wah, another TP fellowmates. I'm from engineering. How abt Dione and u?

sleepskies> Hi hi, welcome to this forum~ When is ur big day? Seems like many July BTB taking PS in taiwan, hehe~ Is there any budget u r looking for? I've intro my frenz (who is in the same situation as u) to whitelink. She manage to get a good offer (package without PS, less than $2K)as she is through recommendation, so quite worth it. Keke~

sleepyskies

Hi Ching Ching,

The big day is planned for June..or July...or Aug 2010. haha. Still waiting for the auspicious dates to come in before I confirm the AD :p

Thanks for the tip. Hmmm. i'm not too sure what is the appropriate budget to look at for AD basic packages. Rather clueless on this.. Any website i can go to for whitelink? What does your fren's package include? Can email me at [email protected]? Thanks!
happy.gif

Nikki> We are the same batch~ Different schools, but same wedding month, so coincidence~ Hehe~

Sleepyskies> I cannot really remember, but the package is those standard items but without PS. She pay less than $2k for it. Maybe u can use this as a price guideline to do ur research. =)

Haha... so when are u all gonna take PS? Already think of the locations?

do anyone here has lobang for AD live PS/printing during banquet other than livestudio?

felcy

Me back!!! muahahaha..

time to start confirming on PG, VG, wedding bands and to start toning!

Looking fwd to PS in Dec!

Dione >> Enjoy your PS!! Must take those with nice nice scenary like those super big garden filled with flowers!!

vilopup

Anybody taking in JB? I took BS in JB, so still thinking of the locations to go for photo shoot. I am rather intrigued by those with waterfall inside the pic... but then again, I do not intend to go too much out of budget.. so trying not to take so many pic!

Dione> Enjoy during ur TW PS!!~~ hehe~

Felcy> Hihi, long time no see~ u gonna start wedding band so fast? already know what u looking? Ur PS so fast in Dec ah.... which mean u gonna select gown soon lo?

Blur btb> My colleague take his PS in JB. Not bad, but not very sure where he take. His BS very good at graphic design, kinda magical feel for his indoor photos esp.

gg_paradise

Nikki, u must be very happy abt it.. how I wish I can fly too.. haha.. anyway, enjoy ur PS! show us some pics if u can when u r back
happy.gif
oh ya, another one important thing is rest well, rest early & drink lots of water! Prepare yourself for the shoot! Yeah!

vilopup

Nikki: I am sure it will be fun... rest here you can... otherwise will get tired from having to smile and smile....

beautyfu

yeah! of cos i'm happy!! happy is simply understated!! i need a break!
so busy with work, and then there was preparation for rom.. and to worsen things.. pms, now i've got 3 huge zits from all the stress and lack of rest. but thankfully rom went on smoothly.

anyway, i'm going to kl first.. then go taipei on the 5th from there. u coming back on the 12th rite? i'll be back on jet star. cant rem time cos my hubs booked.

felcy

Ching Ching >> Wedding band have to start lookin coz my HTB v fussy...until now still dun see anything he likes n he hasn't even decide if he wanna custom made or nt... we intending to take PS in dec so got more time to choose and collect album. I heard that JB BS takes very long to produce album..so just play safe lo...i tot of jus choosing gown like 2 weeks in advance leh..now thinking abt it like nt enough..hurhur

gg_paradise

Jere's wife, my bs oso told me to take ps 3 mths b4 my wedding date, which is Mar10. They told him is more than enough time, dun need to worry that much.. but I oso worried nt enough time etc.. so maybe will consider taking it in Feb10.

kiddyu15

Hi all,

Back from Taiwan..

PS was so tiring.. 2 days under the hot sun! But after seeing the pictures, feel that the hard work was all worth it! Hee.. Will get my design via email end of this month then hopefully get the album next month..

We topped up another 5 shots into our album (originally had 20) and then bought another 70 softcopies.. Super over budgeted! But all the photos were really very nice!

Really need to tahan for the JB PS and NOT top up anything liaoz.. =P

felcy

Dione >> WAH u actually got 2 PS?!! EXcited?? How much did u spend in total for the taiwan PS?? Must b v nice...

Blur BTB>> My friend also told me to take as early as possible coz they will really tu one..

Mrs Chua >> I also worried nt enough time, somemore nid to travel to n fro...in case nearer to the date got more things to attend to so prob only PS can do earlier so clearing it earlier..lolx

kiddyu15

Felcy >> Yea, the Taiwan one was meant for our honeymoon one but then we decided to take it pre-wedding.. Change of mind.. In total for the Taiwan PS is around 2k+ lorz.. In total will get back 96 softcopies (25 in album).. Hope it's money well spent.. =P Will get my design on 28th July.. Waiting for it anxiously.. Lolx..

Nikki >> U back? How was ur PS?

beautyfu

Hihi.. i'm back!!!!!!

wah.. i super overspent!!! my package was $2.5k,40 poses for album, then ended up chosing addition 30 poses.(NT 1000 per pose, but free 90 soft copies) then there was additional costs like transport and makeup artist. suppose to snap bout 180 pics but ended up 460+ pics. the photographer sold us all the softcopies under table at bout SGD400 (studio is NT450/pic). spent $5k+ ba..
overall the pics not too bad, but the weather super hot, drained all my energy!!
i alr have the soft copies liao.. also waiting to see the edited version..
the bridal studio will be comin in july 24 for wedding show at junction 8. they using our pics for their portfolio.. so will pop by to check out. hehe.

dione> wot time did u come back from taipei. i flew the 740pm flight, reach about 11 plus. were we on the same flight?! hurhur.

any jb studio to recommend. haha. maybe need 2nd ps so i can get gowns for my ad.. otherwise rent very ex. so broke liao.

Hihi~ The thrend is getting active now~

Nikki/ Dione> Wah~ So exciting for ur TW PS. Which BS do u all take up? Nikki, u can try asking for package on renting gowns for actual, with car and suits. Shld be ard $2k plus.

Felcy> Maybe u can look at those bride magazine for ideas on customization. Some ring designs are very nice and attractive. Keke~

beautyfu

ching> i signed with francestar. i went wedding travel bridal show in april and signed with them. they comin over again to junction 8 this month end. i think if get ala carte service for rental of gowns and all 2k plus.. i might as well sign another package with ps rite? haha

Hi Nikki~ So long as within ur budget, just go ahead with ur idea. Of coz, more photos the better as only once in a lifetime~ =)

felcy

Ching Ching >> thanks! I jus bought my very first weddin magazine..hurhur..so ex sial but a lot of pictures..tink it's v good for weddin dress ref as well.

Nikki >> ur hTb so nice!! Spent so much nv say anything. My friend took up Fables ended up addin another album which amt up to abt SGD5k! I took up with Venus.

kiddyu15

Nikki >> Wah u super duper more overspent than us.. Haha.. But ur deal is very good! SGD400 for all softcopies!! Each softcopy I paid for was NT400, I bought 40 and they free me 30 oni.. Weather was really super hot, and I tot Singapore was the worst! Haha.. I came back on that flight too!! Hehe.. I guess we were on the same flight.. Me and htb were wear masks, lolx, the N95 kind.. Kiasi, got see us? Share share ur pics!

I'm with SG Bridal for JB PS.. Hee.. Let me know if u wan their package details.. =)

vilopup

Wah everyone doing PS already.. looks like i have to go soon... I have just fired my boss, so will be free during the 7th mth.. anyone knows if can take PS during Lunar 7th mth or not ah? Please advise.

Felcy> I already have 3 bride magazines at home and all tear till dunno where liao. LOL... Whenever I see some design nice, I just tear and put one side. When gown selection, I will throw all these to my coordinator. muahahaha~

Blur btb> Not very sure lehz, but my frenz's dad dun allow her to choose gown during lunar 7th month. So it's up to u and maybe u can seek advice from your parents.

vilopup

I have just called to book my first gown fitting date... I think i give up liao, I am not losing any weight but keep putting on, waiting too long I might be more piggy than before...

Ching Ching, thanks much for the advice... I think never mind lah, where possible I do when I am free and then don't let the parents know bah... My mum is alrite with it. Just asked me not to take late at night or in water, so there goes my kota tinggi water fall pics!