(2009) Brides of year 2009

m_and_n

dkny,

*lol* i saw that already. now just focus on getting a photographer that you can work with and deliver solid photos that both you and your hubby can reminisce in the future.

Good luck!

gracelourdes

yeah...if things were that bad...i tik u guys shd just focus on getting a better PG for ur AD instead....
happy.gif
happy.gif

afterall, weddings r supposed to be a joyous occasion

gracelourdes

WAH.....so lavish solemnization? S$5k can be part of wedding liao leh...not necessary

true i agree with Joleen to save $$ for wedding to hold both at the same time...

but maybe for some of us, we do have reasons to hold solemnization and wedding separately...however, i also feel that solemnization need not be that lavish...it can always be an intimate affair where it may not be that expensive but yet memorable...

dkny6826

Hi gals,

Thanks for all your advice. We have moved on already and has engaged Alan ng as our photographer for AD and his partner for our videography. He is a very nice chap with more than 20 years of photography experience and we are confident of his work as he has showed us many of the wedding couples he took. He is very patient and even spent 2 hrs of his Christmas Eve with us. We were really touched.

Any future brides who are getting married can be in touch with him at 93854888.

http://www.alansignature.com/main.htm

concert

hi guys.. u might want to try Master Ong at Golden Landmark... think he's the geomancer for Mediacorp actor Wang Lu Jiang...

benbenfish

Hi popprincesstrin,

I know a few hotels allow soleminisation in the afternoon. coz our ROM was held in Oct 2007 at Orchard hotel. from 2pm - 5pm. the total cost for our ROM spent around 3K (include of make up,photographers, hotel, ang bao for JP, MUA and photographers and some DIY things). If you wana, I can provide you a list.

cheekychick

Butterfingers, its definitely time to email them for prices! U have to set ur budget & approximate number of tables, then u can shortlist the venues
happy.gif
Cos w/o an idea of the number of tables u have, its abit hard to decide lor i feel
happy.gif

hey fish it'll be great if u can email me the list at [email protected] . My current problem is that most hotels are actually booked in the afternoon for solemnisation which means that I prob have to settle for one that's in the evening (which I am not really willing) or change date

gracelourdes

dkny, it's good to hear that u have finally found a PG that u really love...that way u can celebrate ur wedding and forthcoming marriage with anticipation...and forget abt any unhappiness

gracelourdes

popprincesstrin, i guess u can't afford to be picky now then...just get the whole list of hotels and check which ones are still available for afternoon solemnization......then from there, shortlist which ones u guys love and then decide from there....that should be a whole lot easier

dkny6826

Thanks babes,

I just came back from a wedding dinner at Holiday Inn behind Centerpoint. The couples had piano songs on their 2nd march in and the music is really nice.

Do you gals have any nice piano songs to recommend?

I have a compliation list, mixture or chinese and english love songs. Can share with you gals if you all are keen.
happy.gif

gracelourdes

Queen, wedding lunch sounds ok too...but do check out the prices first...if the prices don't differ much, then logically do wedding dinner would be better...at least ur angbaos won't be so little....

queenly

yah grace....like wat u sae we discussed and decided to still go ahead for dinner....have choosen novotel so see when go down put deposit.

smellypeanut

Hmm.. aiming for 0909 or 2009.. but considering the fact that they are hot hot dates, maybe gotta start considering Nov already. Hehe. You babes don't have to wait for the tongshu to be out? =D

smellypeanut

Okay dokay~ I just got the consolidated guideline list from fellow sgbride Grace. I guess i'll start downsizing the choice from there first and then make the calls. =D

hey grace, have received the price list thanks so much.
BTW, the manager at Fullerton called me today and I've confirmed that I'll be holding my solemnisation in the afternoon there! yeah!

flyingpig

Hi Shining Hoshi, congrates to you too!

How's ur preparation going on? I am still looking for banquet venue in hotel and bridal. Hope to get it done latest by Jan 09.

tikkles

hi.. new to this thread and actually i do plan to get married in dec 09 and jan 10, but we have not really started planning anything.. as my bf is muslim and i'm chinese, we intend to register our marriage on 31 dec 09 (thurs), wedding dinner on 1 jan 2010 (fri) and then a void deck reception on 3 jan 2010 (sun). i actually think i want to consult a master to see if the dates are ok, but i'm not sure if it is a conflict of interest here.. dear piggylover, can i have the information of Long Shifu? just in case i want to go check..
eh, feel stress after reading this thread... lost.... haiz

piggylover

hi tikkles, dont feel stress abt planning. it is gd tat both of u r planning for it nw.

but bear in mind if u wanna head to enquire a date from shifu, ur require date may not be listed out.

let me knw ur email, so can i send u long shifu contact.

pringirl

hello butterfingers! we got our dates from fengshui master who uses wan nian li, cos scared by the time tongshu out, banquet gets snapped up liao. anyway now very headache over which venue to get... cos only got abt 20-22 tables
sad.gif

queenly

NCQ is open le....but cant nego for additional perks...but we are going ahead anyway...going to make a deposit later le.

yah will be going for the bows...

Hihi,

Any idea which hotel have release their 2009 Wedding Banquet pricing? Emailed a number of hotels 2 months back and most hotel have yet to release them. Anyone manage to get the quote from any hotels?

Thanks a millon
happy.gif

piggylover

Hi Winnie, me to send out email to afew venue to request for the pkg of 2009. last 2 wk just resend the request to them & most of them had already reply their pkg. u may resend ur request to them again to check if they had release their pkg.

yah! i love the room. We're getting the EDB room cos we're expecting only 30 pple. We viewed the straits room too but was WAY too big. Now need to find the BS
happy.gif

krystal80

HI winnie, some hotels have released some haven't. What u can do is ask them if they dun have 09 package for their 2008 one so at least u have a rough gauge...(better than nothing) also u can ask when will it be released and when can u make your bookings...Meanwhile can view the ballrooms and stuff so it helps u make ur decision too =)

Piggy, now I having wedding lunch (which was actually the original plan) so I not so stress with venues liao (I better not speak too soon...haha)

U how leh?

andain

Hey pringirl,

We don't intend to consult any fengshui master, just go with the flow :p

As for venue, we have decided to hold the banquet at Grand Shanghai.

chubby_ting

Flyingpig,

I settle my AD Venue & BS liao... hehe more KS than u.... so heng ah find someone same AD day as me man haha....

I am left with AD PG & VG liao.... then wanna prepare AD schedule.... hehe KS hor hehe....

But prepare early then don need headache ah... when u planning do ur PS ah?

pringirl

congrats michelle! mine will be either 27 or 28 nov 09. have u shortlisted any venues yet?

hihi angeline! wow grand shanghai is very nice! they got jazz singers as well to spice up the ambience! =)

xiaozhunic

Hihi,

Congrats to all!

Shining Hoshi and flyingpig...ur are having ur AD on 16th Jan 09? I was supposed to have mine on tat date too coz tat date is real gd. Wat my MIL told me is if we take tat date, we will have gd fortune for 10 yrs!

However, after much discussion, we land up with 3rd Jan 09 instead.

BTW..To all...have ur started prepare anything besides booking the wedding dinner??

piggylover

andrea, so u r planning for wedding lunch? confirm ur venue already ma?

i will b meeting up with OCC tml to discuss & see their ballroom. hopfully can settle it asap ba. hehehe ;P

tikkles, i had email u the details of Long shifu. let me knw if u hav any problem receiving it okie? dont worry so much abt the planning okie?

chuababy

thanks pringirl, you too! (btw, I just changed my displayed name from michelle to chuababy)

for venue, what we have in mind is marriot
(cos recommended by fren) or four seasons...but we are still exploring.

you? any venues and BS in mind? I am still researching for more info on BS.