(2009) Brides of year 2009

xherlee

Evelyn > thanks! Have received the file. =)

I'm planning to look for resale in Jurong west area.. Near my in-laws.. for staying with them for the time being. So haven actively searching.

Nat> I love the east too!! Grew up as an eastsider.. Now still an eastsider.. but gg to stay west side for the rest of my life soon.. sadz.

Any of you staying with in-laws??

flowie

Hi Wanting,
I love the first combination too... (",)V

Hi Lorraine,

you still have time... relax ya... but a diff of 100 cards is really a lot... do you have a lot of unexpected invitation to send(^.^)?

alternatively... ask if your BS is able to print some postcard kinda invitation card for you... so tat at the same time you can help them advertise... some are will to do it... or DIY using 4R wedding pic given by BS as the backing... then print ur own wording of invitation and paste on the other side... in a way it's a DIY postcard oso... \(^.^)/

watcatwants

Hi everyone, does anyone know where I can go to make a wedding monogram press? I have my wedding monogram design & but I to make a mold so that I can press the design on cards, paper napkins etc ...

tksl

christal, the last time i went bkk, i found many wedding stuff at chinatown.. one part of the street is full of wedding stuff. maybe u can go there and ask around.

jojo11

freegoer, ya i know burst my budget... hehe
but i say worst come to worst ma... can afford it but dont wanna spend that much... but if i cant find one hotel i'm comfortable and too worried as i'm jus goin by pictures n ppl's reviews.. might as well choose the best n then dont need to worry too much..

but then i called four seasons yesterday.. the lady abit arrogant.. cos i was asking when she emails the packages if can attach the pictures of the two different ballrooms tat i'm looking at.. n she wasnt accomodating and abit like wat and act like a big deal.. and all.. i told her i'm living overseas and so i need to see pictures and cannot go to the ballroom.. other hotels would send me pictures n be very nice to me.. or if cannot then explain nicely la.. so donno y she so arrogant.. dont wan customer ah..

so thinking mayb the worst one should be raffles.. hahahaa

jojo

chillykangaroo

wow wow wow!!!
izit too kiasu to bk JP now? Mar onli leh, ladies. i think mine should b ok la, fr d list onli 1, sooo shouldn't b popular date la (heng ah)

>Hippy & Piggylover : Mayb we'll bump into each other @ bkk leh.. sooo excited
happy.gif

> Suzanna : thx so much! but hor.. last yr i went there, my HTB.. or rather we lost our way! hopefully this x he can remember d correct way then i no need to walk for many many st

have u gals change BKK $? now rate no gd leh, onli S$1 to BHT$23.02, aiyo.. last yr got BHT$24.50 leh *faint*

wondering how much then is enough leh.. u gals know de la, wedding stuffs not cheap too then hor, it'll make u buy more & more & can't stop. wahahaha :p

jolli_hop

hi hi,
Am wondering if anyone has any good and affordable photographers? Just sorted out my BS so now moving onto the photography =)

What do you gals think of getting guests to sign on polaroid pictures? Thought it will be quite nice and personal touch. SIgh but parents think it will be a logistic nightmare... so wondering if i should stil go ahead with it =(

piggylover

hippy & christal, wow.. so qiao. hehe.. im gg to BKK on 28 to 31 Mar.
happy.gif

i chg thai baht le, got it @ 23.03. last yr rate sure diff alot de, aft tat big big issue @ their airport.
sad.gif

suzanna, really thanks alot for ur info. shd drop by to shop ard.
happy.gif

saggiegirl

jojo> wah how come the hotel coordinator like that de.... hmmm i thot their service level quite good.... :S

hippy, piggylover, christal> wah u all go BKK and shopping
happy.gif
hee hee....so envy... so u got bring extra luggage bag to store all the goodies...haha... but hw come exchange rate become big issue at airport???

lettingo

hey gals... i had just done one Coffee Table book for my ROM photos, i done with AlbumStories

Now waiting for Delivery of my book
so happy!

tksl

i frequent bkk mah, so i know my way around. u can ask the hotel staff to write the name of chinatown. i think its pronounced as yao-wa-rat.

hmm, im going BKK too. but in june. haha. as a post-ROM honeymoon.

im trying my luck at the ROM website now. load so damn slow. sigh...

jennyd

hi blum,
i helped my fren do that for her wedding, it was a fantastic idea! but she only had 60 guests and it was already quite difficult to get everyone to sign and a little chaotic 'cos some took longer than others. so i recommend you do it only if you think you have enough polaroid cameras, enough "stations" and enough helpers. or if you have a small number of guests.

wanting

no.1
966928.jpg

no.2
966929.jpg

no.3
966930.jpg

no.4
966931.jpg

sorry gals, dun mean to spam this page but can pls help to see which one better to be table top pix? realli can't make up my mind.

wildwood

joanne,

who did you speak to from Four Seasons?

My experience with the coordinators are good. Previously when I requested for package information, they were prompt in replying. I am quite surprise to know that they had been treating their potential customers as such.

chillykangaroo

>Saggiegirl: no need to envy. if u want, u can go anyX too. ya, xtra bags r brought
happy.gif
aiyo, it's bcos not long ago BKK pplz protest @ airport then airport close or no close la. then make d tourism no. drop & drop. then changing rate oso drop, alamak **faint**

jolli_hop

ya.. that's the problem. I will be having approximately 400 guests and I think that will be masaively chaotic. ahhaah.. Looks like I may need to look for an alternative =p

How are all the Oct BTBs' preparation coming along? =)

ahockz

hi all BTB,

Like to find out, is it possible to find PG & VG package that less than 1k?

my bridal shop offer free PG service but 36pcs @ $60 which i think too exp. if whole day took ard 600 pic whic amt to 1k++ le.

comatised

Hi Blum,

Am trying to make our AD/Solemnization on 3 Oct as fuzz free as possible, and we're doing ala carte style. Finalized the following:
- Wedding Venue: Conrad
- Wedding Gown: purchased and not changing to evening gown
- MUA: trial in May
- Wedding car: borrow from girlfriend's boss

Still have a few more things to finalize:
- Suit for FH (think we'll be tailoring one)
- Photographer (wondering if I need a videographer)
- Wedding liveband
- Wine
- Kids' goody bag
- Video Montage
- Thank you cards (getting my bro to design)

Ahhhh....thought that I have nothing much to do but realized I've got lots after listing them out!

Hope your planning is goes well!

Good luck to the other BTBs in Oct!
happy.gif

comatised

I forgot to add two important item; finalise honeymoon destination and finding a home for us (in worst case scenario we'll stay with my parents until we get our home)!

Cheers!

cherlinjo

Paid $3988 for my MTM package.

Is urs MTM or OTR? How much is urs?

I think the different outlets have different pricing. Just realised i have a typo in my previous msg. Hehe...

jojo11

hihi..

dono if she's a hotel coordinator or wat ah.. but she answered the phone at the wedding banquet place... dont remember what her name is.. but she's very rude.. her attitude when i was talking to her was very bad...

and i have been calling about 15 hotels already..tat was the worst service..

but she was saying that anything else i jus corespond to the email and the wedding co ordinator would reply... so i dont think she's a wedding co ordinator, mayb jus a clerk or something..

alot of the other hotels ah, even jus traders, they hear me living overseas they are more understanding and try to accomodate or like talk nicely at least.. cos its very hard for to guess wat things are...

and all i ask from each hotel is jus to email me the package and pictures.. nothing more lor.. so i was very shock at the woman's attitude.. sommore the price at fourseasons isnt cheap.. hahaha...

all hotels have been prompt to me in replying for their packages.. but after hearing how that lady talk.. i dont really trust their service..

jojo

jojo11

esp since i would be coresponding via phone or emails as i'm not in singapore.... so i always take first impressions very seriously..

glympse

haha i'm not supposed to be involved in e planning of e gatecrashing tho :p

but i hear that getting the guys to wax their legs is always fun :p

saggiegirl

jojo11> oh dear...that sounds quite bad...especially they r a reputable hotel...poor u... so far which venues u have shortlisted??
happy.gif

christal> ya lor...the messy situation at BKK...affected a lot of travellers...

suzanna> hee hee...we had our post ROM honeymoon in Bintan during V-day this year...just a short getaway lor...and relax...

cherie81

christal, piggylover and swthippy> I going bangkok too!!! But in May. Hope you girls can update me on where to get nice wedding stuffs.
happy.gif

lorrainec

i like the first one too.

btw my restaurant is able to print for me at 60cents per card. so i got them to print an extra 100 pcs for mi.

well i have alot of overseas relatives which will not be coming however still have to send to them as in to inform like tat lah. also have alot of colleagues to give too even when i know they wont be able to make it. tats why i need so much extra loh.

w33lp

Morning everybody! Morning lalaa!

It was great meeting up with you all last Fri! Sorry I couldn't extend with you all. Hope you all had fun!

lalaa, you got to ask the rest about how the it went. Coz I left after TCC. Hehe.

Btw, I had a great time trying on and selecting the gowns! There were so many fabulous gowns.

Before I went, I wasn’t that excited coz I was worried that I might not find anything which fits me. Surprisingly though, with the exception of a gown which has revealing mid-section that causes my bulging tummy to reveal itself to the world, all the other gowns actually made me look slim. Some even made me look tall. And I am surprised that I can fit into a cheongsam and actually look good in it!

I am too excited now. Can’t wait for the photoshoot on Wed.

lettingo

Vallous
the layouts provided by them is not bad..... quite nice
But my ROM photos are not nice leh
because that time too budget, so we ask friends to use normal digital camera to take...
many photos overexpose or underexpose, then too dark, and I myself also dun pose well
HAHAHHA

anyway suan le.. budget mah HAHA

zzzz

morning!!

so happy for u, elyse! excited for u... me still have to wait so long for my PS..
sad.gif
enjoy ur PS!

me also left ard 11+ that day... need to ask noknok and aroh hehe...

lalaa_27

elyse.. dats great for u!
happy.gif
maybe i shouldnt try too hard exercising too.. anywae im gettin lazy oredi.. haha.. hopefully my BS has nice slimmin gowns too! :p

so Gal & elyse.. how was dinner? where did the rest go after?

jazel

Mine is $2888, OTR. Maybe I got a cheaper package coz have friend referral.

Going to view my photos this sunday!
Today going Chinatown to shop for my GDL stuff.

w33lp

Gal,
Thanks! I can't wait for Wed now.

You have more time to prepare for your PS leh.
happy.gif

So noknok and aroh stayed late ah? Do you think they got hangover till today? LOL

They haven't posted anything yet.