(2009) Brides of year 2009

chubby_ting

Karine,

Not really ah... coz 2009 for most hotels are not open yet. So you still have to wait till 2008. Unless you are talking about mine AD in Jan 09. Some hotels/restaurant they allow bookings till Mar 09. So no a prob if I book now. In 2008, alot of things may have change namely wedding themes, wedding favours, price, perks etc. So I think you can start sourcing in Mid 08 shoud be fine.Coz if you start sourcing now by then things have change then you may like other venues more then if you were to change troublesome ma when you place a deposit liao.. So.. no hurry ah girl. You got ample time!

cuddly_miumiu

woh, was surprised to see 2009 thread here.

hi, fat_fat_79. such a coincidence! I also planned my AD to be on 7/3/2009.
happy.gif

msbean

is it too early to source or book a hotel package ? as my AD on Jan 2009 . I heard from other forums Year 2008 Nov and DEc is very hot and some ever fully book

Currently I have 2008 quote will the price increase in 2008?

worry bean

chubby_ting

Hi Bean,

My AD is also in Jan 2009 ah & I havent booked venue as well. Most hotels haven release the 2009 Pricelist thus we cant make any bookings if you happen to choose those. However, there are also Hotels that open their bookings to Mar 2009. Then you can start bookings with them. You have to see which hotel you have shortlisted. So far as I know, Holiday Inn Park View, Grand Copthrone have open their bookings to Mar 2009.So you got to check with the hotels that you've shortlisted DOnt worry. We still have ample time.When is your AD?

msbean

steady go luck heehee my AD properly is 1st or 2nd week of Jan 2009 ma .

My fren scare me la say Dec 2008 hotel booked almost full

shice

hmm.. i do heard that Nov and Dec 08 hotels are very hot leh.. try not to proscrastinate too long.. venue is the most important thing on the list.. the rest can worry later..

fat_fat_79

Hi Angeline

I have went to several of BS to look around. The diff between mtm and otr is just 200. 500 is really alot le. Most of the BS will offer you packages with just OTR. but you can always to ask the BS to get you 1mtm and 1 otr at the same price. Come to think of it, most of the BS will offer you the same package. The only diff is your 'bagaining' skill lo. :)
I planning to stay with my PIL for the first 6 months to see how things will turn out as my FH is the only child in the family. Have to respect his parent lo. :-(

Hi Miumiu

Wow! So surprise! Did you choose this date yourself? Got do your research already?? Hotel? BS? Im so excited to have found someone also planning for their AD on 7/3/2009. :)

cuddly_miumiu

fat_fat_79: I did not choose the date myself. I consulted a fengshui master, then he gave me a no. of dates to choose from. Initially I planned my AD by end of next year, but in order not to clash with my sis so I pushed my date to early 2009.

Yup, think I m quite kiasu... hehe, I have been researching since early this year le. I alrdy signed up a bridal package early this year... now researching for wedding dinner venue.
happy.gif

My choices are quite limited coz I plan to haf min 20 tables, so more or less shortlisted a couple of places le. So now on my own pace visiting hotels or waiting for them to release 09 pricelists n bookings lor. Btw I haf signed up for the Grand Plaza Park Royal wedding show next mth.

chubby_ting

Hi Bean!

So our AD is v close then... haha you dont have any confirmed date ma? Then how you go booked your Banquet leh? Most hotels would want a confirmed date so that they can check for you the availability ah....

Dont worry man! Slowly find slowly see... anyway only some hotels are open for 2009 bookings.

fat_fat_79

Hi Miumiu

You are so lucky! You still have a few dates to choose from. I cant even say no to this date. 'sigh'

BTW, which BS have you sign up with?? Do you mind sharing your package with me??

Grand Plaza Park Royal is quite nice. My sister also have her ROM there too. It is always good to sign up during the Hotel's wedding show. I have already sign up with Holiday Inn Park View during their wedding show 3 weeks ago( very KS of me. hehe!) The addition perk is quite good. And the co-ordinator there is so good that she offer me more than I can bagain for. My sugguestion is that you make appointment with some of the hotel that you interested in and look around at the venue first. Once you have decided on the place, you wait for their wedding show to sign up. In that way you will have more perks and save more. The only worry you might have is that the date you wanted is unavaliable.

chubby_ting

Oic.... You havent go to the Shifu la... But the thing is if in Jan dont have the date that suit u 2 then u have to change to other month liao ah.... Hopefully you would still be a Jan Bride!

Gd luck man!

msbean

chubby is it better to have a 3mth diff for wedding date ?? as my fren say if my date is within 3 mth she cant come .

I ask my mum she say fren nvm one la , only bro and sis try not to crush

msbean

haiz , master say I cant marry on Dec - Aug , only Sept - Nov . same as 2009 so I have to get marry on Nov 2008 else hv to wait one more year

chubby_ting

Oic...... Umm as for fren I think some are pan tang they dont go for fren's wedding if they fall within 3months of their AD.

If reli hve to hve ur AD during that period then no choice ah....Sometimes thing turn out the way we didnt least expected. Then you have to go booked your Banquet liao ah....

cuddly_miumiu

hi fatfat79,

I am wif Bridal Concept which I signed up during wedding fair. Didn't do much research b4 I signed up so din not haf much options. haha.. Sorry, its kindof inconvenient to share my pkg...

If u r looking for a BS now, mayb u can read up bridal magz to take a look at the wedding gowns different bridal shops offer. Den u can shortlist to compare the prices & things that offer.

fat_fat_79

Hi Miumiu

Its Ok. I think that most BS offers the almost the same package. I have went to several BS to look at the package they offer. So more or less know which BS to go to.

So all your goowns are MTM ot OTR?? When do you need to go over to the BS to choose your gowns?

cuddly_miumiu

hi fatfat79,

how was ur weekend? my gowns r OTR... trying to save some $. If take MTM for WG & EG, think will need to spend bout $500 - $600 more. I think choosing of gowns won't be so early... mayb 6-8 months before AD. Since my AD is so far away... I will inform my BS on my AD only after I booked my wedding dinner venue.

If u dun really haf a budget on ur BS, personally I think Sophia wedding has really nice gowns but I dunno bout their pricing.
happy.gif
Just seen a few couples using dat bridal shop have had nice gowns.

So did u take up the crystal ballroom of HIPV?

fat_fat_79

Hi Miumiu

I have been to Sophia and Milan too. Totally agree with you as their gowns are really very nice. I also been to Wedding Present. Also have very beautiful gowns. But their price is really very expensive. About 1000 to 1500 more expensive than the rest of the BS. Still thinking.

Yap! I will be getting their crystal ballroom. Have you been their ballroom too?? They recently have this black table setting which is very nice. But I dont think i can take Black as I dont think my MIL will like it.

babychew

Hi fatfat79

You searching for BS now right? u got go blumesh bridal at bali lane? i think the wedding package r mtm gowns. Can go see if u r looking for mtm gowns.I plan to go down one of these days. I yet chose a BS also.

cuddly_miumiu

fatfat79,

I only shortlisted HIPV but have not view the hotel yet.
happy.gif
Intercontinental Hotel also haf black table setting. Don't think I will use this colour for my dinner as black is considered inauspicous colour for the elderly.

Searching for dinner venue is a real headache for me! How fortunate for your dat your's alrdy settled.

fat_fat_79

Hi Angeline

Have you been to Blimesh Bridal before? Is the service good? I was very worry about BS service. Got alot of Bad BS feedback. Still looking for BS want to be very sure before signing up for 1.

Hi miumiu

To me, althought the venue is nothing great, but the perk offered to me is what I wanted so I booked it before the hotel increased the price. I agree that searching for a dinner venue is a headache. Firstly, you have to think if you want a hotel or resturant. Resturant is good if you have a tight budget. but you have to worry about the bridal room, the helper room, the wedding favours and etc. Whereas Hotel you dont have to worry much but the price is more expensive compare to resturant. It really all depends on your budget. I also have been to Intercontinental to view the venue. Very classy place.

Have fun searching!!

babychew

Hi fatfat79

I yet go blumesh. Nearest mrt is bugis. i plan to go one of these days. :p
u just need to let the designer + the owner, Her name is Corinna, know wat kind of design u like and she will design for u.

Cheers

chubby_ting

Some PG tag along VG also ah... so myb you can se those VG which you like and see whether they got VG that tag along?

Shice, when you booking VG & PG? You think its too early 2 book now?

shice

i book my PG le.. same one as my ROM one..
happy.gif

my PG got recommend 2 VG, of which only 1 we find it quite ok.. seen a few more.. but some rather high end like 2k plus.. however i'm quite impressed..

My budget probably lies below 2k (includes video express). Any recommendations?

shice

btw if BS, i start looking ard next yr March.. is it too late?? abit busy with my reno stuffs now..

~sblbee~

shice,
u can try to chk out hilo production...not bad, a few of my frens got him n recommended him to me. it's $1350 for their most expensive package...price shd b increasing again these few days, it includes montage, video express n summary of wedding
happy.gif
hope it helps!

shice

i've seen him n his works.. dun quite like him.. haha.. seen better ones.. hmm.. u seen him? somehow i dun feel comfortable with him..

got other recommendations?

At the moment, shortlisted forest productions, mirage pictures, visio works... quite good and price reasonable.. the best is "1st Steps Wedding".. but as theirs quite ala crate, so rather ex (ard 2k+)..

~sblbee~

oh, visio workz...i've called chris, working with her on my magazine style album...their package is rather cheap...many BTBs oso used them
happy.gif

wat abt snapxot? i've met christopher tay frm hilo...

shice

ic.. that's great.. their works are quite good.. just that we dun get to meet up with the videographer that we will be assigned to.. so that's why not very "convinced".. heh..

snapxot? hmm.. i'll go find out more.. thanks!

btw u took visio workz for ur pg and vg together or wat?

~sblbee~

hmm...actually i havent met up wif visioworkz to view their works, only called up n chris...there's a bride on my multiply who used them though :p
no problem, no i was initially interested in their magazine style coffee bk...perhaps i shd find out more, it seems gd frm how u described them :p thks!

fat_fat_79

Hi Angeline

Have you been to blumesh yet?? How is the services?? I think I still have some time so still looking around.

babychew

Hi fatfat79

I might be going over to my bridal room this weekend. My friend feedback said not bad. somemore she said their gowns quite nice n updated design . also got big size gowns for big gals.
Hey u plan to go any fitness club to workout n slim down? i go california fitness bugis club. i hope to slim down ard 10kg.Can help u get the best promotion rate.. if u interested. do PM me if u interested.

cheers.

fat_fat_79

Hi Angeline

I have already been to My Bridal Room as my sister have her ROM gown done there. Ppl there are not very pushy. They even ask me to think carefully b4 signing up their package. Give a lot of ideas and even allow you to try their gown b4 you decide. My Bridal Room is my top choice but since the time is still early. I wanted to look around. Call b4 you go down as worry that they might be very pack during weekends. Your friend also signed her package there??

I really need to slim down. But I'm always very lazy to go to fitness club. And also dont like to go alone.:p. Although I go blading and cycling every weekend, I still that fat so I dont think fitness class can help me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

sweet_candice

Dear All Jan Brides,

I am new here.

Candice:
AD Date: 8 Jan 2009
BS: not looking yet
PG: not looking yet
VG: not looking yet
AD Venue: deciding between Orchard Parade & M hotel.

Both hotels accept Jan 09 bookings.

Cheers!

sweet_candice

Some say that when there is a good event just before CNY, it can bring luck for the new year. As tong shu is out for the rat year, you can select a date for Jan, which is december in the lunar calender.

A lot of hotels like holiday inn, swissotel group, traders, m, orchard parade park hotel etc have send me their wedding packages and willing to commit their 08 rates.

My opinon is Jan 09 is just 1 month away from 2008. If hotel management is so rigid not to open for January booking, their service and flexibility is limited.

I have very bad experience from york hotel, Jacky Liu. He has been telling me that their 09 package is not out yet, unwilling to commit 08 rates and put me on hold for 3 weeks, kept tellng me that he will get management approval etc etc. He being a senior banquet manager, cannot even approve or get management approval, this shows how efficient he or the management be......

shice

Candice, I agree with you. That time, Swissotel The Stamford is very relunctant to give us 2008 pricing, and insist that we wait for 2009 pricing to be out then can book.

Anyway I went to GCW and got 2008 rates. =)

sweet_candice

Shice,

GCW has got a fantastic ballroom, better than swisstotel stamford. I heard that their food is not up to standard. Good deal for you to commit GCW 08 prices cos there should be a 20 % increase every year.

Anyway, not alot of brides getting married in Jan 09 cos near to CNY, which is 26 Jan. It is their loss not to commit.

Kekekeke

shice

yup.. their grand ballroom is nice.. heh.. regarding the food, previous posts on GCW's food is quite good.. but lately it seems that their standard is going down..

have you confirmed which hotel? Orchard Parade seems a better choice though.. =)

sweet_candice

i am waiting for their Orchard Parade wedding show in Nov to conifrm. They are giving 1 complimentary table for every 15 tables. Their ballroom is quite small, suitable for intimate wedding.

Maybe you can print the thread regarding GCW's food and show it to their coordinator. Perhaps, they can try to improve....

chubby_ting

Hi Candice!

Welcome welcome!!!!! OPH is quite gd in terms of food and it quite worth it also... I shortlisted that as well.. But our tables that we want would b blocked by the pillars and their march-in is short too... so we decided to give it a miss...

Good luck for their wedding show in Nov!