(2008) Brides of year 2008

jolene428

keke... the master who helped me choose the date and the woman at the shop, told us we can do ourselves..

if not hw to find good fortune woman? keke...

ehhhh must stick on mirrors??? i dont have mirror oso... one in my wardrobe is those hide away type so i didnt stick :p

why must stick the xi at the mirror ah?

hahaha good good then we got 4 pax for MJ liao :p haha..

jo_vin: dont worry!!! all will good weather!!!

lilacbliss07

jo_vin.. dun need paste on all mirrors le.. u can paste anywhere u like.. keke.. but must 1 sticker at the mirror, 1 at the door...

ya can an chuang urself le.. keke.. den my GDL shop also say muz put a pair of da yuan and xiao yuan at each corner of the bed.. jz leave it there forever.. keke...

ya pray for all couples to have good weather... keke we nov brides quite lucky huh.. hehee...

so good u all going for honeymoon.. mine is end Mar... hehe nvm very fast one.. left 4 mths.. keke...

lilacbliss07

hehe i still finding le.. dat time i do one is $200 lor.. for 1 jab 3 areas.. coz dat time i go dat clinic no longer having the jab.. so finding other places le.. but its quite a nightmare and torture.. coz of the procedures... =P dunno whether i dare to do it again or not.. hahaha...

lsntyl

Nelle>hugs. my condolences.
sad.gif

BTW, I like your red EG.

florabliss>thanks for the contact.

rayrachel

YL> wah...really ah?? go where de?? how much?? ooh.. next week we going OCC 2 nite stay. hehehe...
Couple retreat..
happy.gif

Free compensation from the BQ issue.. haha.. nothing fantastic though....

kellyduffy

hee.. so many in the east and north east.. cool.. we can meet at town also.. easier for all..
happy.gif

yup, jo_vin and all brides having their AD soon, weather so far so good , you gals will be lucky too..

jane and sleepy gal: yea.. time pass very fast de.. now i still learning to getting used to living at bedok..

I saw the pics my sisters and friends took for us during the AD and banquet. Also see the express highlight done by the VG. So looking forward to see the ones taken by the PG. :D

gingerbread_gal

Nelle,
so sorry to hear abt your mum...my deepest condolences to u and your family.
Stay strong....
and I'm happy for you that your husband has been taking charge of things
happy.gif

btw, he looked really red in the photo! did he have a bad hangover? u looked so lovely in your red EG.

necrosis

dear nelle,
our prayers will continue to be with you and your family....really sorry for your loss, but the silver lining is your mom is finally resting in peace after seeing her daughter married off.

vivaliciousviv

<font color="ff0000">OMG..i juz watched REC...it's really a horror movie but must watch .. =D --- US's version QUARANTINE is the same replica comin out soon or already release bt the Spanish version is really AMAZING..</font>

jo_vin

Jolene, haha.. Ok, then we shall do it ourselves then. Then ask my mum to place the tray. Btw, after An Chuang we cannot sleep on the bed, but still can go into the room right? Can sleep on the floor right?

Jane, ya lor, i noticed all had good weather. So good. Hehe.. Ok, got it! Aiya, my honeymoon later than urs leh. Mine in Apr!! Faintz.. N stil must separated w hubby after AD also.. So sad..

U make the procedure sound very scary leh.. So how was it done? Actually i no need to do la, bt just curious cos it sound like so scary.

Thanks Kelly! Really hope weather will be perfect for my AD!

lsntyl

rach>prob blink wax. haven't decided yet. see how. good that OCC gave you some compensation in the end. Got give you any vouchers?

Viv>I don't like horror movies. :p

nelle

Thanks girls.
happy.gif

Jac, he didn't have a hangover, just that he practically sleep instantly once he lay down on the bed, with those clothes on! Yeah, so much for any romantic notions... hahaha...

jolene428

wahahaha... blanqq offered her house for MJ!!! Yeahhhhh!!!

jo_vin: yeahhh! Mine that day oso good weather! Dont worry lah, sure okay one
happy.gif
Just remember to ask Ti Gong to tou-long tou-long can liao ^^

yeahh! remember to put the da yuan and xiao yuan at the 4 corners :p I kiasu.. put 2X$1 coin also ^^ hehe...hope i tio Big 4D soon :p Within 1 mth still got chance lah.. funi thg is, we dont buy de lor! Maybe shld buy abit abit hor...

kelly: yeahh! If we want go feast together we can meet at town or high tea on weekends :p keke or we can steamboat somewhere!

jo_vin: dont be sad lah, u got us ur hao jie mei after ur AD mahh..time will fly v fast de ^^ Hee...

I abit frustrated nw coz my tour agency still nv tell me my tour grp cfm or nt coz tt time left 2 empty slot
sad.gif
maybe end up i cant go
sad.gif

jolene428

thanks ahhh...

keke actually another frustration is the uncertainty in my job...

coz in contract work mah so worried will be chopped next year..

and hor after my AD, i suddenly feel v stress tt i got 3 families to feed nw... my parents, my inlaws and my future home... it becomes unrealistic to be in a contract work... even more so if i planning for a baby in yrs to come..

happinessbliss

YL< u go already let me know the feedback ok? hehehe....

Viv < got english subtitles? cos hor some movies only got chinese subtitle and my chinese... I'm slowly returning it to my teacher liao.... kekeke....

baobei123

Jolene

thks.... wow ur hse at punggol completed only 2012 where u take i also took punggol..

yap.. jio vin

i pray for urs will be fine too... mayb u try to go bugis pray.. my AD PG still joke tat if we send e-mail to www.tikong.com haha..

wow.. meet up.. i also staying at north east line...

sylmc

dodolet - My emcee script is only in Chinese leh. English one was a very very simple one. I think I have it somewhere. Let me go and dig it out.

strawbsc

rach > prevention..keekee..I have been taking contraceptive pills..wahh...for at least 9 yrs..since my poly days.I have my own gyne dat has been with me for 10years.every yr I will go to her and consult her with my women's prob lor..keekee..She did tell me to stop if I wan to have kids and keep asking me whether I wan to have kids.I take con pills becoz' of my skin.at 1st it was to control my hormones level but I didn't have to courage to stop eating.I have been contemplating whether to stop,have discuss with my hb but so far,we dun wan any accidents.It is too scary leh lah..Like Viv says..not financially stable.

which resort did ur fren stayed in maldives ah??keekee..my hb int..

YL > yeapz..I oso can do surveys can email me oso..I aldy in union liao..

yah,so nice,do u noe why your fren stayed dun mind me asking?coz' we are doing "market survey" where to stay liao....when I saw the pics of maldives..I realised wasted.shod have gone maldives instead of bali...ok lah..I think I enjoyed my whole HM ..(^-^)

Viv > Yah..we plan to go conrad/hilton at maldives.Hopefully we can save enough to go there before it sinks~~wahhaahaa~~I think my hb is addicted to the pool and the water liao..keekee~

yah..financially still need to be abit more stable lah.But the earlier u have kids,the better it is lor.U can relax earlier (financially) then ur peers when ur kids are grown up.

My HB and I dun have any plans at all for bb.When kids grow up,and u want to do things u wanted to do~it will be tough lor..imagine in ur 50s and u wan to wear a bikini to enjoy the sun on the beach abit out of the way lor..so we rather enjoy now.keekee...different ways of mind set lor.

spoiltbabe > wah...missed the promo??!?wasted leh..When I saw the pics of maldives,I was like...ai yah..bali was nothing leh...
my hb and saw one of the resorts we liked.It will be almost the same cost as going to bvlgari resort we went.It became out GOAL in making more money...we are planning to go 1 yr from now lor.

lilacbliss07

Jo_vin... ya after an chuang cant slp on the bed and only u and hubby can enter the room.. hehe ya can slp on the floor..

aiya 1 mth diff also very fast one le.. keke... mine is end Mar to early apr ma.. keke...

the procedures i got post before ma.. 1st is have to put the ice on the area to numb it.. very torturing.. den after dat the doc will inject into the area multiple times.. so dat one is mind torturing.. den i dun dare to see jz close my eyes.. haha...

jolene hse ready only in 2012?? i wanted to take the punggol one initially.. but end up my amk appt come earlier so i took amk in the end.. keke...

btw i heard my fren say there's a condo in punggol built by HDB one.. only 200k+ for 4 room... u all heard of it??

lsntyl

clare>intro you le. anyone else interested?

btw, can intro your gynae? Now, I need to find one. Didn't have one previously.

happiness>will definitely give FR if I do go next week. But I haven't called to book yet. :p

jolene428

Jane: ARGHHHHHHHHH got such thing meh? If soooo cheap i wana take oso lor... I think not condo lehh.. if I am not wrong, maybe its a new DBSS project... privatised pricing like AMK tt one... Or maybe its a new EC? but tot no more EC liao?

yvonne: yeha lor... on paper said Aug 2012.. consider fast liao.. maybe by end 2011 can be ready ba ^^ Like tt hor, must give birth before mid 2011.. haha like rushing like tt! SO funni...

My development is Punggol Lodge... yvonne urs is the treetop is it???

wooo..so many E and NE ppl! Shiok!!!

i was worried i gg to be staying in some ulu area and away frm the humanity!!! :p

jolene428

jo_vin: my HB didnt slp on the bed after our An Chuang but his fren had to enter the room to help him with the burning of CDs and etc so no choice lahhh... haiyohh..if unavoidable oso bo bian...

yvonne: i like ur part on www.tikong.com leh! kakaka... my mother said hor, must pray to tikong in the morning and pray for no rain... coz there was heavy rain after 1pm (i reached rasa at 1pm) and she prayed to tikong and ask him to tou-long coz i having outdoor cocktail mah and somemore if rain v not convenient for guests who are taking the chartered bus and public transport to rasa... Then hor, at 5pm it stopped raining.

Tell u hor, its like miracle.. i started makeup at abt 4pm then i faced the hotel balcony mah.. so i can see the sky turn dark by 4.30pm and felt like crying manz... then suddenly 5pm... the dark clouds all blown away... wooo... so must believe ahh.. but if u not buddhist or taoist then pray to God lor ^^ Shld work the same
happy.gif

rommy

Hi everyone...

Back le... no internet connection at new place and have been really busy cleaning my new house so that it is really for my actual day.

Wedding is finally over and now busy packing for honeymoon this weekend.

By the way, for those who have yet to purchase red wines... I do have 26 bottles of cornerstone french wine left and am selling them at $450 for all 26 bottles. Self-collection at aljunied area. For those interested, do email me at [email protected] before this saturday.

happinessbliss

Strawclare< i think i also have the same problem as u. I use to use contraceptives to control my hormones too. But i uses patches instead as the oral contraceptives has some side effects for me... i uses th patch for abt 3 yrs... it is suppose to stop after 6 months but i decide to con't to use as birth control.. then when my AD draws near I had a discussion with hubby and decide to stop using it. So far I have stop using for 1 year liao... i stop after I ROM last yr...
happy.gif

YL < My gynae is in Ang mo kio... Don't know it its convenient for you anot?I have been with her since i was in my teens cos of my very irregular and painful mense... If u are interested I can give u the contact if not maybe the rest of the gals can help...
happy.gif

vivaliciousviv

<font color="ff0000">REC (spanish) does have english Subtitles. my man n i watched it last night n it was an interesting n really scares u off...Low budget but well made, in comparison to those Stupid Horror shows like Saw, ...tt only shw u gruesome murder, etc,intestines, etc...this movie is so much more in depth n the ending...is... =(</font>

eunicet

meimei: I'm from Trinity Christian Centre, but holding it at the church I grew up at, Calvary Baptist Church... =)

SotongLet: Mine is also about there, but hor, don't you think it's like super long?!?! I think I'm only going to have 2 worship songs...Will probably select myself...Yours is tall order lorr...All bao ga liao! =P Heh!!

baobei123

Jolene

yap I applied for treelodge.. punggol lodge quite near leh.. going to be close neighbour soon...

Hi Jio vin
ya lor.. better pray ba...

esther_c

hello mine is New creation.no church building yet.so my solemnising will be at the Lawn of my hotel.
pretty similar to sotonglet church programme.

has confirmed with us there will be 3 worship songs and 1 "special" during holy communion.

everything should end max length 45 min according to Pastor.can't take too long coz partly not all guests are christians.

Cheers

~sblbee~

nelle,
u look so stunning n gorgeous in ur gowns....i nearly couldnt recognise u
happy.gif
do take care n keep in touch....we shd organise a gathering after all our dec brides' AD r over :p

flora_bliss

nelle> You look gorgeous in red!

meiling> I'll be on half day leave on every wed, thur and fri starting from next week onwards and then I'm officially off from 15 Dec. I can actually meet for tea, if anyone is keen.

eunicet

meimei: I also having guests who are not Christians...But the schedule that I have (which is also similar to both of yours) seems so long after I assign 5 or 10 min to each one! Then in the end, add up to an hour and a half lor!! Siao! Hahaha!!

pinky81

Wow.. you gals can already start to plan for a meeting up already. I think I will miss out a lot as my wedding is on next wed and followed by my honeymoon soon after that. oh dear!

I went for my fitting today. Glad that I can fit all the gown nicely! No need to tighten and no need to loosen it. I think I am the only bride out there who din get to diet.

Jolene, did you do live feed for your dinner at rasa sentosa? Did you engage any buses? Any idea how long do the buses wait at the waiting area?

jo_vin

Wah blanqq so nice of u! Offer room for mj. Haha.. Its ok, can come my house play also. Cos i am smoker, then not nice to go ur house ma. Hehe.. At least i can smoke in my house. Haha.. Next time then we arrange one. After my AD and after u all come back from honeymoon!

Jolene, i think u should be able to go la. Only short of 2 person should be quite easy to hit the target. Dont think too much first ba.

Jane, wah! Inject multiple times. Really sound quite scary. R u sure got condo in punggol coming up? But cant be only 200k la. 200k is damn cheap for condo leh. Where she heard the news from? If really have i also want leh..

Hey rommie, congrats!! Enjoy ur honeymoon and we see u soon!!

Pinky81, mine is one day after urs!! On thurs! Haha.. Excited alrdy now right? How are all ur preps? More or less done? I am alrdy starting to feel anxious liao. Last night kept thinking abt it and abit lose slp. Wonder how to sleep on the night before. Haha..

ivycsh78

stress...my album may not be on time
sad.gif

buffet for both side i haven book yet too and not yet decide on who too...sighz...suddenly like so many tings.........

koyoyo

hihi,
Nelle be strong. that the way ur mama want u to be and stay happy. I like ur wedding gown more seem that your back view is so gorgeous and sexy..
Florabliss,
So your cs.. They are very pretty and cheap made me feel like flying off to shanghai to tailor made. like the black n dark green one..
Sotonglet,
If u dun mind an extra detail AD plan, pm me i passed u mine.

koyoyo

hi annabella,
I dun remember my airline but my departure date is 29 coming back on 3rd what places will u be going. Have u got all the winter wear yet??

nelle

yes, Mei, we should organise one meetup for next year where everyone's wedding is over already.

Time pass very fast. We are just left with a few Nov/Dec brides.

sylmc

Ivy - follow up with your BS closely. Dun lose faith, you MUST think positively!

I've used Rasel for my sis's buffet lunch in Jul this year and all guest rave about the great food! Their lunch menu ranges from $12 - $15. You can go online to check their menu. http://www.rasel.com.sg/ If you are keen, I can hook you up with the contact person. Quote my name and you can enjoy perks
happy.gif

fionachua83

nelle, my condolences to u. Ur red evening gown is very gorgeous.

I think i am the next one and also the first one in dec izzit? sian la still got some invitation card haven mail out still got alot of thing not done tat day one of my jiemeis tell me she got to work cannot come to help me then no choice i got to find another replacement lucky another friend can make it. Nw got to find a mcee to speak on stage. So many things not done and i got to attend class on mon and wed from 7-10pm last min company send me go.

~sblbee~

florabliss,
sounds great but i guz only i only have nxt fri b4 i fly off for my honeymoon....if anyone is keen, let me know too....i shd b ok on 28 nov
happy.gif

nelle,
how times flies....it's going to b our 5th gathering rite? wah....we used to b btbs n more n more have bcome brides liao....we shd really organise a gathering b4 we 4get one another
sad.gif

hi gals,
if u all need any resources, juz let us know cos im sure we'll b glad to share our stuff wif u gals
happy.gif

dodolet

Jol, I also booked rasel for my church recept!!!! just that we haven get down to settling what is in the menu and the cost... Can tell me what are your perks so I can haggle with ms E.

Ivy, which bs or photographer u have taken ur pic from? For family buffet, can try neo gardens.

Eunice, I am stretching it abit longer for sanity sake, but Most of the stuff shold be less den 5min except for opening worship, exhortation, the i do part and solemnisation.. My 3-4 songs are for the whole event. May be 2 open 1 close or 3 open 1 close. prayers, benediction and scripture reading can just put 1min inuff. Candle lighting and communion together should be like 5mins max also bah.

Few things we got from friends and some are advise from moi pastor.
1)Choose a short, easy to understand scripture passage (he choose soo.. ^^)
2)If the memory is bad, just repeat after the pastor or have the vows written somewhere visable to us and just read from there.
3)Choose easy to follow songs (that i have to agree.. Some of the songs my friends had chosen, as a worship team member i find it challenging liao)
4)write all the thank you scripts or whatever we need to say out before the wedding starts.
5)hands off and let the ic take care of everything and just enjoy the day.

kayjay

hi~ will like to share my diy corsages with u all~ I need some comments, find them abit too small~ I thought of doing with pearls or beads instead. The pic abit low resolution.

834421.jpg
834422.jpg