(2008) Brides of year 2008

lost_in_space

Jane/Jolene.. my photographer developed abt 200 photos for me.. but I just sent the 1k photos to develop.. but not developing 1k lah.. just a few hundreds.. then need to do the photo album
happy.gif
so much things to be done after wedding.. meet up friends to pass them the photos..

dodolet

Okie.. 1 more week to december.. And show time for all of us.. LOL.

So how's the prep for you gals? Hope it is almost 77 88. ^^.

lsntyl

happiness>I stay in east so AMK a bit far leh. thanks though!
happy.gif

clare>katong clinic for women is in katong? :p can ask roughly how much she charge per consultation? TIA!
happy.gif

keer13

Hi ladies.. I'm back... FYI.. My wedding will carry on as per normal.. Yipee.. My dad has a superb speedy recovery and now I'm trying to rush out everything on time...

There's something that I need some comments on gowns.. Yes, gowns, at this 13th hour.. Haha..

I'm kinda of still debating if I should go for a ball gown or a mermaid sexy low back gown. For me, I desired a ball gown as it's like you will only get to wear it once after all.. Feel like a princess... But, on the other hand, a sexy dress also looks great, the mermaid cut accentutates your figures well with the low cut back.. Wow.. Gorgeous too.. I really can't decide.. Ladies, help!!!

jolene428

white beetle! So cute wor!!!

bay: i use citibank signature.. heard got x2 the points for priemiermiles but come to thk of it like not useful oso if i wana take budget airlines wor
sad.gif

duno if everyday card got gd rebates for banquet? anyone here knws?

tanlee!!!!! welcome back~!!! heehee.. had fun? tell us abt ur trip :D

ohhh yaa, my honeymoon at last been cfm... wana chopped the tour agency if they still give me excuses.. nw can start buying toiletries etc for the trip liao... my poor HB still struggling with his last paper while i in holiday mood :p hehe..

jo_vin: will edit the size and upload into multiply today ^^

lost: ohh i oso thinking of developing for my frens and relatives but so many hw to develop? Abit confused lor... heehee...u only develop the photos at each table or all photos with their faces?

necrosis

keer
is it a wedding gown or evening gown you're talking abt?
let the WG be a ballgown and the EG be the sexy mermaid low back.

and yes, i've FINALLY e-filed for ROM.
sigh.

racht

keer.. hope this helps.

BALL GOWN / FULL SKIRT is the most traditional style of skirt for the bride who is after a classic elegant look. The skirt's appearance can vary depending on the fabric used and the range from structured and heavy looking to soft and light. This type of skirt is often combined with a fitted bodice and natural or dropped wasitline, suiting a wide range of figures, especially those with curves.

Recommended for full figured, pear shaped, and slim brides.

May be considered for brides who are petite or have a hour glass figure.

MERMAID styles flares out at the bottom. This type of skirt is quite often bias cut (i.e. cut on the diagonal). Great for brides wanting to accentuate their curvaceous figures.

Recommended for brides with a figure that they want to show off.

Not recommended for brides who are petite, thick or short waisted, or have an inverted pear shaped body type.

lost_in_space

jolene, what i do is.. for my mum's friends/my friends and colleagues.. i develop the table photos.. for jiemeis and close relatives i develop all photos with their faces..

keer13

Hi Nec - It's for my selection of EG.. Agree that if I have a ballgown for WG, a mermaid will fit fine for the EG. But, what happen is that my WG is a just a small "pong pong" gown. Not the full "pong pong" kind.. So, thought wanted to have a really huge ballgown just to have that princessy feel..

Hi Racht - Thanks for the information.. Classic & elegant seems to be what I'm looking for but I don't mind also having a cut that accentuate my figure.. Haha.. Ohh.. Why is it just so hard to choose? Hee..

dodolet

Get both loh.. ask them can or not.. try ur luck bah. Can do 1 for 2nd march in and 1 for saying good bye.. LOL...

I would choose something I look super good and sexy in though, but still pleasing to my parents and inlaws.

selena

Bay: Found out from DBS website that they have double pts for wedding banquet above $15k. Have to complete a form after ur wedding dinner. U might want to consider.. estimate can redeem abt $400 voucher leh...

My AD is 30 Nov too
happy.gif
Seems like a hot date. Jolene's cousin Xiao Kai's also rite?

pinjie8275

Hi keer, glad to hear the good news from u... =) I just selected my gowns last yesterday too. My MTM is supposed to be dark purple but came out to be striking dark blue. But overall, still acceptable lar... As for the WG, I just selected a piece which my bf, bro and sis said is nice... But now I think of it, is really not my ideal type leh...

Btw, I have posted my MTM gown in my multiply.

pinjie8275

Hi ladies,

I seems to be a bit lost le... Dunno what to do at this point of time leh... How? I m like hanging no where leh... yet I feel that there seems to be lotsa things undone....

Parents are doing the table arrangement stuffs.

kayjay

pin, I guess everyone feels like that at this stage! Im feeling kind of lost too! But with a checklist will help! And theres still few weeks to your big day! when there is still time, there is still hope! Not like ur big day is tomorrow right? relax ya!!!!

pinjie8275

Hi ladies

I need HELP! Initially we planned to have our solemnisation after the first march in. But now my solemniser suggest me to have it before. He did highlighted a few issues to me if I proceed with my plan. He said it would be very messy and people will be late hence delay my solemnisation.

Now I need to bring my solemnisation ceremony to before my guest arrive. Can anyone share with me the emcee speech for solemnisation ceremony? Is there any march in for this ceremony?

lilacbliss07

hihi jo_vin... ya lor jz relax and enjoy.. keke.. ya in the end i decide to do it myself.. actually very easy one... jz change the hair accesory and necklace.. its a total diff look le.. only u need someone to help u change the hair accessory.. as for makeup.. at most the MUA jz do some touch up only.. they wun change the whole makeup one.. actually even if change also no one will notice the makeup.. more on the overall look le.. keke...

lost.. icic.. my package is they will develop 300pcs for me.. den the rest i develop myself lor.. keke hopefully it will be nice.. coz i smile until my mouth stiff... =(

sylmc

pin&jie8275 - agree with kayjay. A checklist really helps. Ticking the completed activities is quite therapeutic as well. Yes, you will still have your march in
happy.gif

Can try something like this for the emcee script

'Dear family and friends, we are gathered today to witness the celebration of love of XXX and XXX. This is a day where their dreams come true with love and more. Today they will begin the rest of their lives together and forever as husband and wife. Without further ado, let us shower our blessings upon XXX and XXX as they take their steps as a start to a journey of a lifetime full of love and fun.’
-> Make your entrance

You are making the entrance with your HTB, right?

lynnqi

Hi Jolene and jo_vin:
had a fun honeymoon, package tour to eastern europe. Its then when you learn to appreciate chinese food. hehe. Got so sick of eating Pork cutlet for most of the lunch/dinner. Haha

Beautiful countries, churches, ruins... Pity the weather was colder than expected, with strong winds.

pinjie8275

Hi Jol

I have a checklist but I m just lost when things start changing suddenly...

Thanks for ur suggestion on the script! Really really helps! But do we march in first then invite the JP and witness?

sylmc

pin&jie8275 - Your JP should be there waiting for you. So your emcee can introduce the JP when you reach him at the end of your march in. Witness can be annouced later when they are required. JP will give the indication.

I often did emcee for my friends so off hand, quickly think of these. I've never done solemnization in chinese woah. I see what I can do. Do you have NJ Star? But I need a bit of time.

sylmc

Just to share, I've attended 2 solemnizations; one is before the first march in and one, after the first march in. The impact for the latter (which is your original plan) is better coz you have a grander march in and most of your guests are there already.

If you choose to have a solemnization before your march in, there are some concerns that you need to weigh carefully
- How early do you want to do it? Before/during the cocktail? If it is during cocktail, the registration team must be on duty already, meaning that your best friends might have to miss your ceremony.
- Who do you wish to involve? You would also have to inform these guests separately. This group of guests will have to linger around your wedding venue longer so older relatives might not find it entertaining

pinjie8275

Hi Jol

Wow!!! Can you share with me ur scripts!

Initially my plan and invitation card stated cocktail at 6.30pm, solemnisation at 7.30pm and dinner commence at 8pm.

But my JP said not advisable to wait for majority to arrive else maybe by 8.30pm also cannot starts. Hence he suggest having it at 7.30pm sharp at the VIP room (beside my ballroom) regardless the level of attendees.

He said just emphasis on family members and close friends. The rest ignore....

dodolet

Pin, I agree with JP. No need everyone to attend the solemnisation. Those who wanna come and see to ur solemnisation will make it a point to come at 7:30. No point waiting for those who geylek slowly and show face at 8:30.

Anyway there are stuff to consider in ur checklist like (ok these are just afew i can only think off hand.)

1) events/item IC, ie who is incharge or JM, ap box money, car driving, time keeper, co-ordinator, liasing to vendors, ap giving, etc....

2) rsvp of guest list names. Last min there will be lotsa changes. Your parents may arrange the tables, but they won't be able to help you to keep track of whether ur guests received ur invites and stuff.

3)AD sequence of events

4)Meeting up with the hotel to settle favours, non standard food items like veg and muslim guests. Going through the dinner events and when to do what, if have something different from norm. Oh yeah.. check for audio and video quality and projection locations.

5)Songs selections

6)Re-confirm and go through the schedules with ur mua, pg and vg.

7)if paying via Credit card, must ask for limited extension.

8)break into the wedding shoes, like putting extra padding etc.

eunicet

Wahhh...The thread is moving quickly, guess it's cos December is just around the corner!! And quite glad mine is end Dec, so still got some time...But you ladies, some of you are getting hitched in a couple of weeks?? Exciting exciting!!

Keer, glad to hear the great news!! Thank God!! Wooohoo!! Really glad...Now may the rest of the wedding prep go really smoothly and may you choose a nice pretty gown for your special day!

SotongLet: Yeah, am intending to edit those I see online... :p Haha...And thanks for the little list you provided!! =)

baylee

Thanks Selena...Hmm guess will use DBS Card then
happy.gif
Seems like its the Best Promo ard for Banquet. Thank U

Hee...Glad that 30th Nov is a Hot date..enjoy yourself Brides :D

eunicet

Hey gals, just wondering...Anyone know where I can get bubbles to blow during the march-in??
happy.gif
Just suddenly feel like having bubbles...HEHE!

eunicet

Simplerjer: WOWW!! 11 days!!! So exciting indeed!! Hope everything is almost all prepared and that it'll be smooth going all the way!

Anyway, I was looking more for those little bottles of bubbles for church wedding kind...Have you seen them? Some are small white bottles with doves on the top, or butterflies...
happy.gif

providencia

Nelle, sorry to hear about your mom, you are one strong lady, glad that you have moved on. Stay strong.. you look gorgeous in the red dress, the hair also nice.
happy.gif

Jac, tks for remembering me, yeah, it's finally over, life can finally return back to normal.
happy.gif

MeiLing, that's a lot of bags that you have!!!

pinjie8275

Hi sotonglet

Thanks for your advice! But how do I organise the solemnisation in another room? What is required? Short emcee speech, march in song? I need help on the sequence...

Is it the same as the grand march in that will be held in the ballroom later?

jolene428

bay: dont worry ger, every wedding day is a HOT date ^^ hee...tts why we choose those dates wat ^^ Mine was so Hot that many of my frens didnt come coz they need to attend other weddings/Roms...

jfaith: wow! Another 30th November bride! Congrats!!!

tanlee: pork cutlet?!! So many pigs in eastern europe?? Which countries did u visit? I think eastern europe is less touristy rite? in a way more nature and beautiful ^^

jane: keke...I also smile until sniff!!! i was browsing my Ad photos and editting and i thk all the expressions look the same!!! HAhaa...

dodolet

Pin, no prob. The list is only a small subset i can think off hand. There is a whole list of item in my check list that I cannot remember 1/2 of it.

If u wanna do a solemnisation in another room, first call your hotel co-ord and ask him/her for advise. The time line, the sitting arrangement, the extra deco (free or must pay) etc.

Short emcee is good to announce the start of procession, but may no need to have a march in song and may not be a grand 1, just have ur dad to walk you in without any flower gal, bride's maid etc. I think you can approach ur hotel co-ord or ur jp for the sequence. They are doing them in a regular basis, they will be able to advise more.

Eunice, I am hoping to borrow a bubble maker from one of my church mate for the church part too.. ^^". My list here only part past 6. got so much more items to take care of also.

sylmc

Eunice - I also bought bubbles for the kids to play. But these are small colorful bottles which I bought from Tekka Mall. $0.50/bottle.

Sorry can't help you with the white bottles but I can help you ask. There is this shop at Delfi Orchard that sell wedding accessories. I can ask the lady if she has the stock. Btw, Isetan selling bubble gun at $12 and its battery operated plus a $3 big refill. I might get 2 guns. My HTB said he wants to play with one -_-" If I do get the guns, I can lend them to you.

kayjay

Hey gals,
Need your help! My MIL wants me to get brand new set of teaset for my wedding but my mum say its fine to reuse the teaset which was used by my sisters and aunties, she says bring luck. MY MIL wants us to get everything new. Should I get a new set? I also feel that if can save, I wont want to buy a brand new set as we only get to use it once.

sylmc

kayjay - have u tried to explain the reason for using a reused teaset? If you have, my advice is to get a new set. You can use the new teaset for tea ceremony with your in-laws. And at your mum's place, use the one that your mum prefers
happy.gif
both parties happy

dodolet

I need to ask a piggy question.... For the roasted pig, do we get a roasted pig or a roasted suckling pig.
Where can we get from btw? I am having a pig crisis now.. LOL...

kayjay, Jol's idea also not bad, just get a teaset tat cost about 10 to 12 bux or cheaper if can find ah...Some gals have 2 sets of teaset, one for the groom and 1 for the bride..

sylmc

dodolet - Its roast pig! The 'shao rou fan' that you have in the market. Suckling pig is more to eat the skin only. In fact, I just settled the pig issue this morning! I got mine from a vendor in Clementi. He also adviced me what to do with the pig to be returned to my HTB. He will deliver and help me chop up the pig kekeke

Must let them know how big you want the pig to be. A decent big pig costs about $400. You can scout around your market and look for those roast stall and check if they have roast pig. Make sure they roast the pig for you on your wedding morning and not the night before to maintain the freshness!

If you want 'branded' roast pig, check out this supplier
http://www.tiongbahruroastedpig.com.sg/