(2008) Brides of year 2008

sylmc

Eunice - I've seen a bride pasted flower petals to the aisle runner and the effect is really great on photos! she used fabric flowers. It helps to provide some friction. You may run this idea with your florist
happy.gif

meimei - most important AP are the Pin Jin and the Nappy AP. My FIL labelled the Nappy AP as 'Yang Yu Zhi En' AP and made my mum so happy! :D

Sotonglet - Album not ready. Me and Ah Jun still going back and fro with the layout. I want to settle it by this week. Gowns not picked yet. If album cannot get ready on time, its ok *shrug* My HTB oredi created a powerpoint to showcase majority of our photos with inserts introducing the various attractions that we have been to.

Is anyone having their AD on the 1st weekend of Dec like myself? Do you feel the clock ticking away...dun know why, lately I've been thinking more abt the wedding than the last few months *shivers*

summer_ice

esther, on the AD, the 2 angpows that your hubby supposed to bring over is the 'zhu jiao' (pig trotters) and nappy, then your mum supposed to return with 2 angpows to represent cock & hen, and sugarcane
this is for hokkien tradition...

summer_ice

jol, i'm having my AD on 5th Dec which is the first friday of december.. and due to the monday being a public holiday, so many pple cant make it coz they're going overseas..
sad.gif

since oct, nothing else is on my mind other than wedding wedding and wedding... but the past 2 weeks is mainly worrying about the guest list.. the rest of the arrangements are all done and settled.. weird that i dun feel very anxious now leh.. everyone is asking me and my HTB whether we're excited and anxious, but we dun feel very excited leh.. maybe after GDL will feel it? i dunno.. heehee

summer_ice

esther, for GDL, your hubby supposed to come with pin jin (betrothal money)

and your mum supposed to give your hubby a red packet for his next bday, and one red packet for him to buy land..

and also a red packet for each of his family members to buy clothes, shoes or something like that.. but my mum will just give one red packet to represent this..on the back of the AP, she will write the AP supposed to represent what..

xiaojan

ooh no...i'm having mine during the xmas season...i'm hoping that the majority of the guests will not be out of town during the holiday season *fingers crossed*
we are targetting to send out the sms invitations 2 weeks later...so fast we are reaching mid nov soon!!!

esther_c

hey summer:eek:k let me get this summarise:
GDL:eek:nly Pin jin?In return,my fiance will get AP for land,next bday.AP to buy pants and shoes is for my fiance or his parents?

AD:Ang Pao for Nappy,Pig trotters.In return, my fiance get AP representing cock and hen & sugarcane?

what does cock & hen stand for?fertility?and sugarcane stand for?

also is Nappy AP called Li RU?

did i miss out anything?tot i read somewhere Nappy is for GDL?or is it AD?

ermmm

xiaojan : maybe good to send out soon.. My dinner is on 9 dec.. n I sent the 1st round of sms in early Oct.. took abt 3 wks for most of the ppl to reply.. then had to activate reserved list... Now my tables r more or less settled liao..
happy.gif

dodolet

Mine is at christmas week too. we got like 30% of the people planned telling us they are out of town.. But good thing is we had planned for 20% drop from 26 tables and + a small group of reserved dinner list.. So we still have abit of buffer.

I din know GDL so complex... Need to check if bf wanna do all those or not..I think mine will be less complex with no nappy or whatever thing or AP for buying land, clothes and dunno what else is needed.

I have only dis week to wrap up all the outstanding items before my peak project start.. I think i am more sian of doing all these preparation than excited, esp having to juggle problems at work, problems with parents going abit weird on us, arguments with HTB about some weird stuff, getting inuff pple for the wedding and most of all the rollercoaster feeling of losing my singlehood freedom ^^".....(okie. i think this will be more applicable to gals who had enjoyed more of their adult life "single").

Jol, I think they will die die rush out for u 1. Cat told me they never had a late album yet. Better spend some time on getting your gowns too..Esp when you will be photographed the MOST that day (at least 3/4 of the fotos will have u in it..LOL)

mei mei, I have the album book for showing. I also have a wav file done to be played in church while we are signing the marriage cert. Some of the photos I had photopshoped to look more like a drawing or cartoon or a pen sketch to interlace with the original PS photos.

baobei123

OK ..Jolene thks..
my GDL tml....

hope my actual day will turn out to be great too.. and also for the rest of the BTB..

wow gathering sound fun...

summer_ice

hello esther,

my mum told me the nappy is to come on AD only, not on GDL..

from wad i rmb, GDL is only the Pin jin
your HTB will get AP for land,next bday.
AP to buy pants and shoes is for his parents and siblings and grandparents (if they still ard)

AD: Ang Pao for Nappy and Pig trotters.
In return, your mum will give them back AP representing cock and hen & sugarcane.

cock & hen is the olden times whereby the cock and hen the 'mei-po' is supposed to throw them under your new bed, see whether the cock or the hen runs out first, whichever runs out first will be the gender of your first child.. sugarcane is for your husband to 'jie jie sheng guan' coz sugarcane is 'yi jie yi jie'

Nappy AP called Li Ru, this one i not sure, i need to go back and find the AP and see the wordings on it first..

stay

yvonne: the love declaration should be written by ur hubby isnt it? i dunno leh... or maybe the bride has to write for him to read plus sign??

baobei123

hmm.. cos gate crushing very limted time so I am doing it and he need to tumbprint + read...

juz asking if any of u did the love declaration

stay

thumbprint? power man! i oso should do it! heehee!! i wanna do the love declaration too! think it will be good to list down all the things i want and dun want him to do. hehe!

baobei123

hey Jio vin..

so sorry i miss ur msg... yaya my wedding tis sun.. clear a few liao.. trying my best to rush out ... now I so blur leh.. yaya... look forward gathering...

ok leh.. not feel so.. mayb the day b4 ba...

Hi stay

haha... tumbprint cant run away... funny also.. sign he can anyhow sign..
care to share wat u think of???

stay

heehee... im thinking of a few points like making him promise to:
- Will not switch channels during advertisements ( i cannot stand that)
- Will watch korea dramas with me at least once a wk for 2 whole hours
- Will buy me at least a card for all occasions and write at least half a page with font size 8

Im still thinking of what i dun like about him and what i want him to do. im sure u have things that u cannot stand oso? make him promise not to do it! heehee!

jolene428

yoyo!

ehh i called my love declaration = ten commandments :D

heehee... he read and sign
happy.gif
heehee... anyway its for fun de ^^ and i didnt make him promise anythg unreasonable.. its all to do with ever lasting, attention , affection, acceptance, appreciation, kiss me every morning before he goes to work... love me forever even if i become 200 pounds... still continue to walk me down ECP when we are old...hlp me do hsework, hlp me take care of the baby... etc lor
happy.gif
all the mushy thgs :p haha..

but i got a fren, v fierce.. her 10 commandments got thgs like:
1. give her 20% of his yrly bonus (his bonus is 3-6mths one lor)
2. wash toilet for her once a week
3. give her ___% of his salary as hsehold allowance

but i dun like to tok aloud abt money on wedding day ahaha.. coz r/s cannot be measured by $$$.

jolene428

keke.. frankly hor... u already accept his proposal meaning u shld have accept him for who he is liao mah..

if he changes liao then he is no longer himself ^^ love is abt acceptance
happy.gif

i rem my solemniser told us to remember the 3 As always... Accept each other as who they are. Shower him and her with unlimited attention. Appreciate him or her for every little thg each other do...

baobei123

hmmm ... I personally feel not very nice... those r small little things la.. i am doing more on love declaration.. he declar his love for me...

love me all his heart and soul 24 hrs * 7 days for his rest of his life...

will sound more sweet then make him promise wat u cant stand...

wat u think.... aft he did his tumbprint my parent still need to sign as witness ... haha...

baobei123

I, xxxx, husband of xxxx declare myself to be her best husband in her life. I will take you to be my only lawful wife, to have and to hold from this day onward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish. I am willingly to agree and accept the following 10 commandments, sealed with my tumbprints in the presence of your parent.

Rule 1) I promise to let you have your own freedom even after marriage.

Rule 2) I will helps to minimise your burden in sharing all the household chores.

Rule 3) I will always discuss all the dicussion making with you.

Rule 4) I will love and respect all your loved one as the way I love and respect you.

Rule 5) I will always protect you.

Rule 6) I will always listen, encourage and comfort you whenever you are down.

Rule 7) I will make sure that my shoulder will alway be there for you whenever you are sad.

Rule 8) I will always be there whenever you need me.

Rule 9) I will do my utmost best to give you all the happiness.

Rule 10) I promise to love you with all my heart and soul 24 hours x 7 days for the rest of my life.

my love declaration... anything can be improve...

jolene428

yvonne: i agree with u oso lor
happy.gif

it's more impt to declare hw he will love you than to promise nt to do certain thgs ^^

keke yeahh! i go hm dig my 10 commandments then post for ya to see ^^

i thk it takes a man greater effort to declare their love to u openly esp in front of his frens. esp so if he is always seen as v man or cool...

stay

agree with jolene: shdnt talk about money. watsmore,it will be showed during the banquet, u wouldnt want ur PILs to think u are money grabber rite.

happinessbliss

Green < Oh dear, i know it is a huge headache when there is a change in guest list. Can you strike an agreement with the hotel... like maybe u still stick to 21 tables (as minimum requirement)... but tell yr coordinator u will only have confirm 18 tables... then the rest of 3 tables see if u can go back and consume another day? I'm not sure if it is workable but no harm trying....
happy.gif
I hope everything will work out....

Viv < I must do my brazilian wax regularly too.... can't stand it "hairy"... kekekeke.... cos too use to "clan clean" feel.... wahahaha... I did mine a few days b4 my AD... i was quite lucky, my mense came a week b4 my AD so hence am able to still get married with the "clean" feel...kekek...

jo_vin

Jolene, my hubby is a professional drummer. Hehe... N he's in this line for quite long le. So no stage fright for him. Okie! Will try to upload as much videos as possible after my AD. Hope the files wont be too big..

Icic.. But mine both also WG. So if wear yellow gold with it will be very obiang lor.. Haiz.. See how on that day ba. But i think most prob i wont be wearing ba.

Stay, thanks for the advice. I think i will just put the yuan on one of the plank lor. Hope it wouldnt drop. But should be quite stable la.
Actually the SDJ is given by my hubby ah ma. His mother not involved in most of the things cos since young, my hubby is taken care of by his ah ma one. But seriously, i dont want to wear the yellow gold with my WG leh.. Really very obiang ah!!

Jolene, u really very got heart. Do so many things still wan to send Thank you cards. U are a very sweet gal.. Hehe..

jolene428

lol... u very cute leh jo_vin ^^

heehee.. maybe next time my fren wedding i can intro to those lobangs mah :p heehee...

woooooo.. professional drummer!! WOW !!! he played for any big singers before mahh?? WoW!!! no wonder he flies ard so much and so busy!!! Sure got fit fit arms!!!

ahhh, both oso WG? wahhhhhh... thn realli abit obiang :p keke...urs full gold de ah? be got white plated for some parts of the SDJ :p so can wear out and not obiang :p

oh ya, i forgot to reply oso... pengz! paiseh jo_vin! I think u can just put at the 4 corners of underneath the bed on the planks... just make sure it stays there during the An Chuang.. after tt it can disappear under the bed oso can
happy.gif

jo_vin

Jane!! U're back!! Congrats!!! So happy to c u so happy too! Haha.. Oh ya, n i rem clearly u had a wonderful weather on ur AD!! It was sunny for the whole day! Bet u were so happy abt that too right? So how's the feeling now that it's over? Will u think that it's over too quickly? So how r u staying over at ur hubby plc now? Everything ok? Ur MIL ok now?

Wah.. so nice.. U got free upgrade to presidential suite. I wonder if mine will have also. Haha..

Kelly, congrats to u again! Very fast will be sat!!! Pray everything will be perfect for u on the day!!

Jolene, u really lobang queen! Haha.. Im thinking of buying my MTM WG n selling it later. What do u gals think? Then if i manage to sell, can u pass me ur tailor contact? Does she do alterations for WG? Thanks babe!

Yvonne, i thought u alrdy have the love declaration in ur Multiply? Can use thumbprint, good idea. I also have a love declaration. But only require hubby to sign.

Stay, ur idea of the love declaration is very cute lor. One look and ppl will know u think of them urself de. Haha.. " Will buy me at least a card for all occasions and write at least half a page with font size 8". LOL!!

Mine is just those very common ones. Like love me forever la, care for me la, give me attention 24 x 7 la. All those very general ones. Alrdy did liao. But cannot say too much. Later hubby log in also can c. Ssssshhh...

Jolene, wah, who is ur solemnizer? So nice, still share with u the three 'A's..

Ya, go home upload ur love declaration n let us c too!

jo_vin

Jolene, haha.. Ya, my hubby got play for big artists b4. Like William So, Tai Zhen Siao, n some i cannot rem. Hahahaha.. But only small scale la. Not those concerts yet. If concert then good lo.. Then i can stay home kiao kah liao. But not yet leh. Hahaha..

Yup, mine is full gold lor. U saw in my multiply rite? So will be very obiang!!! N im quite sure i dont want to wear it.

Okie! Will do that. Thanks!

jolene428

keke... jo_vin: yah lor! i see all gold sia... kim kim! haha but also worth more mah :p my SDJ act. v cheap leh... haha the gold my mum gave me more ex than my SDJ! sshhshhhh :p but then i like my SDJ more coz the one my mum gave me too kim liao, cfm wont wear out or else feel v obiang and v unsafe :p hohoho...

wooooo.. aiyohh, slowly slowly he will play for concert one! does he play for freelance assignments? if yes, then i can take it as another lobang liao :p heehee...wow..can play with my boyband somemore :p

can can, when u need the tailor, i pass u both the tailors contact i got ^^ wahhh why u buying? is it expensive to buy ur WG??

keke.. my solemniser is Dr Phua. I got his contacts from my fren who had his ROM in the zoo! I think the solemniser is v gd coz he v humourous and multi-lingual.. he wil explain in hokkien to the parents even! But he oso talk alot lah so the solemnisation is min 30min unlike the usual 10min LOLZ but i think longer better or else like not meaningful ^^

I oso got another solemniser to recommend if ur frens need :p heehee..i thk i can be wedding planner liao :p

jo_vin

LOL.. Ya lor. u really can be wedding planner liao. Can do as sideline. Haha..

Yup, my hubby sometimes do take up freelance assignments. Haha. ya, another lobang for u.

I will have to pay another $500 to buy the gown lor. So still thinking if i should buy or not. But quite worried later cannot sell then how? But then again, i not very willing to give the gown to my BS..

Wah.. ur solemnizer really sounds very nice. Still can explain in hokkien. Haha.. I'm engaging Mr. Chan Kai Yau to be my solemnizer.

jolene428

ohhhh.. actually like quite cheap lehhh to pay $500 to buy the gown...

hw come u dun wan to give ur BS? ehhh hmm but i m nt sure if ppl wan buy a used WG oso... hmmmmm... must think thr wor
happy.gif

keke... yaa... i thk i will offer my frens to organise all their weddings ^^ If do as sidelines will be sooo tiring lor keke...

gd lah! i got one more lobang!!! ^^ Yeahhh...

esther_c

ok summer if u can tell me the "sound" of each meaning w b great coz all my AP r jumbled up!tx u so much.

so far our invites r almost done?wat's next gers?
r u gers having ur tea ceremony n solemnising n banquet in 1 day like me?

hav u gers also confirm details eg favors etc w ur hotels?venue?n ur bridal boutiques?

im getting more excited nw becoz seems like we dun have much time left.

simplejer

hi summer_ice

same we do have the same AD date 5 dec 2008..its like less than 25 days left n the clock is clicking away..this weekend going to buy GDL stuff...

Mei mei: i'm like u too..have 3-in-1 in a day..
my restuarant oni have 1 type of favours to choose fr..

the times realli flies..still left with 25 more days..haha..now left with my diy guest bk haven done yet..hee..

eunicet

SotongLet: The runner is actually THE AISLE itself...Then what will make it look really nice is cos it's white so adds to the dramatic effect, then will scatter flower petals at the side... :p What is the budget you are working with for your deco?

Simplejer: When is your AD? I lazy to go check the list lah...Hehe...But for those whose weddings are early Dec, it really is a month away!! WOW! So exciting!! And you think anti-slip sole will help ah. Hmm, maybe I should try...

Jol: Paste flowers onto the runner? Was the runner white also? Don't know what type of material I should get. Cos I may not want to use this florist...Then was thinking maybe can get the cloth myself!! HAHA!

Wow, all of the talk about GDL is like overwhelming...So many things hor! :p

jo_vin

Haha.. Jolene, the gown cost more than that la.. Just that if i want to buy, have to pay additional $500. So thinking whether should i spend extra or not.. Haiz..

Ya ya, got one more lobang. But hubby in Macau now. So wont be able to take up any assignments.. Hehe..

Where are the rest? So quiet today..

vivaliciousviv

~~happiness&amp;Bliss
<font color="ff6000">liew....u so "heng" sial...
i also...initialy un really keen on the ALL off there...then felt it's cleaner &amp; felt nice so signed up packages and go regularly lo, haaa....thot it might makes the night more "wild" but apparently not le...LOL

=X</font>

euanterence

hi gals..congrats to those who have walked dwn the aisle!
and those who are like me awaiting for the day, press on and hope everything turns out well.
Am still doing things slowly..nt sure abt u gals.. just finished GDL but the rest like montage, meeting the JM to discuss abt the gatecrashing, hse cleaning, ang bao box (1/2 done) still nt completed..really procrastinating.. actually am looking forward to the hols rather than the wedding..am i sane? lol

happinessbliss

Viv < hahahah.... all off more wild?... hmmmm....but my hubby prefers it all off... heng ar... I knw some guys don't like there all bare cos of pantang.... where do u go for yr brazilian wax?

simplejer

hi eunice

my AD is on 5 dec..still hav 25 more days to go..when is yr AD?

regards the anti-slip it might help abit..at least u noe u are safe enough to walk onto the runner..

my GDL will be simple...by groom: 2 red wines,long feng candles,oranges,pin jin,cakes,comb..though i'm cantonese i still get my 4 dian jin fr my in-laws..hee

hapimint

Mine is on the first sunday of dec... 7th... like what u ladies said... really alot going overseas...

Then I got some friends kena invited to another wedding also.... on the same day....

haha.... good date? I should choose 7th month....

I just had my GDL last Sat... just a celebration...

Very sian... I have yet to settle all the invites....

My parents and my hubby parents are so much more efficient sending out all the invites already... I super slow lor... haiz....

Planning to do it during this Sunday... After my exams... target to send out all by this sunday... hopefully

dodolet

Eunice, I am self admit salty olive.. LOL.. my budget for church deco is about 300. I was thinking of just getting main altar flowers and 2 side altar and solemnisation table. No recept flowers. Pews will be using organza streamers or ribbons with fake flowers or ribbons...Need to check how much the organza cost. Who is that florist anyway.\

Simpleger got the utube link to see the flower making process???

My corsage
822590.jpg

jolene428

hizzz jo_vin: my 10 commandments:

1. to hlp with at least 50% of the household chores.
2. to bring jolene for overseas hols tt takes at least 3hrs flight at least once a yr.
3. to kiss jolene and say i love u every morning before gg to work and every night before gg to bed.
4. to stroll at ecp and hold her hands even at old age,
5. to accept jolene as who she is no matter wat she becomes in future.
6. to give her attention at all times and go through gd and bad times with her.
7. to appreciate all the big and small thg she does for u.
8. to love jolene forever even if she becomes a 200 pound beauty.
9. to encourage and support her in watever she does.
10. to wake up at night and help to look after the baby after jolene gives birth.