(2008) Brides of year 2008

baylee

Hi charma97,

Wow..the world so small..so means u used to work in UOB too??
I used to work in UOB Call Ctr too..think u are in cards isit? Thats y never liaise with u.

rayrachel

msbean>Mmmm.... quite a lot.. dunno how much u need.. a new packet from Popular. we only use a bit.. so if u are not having alot of invites..should be sufficient?
We dindt wanted to buy initially. my frens gave me some.. but we short of just a bit in the end...and no choice..went to buy... sigh..
now leftovers loh.. if anyone need.. i can pass to u..
happy.gif

jrgal> no la.. not awarded.. i would have been scared to death man.. we were there for 3 hours..then he discharged liaoz..
happy.gif

fanny> i ordering bouquets for mums during thank you speech..
happy.gif

i order from risingstarflora.com.sg
happy.gif

very affordable and negotiable prices.. different from the website prices.. almost 40% cheaper when i went down and talk to them..
giving me free petals for march in to throw also. i told them i need 20 bowls worth of petals. hehe.
happy.gif

yah.. u should pay for ur mums la.. once in a lifetime... must do pretty pretty ma.. ;)

yah... my HB's real brother is opening.. and he's also part of the Xiong Di..so we need to ensure he'll reach his void deck earlier...to open my door..
happy.gif

Ivy> yah.. so in the end u bought what?? hehehe.. :p

YL> was asked that i should be marching in with my hand bouquet during march in. coz its a Holy Matrimony..should have flowers de...
diaoz... coz initially i tot i throw in the morning then no need liaoz.. now i may need one more bouquet.. or take care of it till the nite time... Mmmmmm.....
I wonder if my lilies can last till then!!

Ah Net> huh.... $80 wor.. rent la.. from bridal closet... 3 for $100 nia... haaha.. but simple designs la.. :p

Mine is off white with pink sash.. can be seen in my multiply..
happy.gif

ALL> my final fitting is tmr.. sigh.. looks like... i cant lose weight in time.. else. i just gotta wear loose Gowns on AD.. haha.. unless i go back try again 3 days before.. hehehe..
going to sleep..my fren ROM tmr also..attending their ROM after my final fitting. hehe..exciting.. :p

sadzz

Hi gals

I noticed that a lot of you are still deciding on ur AD pg so thought i shld share some things i have learnt during my very unhappy ps. Not all photographers are like that but unfortunately i met a real crappy one.

1)be wary of photographers who try to be friendly and ask u to treat them like friends - this may means that they can be rude to you, take advantage or take u for granted.

2) Always have things in black and white cos they may change their mind and deny what they say they will deliver.

3) keep the relationship professional and dun be too nice.

The whole experience was very bad though his skills are still ok. His svc is not cheap and it sucks (dun even think there is any svc). He is not who he trying to portray.

A word of caution - just be careful.

chipydale

Hi gals,
Btw, how much do ur MUA charge the makeup + hairdo for any additional ppl ? Like our MIL, Mother, & Sisters ..

And BayLee, when r u goin to view ur photos ??

How many ur top-up on average ?? I'm gona choose mine tonight ... better control hehehe

providencia

msclaire, tks., think i might miss the braces, kinda of like having them on, cos they didn't cause me any trouble, but it's freedom now
happy.gif

Jac, I'm slim ah, not skinny, hee hee. Trying to lose a little bit, so only aiming 1.5kg, don't want to "suffocate" in the gowns. I'll be in Sydney for 9 days. TY hasn't called me yet, and I'm trying not to panic, since I'm leaving in less than 10 days. Hearsay from other pple is that I'll be able to collect the gowns the next time they call, cos he only needs one fitting.. oh well, we'll wait and see..
happy.gif

LSnTYL, thks for recommendation, shall pop by to get a bottle later, desperate desires call for desperate measures
happy.gif

pinjie8275

Hi yuki

Mind to share more info on the PG? So that we can be more wary if he happens to be engaged by 1 of us.

Hi nebear
Previously some brides recommended City Plaza at Tanjong Katong. Got nice nice dresses less than $50/pcs. I have yet to visit. (^_^)

Hi michelle
Sorry to hear that.What happen? U sure this is not a rash decision? Though I donno wat happen, sometimes, it does help to seek professional counselling before making the decision to end it. I can recommend you my counsellor, if u r interested. My email is [email protected].

pinkcupcake

hey baylee, just viewed your pics! Your gowns are very nice too what! nice embroidery and skirt! I think you look glamourous in your EG! striking colour and you can carry it off very very well!
happy.gif

I like the effect of the 'falling' petals! soooo sweet and dreamy...
happy.gif

uk_fung

Hi cacky, guess most of them are busy... hmm coz my GDL is super simple.. so I don't need to go China town buy anything....

I only know China town above the hawker center beside OG, there got 1-2 shop there, then you walk around china town near the wet market side also have a few.. you won't miss it just walk abit ba

waxie24

net> i check online hor.. Calla Lily is in season during sept.. i'll bring them the pic of the hand bouquet i like instead.. car deco.. i jus took the pink one~

rach> the place u order ur bouquets is where? risingstarflora.com.sg not found leh..

charma97

Hi baylee, Yes, i used to work in UOB.. in the cards dept.

Yeah the world is so small.. When I viewing our multiply and saw your hubby.. Find him very familar.. until i saw his name.. LOL..

porsche

yesh...above the hawker centre there are 2 shops.. one called world of fortune (i think)..
got another shop but i forget the name...smaller than this world of fortune...the guy at WOF was quite nice and advise us based on the customs...

but like Mrs Chiew, ours was like super simple so we jus buy what we wan to buy..haha...

there is another one at the shopping centre opp OG...level 2 i think... giving 20% off but not sure how long it last..

dodolet

prov, errr if u have to lose 1.5kg i think i have to lose about 10kg liao T_T. The gowns is to adapt to the body, not the other way roung ah. Since yours is an MTM piece, it is suppose to fit you to the T.

lsntyl, keep us posted with ur gowns fittings ah.. ^^...

lsntyl

Sotonglet> Ohh, went to my CS fitting at M&M yest. FH v disappointed with it. He feels the material is not flattering at all cos the cloth got some horizontal lines that emphasize my pui-ness. :p The lines were more obvious that the swatch we were given previously. Although this is the 3rd fitting, the MTM CS still doesn't sit as well as a OTR CS we tried on near Bugis. Stitching was quite bad and got a lot of excess cloth here and there that he had to point out to the assistant.

Nicola also flew us kite yesterday. Supposed to turn up but in the end, said couldn't make it. End up we were supposed to choose the laces but couldn't cos both her shop assistant and I were blur about where she intended to place the laces. We booked the CS in early May and supposed to collect it in mid July. but now, end Aug le and the CS still like that. FH v disappointed and wanted to go get a CS elsewhere. He said he rather pay for a OTR CS near Bugis eventhough it is much more expensive.

Donno how now. guess have to be patient and hope they can finish it quickly.

dodolet

Lsntyl: oh dear... pat pat pat... I felt M&M services are getting worse and their sewing is bad, so I had actually advised pple against them for other tailors which have better output for the same cost.

NVM give them a deadline and tell them to get it done by this weekend, and make sure to call you in advance if Nicola cannot make it. Else go down at the most popular time like sat afternoon and make lots of noise and complain loudly about the work done.

which OTR shop u are referring to at Bugis? Can try to see some of the CS at city plaza first before making de decision.

lsntyl

Sotonglet>ya. Nicola kept me waiting the whole of Jul. Said will call me when my gown has been cut for my fitting. Near end Jul, I tak boleh tahan, popped by there to look and the shop assistant told me the CS already there for quite long le. When I asked her how come no one call me, she told me Nicola went overseas on holiday... ><

haiz, a bit regret going to them now but it was recommended when I was hunting for CS shops. Din know of any others except Kim in Tampines. The OTR CS shop is actually at Bali Lane. We passed by it one day when we went Arab Street. City Plaza got nice CS? Din see any the last time FH and I visited.

ezvy

Rach> I still stick to Super Padded Cup A, sometimes sales person word cannot be trusted, I still trust the users...

How much u bought the gold string at Popular? Wanted to buy at T&amp;T, but they are bal with the thicker type and the colour funny funny one, so I never buy..

dodolet

lyntyl: u are referring to Zion creations bah.. they are very ex leh. Oh my lace eg is from Kim and both my CS and msclaire's CS from Max couture. I think unless the OTR CS suits u to the T, buying and altering may not be as good as MTM 1. I think now u better go back to the shop and tell them u wan the dress to be fixed by this week and u will be going down on this date this time for lace and if not make hell alot of fuss. Better do this ASAP.

lsntyl

sotonglet>I didn't hear about max couture till recently. otherwise, could have tried them out. Could b Zion creations. Can't remember the name but agree that they are ex. Thinking of going to find the mom at M&amp;M instead of waiting for Nicola...

gingerbread_gal

Hi nebear,
you can try Lovepotions as recommended by Shirlin...
its at Far East plaza...they have OTR dresses as well as MTM ones...but for MTM, there is a min order of 4 pieces of the same design. hope this helps
happy.gif

straylamb

zephrine... yalo... we also payin for the cakes, pig, and sdj ourselves... do u haf e contact or address of e ubi store? $280 sounds not bad... thanks!
happy.gif

rach... yalo medium pig is $388... almost $400... ex... ur MIL soo good... mine hardly tok to mi wan... when i go mi bf house, we will greet each other... tat's about all...

net... mi wearin mi WG for solomisation also... coz after tat will straight away go to ouside ballroom for cocktail so no need to change... juz went to make spectacles... mi degree increased about 100 per eye! mi also haf one box of contact lens haven finish... haa... o mi jm color is green... they decide tis coz they say white n pink very sian...
happy.gif

l still stay w mi parents after weddin coz house not ready... so got no chance to miss home... d: aniway mi mother can't wait to get rid of mi n mi stuff... everydae she nags about when mi house will b ready n when i can move mi stuff out...

viv... mi bro was jm for his frien last time also... hehe... r u goin to change ur accesseries n hairdo for each change of gown? tat will take some time hoh...

fanny... mi mum's usin mi MUA so i'm payin also... must be mei2 mei2 mah... mi mum seldom dress up so must shock mi father a bit... wahaha...

strawbsc

net > take gou qi zi for ur eyes..our bilberry.I always take Gou qi zi with my cereal everyday..My eyesight still as good lor..after my lasik after 5yrs liao..

Rach > jia you!!So excited for u..u are the 1st one in this sept forum leh...Must be mei mei..sleep more,rest more..

viv > dun worry so much abt the rates lah..hmm..actually I never think so much abt the rates when I change $.u will still save abit if u claim VAT when u buy things.just rem to claim cash instead of refund by CC...CC very slow

YL > I oso waering my WG for my ROM...but I have to change to the other 2 EG oso..haiz..coz' I got no actual day..haha..u and me sama sama..no roasted pig oso..Oh yes..u will take the jetstar flt on the same days in sept as my family.U will get to see them.I dun think I will,I will try my staff tickets..need to save a bit and hopefully can get up the plane.

I have been in here so long liao...I just bought a flat in simei so I have so busy with the documents et..looking for reno..etc..and clearing my house for moving..

But we will still meet in Oct right,gals?heehee~~

lsntyl

ohh, congrats on your flat purchase, strawclare! can ask how much and how big it is? FH and I still haven't found a place.
sad.gif

I'm forced to have a roasted pig lah. Although my parents say we don't want any, FMIL insists.

Hee, how will I identify your family? Cannot go up to them to ask if they are your parents rite? :p

miew

Is a roasted pig really necessary? My mom did mention that she wanted one last time.. but changed her mind, cos she says she doesn't know how to cut it up and it's very messy.
since no pig, we were thinking of getting a hamper for my mom, to be given to her when hubby comes to my place in the morning... =)

lsntyl

I think it depends on the family. My side is Hokkein and we don't see the need for it. but FH's side is Cantonese and insists on it.

straylamb

strawclare... urs is a resale? how much izzit n got cov? hee... i kaypoh... =p i will push mi reno to after e weddin coz now mi hands are full
miew... haven see u around... when's ur AD?
happy.gif

miew

yeah, i just joined recently.. =) my AD is 19 sept, just round the corner... we just got our flat too.. resale one.. but the owners just renovated it recently, and its very nice.. so no need to renovate much anymore.. whew!! cos me and my htb are very stubborn, if we have to renovate the whole house, will surely have countless quarrels.. haha =)

lsntyl

congrats on getting your home, miew. FH and I haven't been able to find a place yet.
sad.gif
where will you be staying?

My AD is 2 days after yours.
happy.gif

miew

=) we will stay at my place first until our place is ready for us to move in, which I gather will be around Nov or Dec this year... cos the current owner still have to find a new house..
we bought at whampoa.. which location are you looking at? my friends had a really good agent.. can recommend to you, showed them like 30 houses in 2 weeks... my agent sucks big time.. =(

lsntyl

I saw a lot of places wor. Whampoa? That was one of the locations I was looking at. Don't mind, can ask where u got and how much? Wonder if market is better now. I stopped looking about 1 month ago when FH went for reservist to concentrate on wedding.

lilacbliss07

hey jo_vin.. u mentioned in multiply dat u went to Spotlight to wrap ur own ang bao box? How much it cost u?? So just choose the cloth and design they wrapped for u?

miew

Hi, LSnTYL, do you mind giving me your email address? we can talk about the flat through email =) hehe....

where are you having your AD? I still have so much to do! I have not confirmed my guest list and have not allocated the guests to their respective tables... furthermore, ran into trouble with my videographer cum video montage cum emcee person.... =( so stressed now...

lsntyl

Miew>lsntyl@gmail (dot) com.
happy.gif

My AD is at Peony Jade. More or less confirm guest list le although i think sure got last min shuffles near the end. Wah, hope u can solve ur prob soon. I'm having some probs with my gowns n CS too. hope will turn out ok...

waxie24

a auntie of mine told my mom not to use knife on my AD wor.. i've seen ppl use plates to cut the pig.. wonder if its related...

miew> i havent even do RSVP yet..

lsntyl

har? y cannot use knives. I ask my friends/colleagues to confirm if they can come or not before I issue the cards. :p So those who got the cards are confirmed coming unless they got last min changes lor.

jo_vin

Hi jane, no la.. not go to spotlight to wrap my Ang Bao Box. I only went there to get the cloth which i want. Then ask Idear collection (at Far East Plaza) if they can wrap for me lor. Let me know if u need Idear collection's number!

waxie24

i dunno why cannot also.. jus heard it from my mom (who heard it from an auntie)..

dor> the one i saw is becos the roast pig is very crispy.. use plate to break the skin.. (not during wedding though)

melo_ddy

cacky, the GDL places can be found in the earlier posts if u read them... here they are...

1) moments that last @ people's park complex #02-33
2) fu yuan, 32 new market rd food center #02-1098
3) bliss collection 56 pagoda st
4) amanda dreamweaver 32 new market rd #02-1030

Anyone has any emcee speech, ad plan, guestlist spreadsheet to share?

ahnetsan

rach, i also cant find rising florist leh.

ok thanks waxie, den i guess i will take calla lily. but will go down mrs teo's shop and see see look look.
happy.gif

wah, luckily i dun need roasted pig for wedding. if not, more things to do. i used to hear my auntie say this abt roast pig. the roast pig is meant to let the girls' parents in law to know whether the girl was a virgin when she married the son. apparently, the pig's ear is purposely chipped if the girl's nt a virgin when she married in. den those relatives will see the chipped ear and gossip gossip.

lame right?

babyjj

hi pinky, actualli i chose by the PG, not the BS... we like this PG's work... so decided to engage him for a day..

My AD MUA is included in BS package. MUA can get her frens to do for JM/relatives for $70 each.

Jane i signed my package > 3 yrs ago.. haha.. but luckily that time many things we ask the person to write on the invoice, so now they cant run. but got a couple of things we din write down and they change now =.=.

bay, im going for my 2nd PS in 2 wks time.. =) haven gotten my soft copies yet, waiting to see my layout.. they're taking soooo long.....

zenith

kittyng,

u got a good deal leh.
happy.gif
the other day i checked, pkg price is alreadi $4246. i'm still thinking which country to go..... maybe joining u...
happy.gif