(2008) Brides of year 2008

uk_fung

porsche: totally agree hahaha totally wedding mood wanna get the stuff done :p hahaha

ChEryL: icic~

For me planning to still have the albums show in reception, trying to finish 2 montage one montage of misc pic of us and friends at the reception & ballroom before dinner start... (same montage show 2 place) then.. one is the childhood montage before march in..

don't be unhappy la.. be it banquet / buffet you will still enjoy coz is your big day! Since it is already set as banquet and is already coming.. don't think about why last time what so ever.. will only make yourself upset ma
happy.gif
Anyway old folks still have the thinking that only a sit down dinner is formal & proper enuff to serve guest! er... also face prob ba ... or maybe they feel that's the tradition lor.. whatever it is no pt thinking How they think and Why like that :p Seriously even is buffet style you will still have things to worry about
happy.gif
so.. try to think on the +ve side ba....

Oh Your ROM coming right.. enjoy la.. jia you~

ebride

tks for console. Yap true, watever will happen will eventually happen. Dun wanna to tik too muz liao..my ROM nxt mth 15th, juz a simple one.

bedazzle

Viv,
where did u get your corsages from? how much each? They're v nice. I wanted to make my own corsages, but v lazy leh.

Rach,
Chest pain ah... he's really v stressed out then. Must really hv enough rest... < 2 wks to go b4 your AD.

Ask you all...

When is the roasted pig is supposed to be brought to the bride's house?

Issit

1. When the groom goes and fetch the bride? then bride's mother cut the pig, and return the head and tail when the bride n groom go to the groom's house for tea ceremony. Meaning we only travel: groom fetch bride > go groom's house > go bride's house, then the end.

or

2. When the bride and groom returns to the bride's house for tea ceremony, then return to the groom's house AGAIN to return the pig. In this case it'll be: Groom fetch bride > go groom's house for tea ceremony > return bride's house for tea ceremony > go groom's house AGAIN, then end of ceremony.

I feel option 2 is a waste of time.

waxie24

rach> my FH also chest muscle strained before.. best thing is morning he complain abt chest pain, we took plane to krabi that nite.. i bring him to spa at krabi.. he say feel better after that.. so i think massaging help relax his muscles.. u help ur FH massage la.. hehe

lsntyl

Dor>personally I prefer option 1. But FMIL insist must do option 2. cos the pig is supposed to be sent after the 3 days to symbolise that the bride is virgin and is accepted into the groom's family mah. I oso think v mafan to go back and forth just to return the pig head and leg but wad to do...
sad.gif

dodolet

Lsntyl, actually keeping a meal will make u fatter, as u tend to eat more. Y not have an earlier dinner like at 6pm if you sleep about 11pm. Oh.. try to cut down on carbo except for breakfast and lunch.

Cool, those pple who just taken off the braces will have a shiok time ah.

providencia

LSnTYL, that's my plan too, need to lose 1.5kg, s skipping dinner from now on.

Jac, will be taking the photos in Sydney. Ur hubby will be happy to have his braces off, now feels like got a lot of space in the mouth, it's a strange feeling.. ha ha.

MeiLing and Nelle, no sparking smile, teeth very yellow leh, now trying to see if I can do a quick fix whitening.

Jac and MeiLing, actually very disappointed after fitting, prob multiple factorial: (a) gown is still plain, no embelishment, so cannot see effect, (b) see so many of your pretty pics, so think that my gown pales in comparison, (c) maybe intital expectation is very high, so disappointed lor.. but decided not to wallow in "depression", just going to make the best of it.
happy.gif

nelle

provi, if your teeth is not naturally white, it is like that. See what the dentist can do.
My teeth is not the white white kind, the dentist say so, so I will not be some poster girl for smiling campaign. hahaha....

Don't think so much on the gown. It will be really beautiful because you are the wearer!

~sblbee~

providencia,
same here but when i consulted my dentist on my teeth, i cant do whitening cos i got v thin teeth so gotta stick to d ultra yellowish teeth for d rest of my life
sad.gif

dun worry, im sure d end pdt will turn out well....im glad dat u r a positive gal cos im sure ur positiveness will pay as tan yoong is definitely not gona let u down
happy.gif
it's not d gown dat matters but d bride dat counts, so must keep a positive n happy mind
happy.gif

rayrachel

dor> i think the by right is the option 2.. but i think some people now..just do it option 1 to save time.. u can also arrange for someone to bring it back..
happy.gif

waxie> hahaha... later he said he chest pain coz i not loving again.. hahahahhaa. okok.. i try la.....

All> i got gold string left.. anyone need?? i can give to you... hehee.. abit late to ask.. but yah.. anyone need?? hehehehe...

lsntyl

sotonglet>hee, thanks. I won't be totally starving myself lah. Will still eat proper breakfast and lunch. dinner time hungry maybe drink water or milk or eat fruits lor.

I made appointment to clean teeth le. After that, no more tea so won't stain. My teeth oso not v white. :p

providencia>give it some time lor. My EG now oso v plain but the BS and FH say nice. So I wait and see how it can be jazzed up further.
happy.gif

charma97

Hi Jojo,

My MUA never said leh.. So I sourcing for my own.. Abit angry with my mil also.. That time, i found one MUA for her.. She said no need. now said need.

ahnetsan

rach, must ask ur fh to take care yeah.

one of my jiemeis also married de. better mah, more experienced.
happy.gif
as long as no kids can liao lor. my fh's xiongdis also married, only 3 are single, another 3 married.

thanks viva, for helping to check out the euro rates. ok i shall hang on first.
happy.gif

so good to hear tat u all will miss home after marriage. for me, i wont miss home at all. im in fact glad dat i've moved out to stay with my fh.

ahnetsan

wow viva, u have so many gowns! i will only wear WG from my hse to fh's house, den from his hse back to my parents house, i will change into kua. at night, first march in is WG, den 2nd march in , change into EG. den if got time and im nt lazy, will change into kua for send guests off.

ahnetsan

hmm, i dunno wat's wrong with my eyes. they feel a bit blur like dat. dunno is my eyes are too tired or my degree increased liao. den die, cos i jus bot a box of contact lens. haiz.

headache....

providencia

Hi gals (nelle, MeiLing, LSnTYL), thks for your encouragements, I haven't been thinking much abt the gowns or how i'll look, decided to be "whatever will be will be".
happy.gif

I haven't consulted any dentist, so don't know what kind of teeth I have, keeping my fingers crossed that maybe it can be fixed with a shot of whitening, also going to cut down on caffeine intake, and brushing after every meal (not that this will help), doesn't help that I'm allergic to whitening toothpaste.. if really cannot, never mind, ask the PG to photoshot more.. ha ha.. my poor PG..
happy.gif

uk_fung

hee hee going to promo to Mrs. looo congrats la

so happy that my tour group already got 11pax (10pax to go) as long as there is no one cancel... I will be going Egypt looo so happy

ahnetsan

can anyone advise? should i wear WG for ROM on AD? or shd i buy a rom dress for rom?

fh was saying jus wear WG for ROM too. no need to waste money for another gown for ROM.

any suggestions?

bedazzle

Ah Net,

If your degree increase, you can just bring ur remaining boxes of contact lens back to the optical shop and change to higher degree.

But maybe you just need to rest your eyes more lah.. =)

For me, I'll be wearing the same WG for ROM and first march in. Some pple say there isn't much "wow" effect during the first march in if I wear the WG during my ROM before the dinner starts. But I feel my gown is too nice and expensive to be worn just for 15 min during first march in. Somemore, my ROM is evening time, whereas my march in will be quite "dark", so the effect might be different.

bedazzle

YL, Rach,

Ya, actually all my friends do option 1. But my MIL say cannot, shld do option 2, pig is given during the "hui(2) men (2)".
Maybe will get one of the helpers to send back for us lor. Or else it'll be such a waste of time for us to drive here drive there. So boliao...

lilacbliss07

hi charma97... i have PM u my MUA's contact no.. ya my MUA also told me if she got no time to help my sisters and MIL makeup and hairdo.. she will ask her frens to do it...

btw gals ur MUA charge u how much for makeup and hairdo for sisters/MIL?

pinky81

charma97 (charma97): Why not you just tell her that the contacts that you have are ALL unavailable? So that she can find her own make up artist? If not, get her to walk walk around orchard and get those over the counter/ retail make up services from them. Reason: So that she can find one that is suitable for her. Also, at the same time, you can reduce your workload in the search.

chimes (jazzy_chimes): I will try again. =)

jojo (babyjj): Which bridal shop did you engage for your second photoshoot?

ahnetsan

btw, anyone happen to read the thread abt christine's florist and mrs teo's florist?

dunno y it seems dat christine's customers are posers.

if anyone happen to knw why, can share here?

heard mrs teo's florist is good. but when i went there, it was closed. and it's so near to my house. i may go check it out again, since it's cheaper too.

jrgal

hey ah net,
i got my flowers during rom from mrs teo..she's reali a nice auntie..ha,and she does nice bouquets which are cheap also=p reali satisfied with her service..=p she gave me free rose petals even...if u need her ctc, i have also. she is usually open until late afternoon only..try on saturdays or suns..

jrgal

hey rachel>
is he ok already??was he warded?hrm,must take care and ask him to relax okie?hee..i work in ttsh bt nt on nite shifts..work office hours only..hee.otherwise can go accompany u=p then u nt so sian alone.

happi_bride

hello gals.. the florist is for what purpose? to do hand bouquet, corsages or decor for the ballroom? i intend to order a desk top bouquet to put at my mom and my place on the AD.. to beautify the place, if not like very dull..
mrs teo florist is where? got website or pics to see? got delivery?

cacky

Hmmmmmmmm, seems like no one responded to my question earlier about the Guo Da Li shops. Shall post here again ... wanna ask if any of you know the location of the shops in Chinatown that sell the Guo Da Li stuff? Any recommendations?

happi_bride

rach> mom's makeup very troublesome... they say they do themselves.. but i think engage mua good right? at least more professional/ nicely done better than they do themselves...

gingerbread_gal

prov,
you still need to lose weight??? you are like skinny!! think you look good already! how long will your trip to Sydney be? so when will your final fitting at TY be?
I'm sure your gowns will be fantastic!!

Hmmm, i'm going for teeth whitening in early sept - hope it'll turn out well
happy.gif

nebear

Hi ladies,

Apart from Daniel Yan, can you please share where can I find pretty sisters' dresses or any shop which can tailor made at reasonable price?

ezvy

Rach> I have the same thoughts about kim too.....think she still have many stock for featherlite Nubra, that's why trying to promote now...

crayonv

~~net
<font color="ff0000">AHHH!! i see the rates i damn sianz...</font>

EURO - 2.0950
USD - 1.4180

<blink>i gota Change By next week liao...Liew...Hopefully will drop to 1.3X</blink>

jo_vin

Hi pinky81, ya, now i also realise actually less is more. Cos can see bigger of ur photo. Now mine is like 3-4 photos on both pages. Bt its ok la, so long as its nice can le...

Jane, my MUA charges me $500 for the AD makeup. For morning and nite. Don't think will need her to do makeup for my jie meis.. But i may need her to do 2x of makeup for me in the evening. Cos need to do for solemnization and once more for before banquet. Btw, my hotel provides me with something like a book, with cloth cover. I just uploaded pics into Multiply. Can take a look. Hehe.. Intend to customise it with rhinestones also to make it mine!

lsntyl

I'm wearing my WG for ROM too.

Dor>I agree but FMIL oso insist on option 2. somemore FH say only short detour is ok...

Fanny>my 2 moms oso say the same! But I told them is ok, I book for them, they just show up. So in the end, they say ok.
happy.gif
At least one more thing settled.

Could be right about the featherlite. She told me she left 1 B superpadded reserved for me when I went last week. Not sure about the other sizes.

lilacbliss07

hi jo_vin.. icic.. mine is inclusive in the package but if do for sisters/MIL is $50 for makeup &amp; $80 for makeup + Hairdo.. so i checking if dat's the market rate.. keke...

yeah saw ur guest book.. quite nice.. u mean ur BS dun provide u with the guest book?? my BS irritating lehz.. when i signed the package.. the guest book is supposed to be those leather type with wedding photo one.. now they say no more le.. change to normal leather w/o photo... so angry...

jo_vin

Hi Jane, nope, BS dun provide guest book. But hotel does ma.. So its ok. Erm, mayb u can consider to customise also? Think of other ways u can do like maybe add lace, ribbons etc lor.. Or maybe u can argue with ur BS, say tat time when u sign, they say have, how come now dun hv. Like bluff ppl lor. Then scare them and say u will go online and post what they promise and what they deliver now. Cannot like tat do biz ma. Sometimes i feel all these BS really very bad, promise liao but in the end don't have.

lsntyl

providencia>maybe u can try the listerine whitening wash. My colleague uses it religiously and he insists it has helped to keep his teeth white. Since he drinks a lot of coffee and his teeth and not stained at all, I think it sorta works.
happy.gif

lilacbliss07

ya lor.. haiz.. i got argue with them.. but they say no more le also no choice.. very kns one.. so dun bother le.. anyway i'll compare it with the hotel one.. see which one nicer le.. keke...

i tin cannot too early sign the package.. if not they got excuse say tis change dat change..

jo_vin

Haiz.. No choice liao lor. Ya, u compare with ur hotel then use the one that's nicer. At least u still got to choose. Haha.. I was quite glad that my guest book turns out to be what was in my mind.

ahnetsan

ok jrgal, thanks. will go try on sats and sun afternoon. hopefully will catch her this time.
happy.gif

fanny, my mum also say she will do her makeup herself, cos she used to be bridal makeup artist. but hor dat was many many yrs ago liao lor, so i suggested i get her MUA to do for her. still hasnt cfm yet though.

fanny, i wanted to source the florist for hand bouquet or maybe even car decor. cos my BS hand bouquet mostly are roses and i dun really like roses. and if i take calla lily, BS says dunno sept season got nice calla or not, and it might be veri small and not nice, and mayb have to top up. sianz of hearing the word top up, so might as well source for nice and cheaper florists who might do a better job than my BS.
happy.gif

ahnetsan

hmm, i think i shall also wear WG for ROM on AD.

city plaza got one shop selling jiemeis dresses, for jus $79.90 each. i find the colours and design not bad leh. haha.

btw, has everyone of u decided on the jiemei colour theme yet? wat colours? can share share?

charma97

Jane: Thanks alot.

Pinky81: I did tell her if i cannot find one. she will have to source herself. But if I nv tried, will feel abit bad. Very Mao dun right?

crayonv

~~net
<font color="0000ff">hmmm...my gowns there are 4...NO KUA as i opt for Not havin it lo...heee...cuz if want KUA still need to find shoes to match...sianz...they are
- 1 White WG (long train)
- 1 Light Lilac w nice train MTM oriental inspired (tentatively as a "tea dress" for AD tea CeremOny)
- 1 Blue Black ball room skirt WG
- 1 Brown WG
My ROM i only wore a Simple dress....haaa...was a very Funny and SHort one...think abt it kinda Funny..we went n said "I DO" nial, no rings exchange as our custom-made rings were nt ready at tat time lo...haaa....took a few pix, ate tgh as a WhOLE family...Simple n sweet, after tt went a post party organised by frenz...haaa....
hmm..in my opinion, maybe u could wear a simple, not too long train WG for ROM, but if u gg for Ballroom Long train kind, make sure u have sb to help u Hold ur train lo...Simple hairdo also....try to neg w BS to get a free rental of a simple teadress for ROM???</font>

<font color="ff0000">my Theme for MORNING for ALL Jiemeis is WHITE....i bought them wrist Corsages w RED rosed...u can see the Pix in previous posts posted a few days ago...i have a GUY as a JM also, his corsage will be a Bear Instead, Still waiting for it to be done...aaaahhh</font>

<font color="aa00aa">now i thinking abt WAT n WHEN to wear the gowns for AD...stress....</font>

baylee

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for adding me :D

Mei..i have to say..your gowns are really beautiful... SO gorgeous..now i am thinking my gowns are only so so...hmm but cant do anything abt it already..

Jojo..so when are you going for your second PS? Have you collected your softcopy pics from FB yet?