(2008) Brides of year 2008

waxie24

oh no.. i think my chinese fail.. its suntec conventional hall (i tot "bo lan zhong xin" is expo) blur.. i'm spamming

CONFIRM
TANGS bazaar at Suntec convention Hall 401 today till sunday

bedazzle

Dunno why, not v enthusiastic abt the wedding now... feel like just getting it over and done with. Fretting over the guestlist now as several pple can't make it. And my bf's parents still hasn't come up with any concrete list. *faint*

Also hvnt been putting mask, or taking my health supplements. Just feel v lazy these days. Just keep eating and eating. dunno why like that.

lsntyl

Dor>no need to go together. Can go separately to collect de. Just tell her the secret password to get the discount. :p FH v good today! Sending out most of his invites. :D

pink_rose

Hi gals,
Just a query....I started to 'inform' my colleagues abt my upcming wedding in mid-dec, and a couple of them hav oredi planned going overseas for holidays. For those having their wedding in mid dec, do u encounter such problems?
Dec is the time for holidays, and it's unavoidable for them to take leave and go abroad. Right now, abt 3 told me they will be going away.

blanqq

has been missing out alot gals, i also did my PS in july n selection. at least something is been done.

some of photos are in my multiply. feel free to see. I will add u gals, my id, blanqq.

dodolet

pigcess, mine is Simon. Pretty okie guy. ^^

Lavender, yours is not tat bad, mine is worse, considering there are already 14 brides here marrying the same day and who knows how many others not inside + peak holiday period where pple are in the midst of coming back by 1 Jan.

Crown,
Poor gal *sayang*

How about taking meal replacement drinks to help u lose weight? So far, it works well for u.

It's not nice to drop hints. It will irk some ppl off one. My aunt did that for cousin's banquet, other relatives all badmouthed about her and some even wanted to skip it. Since your in-laws are paying for the banquet and did not take your advice when upgrading the menu, let them handle the costs themselves lor :p

Last year, I gave $70 angbao to resturant banquets and $80 to hotel banquets. This year, I'll give $90 to 3 friends' hotel banquets which I'll be attending these months. Prices all go up mah.

I agree with Msbean. Suspect your colleague acting blur!

charma97

Hi Blanqq and Bubu,

I had added both of you to my multiply.

Hi Bluebb,

I don't know if i am doing the right waY. I will be sending sms/email to friends to invite them in September.. then in October, i will send out the invitations after confirmation.

lsntyl

I think for me to break even, I'll need each guest to give me $80 wor. Cos mine is one of the more expensive menus at the restaurant. Ahh well, see how it goes. :p

Crown>are you paying for your banquet or are your PIL? Either way, no choice lor. what's done is done. Just have to cross your fingers. Maybe can ask if can get a bit more perks?

ebride

Hi gers, hmm now talking abt wine issues..

melody: Just nice, Im not using the Neos booklet. Coz the final $$ with delivery & GST is still more exp despite after discount..compared to the the one I have ordered. Somemore with 2 more course than Neo. Food not bad, tried during my frd's ROM buffet last wk.

Waxie,
Same same. I never pin to earn $ from banquet. Just hope the loss is small. We are paying for banquet ourselves too.

How much guests are paying are out of our control. I try not to think abt it and focus on other matters that are within our control.

rayrachel

Net> you've got mail..
happy.gif

Hahhahaa... my RSVP is 15th Aug..have sent out most liaoz.. left HB still got his coll...
he still not decided who to invite.. haha.. got a feeling..end up with have 1-2 lesser tables.. hehehe..
now its 76tables.. Mmmm.. and i've checked with my venue.. if i can have min 75.. i can have 2x30l barrels of beer. instead of the original 1x30l + 1x20l..
happy.gif

So its 10l more.. which is about 30glasses la.. hehehe...good good..
happy.gif

green> oooh.. shouting when doing massage?? hahahhaa.. so kua zhang ah.. kekek.. :p

msbean> you bought divan too?? from where??
happy.gif
what color u bought??
happy.gif

metro?? u can try loh..
happy.gif

crown> hehehe... good la... at least u can now tell them its $850 loh..coz its restaurant ma...people will think its cheap..
we also got drop hints la...haha..people also asking also...so when they ask..then we say loh..
happy.gif

honestly, i also dunno Peach Garden how ex.. ahaha.. if i go.. not so close...maybe also $60-$80.. hehee..
happy.gif

but so far.. the min i've ever attempted is $80.. lunch weddings at restaurants.. or really not close de..
usual min is $100.. be it hotel or restaurant.. highest is $200..for a very close fren. haha..
happy.gif

I wonder if anyone will give me that kind of amount.. hehehe..besides relatives la.. hehehe...

An Chuang> My MIL coming to spread the bedsheets and put those things on the bed on 28th Aug... and i read from website not supposed to touch it till AD..
so i wonder where i'm going to sleep from 29th - 31st Aug man.. wont i get back ache before AD liaoz?? Faint.. threw away my old mattresses liaoz..sianz...

Zep> you've got mail..
happy.gif

waxie> haha... thanks gal..
happy.gif

dor> please give me ur email..
happy.gif

YL> same.. i also need $80 to breakeven loh.. its not cheap..and our table dun even include red wine.. and beer is limited..
so.. plus plus plus.. no $80 then quite jialat also... i pray to get $100 each.. whahahahhaa...
then we can really have some surplus.. to pay off debts.. and have some for HM.. haha...
Pray pray pray!!
happy.gif

We CANNOT afford to lose any money.. coz we dun have any to start with.. so bad rite?? sigh...

dunno what kind of wedding we are having.. we are too optimistic maybe. haha...
or we have too high faith level... hahahhaa...

rayrachel

All> have just reshuffled some guest list.. planned the tables.. but i guess still subjected to changes... and have started to plan their tables...
previously was to group and regroup them in tables of 10... now i'm beginning to put in the tables number liaoz.. hehe.. progress..
happy.gif

nlimm

kokobrok: im not sure, yet to check out on tt hehe.

Eunice: city sq is only 10mins walk fr malaysia custom.I will go check out maybe next or following wkend. Is ur hotel using T-dragon also? Just drop by their plc for samples this afternn,cost abt double to triple.

peepar

Mrs Chiew,

you really have a lot of lobang ! thanks, I was about to look for cakes for the GDL and also giving to close relatives. After the in-law meeting, my dad wanted the cakes for close relatives.

Thanks ah !

mary_poppins

Hihi, added some of you in my multiply. Just in case I leave anyone out, you may add me at id: charmainehw.

Think we should start getting busier next mth after the 7th month.

mary_poppins

Meiling, probably cos you have savings so can share the expense with your HTB. My saving's as good as 0, so my HTB has to depend on his own... hehehe...

florabliss, think you are just overloaded with too many things. Your busy work schedule just doesnt help. After my first fitting I was still telling my HTB that the EG was not up to expectations and was a bit disappointed. But the final product turned out to be fine. One thing at a time. Everything will straighten out by themselves.

It's nice to be able to get back all the photos. I am sure you can keep to your budget if you are committed to do so.

ebride

Mrs Chiew: I order from ISS. Hw many pax u order?

Adeline: R u in Multiply also? I gt some pics of GDL cakes posted up, some references for u.

babyjj

hihi all.. haven been reading this for quite awhile.. so many posts!!

im busy planning my F&E honeymoon to France and Italy.. took my PS already but gonna go for another day of leisure shooting in Sep.. chose pics already, layout will be ready for viewing within the next 2 weeks..

Did up my rough guest list le.. sent sms pre-invites to about 90% of my guests le.. Just got sample wedding cards from my hotel last week. They haven called me to check my preference yet..

Found a JP already.. meeting him this weekend to sign the form..

Hmm.. like still alot to do lei.. how ar.. >.<

sleepygal79

Hi ladies, din check this forum for a while. I am quite lost now on what to do next. I mean, I had confirmed the gowns, taken my PS, chosen the shots, then wat happens next. Help..... Thanks

euanterence

have u prep wad wedding favours u r giving to ur guests?met up with ur JP? guest lists? montage? roles n tasks ur bridesmaid need to do? AD speeches? design of the wedding invites should u nt use the ones given by the hotels etc...guo da li?honeymoon if any?
this is wat i nd to do also as have been slacking for awhile.&uuml;

melo_ddy

hi cheryl, i wanted to order from purple sage initially but its way too ex so my cousin recommended neo gardens.. so can u give me the voucher? i pm u my add??

zephyrine

Rach - thanks for the mail... wow, 75 tables for you.. a really really busy night... i had thought that my 40 tables were abit too many already..

HB and I figured we'll prob loss about $200 per table... prices of banquets all went up, but most guests not updated on the market price.. sigh.. oh well, it's supposed to be a happy occasion for all your frens and family to celebrate with..

well, in case anyone is looking for reasonably priced catering with uniformed service stuff.. can try Stamford Catering, i'm using them for my church reception... happy, cos it's value for money!

ahnetsan

Viva, y ur jiemei cannot attend wedding leh? is she seriously hurt in the car accident? Or is it cos of the 3 mth pantang thing? Mayb ask ur mum or MIL?

Crown, relax, can ask ur colleague to bring forward the op? or postpone mah? If really bo bian, den do lots of facial masks to maintain the skin and bird nest or fancl.
Crown, my menses normally last for 5 days.
Where u holding ur wedding banquet? Wah piang, hw much ur table cost nw?
I will tell my frens only if they ask me. Den if colleagues ask, I say 1000+ lor, I wont say the exact figure.

Msbean, yeah, I got my AD bedsheet from OG. Mum bot one. I nt sure abt the an chuan procedure, leaving it to MIL to settle.

Zephyrine, me also FB bride. Hi hi too. Wow, urs 20th, mine is 23rd!!

waxie, wah the tangs bazaar at suntec hall, sure SUPER CROWDED one…. Expo already crowded liao, suntec I think worse. Dunno wan to go or not

dor at least u doing guest list liao. I haven even started the guest list and the writing of the wedding invites. I even more sianz than u. my dad hasn’t even started his guest list too. Fh’s mum also no action leh. haiz.

Wah green, now where got ppl still give $80 or $90 for hotels? Now must at least get $100 in order to break even leh. sometimes even $100 also not enough to break even. Sad
For my case, I think I must have $100 per person in order to break even. GOSH!!! Den excluding wine and liquor leh, diao, dunno hw much is the loss. Dun even dare to think abt it.
Btw, my colleague’s wedding in june at holiday inn hotel also lost money… she says she got a few ang pow only got $10 inside!!!!! AH BISH!!!!!!!!!! Dunno which idiot lor.

Thanks rach!! I go check it out. Thanks again

ahnetsan

WOW RACH, UR PLANNER SUPER SUPER DAMN DAMN DETAILED LEH!!!!!!!! omg, much much much better than wat i have (from frens) haahahahaa.... THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

msbean

rach , ya i bought my divan - leather black , as my Queens bed hv size limit due to my built in headframes , I ask to customize it , diva 6" and leg 2" mattress is 12" so total 20" just nice for my frames . I buy a sleeppost at furniture mall beach road

happi_bride

ahnet> yeah, i work at raffles pl, juz next to yr bldg
happy.gif

The MUA u all talking abt is for making up moms for the dinner event is it? So where to ask the MUA to go? Both moms are at two different places.. (mom-my home and mil- her own home)

my guy cant b bothered, tell him lose $, he also say NVM. Ask him abt bros, car transportation, he just say haven do. Now I dont care lor..Let him last min, go n jumpon the hot stove. Sometimes, i wished there was no wedding banquet. Sianzz.

Net,
Haha I'm giving more than my colleagues. They give standard $80 for hotels and $60 for resturants these 2 years ;) If 6 stars hotels, I'll give $100 lah. I'll usually check for table rate online, then give angbao accordingly, so I'm sure my friends do not lugi.

Where are u hosting your banquet? $1000+ per table is exp leh! Your package doesn't include beer? How many bottles red wine do u purchase?

msbean

gals my wedding banquet dun hv hard liquor is it ok ? but have free flow of beer and each table a btl of red wine, my Hb dunno want to have liquor he scare he will " piang " if his frenz call him drink liqour

Fanny,
My ethusiasium has already died off months ago. I'm treating wedding as a show for families &amp; relatives LOL. Hope your in-laws will nag at your FH to buck up!

waxie24

hi all.. i jus returned from the tangs sale.. if u are looking for bedsheets.. they have those hourly special... i think u can check it out... not a lot of ppl to my surprise.. i got a pair of slippers for $6.90..

net> my dinner is also 1000+ per table of 10..

dear0724

hihi.. my hotel is using Tdragon.. but i think its too ex... will go down on this sat to check the prices!=)

Yeah, a few told us they will be overseas le.. q disappointing le.. haiz,, but bo bian la.. try to keep ur guest within that min number of tables lo.. mine is 35 tables.. i hope i wont have prob filling them up!