(2008) Brides of year 2008

charma97

Hi Jane, I saw your pre wedding photos..

Everytime i see others pre wedding photos, the brides are very pretty. But I see mine like cannot make it..

Hi Jo_vin, so made any changes to your MTM gown?

flora_bliss

Meiling> Sad to say this, but somehow I'm not impressed with the look of the EG. And I'm not excited at all even when the designer said she'll add the crystals, laces, movable strings of beads at the sash etc... I'm not even enthusiastic abt my trial makeup on 23 Aug. Not sure if I'm having the heck care attitude liao. Sigh....

shirlin3

Hi Keer,

Oh.. I have also taken last month and will be going down this Sunday to select the photos. Hope they turn out well. Who is your photographer?

I quite like my EG, simple gown. Did not take kwa for my PS... so I have 3 evening gowns for photo shoot and 2 wedding gowns. How about you?
Any photos to share?

pinky81

jo_vin (jo_vin): Derrick is a very nice person to work with! We met a few pgs before him and after meeting him, we settled on him immediately le. He is also my pre-wedding pg too. =)

sandy (santhogk): Sorry to ask you again about ur pacakge... Is it possible to let me know through PM (if not convenient to say here) your trip details and the pricing?

Jane: I want to see your pictures too! Can you add me? [email protected]. Thanks!

lsntyl

florabliss>maybe its cos the EG is not completed yet. Give the designer some time? I'm sure it'll be fun to watch the dress slowly transform from normal cloth to a beautiful EG.

lsntyl

msbean>yay for you. can more or less relax about your house now, yes?

Viv>if your colleague has recovered, why can't she attend your wedding?

crown>maybe stress will help u lose weight?
happy.gif

pinjie8275

Hi kokobrok

My PG&VG package got include MTV.. You may wanna contact Lawrence from Phototerrain at 91177068 to check out his portfolio and price. (^_^)

monkie

hi, I know of a couple who did a MTV on their daily liftstlye & a short interview of couple..i think cost $800.. I am not sure.

or you can get your friends to flim for you for an interview..and then edit using windows movie maker..then use nero to convert to DVD format.

for my montage, i use windows movie maker then convert using nero to DVD format.

~sblbee~

florabliss,
have some faith in urself n ur designer....im sure d end pdt will turn out juz fine, dun worry....if u really dun like wat u see, perhaps u can tell ur designer which parts u dun like n u can still make alterations to it now....
i was like u, when i went for my 1st trial, all i see is a plain pc of cloth drape over me, i dun feel any excitement even though my designer explained wat she'll b doing but when it's 90% complete den i feel better
happy.gif

mayb u r too stressed n caught up wif other matters e.g renovation, wl etc, dat may explains y u dun have d mood to look forward to d exciting gown fitting n trial makeup....relax n im sure u'll look beautiful
happy.gif

monkie

one note to point out.. i have friend whom their montage done by their bridal shop..the CD tested OK before their wedding. but happend that the CD player was spoilt and they use older type of CD player and cannot be use.

so I suggest that you stand by a laptop and plug into the projector as stand by just in case CD player cannot use to play the CD.

rjwedding

we started off nagging abt our wedding prep.. slowly will be moving on to nagging abt family life n reno work.. that will be interesting, cos that's life..

shall continue when there's more naggy things to post.. hehehe..

waxie24

viv> why she cannot attend?? her car accident very serious?

shopping updates:
Tangs Bazaar - Today till Sunday at suntec hall 401
comex fair - end of this mth (i not sure its suntec or expo)

crown

Ladies,

As you all hor? Anyone of you drop hint to your friends or colleagues on how much your banquet cost?

Cos my PIL change a few dishes to premier food and add up to $850. Yesterday I asked a few close friend to guess how much my banquet cost, everyone told me from $400 to $600. My god, like that I will make a BIG loss¡­
sad.gif

euanterence

Hi all brides, during this period of time, are u all busy dealing with the prep? Dunno why me and my bf are still very relaxed during this period and wondering if anyone is the same as us..kinda worried also..was thinking most of the stuff can only be settled frm mid sept onwards

keer13

Hi Shirlin - Did u have fun in your PS? It was fun for us but my hubby was dead beat by then.. Kekeke.. May I know when is your PS date? Mine was on 25th July. But, still need to wait for next week to select the photos, I think.. My PG is Ben.. Btw, who is your MUA? I'm also praying that my photos will turn out nice but quite worried as I dun really like my hairdo..

Nope, I did not take any Kwas for PS.. On my gowns, consider, the WG is still ok.. Hee, not sure can change anot now.. Cos saw some new ones even nicer.. Then, for my EG, I'm trying to negotiate with them to reselect for AD as the ones for PS are not my ideal gowns.. Do you like your AD gowns?

All in all, for PS, I had 2EG, 3WG & 1 short WG.. You may view my photos at Multiply: keer13.. Add me.. How about yourself? Do you have any PS photos to share as well? Or any photos of your gowns?
happy.gif

lsntyl

crown>maybe if they are v close bah. But I don't feel nice to drop hints as to how much the banquet cost to colleagues. Anyway, FH and I are already prepared to make a loss once FPIL chose the menu with the suckling pig.

msbean

Crow : aiyo your colleague act blur is it , nowsday how to find 400 to 600 (maybe some resturant only la ) some resturant nowsday also very expensive .

Lsntyl and Net : at least my house settle else I die , now busy wedding , planing to write all card next week and sent it on 31/08/2008

Gals where can find nice and not so expensive bedsheet < robibnson ??

charma97

Hi Bubu, Don't worried. Maybe you can do some miscelleanous stuffs.. So you won't be so tight up. Have you take your pre wedding shots?

Btw November BTBs, are you all getting nervous as times passes each day?

waxie24

bean> u can try departmental stores, maybe like metro, john little, OG, BHG.. imo, robinsons' bedsheet higher range.. unless they have sale..

shirlin3

Oh..though fun but I was also tired out. I took my PS much earlier, on 10 July. My MUA is Miki, yours? highly recommended by my coordinator as she feels that Miki fits my style more. I am also keeping my fingers cross.

Ok for me.. both simple... and fit me quite well especially the EG. Not planning for any re-selection. I had a hard time selecting especially EG. The range is not a lotz.

Added you. you only got 1 photo in there? You look good the wedding gown. My photos are not in Multiply. Please let me have your email .. i share my album with you. Thanks.

euanterence

Hi Charma

Yap,have taken the pre-wedding shots except for another 2 locations cos the BS forgotten to put in one of the short white gown so the photographer will be having another 3 hrs shoot with us again sometime in Sept.
Will be starting designing the wedding favours and content next week maybe..the montage prolly in end Sept
anyone has multiply?care to add?

lsntyl

bean>actually, some restaurants and country clubs still can get 400-600. But depends on the chosen menu. Unfortunately, the general concensus is restaurants are cheaper. Most I do is tell them restaurants are oso not cheap and can = hotel packages too.

maybe you can look out for sales? I got mine at the aussino and JL sales.

gingerbread_gal

Hi mary poppins,
I'm hoping for good weather too...hope the haze will stay away. We've worked out our budget already...good thing for us, we can get back all pictures when we top up a minimum sum
happy.gif
so hopefully will just stick to that amount.
Hmmm, dun know if the pics will turn out nice or not...just keeping my fingers crossed for my PS

Florabliss,
are you very stressed these days? i'm sure the excitement will come back when its time for your final fitting....and am sure that your EG will turn out to be lovely! If you are not happy abt your EG, can still tell your designer abt it and do something abt it - that's still possible at this stage. Enjoy your trial makeup!

msbean

gals what is the ah Chuan proceduce har ,

1st = 3 days before wedding put the longan , angbao and orange and other item on the bed

2nd = AD bring a "tong" zi go jump and roll on it

3rd = after rolling then I can sleep, touch and sit on it .

Is the above correct

waxie24

bean> my an chuan procedure is
put the longans etc on a red colour tray, put on the bed... no sleeping on the bed until after the AD.. me skip the tong zi part~

annabella

Hi Mrs chiew,
Thanks for the info.

Hi Gals,
Anyone did a research on the credit cards which will give the best deals for banquet payment?

zephyrine

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Sep Bride too... new to this forum... was looking through the thread and realised that most of you are very well-prepared...

I'm still fretting over how the AD schedule should look like... anyone has a sample, (hopefully a detailed one) for all my wedding helpers to refer to???

if so, can pls email to me at [email protected] ?? Many thanks!

sigh.. getting anxious.. and work at office is piling... argh!!

nehoc

Heng i am done with both reno &amp; wedding but having said that i concurrently doing both at the same time still remember wedding in a mth time i am still meeting my contractor for touch up etc...Super stressfull but thanks god everything is over.

**TBC** (",)

waxie24

zephyrine> welcome to the sept brides thread.. i'm in the FB thread also.. i think most of us got a copy of a super detailed wedding planner from rach.. its her intellectual property.. best is she send to you.. hehe.. when's ur AD?

simplyserene

Hey Iris... I never noticed that you're not in my contact list. I've added you.

Even before we got married, I already started my comments abt his family liao. Hahaha... Some habits which I thought were pretty wasteful. Definitely more to come... :p

lynnqi

bubu:
We are the same... Me and hub are also doing nothing much at this moment. Collected the invitations, but yet to print the inserts.
Will only be abit more busy next week, but its on 'beutifying' myself for the photoshoot on the 25th. Gotta spend money again. aiyoh

uk_fung

anna.. what kind of best deal you looking for.. the price is fixed when you sign the contract...(i.e. card promo for wedding dinner won't apply, except those 0% installment or so ba if there is any...) card promotion on wedding banquet price is applicable when you sign during that promotion time then your contract will include that...

If you say earn pts then is another thing
happy.gif

I thought of earning pts to change to Krismile... if not wrong.. Maybank/ UOB singiture (the travel one)/ Krisflyer Amex card are the best few ba... actually most of the card can earn pts and convert to other things like mileage/ pts...

erm.. got one thing I still haven't check.. I heard that when we sign banquet bill usually we will have to ask bank up our credit card limit for that ... by doing so.. reward pts calculation is different.. I am not sure about that.. any one have idea on this is true??

charma97

Hi Bubu,

OIC.. I just selected my photos and received my wedding cards. Now waiting for inserts and see if there is any wedding favours.

I think after the 7th month, we will be very busy preparing.

Some of them and I just added each other in multiply. Give me your email.. I add u into mine.
happy.gif

bluebb

hi gals, can check with u all when shld b a gd time to send out invites to the guests? i tink for relatives n close frens i will hand deliver, bt my calculated GDL dd is 2wks fm my AD (ie only 1 wkend in between GDL and AD). do u all tink it is too rush?

if really too rush i tink i will ignore the calculated date liao.

melo_ddy

I also engaged Angel for my mums and sister.. Think her rates are quite reasonable.

Anyone has the neo garden booklet that comes in yr letter box with a $50 voucher on the front cover? I need 1 if anyone has but doesnt want can donate to me pls.

my multiply is wendylsh... add me too but pls leave a msg ok.

bedazzle

hi all,
just returned fr KL. Really shiok not hving to worry abt wedding preps for the past 2 wks. Just eat and shop and watch olympics the whole time I was there.

I might get a hairstylist to do the makeup and hair styling for my mum n sisters. Recommended by a friend, but I've nvr seen his portfolio though. He's co-owner of a salon at citylink mall. I think he quoted $40-70 per pax. I can PM you his number if anyone needs it.

Seems like a lot of stuff has been going on in this thread. What's the "super detailed wedding planner" abt? Rach, send me one too!! keke...

YL,
I dun think I'll be going w you to get the nubra this fri. I'll prob be there at abt 4-5pm b4 the crowd comes in.