(2008) Brides of year 2008

xinyi_reiko

morning gals..
happy.gif

shybrides, same here.. like alot of things not done.. now starts to stress up on the guest list.. it seems that I dont need so many tables, but hotel need min 30 tables.. haiz.. now thinking how to fill them up..

nelle

Jac, there are places offering low COV. Ground floor to 3rd level, not near mrt/market,not upgraded, orig cond, etc.

~sblbee~

uksportgal,
for me, my hotel got provide n i saw my hotel's AP box le, v ugly de so i decided to DIY one for myself...if u r fussy like me, u shd chk wif ur hotel wat type of AP box they give...if not, guz take d hotel one :p

uksportgal

hee hee very gan to DIY hahahhaa I haven't start on my flower pen also~~~ ahhaha buy liao never do.. so lazy.. maybe after Mar....

today so good mood... tml holiday loooo yeah

pinkybtb

6 months to our big day...
Hv you gals bought all the things needed for the Guo Da Li? I am still cracking my head, dunno wat to do

monkeymuffin

Hi mei,

i wun be surprised if those entries are fake. I also dun wan to argue with them la, like you say, "online war" can be quite ugly
sad.gif

Actually i have put together a folder of some pics of bouquets, intending to show Mrs Teo. I think if we show her, she may or may not be able to replicate. But definitely, it'll help her get an idea of wat kind of style you like.

Those from her album she will be able to produce for sure, that's the good part abt choosing from there.

Thanks Brenda, for your input. Do you know if Mrs Teo does corsages, too? If so, how much would she charge for groom and parents' corsages?

necrosis

oh, my FH also stays in west coast.
happy.gif

and me lakeside.
guess all nearby...easier for him to send me home during pa-thor days...hahah

necrosis

morning ladies!!

i went for my first steps class yesterday....
now cannot move liao. :p
weighing machine also say i put on a few hundred grams instead of losing....must be the supper after the class lah!!
anyway, i'm very happy to finally start sweating instead of nua-ing...yay!!

i think housing prices are getting ridiculous, my friends are looking for rental places, also getting exorbitant quotes...

xinglin, i'm gonna meet the BTBs for the first time too!!
happy.gif

shy,
me wanna do the lingerie thing w ya gals ok? i usually buy from VS, but La senza also has nice bras ;)

~sblbee~

uksportgal,
im really not a DIY person so my things will turn out liek crap :p im gona order frm ppl my pens n corsages...too lazy to do le :p

~sblbee~

nec,
hehehe...at least u r sweating n not nua-ing like me....guz im d only lazy one here :p congrats on making ur 1st move in ur exercise regime
happy.gif

shybride,
hehehe...i'll go n see if i can find anything frm la senza cos i seriously need bras wif lotsa extra padding...

rjwedding

hi De_princess, i'm using DVD photo slideshow. i downloaded from the website. the website is www.dvd-photo-slideshow.com. you can download for free the basic one, if need more powerful functions, then got to pay for the professional one.

actually i also got a shoe which i wore on my ROM, but my friends was saying to get a new pair for wedding better, but I can find a nice one.. tomorrow i will go city plaza to take a look.. if really can't find one, i will give up the idea of buying a new pair of shoe for my wedding, will wear back the same pair..

msclaire

hey gals, i went to check out M&M and it was pretty good, especially at the prices they are charging. If I cannot find a decent CS, I think i'll just get M&M to MTM one for me
happy.gif

luvz17

Wah, this thread....too fast for me to catch up... *blur*

shybride, your reno $42k very expensive. is it becoz u choose high standard material? i thought reno around $20-$30k..do u do any hacking? enjoy your taipei trip... it's very fun to eat n shop there =) i miss that place.

Jac, $60k very high.. N do u really need EM? maybe 4-5 rm is enough? coz u must think of reno n furniture oso..i think they can easily used up $40-$50k. dun give urself pressure..coz i was like that too..adding unnecessary pressure make myself easily agitated. dun forget, u still got BE.

flora, y must by this yr buy flat if want to take hdb loan? is it the T&C hdb gave becoz u hit the income ceiling thingy? according to hdb stats, amk 4 rm cov on average abt $27k. but take note, we duno the condition of the house, the location high/low floor..so it varies.refer to below. the amk 4rm owner must be crazy. is the house made of gold?? between that 2, i would choose the 5rm instead of 4 rm. but do u really like this place? if so, maybe the cov can negotiate.. try to find out what the last offer was by other interested party? meanwhile, go n view other flats these sat so that u can have more alternative. take note, maybe it is new listing, so they will ask for more. over time, when they realise what they ask for is too high, they will have to lower anyway. know any idea the reason for them to move?

TOWNS 1-ROOM 2-ROOM 3-ROOM 4-ROOM 5-ROOM EXECUTIVE OVERALL
ANG MO KIO - $8,000* $20,000 $27,800 $41,500 $25,000* $21,000

i heard the same thing as what meiling heard. seems that it slows down, esp private. maybe due to previous enbloc situation last yr, it heated the mkt.. so, for those who can wait...u still can view to have more choices. ladies, work out your budget..see how much valuation+cov you can afford. i am not sure if u have agent to act on u or by urself. if u do have agent, tell him/ her what is the range that u r looking for. that's what i did. due to low cov that i can afford, we have lesser choices..somemore we want high floor n corner.. we are really lucky to have this unit. like what nelle mentioned, mine is in orginal condition. that is y low cov coz i need to do full reno. anyone interested in sengkang? i think someone selling, 100% move in and near compassvale.

y kim, what was the cov the owner asking for?

nec, landed? u sure....wah... i wish i can have that too...bt how come with mum n not hubby??

ykls

haha wa we have so many westies here! maybe can arrange a meet-up hehe.

Are you all ROM already? I am planning to do solemnisation together with my AD any solemniser to recommend?

sleepygal79

Wow, seems like Mrs Teo is a reputable name in our discussion of worthwhile florists... I will check her out on this weekend. Have a happy weekend.

luvz17

i have auspicious hr, but not sure what it refers to... worst case scenario, i will squeeze everything within 4 hrs..hahah...bad bad situation coz i stay at queenstown n hubby stay at hougang...

lexilicious

morning all
~grumpified*

uksport
yah i saw yoru video, but dunno why only 16 s... click click already still like that *sigh*

if u wanna DIY angbao box etc... can go Arab street for fabrics, lace, crystals and fur stuff. went down the other day, it's cheaper than getting from spotlight and stuff.

meiling
about photo montage - it's quite ez to do. win movie maker very simple to do. if u intend to give it a DIY try, let me know, i can photoshop pictures for u if u need.

ykls

hi floral bliss, haiz.. the enbloc ones can forget about it all open big big lion mouth one.

hi meiling, remember seeing you in marina mandarin forum thank you for the advice u gave me too hehe. Try Japanese bra if you want lotsa of padding.

hi luvz17, you mean the 27years one the owner asking for 20k not a lot but the enbloc one is 40k min. I think I move back to the west ba. Anybody looking for west side flats?

Gals, can try Japanese bra theirs is super padding but look natural. Most importantly they measure bra size externally so if u r a C originally when you buy Japanese bra become E hehehe subconsciously make me feel big wahaha. Anybody thinking of wearing corset type? Was thinking wear that can cover the tummy and also push up :p.

msclaire

babes, i have a question on sequence of events early in the morning. As FH has to leave his house, fetch me, come back to his place and serve tea to his parents all within 6.05 to 8am. So we thought we should serve tea to his parents, come back to my house serve tea to my parents, then ask all our relatives to gather at his house so we can serve tea to all of them at one shot. Reason why we didn't want to serve tea to my relatives at my place after serving my parents was cos we are under the impression that priority should be given to his relatives before mine. Are we planning this wrongly? My mum thinks that its totally odd and inconvenient to get my relatives to meet at fh's place, but I don't see an issue since afterall a wedding is the union of 2 families ma. Any advice?

~sblbee~

uksportgal,
my BS got provide...hehe, guz im super fussy cos i decided to do away wif my BS guestbk, my hotel guestbk n wana do personalised signature cards instead...

polarwhite,
i actually wana buy frm daiso but d leftover heart shaped boxes look so horrible, all tattered at d sides so i didnt get
sad.gif

lex,
i'll get my fh to try...i havent found any nice pics yet...will ask u if i need ur help
happy.gif
have to wait for my PS softcopies 1st
happy.gif

polarwhite80

meiling,
that time i went, the boxes still on the trolley, haven even stack to the shelves.... then i dun care ah, squat there slowly choose.... hahaha....

~sblbee~

msclaire,
hehehe....wah thanks for d M&M info, i'll drag my fh down after my gown fitting den, intend to mtm a short CS for myself
happy.gif

lurvz17,
i dun mind sengkang....is it located near d mrt station? wat's d asking cov? do pm me...have replied ur email on d coach bag, tink i got d bag u r looking for :p

y kim,
hi there, so happy to see u in tis thread!
happy.gif
no prob, im glad to b able to render watever help i can though im no expert :p japanese bra? wat brand? where can i get? is it cheap?

~sblbee~

polarwhite,
gd for u...went at d rite time...my fh n i will start to shop for d materials tm...including feathers, pearl n flowers for d AP box :p

ykls

hi msclaire, hmmm I see some shops in Far East plaza selling but I buy from Japan and Taiwan the last time. I also see Isetan scotts having some the last time not full design but some during an event.

hi meiling,
happy.gif
yup but I cannot take marina mandarin le so sad. Its cheap I buy at about $40 for a set. There are 2 main brands peach john www.peachjohn.co.jp and aimer feel www.aimerfeel.co.jp. Shybride, while you are in taipei can go and try aimer feel it is available in their department stores.

raragal

Elim> cooL!! when's ur AD?? share them with us...can use a few tricks in future when I'm the emcee.. heehe.. how much they charge???

Pinky> not yet la... so early.. my GDL is 26th July... July then buy loh... hehhee.. its only 160++ days to my AD! :D

ykls

hi msclaire, I think relatives may feel awkard so they dun want to go to your FH place. I am planning FH to fetch me then go to his place, serve tea to his parents and relatives hang around a while then go back to mums place serve tea to parents and relatives. You can go to your parents house after 8am + or you need to finish all tea serving for both side by 8am?

chipydale

Yup she does corsages also.

Unless u need alot, else she can do it for free which matches ur hand bouquet.

If u need flowers for ur hair also, let her know, so that she can prepare them for u. It'll also match ur hand bouquet. She gave me these for free tat time.

providencia

ya, since it'll be my first "blind date" too, i was wondering if I should carry a stalk of rose to identify myself, ha ha, i siao liao.

nec, congrats, first step towards your ideal weight. Also, no need to dream/smell/think abt flat, private property way better.
happy.gif

MeiLing, i'm an airport runway, need lots of help in that dept. Btw, i posted pics of my short CS on my facebook, u can go have a look.

Y Kim, tks for recommendation, shall check out the websites.

msclaire

I suppose we were trying to give priority to both side parents first, then serve the relatives after them. This was also mentioned by the fengshui master. We're not so sure about the implications, or whether what is correct or not. So you're saying its okay to serve FH's parents, followed by their relatives, then return to my side to serve my parents and my relatives?

gingerbread_gal

Meiling,
I actually asked the Essex walk ppl if they'll be holding GSS but they say 'oh actually the prices of Paradox shoes are not very high, so we don't give discounts" I was like .....not high?? It is pricey, at least to me.

Nec,
then where are you staying at after your wedding?

Luvz,
Most prob won't be taking up this exec maisonette...we would love to get mais cos of the big living space...Yeah, trying to tell myself there is still hope from the BE....

Btw, what does enbloc really means? that there is a developer who will buy the land for a high price and hence ask you to sell your place for a high price?

crown

i might be able to join
happy.gif

26 March (Next Wed) Gathering at Plaza Sing
-------------------------------------------
1. Rach
2. Green
3. Net
4. Gina
5. Waiver (Tentative)
6. Kireineko
7.LSnTYL
8. Crown (Tentative)

gingerbread_gal

msmclaire,
I think its fine to serve his parents and relatives tea first, then do the same thing at your place. Alternatively, can serve tea to relatives at hotel?
I think it'll be awkard for your relatives to go to his place as they wouldn't have met his relatives before?

Y kim,
hmmm, but your mum won't know what time you'll reach his place after fetching you?? Hee hee :p

kitty_ng

Ehh...xinyi, i would like to feel excited but somehow too tired to feel so cox quite tied up with work. Till nw oso no time to monitor my hse reno. Lucky my HB is doing that...hee

I'm doing my outdoor PS tmr...pray hard weather is gd
happy.gif

~sblbee~

y kim,
oh...so sad dat u cant take MM le...but nvm i still can see u here n tok to u
happy.gif
thanks for sharing d padded bras wif me...will go n take a look later :p

providencia,
me too....im airport runway, think i belong to d budget airport type, even worse :p i find it so difficult to find bras wif additional help :p ok sure, i'll go n take a look at ur facebook :p

jac,
aiyo...so scary, i was thinking of going to takashimaya dept store den applying to d dbs card, they shd have some form of discount or rebate :p hehehe...usually d branded stuff will b like tis is alrdy v cheap le but for us, we've to consider for weeks b4 we make up our mind :p

necrosis

y kim,
how come if C need jap bra to become E?
i find C very jia lat already leh...
clothes/bra are always difficult to find ones!!!

msclaire,
how much are the CS at M&M?
short? long?

jac,
gonna stay whereever we are staying now..
i.e my FH is renting a room (he's not local), and we'll stay there and at my place at weekends/holidays/occassionally....

<font color="0077aa">hmmm my GDL on Sep 1st leh.... AD on 11th ... haben prepare, but as people go overseas, we ask them help to buy the MArtell liao... need 2 bottles right ... since not to be served during the dinner, we decided can save by buying the duty free type... heh</font>

flora_bliss

HDB currently gave the approval for us to get new flats and the HDB based on current salary condition. Next yr when we get the increment, we will exceed 8K by too much. So they will not approve our request. So tat's why I got to settle on something this yr for new flat or for HDB loan.

nelle, the view is only one of the attraction. There are other plus point like it's nice location, good feng shui, the layout and minimum reno. But I kinda think in future we would spend most of our free time hanging out at the balcony than at other area of the house.

luvz17, I'm very doubtful abt the HDB stats. I guess those flats that they quoted must be in horrifying conditions. Coz I've visit a couple of 30 yr old flats that are in original condition (even the toilet still remains as the squatting type), the owners are asking a min of 30K. HTB and I love the place, that's why we made the offer. I think it may be difficult to lower the price further coz the owner has already lowered it by 10K. The owner is moving to a landed property in Hougang, coz it's nearer to his kid's school.

Y Kim , i guess the en-bloc owners know their advantage so they dare to be "lions".

providencia, no need to carry flowers lah. Some of us have photos on our blog. Juz go in there and see our "mao1 yang4". Then shd be able to recognize us.

meiling, I think most likely have to get resale coz I dun have much luck in the HDB balloting exercises.