(2008) Brides of year 2008

shi40lin

Hi msclaire
happy.gif

Jac, you thinking to get the woodlands EM flat ah? 60K COV very very EX lor! Must think carefully leh. 5 mins to Woodlands MRT? Seems near my new flat also which i bot over from my MIL. Where's your area? Mine along Ave 5.

Now also very headache on reno.
Shybride, who is your ID? You mind to share the details of the 42K reno quotes? Me now also vexing on reno. We don't wish to go beyond 20K (not hacking the flooring). Now i've a quote excluding electricity re-wiring and painting...it's already 21K.

Keke..when shd we wear nubra ah? I'm selecting my photoshooting gowns next month wor. What type of gowns nid nubra?

You all has got gathering ah? Am i the only new person to join in if i'm tagging along? haha....
But i shy....wahahahaa...

Anyway, yest HDB releases Yishun Jade Spring BTO phase 2 wor. Anyone looking at it?

Who's going Taipei? Nice place wor!!! I like the people there, food there, shopping there! keke...

msclaire

wow, just curious, how come you have so many bridesmaids? I'm only having one main bridesmaid for the church service, and maybe 2 more as jiemeis at gatecrashing. Is there a need to ask all of them to dress alike?

shi40lin

providencia, Meiling: haha...my ofc just bot the wii game for us to play after ofc hours or lunch time. I tell u all lor...I'm into games de...I've played for almost 1 hr on boxing, baseball, tennis and bowling...my arms are really aching now! Boo hoo ....

shybride, i've checked out from my fren the crystal bracelet cost near to $10 and are displayed on the lady boss's table together with the rest of her jewelleries. You may wanna checky out if you happen to go there get ur wedding shoes
happy.gif

shybride

xinglin... shy your head!!! hahaha for the gathering in feb, i also never met them b4 mah.. felt like a blind date lor.. haha but fun!! i really regret having to leave early to meet my frens lor

wear nubra when your gown is back revealing.

me going taipei next mon to sat
happy.gif

my ID is Kenny from Inform, at tanjong katong complex (next to paya lebar mrt). he did my fren's house last year, worksmanship very good. urmm what do u want to know abt the quotes? i dun mind sharing but dun have soft copy.. the electricity re-wiring is $1500.. painting is around that price too .. ouch..
sad.gif

shybride

wow so quiet here today. gals how's your prep? i really wonder how come i keep doing and doing, but seems like i can never finish..

shi40lin

keke.. we've got another 27 dec bride. Sotonglet, so when is your banquet be holding? You mentioned you dinner will be in another day right?

So far, i've confirmed 5 JMs wor...actually got 3 more-of the 3 got 1 is male JM! But cos 1 of their zodiac clashed with ours so maybe we can get her to be my JM le
sad.gif

chipydale

Hi mei,
I've ordered my ROM bouquet from mrs teo also. The flowers were great. Though it's juz a mkt stall, she has lots of variety to choose from. She's very friendly and her bouquets are realli great.

And mine cost onli $45. U can see it on my multiply too.

26 March (Next Wed) Gathering at Plaza Sing
-------------------------------------------
1. Rach
2. Green
3. Net
4. Gina
5. Waiver (Tentative)
6. Kireineko
7.LSnTYL

Meet at 7pm. But havent decide where to go for dinner hehe.

pink_tail_baby

Anyone looking for an additional gown for your PS or AD. I'm renting out my Ted Wu Ivory WG for only $100 (only for 12 hours photoshoot or Actual Day) inclusive of free alteration too!!

gingerbread_gal

shybride,
wat else is included in the reno costs for the ID? your reno is gonna cost $42k? Yours is exec apartment right?

xinglin,
yeah we are thinking of getting resale mais...its located in the area opp civic plaza...sorry, i don't know which avenue (i'm lousy with avenues, better with street numbers)...but so expensive. The seller is keen to sell (so price is neg) but I doubt we'll get that flat.

Girls, think I'm very kan-cheong spider...the results for BE not out then worrying abt all these things; I can't help it
sad.gif

So for the next outing, lingerie shopping is on the to-do list?

By the way, what does BTO phase 2 means? Since there's a phase 2, that means there's a phase 1?

shybride,
at least u still have your EG. I'm gonna wear WG all the way. Feeling a wee bit insecure upon hearing that you girls intend to have so many change of attire. BTW, any snapshots from your PS?

Oh, btw, I went down to Essex walk the last weekend...ohhh, the shoes there are lovely but the prices are equally 'lovely' too...guess if still cannot find suitable shoes, might have to get something from there (hopefully not cos might not have chance to wear again in near future)

shi40lin

ya, there's a phase 1 BTO in Yishun the previous time. Think too overwhelming so got another phase 2 came out lor.

Jac, i noe where's the place already. But i also duno wat Ave. But that stretch of road in between civic plaza and the block shd be ave 5
happy.gif

Hmm...how much you see you all offer the max? If really too ex, you got to factor that the reno even w/o ID firm also a large sum wor. Any other alternative? So ex and i guess unlikely to have potential buyers now ba?

i duno whether i hv to buy a nubra a not wor...haha...

shybride, you bot resale flat ma? Ya wat other details of the reno consists?
Enjoy the taipei trip ya!

flora_bliss

Wah lau!!! I only gone for the afternoon and there's so many threads!!!

Jac, I visited a 6yr old 4RM flat just next to the AMK Hub. The valuation is estimated to be 460K and the owner wants 550K. The flat not in superb condition and I would need to hack everything oso. It didn't even come with aircon. So when the owner asked for 550K, I look at her and said "550K? You give me ah?". Crazy!!!!

But I saw a 26yrs 5-RM flat, just across the road fr my parent place. The floor area is 119sqm and it's on the high floor. Has a great city view at the balcony. The owner has fully done up the house (even change all the pipes in the toilet) when he moved in 9yrs ago. Though I don't really fancy the decor, I'm still able to do the reno a few yrs later. Basically juz need to do the paintwork and do up 1 toilet. The valuation is estimated to be 480K and the owner is asking for 520K. The flat is abt 5mins walk to the MRT, near to mkt, childcare centre is just behind the block and it has access to 3 carparks. Do you think it's worth getting?

shi40lin

keke flora, me also.. sometimes when read the thread here, my last entry already been archived lor.

Maybe there's still room for nego for the COV. Try to work out the max you all can offer than play from there lor. If the location is ideal for you all, then i think quite ok. But 26 years flat quite old liao. Have to re-wire the electricity and plumbing wor lor.
Hmm...you still actively go for your viewing?

The AMK flat really SIAO lor! They are really lion open big mouth! Cos of these buyers making the resale market really expensive lor!

flora_bliss

sotonglet, jac and shybride are rite. Though carat is important, the other 3 Cs need to be taken into consideration as well. And it's especially true when the diamond is more than 0.5carat. This is becoz when the diamond is bigger, the flaws in the other 3Cs will be magified. For example, if the clarity,cut or the colour is no good, you may end up with a big but blur looking/ yellowish diamond.

meiling, don't need to chop off my finger lah coz I haven't been wearing it for abt 1 mths liao. But I must admit that my HTB is very heng to get the ring at a discount coz the original price is 12K+. I was still hesitating abt buying at that point. It was he who die die wanna buy then. Think he made the rite decision.

Btw, I went to Emerald's Lee Hwa liao. Was well served by the lady who sold me my wedding bands. Anyway, didnt buy anything. There was a 4carat tennis bracelet selling only at 5K+. But it looks fake when I wore it coz my wrist is too slim. Tat's why i didn't get it. I still prefer the previous 3 carat one that I missed. Sigh...

flora_bliss

xinglin, initially the owner wanted 530K, but after knowing that we are young couple without much cash, they lowered the price by 10K. I think the electricity and plumbing no need to redo. The current owner has done them nicely when he moved in 9yrs ago. The location is superb and we were addicted to the view at the balcony. Can even see the Spore flyer and fireworks.

Ya, have been going for viewing every other days. Hv schedule to view 3 blks this Sat. So tiring...

dodolet

Xinglin, yeah, me doing all the necessary things including church wedding on 27/12 and dinner will be on 29/12. We din realise how popular 27 and 28 dates are. T.T

Anyway I boh chap about my JMs dressing. I think my bridemaid will only need to be in white anyway. So I will only make the dress for her. ^^

lost_in_space

hi gals.. topic now is abt resale flats ah..

flora, which area are u looking at?

just went to tampines mall to look for the nubra at la senza.. dun have lehz.. will go down to suntec outlet this weekend.. bought wrapper for DIY angpow box.. hehe.. so excited.. will post the picture when it's done..

pinkcupcake

Hey Brenda, have taken a look. The flowers are really nice. Will check her out! Don't know whether can bring a pic and ask her to 'copy'! heh heh.

luxelass

Hi Jas, I'm visiting them tomorrow, hopefully it works and I'd win my bet!!

As for photographer, you referring to AD or OD Shoots?

Mine is with Lighted Pixel's Kelvin.

Actually am thinking of perhaps changing the cake to something else now... begin to think a bit waste to have all real and eventually people may not think too much about the cake.

And girls, I'm staying in Jurong West too! My FH just stays some streets away from me. So can imagine it's going to be abit duh on the actual day... hahaha.

gingerbread_gal

Flora,
$40K alot of $$$....Did you set a timeline by which time you have to get a flat? On a serious note, I think property prices will be going down cos its really not realistic to have high COV going on for a long time...Been reading abt it in the papers.
Some ppl, really hor, ask for sky-high prices and not being realistic abt it.
Where's your parents' place? AMK area too? I agree with xinglin that the flat is a bit old though - the age i mean. Are you really keen on this flat?

so you're not going to try for HDB flats anymore?

I was thinking abt another issue abt resale flats. If we spend so much $$$ to buy a resale flat now, then when we want to sell, then might make a loss esp if the flat won't be sold during a boom. Like that, not very worth it right? My HTB and I will want to get a flat we really really like cos we forsee ourselves not selling that flat for a long time to come.....

I'm a bit confused....our experiences tell us that COV is very high but govt is saying that there are flats (even in AMK) whereby the COV is less than $10k??? I also read something like the average COV is actually something like $15k.....if so, why are we experiencing the discrepancies?

shybride

jac, we didn't take any photos ourselves at the PS haha.. gotta wait for the PG to give us lor

urmm my reno consists of hacking the whole place down.. nothing is left liao. 42k incl homogenous tiles for living + dining + kitchen (cos open concept kitchen), laminate flooring for 3 rooms, chengai wood platform at balcony, some l-boxes for ceiling, kitchen cabinets, 2 toilets incl vanity top in bedroom toilet, change bedroom doors, change toilet doors, painting. Keeping the original windows.

florabliss, for the 26 yr old flat, does it have lifts on every floor? is the rubbish chute inside or outside your flat? is the void deck clean? cos older flats tend to be dirtier.. But the view sounds great!!

oh yeah gals, as i sit here scratching the numerous mozzie bites on my legs, have to remind u.. if going punggol lalang field or other ulu places for PS, please bring insect repellant!!! esp if u wearing barebacked / sleeveless / short gown.. i got 36 bites yesterday.. itchy lor.

gingerbread_gal

shybride,
don't scratch!!! later can get scars!!

huh...$42k for reno that consists of just that? Seems expensive...wat abt cupboards for the bedrooms? or are you having walk-in wardrobe? what's laminate flooring?

ykls

hi sotonglet, okie I did go both in the end because thinking of going another day can go both shops together.

hi floral_bliss, I also went to see the AMK flat I think almost same venue as yours I also got 550k worse mine the owner valuation only 450k he want 100k extra say because there all the owners selling this price. Then I say no need to do valuation lor like that since everybody want to sell at the same price. Then he sarcastically say if cannot afford then take the older flast further away feel like beating him!

Which other blks you view? I view one that is older about 15mins away the lease starts 1980 so about 27 years selling 420k but need to change many things. Did you also check out the enbloc one? There are a few blks enbloc that time but COV min 40k.

hi jac, I also have the same question as you. I am thinking worse case if my ballot results never get then I actually buy my flat from my mum but the COV at Clementi is also 40k somemore my flat about 29 years le only good thing it is beside the MRT but risk of enbloc. Check with you all, if the flat you are getting have a risk of enbloc will you all reno a lot? My colleague bought an old flat major reno around 30k including hack away a wall and floor. Is this normal?

shybride

doesn't incl cupboards.. we getting cupboard fr alumix. laminate flooring is like wood but not real wood.. urmm something like what u see in school halls? but longer planks lah

lost, muz bring insect repellant!! actually that place doesn't look that nice in reality.. but the PGs all very skilful, made it look sooo nice haha

ykls

hi valerie, ya must think carefully. I initially also want to keep the cake and was sad my parents dun want but then actually went around asking and nobody really want to eat cake during the cocktail because they say most will be late then desset will be too full. I think you can try to ask if you do not want the cake what can you change to if good enough perks then can consider but ultimately I think depends on what you like.

I am staying at Clementi, my FH stay at West Coast haha we have the same problem so now mum say maybe my FH go fetch me from my sis house instead at Bishan if not I think worse case go a few more rounds before going to FH house lor.

gingerbread_gal

Hi,
erm, actually I don't see what's the problem with HTB staying near by your hse? My HTB is also staying a few streets away....what's the prob? Isn't it better? Don't have to spend so much time traveling right?

ykls

hi jac, I dun see any problem also but mum think too near dun feel like marrying me off haha aiya her crazy idea lor so we must hang around a bit outside maybe 20-30mins then reach his place.

koyoyo

HI tinkybell,
What happen to your last fitting? Wat you mean they turn cold after u dun like their gown.. COme on they should be experience in this area by now.. I been there for 3 to 4 fitting already havent even settle for 1 gown .. so see this is super common how can the co ordinator didnt foresee it.. Maybe she just happen to be in bad mood .. Pls dun think too much about it.. U pay for it and it once in a life time u need to be happy...

necrosis

shybride,
which BS are you with again? for your PS...
happy.gif

who is Lady Xiang and where is she located? SOmething regarding CS right?

meiling, how was your visit to Misse and mama?

i've my first fitting next sunday...going to do up the MTM design and whatever else ;) also excited except when i remember i haven't lost the weigth i needed to :p

wah...you gals sure have a lot of housing stuff to discuss...in a way, very exciting to get and do up your own place...
happy.gif

i just bought a landed property w my mom (not freehold somemore), so cpf tied up in loan repayments there. no need to smell/dream/think of a flat. :p

babyiguana

Hi Jule,
I bought 'Georgina' from loeandbehold. The shoes are in champagne gold.. so it matches my wedding gown as well as my lite blue evening gown(CS) with gold lace.. hee.. =D That time i was looking at 'Quinn', 'Nadya' and 'Freida' designs too. And before i go, i dropped Belinda an email and told her my evening gown colour and she suggested 'Georgina' to me.. =D

Hi De_princess,
I bought my pair <$100. It depends on design. =)

I'm having abt 50tables for my wedding dinner.. *fainted*

~sblbee~

shybride,
yah...it's a great idea, hey...i wana see ur pic wif ur full makeup n hairdo plus ur EG, did u take any pic? sigh...wait for my mtm EG to come out, guz need to wait until my neck long long :p

welcome to all d new gals who joined us...sorry, cannot remember d names cos it's archived in d previous page alrdy...u gals really horrible leh, 1 nite nv come in...so many posts le :p

xinglin,
aiyo...u har...shy wat shy? shy = shybride's trademark leh :p dun worry, guz there'll b many new brides joining us on d nxt gathering cos only 5-6 of us turned up during d 1st gathering :p
hehehe...i was into games but at d end, cannot find d time to play, played my fh's psp, have a nintendo ds...n oso online games...my fh trying to psycho me to agree to buy a PS3 or nintendo wii but i said no...hehe :p asked him to spend more time in wedding prep :p

jac,
it's gd to plan ahead but dun worry too much abt it...im sure u'll find ur dream flat soon, so many ppl r raving abt d new yishun flats but i didnt even apply :p
yah, lingerie shopping is d pre-gathering activity, for those who r interested...pls sign up wif shybride *hehehe* well, dun worry abt not changing into many outfits as it's up to personal preference, some prefer to spend time mingling wif d guests but d most common one is wg n change into eg...guz u prefer a westernised style whereby there's no need for eg
happy.gif

oh...i adore essex walk shoes but...my poor pockets will lose more weight than me...hope to find sth below $200 as i intend to buy at least 2 pairs :p if not, really have to eat into my own budget le
sad.gif
wonder if they have discount during gss :p

flora bliss,
i agree wif u leh, im reading d posts like siao now...wah u went to view houses alrdy? i didnt have d guts to do so cos i know amk sellers r asking for extremely high cov...i was like...i dun have so much spare cash e.g $40K so i gave up d idea...
hmmm, d 1st unit is not worth it, d 2nd one can kiv though d age of d flat is v old but these days they dun care anymore cos d location is more impt than anything else...tis is d time for them to make a profit, my colleague advised me against buying a flat during tis period as he forsee dat d prices will drop soon, ask me to wait for another 1 yr or so...meanwhile view d 3 other flats 1st, dun rush into it
happy.gif

hehehe, ok lah...dun chop ur fingers cos i wana admire ur beautiful ring
happy.gif
wah ur fh really v heng to get such a gd deal wif such a big carat for u, mine was $16+K b4 discount last yr...n yet havent hit 1 carat
sad.gif
guz mayb i asked for a D colour n VVS2 ba...so have to compromise on d size le
sad.gif

i went to lee hwa @ amk hub too yest, went to collect my bracelet n shun bian drool over d destinee pendants...guz have to kiv as i dun wear a necklace so no pt buy a pendant....:p nvm, im sure u can find ur ideal bracelet soon...mayb wait for gss whereby can try to bargain for more discount :p

lost,
sure hope to see ur DIY AP box soon...do share wif us ur completed masterpiece
happy.gif

nec,
i havent got to misse n mama yet, will b dropping by either tis fri or nxt wkend after my fitting :p i juz realised dat i oso havent lost enuff weight, wait all my fats can b seen spilling out frm d CS :p
wah...u loaded woman....a landed property owner wor...

chipydale

Hi mei, dun hav to bring a picture hahaha ...

I've chosen mine from ur album of different designs 1 .. so u can see my bouquet in her album and the photos that she'll be showing you.

Mayb when u get there, u like another design leh ... so go and hav a look i'm sure mine is there too.

uksportgal

morning~~ last nite tried to DIY montage myself.. hahahaha if u want a simple kind.. nothing much just song and with pic flahsing is easy to do....I have uploaded to my multiply.. but got abit prob as in u can only view if u download the original 2min clip.... the display dun know why show only 16sec... I tried upload it many times but still like that hahaha...

~sblbee~

hi morning,
looking forward to gd fri tm to have a gd break! hehe...can finally do some planning wif my fh liao...

uksportgal,
u gals r really on for all these IT stuff, guz im really bad wif all d DIY stuff, will try to do shopping for AP box materials soon n get my fh to do :p

flora_bliss

Jac, we hv to get either a new flat or a resale by end of this yr if we wanna take the HBD loan. Ya, my parent's place is juz 3mins away from the AMK MRT stn. I'm still gonna try for new HDB flat if the location is convenient. I too hv the same concern with you abt selling the hse later at a loss. Very headache with all these worries and issues to think abt.

shybride, the flat will be undergoing lift upgrading this yr. There'll be lift at every level. There's only 4 units in each level. As far as I can see during my 2 visits, the place is clean and the house itself is rather well maintain. I agree that the house may be a little dirty. that's why at the minimum I'll hv to do the paintwork.

Y Kim, I've seen countless flats in AMK. Mainly those tat are 4XX, 5XX and 7XX. But I've not seen those en-bloc ones.

Meiling, a lot of my frens say that the prices of resale unit in places like AMK, Bishan and Toa Payoh will not be dropping. Most likely it's gonna be stagnant at current level. Even if drop, it'll only be a drop in valuation price for abt 20-40K. COV will not be affected tat much. It can be quite true since the new HDB flat at Toa Payoh (those unfurnished ones tat we saw in Feb) already cost so high.

~sblbee~

flroa bliss,
it's really a headache to buy resale as d COV is not recoverable....my fh is keen on d amk dbss, sigh...i dun wana think of a flat now when so many of my wedding stuff not settled, think i'll go bonkers :p
i dun think i'll commit so much cash in cov as i think d $ can b put to better use in other wedding purposes...juz hope dat i can get a new flat directly frm hdb n it'll solve my prob :p

elimyong

Hi Jna &amp; Green

I got a Emcee finally, i find this couple is not bad and they also have game for your guest and you too. The most important thing is they are not expensive.

U may contact Kelly contact number 96418137.

uksportgal

hahaha is very easy to do...
happy.gif
just click click click :p

AP box~~~ hahahaha you going to DIY?? All along I also think I will DIY le.. then suddenly that day I dig out my contract and see actually the hotel got provide.. thinking if I should be lazy just get theirs or DIY myself.... hahahhaha :p

nelle

crossed eye liao!!!

flora, sometimes, when you see the view is nice, it is tempting. But, if you and husband work from morning till evening, after work, darn tired liao. Weekends go out/overseas/housework. How many times do you actually enjoy the view?