(2008) Brides of year 2008

msclaire

nec, most of the CS i asked about started at 200+...one of them was below 100 even. safely speaking most of them are probably around 328 and above....it all depends on design n fabric. they are abt 3/4 to full length....

dodolet

nec, I think the long ones are about 300+ to mtm. there are some ready made liao. If you are the normal size should be able to get it off the rack and alter to fit your figure abit.

I am starting to feel nua. Don't feel like doing anything. >.<~ Well at least the places used for the weddings are booked. The rest, I guess later go and find still not that bad.

I am hoping for hdb price to drop de next 2 quarters. Every where is darn expensive to stay now.

Nec, who is C and who is E?

~sblbee~

flora bliss,
hmmm...gd luck! hope u can get ur ideal unit soon so it'll b another thing off ur mind
happy.gif

~sblbee~

providencia,
i saw ur CS le...it's so swt, i like d bottom part wif d curvy cuts...where did u get tis frm? how much? :p ur sketch pics of ur wg is so pretty
happy.gif

mary_poppins

Oh yar, I am also airport runway. But my BS nv say anything about nu bra or something to boost my area. It does not help when my close friends and colleagues and friends are D and above... Do share with me more info on that area ok. Thanks!

tinkybell

Hi Girls, u all discussing abt AP box??? i tot of DIYing but kinda give up the idea now cos i doubt it will be easi, shall see how cos Hubby might wanna take charge of it..

Meiling, do share with us ur purchase yeah....

as for corsages, i have been surfing for it but the price seems steep, anyone have good lobang to share??

uksportgal, ur montage look quite professional ley... i will try to download it at hm n watch the complete thingy...

Lex,Meiling,Koyoyo, talking abt my last fitting, i couldn't find the ideal EGs after trying on several. so my cordinator proposed MTM, which i told her that would be my last choice. i requested to try more OTR EGs while she further persuaded me to MTM, i somewhat get piss n told her my real concern reason of not MTMing. my hubby who was around sense that i was kinda irritated and explain the siutation to her.

when i spoke to her to fix an appointment for my next fitting, she was already kinda cold towards me.. the same goes for the telephone conversation yesterday.

i kinda know that other brides have confirm all their gowns in their 1st n 2nd fitting but i am returning for the 4th round. perhaps i was the one who is fussy, but cant i have the exception cos this gown will be wear for my AD.

i am trying not to be affected by it is really difficult..

ykls

hi providencia, no problem you check and see. I also airport runway thats why the Jap bras are wonderful! Haha, you all want to see pics ma maybe I take pic of the ones that I have then show you all, super duper padded?

hi meiling, no problem
happy.gif
yup so sad cannot take MM I miss all the ladies at the thread so nice now my venue thread like so quiet haiz... i still go MM thread and see haha

hi nec, haha because jap beri funny one they all take the cup measurement exterior that means e.g. a C cup then plus padding if you measure outside becomes E cup so they take that. I was also shocked when I went there they gave me 2 size bigger to try I thought she was being sarcastic haha but I am not C la.

hi floral bliss, ya lor the lions! I also have the same problem now I pray my appraisal come late haiz.. my colleagues think I am crazy why dun want appraisal. I also will give BE one last chance I applied Jan one if dun get buy my mum house la dun care already but also must pay valuation price + COV.

hi marry poppins, thank you for your advice too at MM thread! So nice to see so many MM brides here. I change to lunch so not taking MM le because even lunch they want me to take 25 tables at least to get the ballroom and my coord not very friendly many things also cannot because mine was not Wendy then I also dunno how to ask for a change of coord like not very nice.

ykls

hi msclaire, I think its ok but your fengshui master say must serve both side parents first then can serve relatives?

hi jac, haha but she got spy ma my cousin my jiemei so she sure ask her one.

necrosis

provid,
i also wanna see your nice nice CS....
how and where to see leh?

sotong,
i've not seen the gals and i don't think on the first meeting we shld ask who is C and who is E! lol...of cos, those la senza buying ones will prob know ;)
hee...

oh, $350 for a CS is not that affordable to me.
cos number of occassions to use will be very limited and i'm the jean-t-shirt kind... =)
and i'm not a normal size...maybe normal xl bah...but i think CS only fits S and M. :p

flora,
if you and FH really really like the flat, then get it.
no point ya settle for a more value-for-money one but ya not so sastisfied with it...worse, if ya think back and have some small regrets.
altho it's a big ticket item, i think shld go with your heart and head.

mary_poppins

Hi Y Kim, I thought MM coordinators are all pretty good. It's ok lah, since you made the decision to hold it elsewhere, don't look back. So where are your holding your lunch banquet?

ykls

hi marry poppins, hmm maybe my not a lot of tables so she not very enthu and she is also new I never see anyone taking this coord also. I holding mine at Marriott but many hidden costs unlike MM.

gingerbread_gal

Flora,
I agree with the rest...if you and your HTB think that is THE flat, then go ahead and get it...so for this flat, you are okay with the reno? How much r u expecting to pay for the reno if you get this flat?

Y Kim,
What kind of hidden costs will be expected from Marriott....

Erm, I think I also need Nubra or the Jap bra....but my gown has the corset sewn inside it...so it seems that I can't wear another bra...
how ah?

Oh, so Nec, you don't intend to get a hse with your HTB in S'pore? Does that mean that you have plans to go overseas when you both are done with your stint in S'pore?

Actually, I'm wondering if we should get a flat also...cos I def will be going overseas to work...but HTB has to finish his bong with SAF for 4 years first...

uksportgal

Tinky you got pic of your fitting??

you paid so you are always right :p even meaning we wanna get 100round of fitting they also can not dun serve u ma... anyway u also did not make their life difficult.. is just fitting is not like MTM then u change and change right?? then what happen to those want to MTM and keep changing.. that one worst right?? dun worry all the girls here support u
happy.gif
must find the one u really like and confotable with
happy.gif

By the way they ask u MTM need to add money right?? some more MTM is only ask u paid u wear once and become their stock.. they no new gowns of coz ask u MTM lor... they benefit ma

polarwhite80

hi tinkybell,

i found a website which sells corsages quite reasonable price.... $3 - $5.... http://*lower*an.multiply.com/
replace * wif "f"

me kinda of regretted leh.... cos i bought my corsages material liao then saw the website.... else i sure order from them wan.... save me from sewing 1 by 1.... hahaha....

nectarine

hihi

think i didn't make myself very clear. it's more like 8 jiemeis...of which, one will be the main person helping me. =)

oh i thot of just asking them to follow a certain colour theme actually..but then becoz i attended another friend's wedding and all the jiemeis found it difficult to find a suitable dress of the stipulated colour. so i thot..take the easy way out and make the dresses instead.

but still at a very initial stage...so yah..maybe will just ask them to follow a certain colour...haha.

lovebytemi

Been a long time since i popped in here. Miss u girls but i guess we rarely pop in after our wedding loh.. =P

Anyone expecting a bump already?

luvz17

seems that the jap bra can do wonder..it is the saviour for us...haha...what brand??

ykim, i mean what is the cash they are asking for the 27yrs blk? u mentioned they ask for 420k rite? what is the breakdown of valuation n cash? 400k + 20k?...and i personaly will not consider en bloc blk coz i dun want the hassle to move here n there. And i think $40k is too high for any resale flats, unless it is really new reno, fully furnish n matches ur concept..coz it means u will oni do very minimal reno. other than that...for me, i wun pay as high as $40k.

4 hrs---need to fetch me, go hubby plc, my plc, and new house..plus take outdoor photo in between. we thought of taking photo after everything is over, but then i will be wearing kua already..i dun want...want to wear WG for photo...so must squeeze time.

flora, yes i agree to ur statement. coz of previous heat, all sellers think big..want to have high cov without taking into account of the house condition. that is why, try asking their last offer received..maybe they ask for $40k, but if last offer only $20k, u can offer slightly higher than that...unless they sae non-negotiable. still got time...

meiling, i pm u already.. dun really know much on the flat. maybe u call my agent directly. according to him, the owner hasn't decide how much to ask for. if u r available, maybe just go down n see first. then get the agent to keep u updated on the $$ matters.

nec, ur hubby doesn't stay in Sg at all?

wendily

hEe hee.. Got so fast anot.. but then why not hor...

Definately not me though.. i just switched job.. i think a couple of years more bah...

anyway, something concidence to share. I met a bride on this forum, and it happens that her AD is the same as mine, and what's more, she stay next blk only!

And i actually met her on the AD itself. Didn't say Hi as i do not know her then. Now when i recall, i know who!

LOL!

~sblbee~

polarwhite,
im going to order frm her too....today going to meet my JMs n asked them wat designs they like...n den order d signature pens frm her as well...
i oso more or less settled my wine purchase leh...yeah!

tinkybell,
hey, dun get upset over ur coordinator, my coordinator oso pissed cos i kept changing my mua in d beginning, i think i changed 3-4 times den she sorta pissed wif me but i dun care...now eveyrthing's still ok mah :p u must b happy wif ur choice n not wat they forced upon u :p
sure...i'll share wif u wat i got but most prob, i'll end up buying otr....im simply too lazy le, if can settle wif $ one, i sure lazy to buy...d website dat polar shared they have range frm $1.50 to $5, im gona order d $3.50 or $3.80 one ba cos it suits my JMs' dresses :p

~sblbee~

polar,
think she's d cheapest so far cos i searched at least 10 webbies liao, hers is nice n cheap, rcved many gd feedback frm my frens who used her, she'll make a sample for ur viewing b4 she proceed so it's gd...highly recommended
happy.gif

tinkybell

Hi Polar, thanks for the info, i will go n take a look... initially i was like u, wanan make corsages myself but after working out the cost, i tink buy direct is cheaper...

uksportgal, the corsages i saw are between the price range of $6.90 to $8.90, which i personally think is on the high side. btw, i have uploaded my 3rd fitting pic in multiply.

polarwhite80

hi tinkybell,
try that website.... i think the price reasonable n she even allows u to add pearls/crystals/beads etc... dun like the feather, can change to ribbon or lace..... practically is like wat i am doing for my JMs lor.... sighz.... shldnt have too fast legs n hands.....

~sblbee~

mary poppins,
have added u le....both on facebook n multiply
happy.gif

y kim,
actually i feel dat my oct n tis thread is v active as compared to my bs n banquet thread...so it's really gd to b hanging ard here wif so many brides chatting n sharing stuff abt wedding
happy.gif

mariott's not bad as well so im sure u'll b a satisfied customer
happy.gif

lurvz17,
thanks for ur pm! i'll discuss wif my fh 1st...

~sblbee~

polarwhite,
i nearly ordered d feather one leh but i changed to d laces n ribbon one...see wat they like :p
my frens r so cute...they said wana give me a wedding gift so asking for a pic of me n my fh :p

ykls

hi jac, like got to pay for theme if I want evening themes, food tasting and wedding favors. Haiz..but the consolation is I like the place la because high ceiling and long march in so FH say never mind lor since we like.

hi luvz17, oh its about 395-400k valuation and 20k COV. Hmm, ya true but then resale flats at good location all asking for COV 30k min so I also dunno what to do now. My area at Clementi people also asking for 30k so maybe thinking of buying from mum since my blk just beside the MRT. Will give up on AMK, so now cannot live near Sis anymore.

hi meiling, ya this thread is active get more responses and easier to ask for feedbacks same with the dec thread I went also
happy.gif
Ya like it except for the cost my sis also held hers there 3 years ago.

Gals, can use this to check http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bb33/ispm051p.nsf/Search HDB last resale transaction.

pinkcupcake

wah! didn't expect Mrs Teo's services to be so good, with corsages and even an album for us to pick and choose. ya,must definitely check her out!thanks to all who have been so generous in sharing information here!

have a happy long weekend!
happy.gif

polarwhite80

meiling,
think lace n ribbon wan will be nice leh... eh, once u have the photos, upload n let me see.... let me hammer heart a bit.... hahaha....

so nice &amp; sweet of ur freds....

~sblbee~

polarwhite,
sure, she's out of town now...i'll confirm wif my frens tonite n den confirmed my order wif her, wonder if it'll b too early to buy my pens now....seems kinda kiasu :p

nelle

Property prices will keep escalating. This is the price we have to pay for a good economy.
Or else we'll be like the US -low property prices but going into depression.

The (maybe) good news is, sellers asking of cash is likely to go down from 3rd quarter to next year. However the property valuation will be going up.

mary_poppins

Hi Y Kim, so long as you two like it, it's good enough. Marriott is a good hotel too.

Hi Meiling, thanks. I will accept your invitation when I go home.

shi40lin

providencia, wat is your facebook/multiply id?
I also wanna see your CS sketch.

This is my contacts:
Facebook email: [email protected]
Multiply id: linn
Keke do add me ya!

Jac, you've given up the flat ya? Anyway u still have hope for your BE. U mentioned you will be working overseas? For long?

I've went MM for my company CNY lunch and i think the food there is very very nice lor. So regret that time din even thot of looking for MM for my wedding banquet...haha...

Gals, i've tripped and fell down in the meeting room just now lor. So painful the knee now. Both got bruised and i scare will remain scars lor... boo hoo...

mary_poppins

Hi Meiling, my calibre also can call chio babe... Gosh, every ladies are chio already. You are always so kind with your words. Anyway there's no ugly girls but lazy girls in this world.

Hi xinglin, careful... I also very clumsy so always have scars and bruises here and here. Sounds like many people have good impression of MM. Actually I would have preferred to use GWP but cannot because of the ballroom capacity and the doubts on their service level.

ykls

hi marry poppins, thank you
happy.gif
I am signing my contract next week but till now I still ask my FH will MM get back to me maybe give me the ballroom haha jialat, I really like the ambience there where you can overlook the lift area.

hi meiling, hehe ya there are so much info here! but so sad I just stumble into this thread haiz.. feel a bit loss also.

hi xinglin, oh how you fell? Better quickly apply medicine bcos knee area keep moving so sure painful one.

flora_bliss

Last min update! My agent juz called and said someone actually offer 525K for the flat tat I'm eyeing on. This is 5K more than the counter-offer that the owner made to me. Die lah, now got competition. And I can't commit coz I need HDB to advise if my appeal to get HDB loan and grant is approved. Need to wait at least 1-2 weeks. My agent is fighting for us to get the owner to wait for us before making any decision.

Gals, if you wanna add me on FaceBook or MSN, the email I used is [email protected]

shybride

nec my BS is the wedding present.. PG is andrew tay from the edge

meiling, we didn't take a single photo ourselves.. haha :p muz wait till we meet up with PG lor..

raragal

green> normally its about 2 weeks before... but mine is 1 Sep..and its the 8yue chu 2. So wont be doing GDL in 7 yue. so gotta be earlier in July which is chinese 6 yue loh..
happy.gif

waxie> hahah.. u meant u yet to set date ah??

soyabeans> great!! that'll be cool..hopefully not those alot of words one...but straight to the point kind... hehehe.... but also up to our parents what they want..both my side say simple will do...only need the bare min.. hehe..
happy.gif

raragal

rene> I'm afraid there's no website for browsing.. but u can refer to my multiply on some of the designs that i liked and took picture on... they do simple layout for u... if u wanna include ur PS photos, its RM$20 for each picture u wanna include..
happy.gif

You can just go there and see see loh..they have many albums of samples... but not really website leh... cheap things still website then ex liaoz. hehe..
happy.gif

today was quite a good weather... my coll went for OD PS..
happy.gif

waxie24

rach> no dates for my GDL yet wor.. best part is meet the parents session not done yet. wahaha..

soyabeans> the site will be great, especially for ppl like me (last minute-er).. haha..

btw.. GDL is any day or have to be auspicious as well?? i jus bought my wedding bedsheet (maroon colour) from BHG.. sintex having up to 50% discount

uksportgal

Hi Tinky, went to see your fitting pic! personally vote for WG4 (u look v nice with it and the design can help you shape figure v good design), WG8 (look very grand and glacious, EG4 (v high class but black your parents ok? it will go very well if u have bling bling jewellery/accessories it will stand out)

Choosing gown is fun hor hahah like fashion show

skyea

Hi ladies!

Went for my re-scheduled PS today. Really thankful that the weather was good. It was very tiring but fun at the same time.
happy.gif

Kittyng, all the best for your OD PS tml!

Seems like there are a lot of little things to be done. I'm in the midst of compiling wedding songs now.

gingerbread_gal

xinglin,
We have intention to go overseas to work after the next 4 years....so guess we'll get a hse here then rent it out during the period we're away?
Ya, won't be taking that mais....i gotta be really desperate to pay so moch COV, no $$$ for it at all....

So anyways, the plan is for us to stay at my place if we didn't manage to get flat from HDB then wait for HTB to settle into his job before looking for resale flats. Although this plan sounds good, I can't help wishing for a place of our own cos it just feels so significant for us to set up our own lovenest after our wedding.

xinglin, how r ur knees now? Be careful ya? btw, I just added you on multiply.

mary poppins, sotong and providencia and others in these thread that i've missed out, any multiply acct whereby I can add you?

Flora,
then how??? Is it possible that its a trick? to get you to pay more COV? i'm so evil...thinking abt all these things.
So what happens if you can't get HDB loan? have to settle for bank loan right? Is a bank loan gonna be ok with your pay increments?