(2007) Brides of year 2007

qiqi09

thanks everyone..
happy.gif

smilez, i also feel like going for a short trip but my hubby cant go away.. maybe thinking book a hotel a sentosa for weekend.. Jav must hv recognize u as the care taker... so his daddy is his playmate?

kaye, u must hv been tired taking care of sick Claire coz she must hv stick to u.. got to take care of urself also...

jazol, how hv u been?

meie

Hello Everyone,

Super bo eng the past week.. now things are getting better, I know my baby's pattern, so can come in chit chat a while now.
happy.gif
Today is day 13.. quite fast.. soon it'll be manyue, cannot wait to bring Devon out shopping!

von
Congrats! Wow.. so fast coming one month already, end of your confinement tomorrow!
happy.gif

I am on total BF now.. my milk supply came in the next day after I poured out my woes here... guess my massage lady's massage helps clear the milk ducts, plus the soups my CL has been brweing for me everyday.

I latch on totally... so I also wake up at night to feed him.. quite tiring but very fulfilling when I see Devon smacking his lips... haha
happy.gif

Devon was hospitalised twice for his jaundice.. 2nd time I was ok.. it was my hubby who was sad! Haha.. but everything's fine now.. his jaundice level dropped when we went back for follow-up.

kaye & smilez
Check with you regarding jab... did you gals take those 5-in-1, 6-in-1 jabs for your babies?

I have updated my blog, free you gals can go take a look.

qiqi09

Mei, welcome back.. with babies around time really fly right.. glad that u successfully start Bf...

Von, congrats on Janelle's full month!!

tryphena

piglet, i m fine. lately, i hv been busy with church events n work. its a good idea to go for a short trip b4 giving birth.

von, congrats on ur bb girl's manyue. finally can get out of the house n hv a good shower.

mei, glad to hear that u r eating well. its impt to be able to eat well so cn BF.

kaye, hws claire now?

smilez, hw r u getting on?

its been awhile that jhoo hasnt cum in.

mrsgan123

thanks ladies... sunday was janelle man yue.. wooo was a busy day tot only invited a few friends.. haa..

Finally yesterday i stepped out of this house.. but back to my mama's place.. haaa... but my mom insist me to continue with the confinement food as she says i doesnt look very good and tired... but my mil says dont need liao.. she is tired of cooking...
happy.gif
i also sick of eating of what she cooked... for the past one month.. i have - breakfast 2 half bolided eggs / mee sian; lunch and dinner giner chicken/pork/fish.. that's all.. nothing else.. no soup nothing... in order to let myself have milk to feed janelle, i take milo 3 to 4 times adays.. make me fat but no choice..

mrsgan123

piglet, okok... we will keep each other updated on the result..

and i agreed with jazol, it's good idea to go for a short trip b4 giving birth... yesterday me and my husband went back to TMC for janelle 1mth jab... after that we tot of going to have bat ku teh, but think of janelle with us, troublesome.. then we head back immediately.. haiz.. i dont dare to think of any holidays at this point of time.

kayemoss

HAllo!

Claire has recovered liao. Now, she s back at my Mum's pl being the usual cum cheeky self.

Smilez, the infant care center is called The Children's Haven located at HDB Hub. Its not bad but unfortunately Claire dun really like it coz she has to fight with other babies for toy & attention. Plus got one boy always like to provoke her. So, my chilli padi retaliate by biting him!

Mei, u good leh!! Total breast feeding!!! On the jabs, i went for the 5-in-1 & 6-in-1. They are both the same, only 6-in-1 includes the 3rd booster of Hep B.

Von, actually hor.. Now Janelle still young, can bring her out easily... coz she will sleep , poo & eat only... Somemore if breastfeeding, no need to bring bottles etcc...

Wow, if i will to bring Claire out now, i think i must find ways & means to entertain her to prevent her from tearing places down.

Dun worry abt getting fat, trust me u will regain back ur figure by the time your babies turn 6 mths old.. But, fats at the tummy & butt are here to stay!
sad.gif

mrsgan123

mei, yap i had been taking fenugreek prescrib by my gynae since week 1.. but the supply doesnt seems to be alot..
happy.gif

kaye, true.. now she will sleep, poo and eat.. yesterday i didnt bring out the stroller.. so was carrying her through out.. then my husband suggested that i eat, he carry and he eat i carry.. haaa.. ended up both of us think is to troublesome.. haaa

ooo... now i'm still got 5 more kgs to lost.. and of cos the fats on the tummy... haiz... i think i will have a hard time with that fats..

mei, my PD told me that the diff btw 5in1 and 6in1 is the 2nd hepB jab.. either ur bb take it in 1st mth then u will go with 5 in 1.. or missed the 1st mth jab and take 6in1 in the 2nd mth.

tryphena

von, u shld continue to take nourish food, cos its better to build up ur body after giving birth and b4 u go back to work. tat time during my mini confinement, my mum oso ask me to eat for abt 1 month so u shld continue to eat. mayb ask ur mum to cook thn u go back to drink lor esp soup

kayemoss

Von, must bring stroller... If not, ur arms will be tired from carrying her for long!

Yup, must still take confinement food for another 1-2 weeks to build up strength. Alternatively, drink one table spoon of DOM before u go to bed lor.

Generally, after 3 mths, our babies re more manageable. When they reached the 6 mths mark, they re very cute.. Now, Claire is at the super active cum responsive stage.

qiqi09

wow gald to see more post here.. hehe

Von, my sister also had her full month on sunday.. heehe.. now i will always remember janelle's birthday..
happy.gif
i agree that u must drink more soup... some pple believe that confinement is 40days.. so u still can continue eating nutrition food.. and maybe ask ur mum make more soup for u.. also can drink chicken essense... some more u still breast feeding.. must still eat nutritious food...

Mei, i admire u too.. i hope i can hv enough determination to fully breast feed next time..

kaye, claire must be happy to go back to her granny's place.. she really chill padi.. hehee.. she bite the boy..

mummies, i tot 6in1 only 3 injections and 5in1 need 5 jabs right??

meie

It's not easy to TBF, especially latching-on exclusively. Now I know why people say you need a lot of petience & perserverence. But everytime I feel like throwing in the towel, I'll look at my baby & think what I'm doing is the best for him. Haha.. can't imagine me being like that... the wonders of Motherhood.
happy.gif

mrsgan123

haaa.. mei, i agree with you.. TBF is not easy... need lots of patience and perservence... like my girl.. she will latch for 10 to 20 min one side and fall asleep... no matter how i wake her, she just cant be bothered.. then she wake up 1hr later to demand for feed... now, knowing her pattern, i latch her one side and pump out the other side, after she latched the 1st side, i bottle feed the EBM. In this way then can last her for 3hrs...

especially night time, have to wake up to feed... wooo.. my husband had throw in the towel and ask me to pass the baby to maid to take care in the night. On monday night, I'm so pissed off and moved to study room with janelle and let him enjoy his undistrub sleep.. the next morning he feel so sorry and says want to bring me out for a good dinner and will never let me out of the room with bb again.. haha.. if he cant tahan, then he will move to study room himself.. :p

kayemoss

Piglet, no lah.... the jabs not like that one

Claire's jabs as below:
Newborn - Hep B + BCG
1st mth - Hep B
2nd mth - Prevenar + Rota
3rd mth - 5 in 1
4th mth - 5 in 1 + Prevenar + Rota
5th mth - 6 in 1 + Prevenar

Will be bringing her for the next Prevenar next mth when she is 1 yr old!

kayemoss

Von, at least your hubby will feel guilty!!

Claire will also fall asleep at my breast when i was BF her. Sometimes she also suckle for comfort.

mrsgan123

heee... cos i told him... i may not be the best mummy but i'm trying my best to be a mummy.. i want to give my best to janelle.. if he is not supportive it's ok, but dont be discouraging. haaa

but can understand his pain... distrubed nights, worked, study in the night.. it is very tiring... so do i, but at least i can have my nap in the day time.
happy.gif

mrsgan123

so cute.. yap yap.. cheeky clarie.. haha..

i have no idea why janelle just dont fall alseep in my room in the night time, i craddle her carry her feed her from 8pm till 12am she refused to sleep by 12.30am she will starts to scream and wake my mil up, once her granny carry and craddle and she will sleep very well from 1am till 5am (last feed was at 11pm) in her room for the past one week. was very stressful. tot maybe is becos of the aircon, switch off the air con one night, but it doesnt work. then my husband was keep telling me that let her sleep with her granny... since everyone can have a good night rest there... come to think of it, true.. so i let it be... but everynight, i will still try my best to put my baby to sleep in my room with me... until 12+am she starts to scream... any ideas how to solve this?? i wish to take care of my bb at night when i returned to work, so if she refused to sleep with me, that means one whole day i will not be able to see her..

qiqi09

morning ladies,

kaye, Claire so cute..
happy.gif
the photo is taken very nicely..

Von, dunno y.. my nephew also suffer from the same fate as u.. when my sister move back to her in-law's place to stay after confinement, her son i think not use to the place also quite cranky at night.. her mil just go over to her room and carry my nephew to her room to sleep but still her son never keep quiet in her room. so she will ask my sister to bring her son to the doc to check y he like that.. her mil will carry him over and only give him to my sister when it is feeding time.. my sister felt somehow that her son is being taken away.. now my sister stay alternate days at my mum place but when she need to go back to her in-law's place to stay, can see that she very sad.. i felt so sad for my sister.. sometime my sister also feel the same as u.. let her husband rest.. but still she still feel sad without her son at night..

kayemoss

Piglet thank for saying the pix taken very nicely!! I took it!! *Hao Lian* :p

Von, did ur MIL do any special bedtime ritual with Janelle, like singing song or tell her things? And u observe ur MIL room surroundings and see what is different from yours?

Piglet, tell ur sis not to be sad okie. Babies have phrases one. I tell u, before our babies are born, we already have a strong bond with them. Plus if got breastfeed (regardless of time period), the bond is even stronger.

They know who is the Mother. Claire prefers me to my Mum even though my Mum is the main caregiver for her.

Oh, just a note. I always talk to Claire when she is a baby. Let her know ur tots, like Von can tell JAnelle, "Mama is upset that u wanna sleep with Ah Ma instead of me blah blah... "

They know one and they will react.
happy.gif

Another tip, gently stroke their head to lull them to sleep and they love it!
happy.gif

meie

Hi Gals

I agree, it's tough taking care of a newborn. But like what Claire says & my other mummy friends.. it'll get better over time, so do take heart.

My Devon also refuses to sleep in the day anymore & I am latching him on nearly every 1.5 hours.. it's really tough but I know it'll get better over time. & yes, talking to baby helps.. sometimes when Devon wails, I'll look him in the eye & talk to him gently.. & somehow he'll calm down.. doesn't work all the time though.. lol. I guess it all boils down to knowing your baby's 'style' & adapting to it. For Devon, so long as he is well fed (not a drop less of milk, he needs to be fed just nice) then he'll be ok, so now I let him spend more time at my breast till he falls asleep.

I'm counting down to the end of my confinement.. just 7 days more to go, can't wait to bring him out to see the world!
happy.gif

kaye
Wow.. your picture of Claire looks pro leh! Very nice!!

kayemoss

Mei, that pix was just one of those moments must capture! I was playing peek a boo with her at my living room. Hehe *So proud* Endure endure and u can go out soon!!!

Von, just realised something. Post pix of Janelle!!!!

Newborn usually eat, sleep, pee & poo alot now.

Now Claire is going thru a phrase whereby she dun want to sleep, dun want to poo on the potty and dun want other MEN (my dad) to carry her except my hubby!

qiqi09

haha.. kaye, the pics is really nice...
happy.gif
worth to be proud..

oh ya.. we have not see Janelle's photo..

wah kaye, ur gal super proud now.. hahaha...

my sister know how to take care.. but the problem is her mil like to monitor her take care.. and make comment here and there.. poor sister..

kayemoss

Piglet, yalor... Claire pretty dao one...

Actually hor, my MIL also likes to give her 2 cents worth of comments on the way i raised Claire esp during my confinement!

I was quite depressed coz u got to deal with the body changes, lack of sleep, lack of hygenic maintenance.. The worst thing u need is 2 cents worth of advice.

Ultimately, the mother will make the decision. So ask ur sis to stick to her guns and ask ur bro in law to tell the MIL. My Mama told me that dun like their comments must speak up, if not the Mother suffered then cant take care of the baby.

That's my Mum personal experience & advice to me!

kayemoss

Now i know if i ever have a 2nd child, i will state my ground and eat whatever i want. And no visitors during the first 2 weeks of confinement!

qiqi09

kaye, my sister is trying to ignore and when she not happy she will tell her husband.. but sometime her husband will say give in to his mum.. i guess she is feeling kind of stress.. hopefully she can find a place and move out soon..

Von, Janelle looks lovely.. her eyes are lovely.. double eyelid.. so pretty..
happy.gif

smilez

Mei, so happy to hear tat u r on TBF already. Well-Done!!

Kaye, thks for the infant care contact. Claire is so cute now. Agreed with the ladies tat this pix is very well taken.
Jav prefers my MIL, my FIL instead of me when he wants to play.

Von, maybe u wan to bring back the pillow or bloster tat Janelle is using at ur MIL place to ur home as well? So they got the same 'smell'. Janelle looks cute. See the double eye-lid and double-chin
happy.gif

Jazol, me good!!
Had resigned from my previous job since 2 wks back.
Fired my bbsitter and got a maid instead to help with Jav.
Came back from club med bintan with Jav & my PIL this wk. We had a great time. Share some photos
happy.gif

777180.jpg
777181.jpg
777182.jpg

kayemoss

Smilez, wow.. What did ur babysitter do? Tell us the story when u re free!

Javier looked so happy! Does he pull off the sunglasses? I think if its Claire, confirm the sunglasses dunno go where!

Von, u looked so pretty!!! PRetty Mama & Pretty Janelle! Oh, i kpo... How u choose Janelle Chinese name?

Mei, what s the chinese name for Devon? KPO also!! haha

Piglet, think hor if possible u talked to ur bro in law and tell him that its not easy for ur sis to deal with her changing body, baby and stuff. The worst thing she needs is another nagging mouth or stuff. It just adds on to stress. Me speaking from personal experience.

I was so anti social when i m in my confinement... Dunno cried how many times liao.. So, its not easy for ur sis... Somemore, staying with the MIL.... Lagi stressed! But but, see our babies... SURE EVERYTHING LOUSY WILL BE GONE!

mrsgan123

thanks ladies..
happy.gif
Janelle doesnt has double eyelid when she is born... she only got it after the 4th day..
happy.gif
hope it stay with her haaa... and yes... double chin.. my husband keep saying my photographing skill is so lousy..
happy.gif

kaye, janelle chinese name is calculated by you long zi based on her birthdate. he gave us 12 2nd char and 12 3rd char to mix and match. den we select and match the char we wanted.

mrsgan123

smilez, the pillows used are the same for janelle in my mil rm and mine. now trying very hard to put her to sleep in my room. able to do ao these 2 days.. but she only sleep at 1am.. super tired... and wake up at 3/4am for milk and then 7/8am for the next feed... when she is with my mil, she can sleep till 6am then wake up for milk. haiz...

jav seems to enjoying himself... cutie

smilez

my bbsitter .. lots tell lies, keep taking time off, keep gg on leave, put him in front of tv, let him wail for a long time. Basically she dun realli love kids. Ever since I look after him myself he is a much happier and more smiley baby.
So fried her and got a maid. But maid different set of issues.

Von issit Janelle sleep too much during the day?
How much milk is she drinking now? wat's the interval?
i read somewhere tat if bb wakes up often during the nite, it could mean tat she needs more milk during the day?

Ya, Jav realli went on vacation. Ha!! 4 adults to entertain him the whole day.

Kaye, Jav initally pull off both his hat n sunglasses n slam it to the floor. But it is quite glaring so he willingly wore it after we praise him a few times. ha!

qiqi09

kaye, i dunno how to raise the issue to my bil.. but think i will try to hint him...

Von, i am sure janelle's double eyelid will stay with her.. she sure wil hv pretty eyes..
happy.gif
how much did you pay for you long zi to calculate? i am still thinking wat name to give my son.. my husband will think of chinese name.. but he wans the word En which is abit difficult for boy... we are thinking of naming him Tian En... english name is my job.
happy.gif
hvnt done much thinking..

Von, not sure isit all grandma hv magic hands.. sometime me and my sister try to comfort my nephew but he dun seems to get settled.. but once my mummy carry, he will seems to be so comforted in her arms..

Smilez, wow seems like u and jav both enjoyed the break..
happy.gif
jav is so cute!! so now u leave ur maid with ur fil? me also going to start looking for a maid too.. which agency did u go to? isit good?

kayemoss

Smilez, wow so bad ah... Everything has their problem... but at least maid hor.. U can monitor at home.. Guess babies like to be praised, Claire also will willing let us clip her hair if we praised her to be pretty!

Piglet, Tian En sounds easy and meaningful!

Von, mabbe ur MIL more experienced in carrying baby... Claire also more settled in my Mum's arms. Claire dun let me to cradle her to sleep but if its my Mum, she s ok with it. Wait, sounds crude... Is your MIL more well endowed than u? If yes, its true lor.. coz my Mum more well endowed than me... got more meat at the chest... More secured!

kayemoss

Piglet, then better dun! Claire 's chinese name was selected based on the book we borrowed from the library.

The book got mentioned that the surname and the rest of the name must go hand in hand.

qiqi09

oh.. interesting book.. kaye, u remember the book name? maybe i go library see see... but my hubby like the name alot.. still thinking..

mrsgan123

janelle drinking amt, i have no idea cos had been latching her. but usually she will suck for about 20 min on one side and less than 5 min on the other (maybe not on the side)... and feeding on 2 to 3 hrs interval.

in the day time, i will try to wake her up at least 2 to 3 hours.. then abt 8pm to 9pm my mil will play with her and talk to her. 9pm will let her lie down to settle down.. 10.30pm last feed.. but usually will need to patpat till 1to2am then she fall asleep... yesterday she managed to fall asleep at 11pm.. i was very happy.. but then she woke up every 2 to 3 hrs for milk... haiz...

piglet, we paid 100 for you long zi. have to call him and give him the baby details than drop by 2 to 3 days later to collect and listen to his explaination.

kayemoss

Piglet, i think hor.. U can go to the library and checked out the titles in their system and based on the DDC no (those no on the books) to check them out. That book is written in Chinese.

There r many ways to give our child a name. Got based on characters, birth dates & stuff. But the book did mention that name is impt but the most impt is how as parents we upbring the child.

Von, the nurse at the polyclinic told me that by 1 mth, the milk feed shd be ard 3-4 hours, cannot be too frequent even though that time, i was breastfeeding Claire. Must admit for a gal, Claire is a big drinker. And realised that she inherited this from my hubby side of family coz my SIL told me that her gal also drunk that much!

Imagine when Claire was 3 mths old, she was drowning 180ml of FM per feed and our PD was surprised to hear that.

qiqi09

kaye, my chinese very poor.. haha.. i will go try to see if i can find any books from the library this weekend.. hee..

my nephew is also a big drinker.. now he is drinking 100ml of milk but it doesnt last him 3hrs.. sometime abt 2.5hrs he will cry for milk.. my sister is bringing him to PD today coz he is coughing now will ask PD on his milk consumption also.. hee..

Von, did u get any reply for ur appeal? my sister hvnt get any reply yet.. i think alot of pple write in.. can u give me you long zi contact? will ask my hubby if he wants to calculate.. thanks..
happy.gif

kayemoss

Piglet, haha... coz Chinese naming better to read it in Chinese then u can understand.. If in English, sometimes the translation is really KNS!

smilez

Piglet, Tian En sounds nice.
Probably bb noes who is more confident in carrying them. Its ok practise makes perfect.
Nope, I m still at home 'training' the maid. I will sms u the maid agency number. The maid I have so far is from mynamar. She is hardworking just tat language is realli.. TERRIBLE :p

Kaye, ya at least maid i can control to a certain extend.
WAH, Claire drinks 180ml at 3mths? Jav oni drinks 80ml :|
Side-track can u share with me Claire daily feeding schedule.
Cos Jav got a sweet tooth, anything tat is not sweet he dun wan to eat :S

mrsgan123

piglet, nope havent got any reply from them yet. I did call and check, they told me it will takes about 2 mths. So should be end of oct bah.

kaye, wah, 180ml.. how long can last for claire?

kayemoss

Von, 180ml - 3.5 to 4 hours.

Smilez, her feeding schedule now is like that:
5-6am: Water + 210ml of FM
11am-12pm: Porridge
2-3pm: water/fresh apple juice + 210ml of FM (depending on my Mum)
5-6pm: Porridge/ rice cereal
9pm on wards: 210 ml of FM

Claire also none the better, anything not nice or she dun like also dun eat. She will vomit out things she dun like one...