(2007) Brides of year 2007

think_thrice

hi gals, our days are getting nearer and nearer...so don't let the seating arrangement affect your day. I do also encounter the same issue, father didn't want to ask if the relative will be bringing the whole family, worse still, those with maid, I will still need to count in. For my hubby's side, his parents are doing the arrangement, they just tell him how many tables they need, so we can't even foresee that. Whatever it is, just try to remain calm n stay pretty. You wouldn't want to break the record of being the most "black face" bride, right? Stay cheerful!!!
Countdown....2 more daysssssss....

think_thrice

madeline - oh is it? But my P-I-L is a bit traditional, so not sure if they mind. Wanted to get my hubby to hint to them, but also don't know how to ask.

Btw, does anyone knows when taking pictures from each table, does our parents and parents-in-law all need to be present in all tables?

sailor_p

Hi all - it's one more day for me. I'm getting married tomorrow. All the best and stay pretty.
happy.gif

monkie

all the best gals...
no matter what happend, just leave it. focus on the union between u & hubby.

dun let the minortiy jokers spoil ur day.

nix77

BTB... Hope you will enjoy ur BIG DAY to the Fullest. After busy for so long, you gals are waiting for this day... Just Enjoy the process of it... it is fun..

A piece of advise to you. Drink more water as the weather isn't gd.. if not u will be a sick bride like me...
sad.gif

suika

using GARLIC? for? removing the mole??? OMG!!!! that's so smelly....the smell's gonna stay on your for days....i've not heard of that at all

or could it be.... after using garlic, it did not work so u'll b so angry n keep washing n rubbing to remove the smell n eventually rub too hard n it was rubbed off????? HAHAHA....

sorry....juz a stupid joke

vivi77

Hi Rainbow...u need to sleep early lo..i wonder if i can sleep early on that nite...i am the type who always sleep late one...

anyone of you got "shu tou" ceremony before AD?

yuene

Eh I can't leh, I have a rehearsal on that date, they last minute called for it and it's 7-10pm manz! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I wanna eat steamboat!

graceyong

its Ok suika.... its funny when you get so excited over Garlic... but i think it could be... never know.. i will try it soon.... haha after december....

btw, going tomorrow to Joyce Lim Skin Clinic and i will update you ladies on how it is going...
happy.gif

graceyong

Hi all, I got some bridal magazines for sale.

1. Her World bride aug 07 edition
2. Her World bride (malaysia) volumme 4
3. Her World bride march 07 edition
4. Her Bride dec06-feb07 edition
5. Female bride Spring 07 edition
6. Wedding&Travel Jul07 edition
7. The Wedding (indonesia) MeiJune07 edition
8. Bazaar Wedding (indoensia) mei-oct07 edition

ALL just for S$20, email me if interested or ping me: [email protected]

rainbow79

I am not sure of the surcharge.
But even if $50, also have to give lor..no choice cos my AD is very hot...many people getting married.

goldfish1395

Yalo.
I oso find it beri quiet hoh?
Wonder where did everyone go?

Haha.. i thought i was pregnant when i missed my period November. In SI BEI FREAK OUT mode cos i am training for the Standard Chartered Marathon and have been hearing stories that if just conceive and exercise too much, mite miscarraige etc.. keke

Bt in e end, dun haf lo
So RELIEVED lo. Keke

Anyone out there do not have any thots of wanting to have babies huh? I am still indecisive lo

qiqi09

Hi gals, long time no post.. Really busy with work to come in.. Very tired after work n normally brain dead to surf the web..

seems like everyone here is busy with the festive season to come in anyway..

diaodu, yup u saw me in the lift.. Actually i see u a few time before le.. Hee..

sunbelle

hi Cynthia,

my make up artist oso charges me extra $50 leh..hmmhm tinking on top of this charge, are we supposed to give her an ang bao huh?
happy.gif

your wedding date near to mine which is on the 20th dec ...counting down now too onli one more week to go. i am oso in midst of collating the guestlist..shang nao jing realli hahaha
happy.gif
yo, the raininy season takes into account too..guess we have to make rainy plans on our actual dae in case our guests needs umbrellas etc heheh

waht time do u ask your photographer to come on that day morning huh? how muchie ang bao shld we give huh?
happy.gif

mi feel like catching a nap in the hotel room before the dinner that nite..but all my frens say must start the make up at around 5.30pm liao leh ..initially i scheudled to be 6pm then later tink is a bit later....

monkie

hello sunbelle
since yours is dinner, i dun think your hubby need to fetch you so early. for my case is wedding lunch plus solomisation at 11.30am, so we need more time to prepare.

for my MUA, i will give her a small ang pow lor..pray hard that she will do a good job for me.

my photographer come at 6.30, MUA, 6am.

cutienottikitty

let's make so noice here then goldfish..hehe

for me..i also not sure if i should have babies... cos of the cost involved... not sure if i want to have eventually... but at a crossroad cos not getting any younger... and recently readying a lot on singapore motherhood... and the dramas that pple have to go thru b4 they can conceive...

so now just rgistered there..same nick..hehe...so pple will know that it's me!!!

piggydon

Hi gals,

pls indicate what time you knock off on the 18th so that I can set a time to meet. Easier to amke reservations at the makan place also
happy.gif

Currently, if no changes. People attending would be Jazlyn, Jellyfield, Hui, Me.
Its a small number of us . But guess it would be as fun eh
happy.gif
Anyone bringing your hubbies along pls let me know too. Thanks !! Hope to see you all on 18th. Dun fly aeroplane heh :p

padi

I knock off at 6pm! Where are we meeting again?
My hubby can't join us, he'll be in school. Hey must remind me to not to eat too much k! I put on weight after wedding! :p

kks

hi gals

My dinner just over on the 2nd Dec, everything went rather smoothly , weather was great too..Like all brides, i was anxious about the table seating arrangement, guests turnout, actual day events etc, but all turned out smooth and i had a great time ! The hotel staff was really helpful and my hb and i thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, so don't stress yourself too much, everything will turn out fine.

Have fun preparing your big day as much as i had !! Cheerios, fyi, my previous nick was Saro

for my experience, table seating arrangement is the most headache with ppl unable to confirm attendance.. but just treat it as giving them a treat if ang bao falls below expectataion, no point stressing too much cos it might affect your big day !

Err and 1 day before big day, cant sleep much as too excited !! haha

kks

hi agnes

yeap, over liao. my pics not ready yet leh, and i didnt bring my camera... i try to get pics from friends and share okie, but dun worry CC was great !! The staff was fantastic and we really have a deal of a good time. Thumbs up for them ;)

bluberi

Saro, ok ok.. how many tables u haf.. i'm nw one table short from hitting the max 32tables dat the antica ballroom can fit. real headache leh coz my initial plan oni to max haf 28 tables. nw i beri scare guest will bring partners w/o informing us coz we oni haf 1 table reserve left. tis wk muz confirm with Eric liao n we haven got all the rsvp.

cynthia, ur AD also 22dec?

goldfish1395

haha.. i dun mind to be a PR here. I saw previous months brides are still quite actively in their 'forum thread'. Dunno why Oct one so quiet

:p

Hey! Same sentiments leh! I oso abit turned off by the $$$ investment lo. ANd not mentioning the hecticness of getting someone to look after at the initial stage. PIL or Parents may not have the stamina to look after oso..

Headache
:p

Ur hubby keen to have kids first or not? My hubby not keen one lo.. bt he said up to me.

kks

hi agnes

ours was opposite, we hit the max of 32 then i cut cut cut from both sides parents and we had 31 tables which is also like ur current situation. Then, was considering the spare table, then last minute there was some ppl who cant make it , like 3-4 spaces so i tot since got few spare then took a gamble lor, those who bring more w/o informing might not be able to sit together lor. So i had 31tables and no spare. heee.. lucky no relatives brought entourage... shiew...

n as 31 tables so it is indeed cozy... with just enough space to walk .. hehe but dun worry the staff are very professional and will walk u through the whole event, the bridal suite is also very spacious and the bed is very comfy... hehe.. just the hotel a little spartan but overall good for my experience.

Ermmm, one thing is my guests in my opinion drank quite a lot !! In total, we drank 80L beer,48btls red wine n 5 btls hard liquor ... hahaha.. wat a celebration...

Let me know if u need more info and i try to fill you in the details.

bluberi

saro, thanks for filling me up on all these info.

mi n hubby will finalise the no. of confirmed tables tonite or latest by tomorrow. since eric dun work on sat, i'm sure he'll be calling us up by fri liao.

tink most prob we'll be going for 30+2.. coz hubby's colleagues (total 70) got oni 20 said nt coming. i beri scared still haf many will play us out last min after we confirm the tables. *faint*

who's the banquet manager on that day? the bridal suite nice anot?

ur drank so much ar.. the beer drink alot nvm coz is free flow (heard from cornelius free flow oni until 10plus, can tell them to standby some extra jugs though). we oni bought 36bottles of red wine, if not enough we'll get direct fm CC coz it's nt worth paying corkage $15++ for the 37th bottle onwards shd we bring out own extra bottles as tis will be on top of the cost of the red wine. currently we have 11bottles of hard liquor.

for the songs played during march-in, u gave CC ur CDs to play or u haf a fren who's in-charge of all these?

any rehearsal at 5pm?

kks

Hi agnes

ok, here's answers to ur queries, Chris Lum is the manager on that day. A great guy to work with, very accomodating, we had an AV guy and a chief co-ordinator in charge on our side who co-ordinated with Chris and the AV guy from the CC.

We tested all our CDs in advance cos we tested out the projector and DVD player, laptop in advance cos we KS.. scared cock-up.. haha.. then on the AD itself, we just pass the CD to the CC PIC(i think is our chief co-ordinator pass to CC guy ba) not sure of details cos our chief took care of EVERYTHING... haha, so we just relaxed only.. haha but no worries, CC guys are very professional they will take care of everything, u just gotta brief them or if u have any specific requests, let them know.

Plus we had a great team of xiong di and jie mei's so we were basically very well taken care off.. hehe.. we did nothing much really except to entertain guests during cocktail, take pics and look pretty.. hahaha.. so we drank with the xiong di after the whole event which turned out so well.. i didn't drink much during the dinner though, cos was actually siam-ing the calls from colls and frens.. my parents actually drank on my behalf 2 cups of whisky.. woohoo.. haha, my frens were impressed !! haha n i escaped

There is a rehersal at 1730 therabouts where we did a march -in with our flowergals, emcess, march-in song etc.. dry run which was great too.

Oh we used manily CC's wine cos more convenient, no need to ask the xiong di to lug the wine to the hotel.. haha..

bluberi

Saro,

thanks again for the answers to my queries.

looks like i muz appoint an AV guy on my side juz in case.

glad to koe the CC guys are beri professional. i beri worried abt having to drink coz i'm a social drinker.. i dun really drink, tink nt more than 5 times a yr. my hubby's the opp, but he starts toking nonsense once he's drunk.. i hope he spares me fm the embarressment. *haha*

we wanted to save some $$, so we gotten 3 cartons on our own.
happy.gif

cutienottikitty

hehee... i dun mind to be a citizen here...ya lor ya lor.... other ex-btb thread all quite active.... dun know why we oct brides like very the quiet.. is it cos too busy??? =P

my hubby is the one keen on having a bb...cos he almost $40 no more change...hehee... i $30 still have very little chnge.. so i no hurry.... but hb also said up to me... cos he knows that if i am not ready, go into pre-natal depression..and after that post-natal depression..he's the one to suffer..hehe..=P

elitegal

hi everyone!

used to post here..but was too busy..hence, disappeared for quite some time.=)

anyone of you having wedding on 30th?? mine is..18 more days to go! =)

btw..talking abt extra charges for MUA who is coming before 7am, mine is charging me $150 for coming at 3am..quite steep, right?? but now that the taxi fares have gone up, my HB said its still reasonable la..

hey cynthia..

if i din rem wrongly..urs is on 23rd, doing it @ marriott like me, right? hav u chosen ur theme yet? hmm..till now, i had not leh..charlene was telling me there will be new themes coming up..now, waiting to see them..*eager to settle everything asap*

how's preps? all done? =)

monkie

hi JJ
my wedding on 23/12, at marriott for wedding lunch. i choosen my theme long ago..when we were doing food tasting, think in october bah?
i choosen the one with red theme..think so..i can't remember..

hahaha..i am simply bo chap bride..
10 days to go.