(2007) Brides of year 2007

bamster

Hi Hi...
I need a big big favor.
For those whose wedding over, do u have empty duty paid martel or liquor bottle to sell or give me?

My hotel allows me to bring duty free liquor, but the ratio has to be half half, i need to transfer those duty free into duty paid bottle.

Can someone spare the empty bottle?

think_thrice

Thanks, gals. I'm getting more and more anxious. Can't wait to get this wedding over. Heee....
happy.gif

think_thrice

Actually my guest list is still "on the way".....hmmm....now have to juggle between my new house and the wedding. All come at the same time....Urgggg.....

maydeline

think_thrice,
dun worry ok??? my guest list oso sort of 'on the way'.. hope to settle by this week.. only left my parents' side here liao...

babymiki2003, good for u!!! had fun right??

think_thrice

maydeline - thanks, thanks. Good Luck to you too. I just had 1 more guest telling me that he can't make it.... hmmmm. Just hoping that things will not change anymore.

3 more days to go.......

Enjoy!!!

monkie

try not to worry about guest dun turn up..
those who turn up may not give lots of AP
those who dun turn up may end up giving more AP.

ojaneo

4placesbride,
may i know how much the charges? coz my mum also have to remove her one, same with u not good in fengshui term.
btw, can i have the contact also?

vivi77

hi thinkthrice > relax & enjoy ur AD...have u settle everything? i just gotten my album & montage yesterday...guest list is on the way..

Hi Thinkthrice > i am still finalising my march in songs...what do you have in mind?

maydeline

hi cynthia,
hmmm.. hope attendance rate is not low loh.. we target to have at least 90% attendance.. some dun turn up,n ang bao oso din turn up..

my 1st march in song is The Perfect Moment...

rainbow79

Hi porky/porcupinesg,

I am also a Dec 07 bride.
Can you tell me where to get Jim Brickman's CD?
I am looking for the song: The gift from him

nix77

Thanks gal...

Overall, My event did run smoothly...

But after my event i fall sick
sad.gif

So My advise to all BTB, better drink more water as the weather isnt that gd nowadays.

diva79

maydeline >> i am predicting a 70% even thou we overinvite..since most are from my hb's side. relatives and frens and they did not double confrim with them whether they are coming. moreover they just assume they will come one..*haiz* really nightmare to plan !

maydeline

divasan,
oh my god.. many of them didn't double confirm ah.. hmmm.. cannot predict one eh..
for me,i kept reminding them every once a month,so if they realise they cannot come,they will automatically msg me to inform me.. next week i will remind them again... haha.. super kiasu... for me,25 more days to go!!

monkie

hope wun rain... or else very troublesome lor..

for my case, some last minute sick..outstation...etc..lots of reasons.
17 days to go.

diva79

maydeline>> dat is y i dun understand the rationale behind it. i asked MIL if she can double confirm with her frens instead of both frens and relatives. she said they will come since she invite.

but the most irrationale part is that she did the same for her daugther's wedding and many are only half filled. yet she insisted they will come since she invited them.

*headache* she my MIL. i cannot insist on having my way. explaining to her doesn't help. last night out of the blue 1/2 table is taken out of the guestlist for no reason. i also dunno what happened. many tables are like "xxx family" with no names or indicaton of who is coming. she will count in the couple, their children, their etc and assume all will turn out.

nightmare..i am so sianz. we are the couple footing the bill and not them. somemroe she is the one who wants to have it but yet now like this.

rainbow79

Hi divasan, I think I know who u are cos happen my sis-in-law and good fren will be attending yr wedding next thur....

Yes, the big headache is the guest list and table arrangement.

max0924

u gals so fast collected your photos and videos huh? i have not seen a single thing :p

now im busy preparing for xmas parties...hahahah...its so fun

nix77

Rainbow>> i do agree with u.. Guest list and the table arrangement will be a headache things and no matter how well u plan on the arrangement, there bound to be changes on the actual day itself.. partly this happen oso due to the turn up rate...

maydeline

divasan,
my dad oso like that.. assume once he invite,those ppl will come.. crazy.. who he think he is??? actually when invite relatives,if those not TAT close,just invite the couple can liao, no need to invite the WHOLE family mah.. like those immediate relatives,then ok lah...

ya,we r the ones paying... but for my case will b harder,as my mum already voiced out that she will not pay or fork out a single cent given by my relatives to help me pay a bit of the banquet.. so my bf n i will have to pay 'debts' most prob after the wedding...

kayemoss

Hallo ladies!

How re u all doing? Long time no post liao!

Mei, when is ur make up course ending?

Piglet, must take care of yourself! Dun overwork!
happy.gif

Currently, Claire & I are staying at my Mum's place. My hubby has moved back home coz he s not used to my Mum's place.

Still tryin to survive... Claire is one notti gal... She got her day and nite reversed. Yesterday, she cried till i felt so murderous and that i want to give her away. Anyway, when i see her smiled at me, my heart melt!

Have a good weekend ahead!
happy.gif

vivi77

hi diva> i agreed, it is very difficult to plan without the "cooperation" of your members. For my case, my FIL side haven't give us the name list of their relatives. They have a big clan and we haven't distribute any cards to them yet. I am also worry about the numbers.

maydeline> how many tables ur mum is asking?
We are also paying for the dinner. I hope not to incur too much "debts" too. My mum side is given 10 tables, she did not mention that she wun fork out but i dun think will ask her to give back.

bubblepearl

Jovi, my suggestion is give her the tables..but tell her that it will be better if the AP all can be put inside the box..if earn then give her all the earning lor..

rainbow79

Well, same case as maydeline too.
Inviting those distant relatives whom I hardly talk too and dun know whether they will come anot.
I think they will rather not be invited too..
Anyway BTBs, dun be too stressed up though say is easier than done. Ha ha...

diva79

Rainbow (rainbow79) >>hee congrates to you.din know that u also posting around here.
happy.gif

maydeline, Jovi >> just now i typo. its not 1/2 table taken out. It is actually 1 and ½ tables suddenly taken out of the blue yesterday night becoz she assumes that *maybe* their children not coming. in fact its 5 tables unconfirmed "xxx family" from her side. that doesn't include the other "yyy family" or "zzz family" or etc. in other words she give out the invites and assume that the whole family will turn up without confirming with them. 90% of the tables are from her side and we are supposed to give the confirmed numbers to the hotel tomorrow. I am very uncomfortable at the way she adds in and takes out the tables based on her gut feel. Surely a phone-call to ask them whether they are coming can eliminate all the headache right? I jus dun understand.

my bro said to expect 20% no show since its what happened to him despite his careful planning. For his case he triple confirm his guests. for us we only double confirm with our own tables and can’t to much for the rest since 90% are from his parents side. My hb even went to the extent of probing his cousins for the turnup rate since his mum did not double confirm.

Ours is a weekday and somemore our hotel is not those prestigious or well-known hotel. We expect our angpaos to be much lesser due to this but our table cost is 70++ per head (without factoring in the cost of the wine). If my most optimistic estimate is around 70-80% turnout, its around 8 tables loss, which works out to be around 5-6k ….we are prepared to suffer a loss but did not realize that it would be so much. I really hope that she can at least double confirm to avoid the unnecessary loss.
sad.gif
*haiz*

bubblepearl >> what happened? Why no mood?

Cynthia Tan >> why so emotional? Is there something bothering u?

rainbow79

Hi Divasan, u know who i am?
U are M.... isit?
My sis-in-law and 2 good frens will be attending yr wedding so think u can guess whom I am lor...

How many tables are you having?
Put those not confirmed at Reserve tables and remind yr reception helpers to be alert and pro-active to arrange accordingly....

Now, I have another problem.
I have a few tables with 11 persons and a few with 9 persons...but I cant split the 11 tables..so how.... ask hotel top up food?
but how will my 11 guests know that I really top up food...dun wan them to feel that I short change them leh...

Now wedding dinners are very very exp..
Normal weekdays price from $80 and weekends price from $100 onwards....

Consider if I really lose 5-6k, I will not feel that bad...hoping not to lose out too much too...he he

diva79

Rainbow >> *hahah* same sediments here. those distant ones..i also think they headache when they recieve the red bomb from us.

diva79

Rainbow >> yup..i know who u r. its by wild guess and chance that when i was toking to your SIL that one of my fren's good fren "S" is also getting married on the same day as her bro..maybe they are the same person? and bingo! wat a small world. :p

btw if i am not wrong hotel will not top up food. their standard is 10 px portion per table. even if u have 11 or 12 ppl per table its like this.

rainbow79

Divasan: Ya very coincidence that my SIL and you are colleagues cos she told me she got a few pretty dresses this mth to wear to wedding dinners and I asked when and when she told me the date, I asked which hotel and I rem ZY told me is yr hotel...and what a small small world...

Hah...my hotel can top up food if you pay the extra head count..
They have 12ppl per table size of table too so I can arrange that way but food wise, I will pay 2 extra head counts but my concern is how I know the food is really topped up esp fish....

diva79

Rainbow>> yup she said that to me too. i really envy her since i heard from my colleagues that her dresses r very gorgeous!
happy.gif

btw which hotel are u using? Is it Sheraton Tower? they have 12 ppx per table. maybe u can inform them b4 your AD of the hotel's special seating arrangements is 12 px per table and assure them the food is enuff ?

for us we are having 30 tables with 2 reserves. but i believe the unconfirmed numbers are a lot so its very hard to plan. dunno whether to decrease/increase the confirmed tables since i dunno when MIL will suddenly add in 1 or 2 tables out of the blue.

rainbow79

Divasan: I am not using Sheraton Tower.
My hotel is the normal 10 persons per table.

I havent seen her dresses yet but knowing my SIL's good taste, I believe the dresses should be nice.

Btw, I have requested you to add me in Facebook so maybe can chat more there.

Actually 30 tables are quite comfortable to plan already.

Ours is 32 tables. Our guest list is more or less plan so hope that no one pulls out suddenly lor.

monkie

when i ask my mother whether her friends confirm or not..she oso say they sure come...but thank God they really kept their promise and did come.

i am feeling upset...got mood swings maybe due to PMS plus a lot of mixed feelings about marriage..excited, happy, nervous, scared..

tryphena

hey gals!

The festive season is round the corner, guess all of us will be busy preparing for this time.

I will be going away to Cambodia for mission trip tis sunday, will be back on next thurs.

graceyong

suika..i am going for 2nd opinion with Dr Joyce Lim (Paragon) her charges are much higher but it really make me in doubt that laser would have a bigger scar compare to excision. But i am thinking maybe this DR GOH is skillful in Excision procedure compare to Laser... so .... 2nd opinion is needed...

jane... NSC change $150 per mole (but doctor can revise the charges) but the rate is as so. He is Dr Goh from NSC... you can ring National Skin Center and ask to make appointment with him. First consultation charge already $80 )take note on that

btw girls, i was reading and research, they say got home make remedy using Garlic... anyone heard of it? haha

Besides this in January 18th weekend i would be going for my Catholic EE course!!! haha anyone been through EE course?

padi

Ladies ladies..how's the response for the gathering so far?
happy.gif

I've said I'll check with 2 other July Brides who don't come on this forum anymore. Both Lynda and Eva can't confirm their attendance. What about the rest? Are we going ahead with it?

cutienottikitty

this thread is a little quiet...hmm.. unlike other threads ... let me start the ball rolling..okie???
biggrin.gif

so how's everyone settling in married life??? and who is preggie already???
biggrin.gif

monkie

hi tulips,
i think you can check with your in laws.
my uncle's wife actually had her children address her as "mummy", but her daughter in law address her in "ma ma" and she is annoyed.

gosh..to me, what's the difference..but to her..it matters to her.