(2007) Brides of year 2007

hazuki

puroland: i love ur HM Pics... I regretted not following our initial plan of London/Paris... We went to aussie instead. The place so shitty... Super tourisy...

Yes, half of us belong to the 22nd & 29th wedding brides...

chidori

yupz the dbs one is good. however, it is only available for the hotels that are listed on the website.. And I dun have a DBScard..

alvamar

hi...does anyone know what to do during a bridal shower? my friends are organising one for me but i dunno wat's in stall for me!

kayemoss

Piglet, hhee i none the better lah...

Claire made my hubby & i panda liao. She is really one big rascal even for her small size. Now, both of us are getting the hang of her temper! Keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to handle her when my hubby is back to work.

Coz my new CL told me that she needs to nap during the day so that she will be able to take care of Claire at nite.

Mabbe Jazol is too tired to log on! I wanna go spa and everything after my confinement! I still have 19 days to go before i can go shower and do my normal stuff!

crystaldolphin

Hi all, I am new here. I also just had my GDL today and having my actual day on 7 Nov. Feeling excited over the wedding but sad at the same time cos I know I am going to miss my family members. =(

qiqi09

hahaha... kaye, i guess confining at home is boring right.. haha... i heard from my sister in law being a mother will never hv enough sleep.. but at least with ur new confinement lady, u will be able to rest at night.. hee.. must rest more ya... after ur confinement lady leave, how u going to take care of claire??

jhoo and mei, must be enjoying!!

verigracia

Hi BTB Brides,
Guess we are all the hectic and stressful brides.
My AD in 30th Dec.Just visit my printer only.Food tasting will be next mth.Stll yet to send out card and get my AD photography ANY RECOMMEND ?stress....
How are you gals progress?

Hi Verlica,

My ad is on xmas day. 5 days ahead you. i have went for my food tasting 3 wks ago and collected my wd cards liao. will send out on 15th Nov for frds and 2 dec for relative-guo da li. yesterday went to select my photos liao. very nice. hehe.

kayemoss

Piglet, confinement at home is boring and i smell big time. Mabbe this is the smell that my daughter likes!

After the confinement lady left, i think i will be a panda Mummy liao. Will try my best to take care of her till i go back to work!

Buey tahan my ILs, just now they kept on asking what time my CL will wake up from her nap! I was thinking, u think the CL is a maid... waiting for ur instructions to do this and that.. Somehow, i guess their mentality is must MAXIMISE the usage of someone since you had hired them! *Faints*

jhoo

hi piglet/von, im still in sg, heehee.. will be going KL this coming thu... recently have been busy with our guanyin mama. now our guanyin mama is at punggol as the guanyin 'spokeman' we are seeing is having big event there and its a good opportunity to put our guanyin mama there before we bring home tomorrow. yesterday was a fearful night for me coz we were told HMT needs to carry the guanyin back as he's the male master and no one driving, so i tried drove from punggol to home, but has to go through 5 expressway in order to reach our home. with my damn lousy driving skill, i couldn't overtake, plus duno why the last car accident kept flashing across my mind, so either i was driving st or turning left, end up at yio chu kang. haiz.. so has to trouble his dad to help tomorrow.

Kaye, yes, baby smell real nice, even when they are sweating, hehe. Yah, its good to let ur CL to have a rest when its time, coz she will also needs ample energy to take good care of your baby.

Oh, i have one good new to share, my blood test result show that my thyroid level is back to normal range! yeah!!!.. but my doc still wants me to take half tablet each day for 1.5yrs to further control my condition

maydeline

verlica,

my AD is same as u..just had my food tasting yesterday at HIA.. card will start to give out to my frds next week.. will meet each group of frds every Sunday..AD PG & VG already signed up in April.. just given them the photos to do our childhood montage...

kayemoss

jhoo, congrats! Must eat more tonics to build up your health!

Now, i can set up a website to sell off the DOM liquor in my home. I have at least 4 bottles of DOM at home and i dun even drink. Coz i m breastfeeding, what goes into my body goes to Claire. The confinement food i m taking is so heaty that she is breaking out into rashes! No more mei mei baby!

monkie

feeling quite sad that some of my friends say can come and last minute cannot come.
i afraid more ppl dun come and my tables wasted.

nix77

Hi Cyhthia,

Dun be sad, cos i oso have the same situation as u. Cos recently i doing the rsvp. i already have a few saying they are not able to turn..

sailor_p

Cynthia

Don't be sad too. I am facing the same problem now - I have even friends telling me that they have booked holiday packages even though they have much earlier said that they can come. I was very upset initially but felt much better now. At least, they tell you now rather than on the actual day.

steh

But by Nov, if we inform them they should be able to confirm quite firmly....by the way anyone intend to indicate the table no. inside the invitation card? so that guest do not have to ask when they arrive. Too many guest to handle if everyone gather at reception to look for table no.this is advice from my friend who attended such dinner and she feels it will help if we inform guest of their table no.

diva79

S.Teh >> dun think its a good idea. last min change table and how? a few more will not turn up and u might need to swap tables for them..

Cynthia Tan >> i have started to msg and email them lately whether they can come and if so, can i have their addy. so far all said can come but i am mentally prepared a few will not turn up and thus decided to ask more ppl den the tables allocated just in case..

snowbell42

hi Tassie,

haha ic.. not sure abt who will b serving tea.. i doubt so.. i thk we oni serve tea to our elders.. n the youngsters will serve to us? haha

kayemoss

Smilez & Jazol, something to share... I came back from my gynae check up today. He advised that after breastfeeding the baby, remember to pump/express the excess milk from the breasts so that more milk supply will come in.

steh

Any Dec bride here has to arrive Groom's hse early? I've to arrive before 9am! I target reach by 8.30 in case of any delay..guess not much time to play too long for bros & jiemeis..

monkie

thanks nix77, sailor_p, divansan
i already ask them whether they coming when i ask them for address. you r rite that they say now cannot come than last minute.

actually my weddign at year end so kind of expect ppl to go last minute gathering, holidays etc... hiya!

mine is wedding lunch cum ROM. so hubby come to my house like 7am.

smilez

Kaye, the waterbag part does sounds scary =P
Hee.. I went to buy those non-rinse shampoo n body wash. For EMERGENCY use. ha!! shh....
Hopefully, I will have milk too..

Understand wat u mean... my MIL also say CL must help with housework etc.. but i noe tats not the norm.
Their duty is to look after mummy n baby. Hopefully during my confinement everything will be fine. Cos she tinking of asking the p/t maid not to come.
Tat time still ask whether will cook for whole family to eat.. hmm..

Jhoo, so u havent go KL yet?
Sama sama, I dun like driving too. Very stressful =P
Hey tats great news!!! U deserve a pat on ur back for persevering!!
happy.gif

diva79

Cynthia Tan >> is it too late to invite more people to fill up the tables? i intend to over invite like 10% so that if some people dun turn up, i hope i can still easily fill up the tables. but still...no doubt this is a headache issue..

but dun let this spoil your big day... you have done your best. ..

kayemoss

Smilez, i heard from some that those non-rinse shampoo n body wash dun really work.

Okie, on the 12th day of my confinement hor, i wash my hair with warm water & shampoo and rinse with the herbal water. Remember to blow dry your hair!
happy.gif

My Cousin in law CL told them straight in the face that she only look after the Mummy & baby only. Hehehe.....

nix77

I also have replies where they oso rec invites from others who share the same wedding date as me.

S.Teh>> Dun think is advisable to indicate the table no cos u might not know whether got last min changes a not.
Haha so qiao.. me oso got to reach my hubby's place before 9am.

poogle

I need to arrive hubby's place before 10am BUT my mum said that I HAVE to leave house b4 9am. If its after 9am, she will not let me leave hse liao.. Cos in chinese after 9am is call Jiu shi, Jiu mean Dog, and means dog is marrying off..

qiqi09

hey ladies...

kaye & smilez, ur mils must hv really wanna make use of every cents they pay... kaye, wah so many dom!! haha.. can sell on the internet... haha...kaye, i think i will wan to bath last time..coz i think will not be able to tahan the smell and the dirty feeling..

jhoo congrats on ur recovery!! must be really happy right! hee.. tell u something abt driving must practice more... last time i also dun really drive well but when my hubby went oversea, he let me use the car and after driving a few days, my driving skills really improve alot.. and i kana praise frm him.. hee...

monkie

hi divansan
i have read up from an article that to invite those not so close with us to fill up those vacancies of those who last minute pull out.

In my own opinion, I don't think this is very nice. because if someone were to invite about 1 month before, I will have a feeling that i am a "second class" guest.i am a fussy person, so maybe i am the one weird one here.

somehow, i anticipate worst case scenerio of 20% withdrawal so I only book tables for 80% of the targeted guest. i.e. i already get 100 people who say they are able to attend. but i only book 8 tables. after i called then 2 weeks before the wedding, then I decided to increase tables or not. but based on the situatio now, I think 10% withdrawal is possible for my side.

diva79

Cynthia Tan >> i dun mean to also invite those not so close to you later. dats what one of my fren did and she invited me only 1 day before just to fill up her table. now she has the cheek to tell me that she might be able to make it provided she is not overseas even thou i did her the courtasy of inviting her 2 months before my AD after what she has done.

this incident no doubt left a sour after taste but nevertheless, whatever u have been practicing right now is what i meant by "overinvite."

suika

Hi petrina,

I thought goldcoast shd be quite fun....i mean from those posters i've seen la...heehee i've not been there before

Hi stickymouse,
my AD's on 22nd too.....nice photos there, u look so beautiful

monkie

hi divansan
wow ..ur friend who invite you one day before the wedding is really "solid".

actually i dun classify myself as overinvite. i do not invite those hi bye friends but those who has connection with me or long term friends.
reserving 20% is just in case. because i can always add tables.

mrsgan123

morning ladies...

jhoo, great to hear of your recovery. You must take care of yourself.. soon we will have a little jhoo or little HMT..
happy.gif

goldfish1395

halow!!

can seee tat most of the brides have an excellent wedding! Tat is good to know
happy.gif

U all miss niang-jia or not? haha. i abit anti-tradition. 2nd day go to niang jia and say ello to my family liao

and after 1 week in taiwan, 3rd day go niang jia and stayed there for 2 nites

Hahha.

SOme of my friends are appalled at it lo
I tink ok mah so long hubby and PIL ok
Keke

puroland

Petrina, if given a choice again I would still go europe for holiday. Not for honeymoon! Hahahah... The travelling is very tiring, its like at least 4 to 6 hrs of coach ride every day. Maybe I am the nuai sai sort, I prefer to slowly see and slowly travel. This trip is a bit rush. We din cover london. For france, only paris and 2 days nia. But follow tour have to go according to their itneary.

I would love to visit Australia. I am sure its fun!!! Did you visit melbourne too? I have never been to melbourne and goldcoast. Would like to go there if there is a chance and S11....hahahah

kayemoss

Yup, i think driving must practise... The more u drive the better u re! So jhoo, dun stress urself too much over driving lah....

Piglet, the bathing is actually using those herbal water to wash ourselves. Only problem is no soap allowed.. Plus the confinement food we ate made us very hot and sweaty... So feel very sticky...

As for my ILs, i came to this conclusion. They are money faced! Hehee.. I know i m bad but it can't be helped also....

For Claire's full month celebration, my ILs wanted to do it on 11 Nov 07, later on i changed it to 25 Nov 07 coz its not advisable to bring babies (less than 1 mth) out to crowded places in case Claire kena illness from ppl... esp alot of ppl are falling sick.

Wow, my ILs like buey song and after that hearing one of the relatives (rich one) cannot make it on 11 Nov 07. Then, they less buey song lor. Later, i suggest doing the celebration at home instead of going to the restaurant. I was surprised to hear from my ILs that its a loss of face for doing it at home...

For me, i was like the restaurant is not like some 5 star one.... What loss of face! *Faints*

The worst thing is they behaved as if my house is theirs and they like to come up to my place unannounced. Even though, my Mum helped me out with Claire, she will also call and tell me that she is coming up or whatever...

Not that, i dun let my ILs visit me but they like to act smart aleck and disturb Claire.

I wanted to bring Claire to HK to stay for 1 mth once she is 1 mth old. But its not advisable for her to travel. So, i guess most likely i will go to my Mum's place... At least, my ILs wont come up to disturb me & Claire.

Evil of me hor! HEHEE!

stargate2

I've put my photo montage on website.. showing off on dinner time. Still haven't choose a wedding march song....... 3 more days to go!