(2006) Brides of year 2006

preci0usm0ments

<font color="aa00aa">GHA=Golden Horse Award
happy.gif
</font>

apple68

<font color="ff0000">Get what you mean Pandalic, don't think we are able to get the wedding cake. GWP is not keen to substitute for us. Bringing in the cake cost a lot more $$$. Quite sad
sad.gif
actually</font>

<font color="ff0000">Hi sam, we might be able to see each other ;p haa.. have tried to pm u on something but urs wont accept. Anyway, my workplace cannot use MSN.</font>

jmonster

babygera, my mum's ok to replace some of the things by ang bao.. but not the pails, etc loh..
anyway, will persuade her... one more task for me :p

babygera, i went for my PS liao...its a sunday in Feb. went 4places i.e. 1.roadside near to the fort canning, there's a row of trees with yellow flowers, 2.burnt house near Mohamed Sultan Rd, 3. Parliment house &amp; boat quay, 4. Shenton way (the photographer asked us to run across the road and took picture), very tired but fun!

things to bring on your PS like water, small fans (run by battery), some snacks, wet tissue, face blotters, maybe 2way cake for touching up. hope the info helps.

auldreay

Marnie,

I got lobang for bus. You email me at [email protected] I get the contact from my FH and reply to you ;)

Pink Bunny, my friends LOVE the idea of the bus ferrying them around...They say less boring..can chat and play from one location to another (dun forget they are young girls all ard 18 yo onli ;))

sandsand

Babybride: since the ballroom is on the 2nd/ 3rd level (sorry cannot rememebr exactly where), your guest go up either by stairs or lift. The stairs and lift are side by side. And the entrance decor will be where the stairs starts from downstairs. So why dont u put your reception table there? then u can direct ur guest to the stairs or lift lor. Not ideal to put it upstairs outside the ballroom. no space.

Yeah, the ballroom can hold 40 tables..

suishi

newbbi,
tasmania is my choice too...i love that place the moment i saw the brochure. so lovely with pool of flowers &amp; it best to go during summer.

pinkbunny

aiyoh. can never please everybody, i tell you. but here are a couple of funnies anyhow:

if you book somewhere outdoor, people say: "walau wait rain how?"

if you get a place that is far away, people say : "walau how to get there, so ulu"

if you have shuttle bus, people say: "walau i wear so nice you ask me to climb on bus and go for excursion ah?"

if you get a hotel, people say: "walau hotel again. so boring one"

if you get somewhere near mrt station, people say: "you think i go wedding dinner i will take mrt meh?'"

if you have a small party, people say: "no big no small, only invite friends, never invite family"

if you have a big dinner, people say: "walau invite everybody then i not special already"

if you only invite couples, people say: "then my family doesn't mean anything to you ah?"

if you invite the whole family, people say: "walau must bao such a big angpow"

if you follow all the traditions, people say: "walau so boring"

if you do something different, people say: "what's wrong with following traditions, geh kiang for what?"

if you choose a simple gown, people say: "siao. once in a lifetime then she wear so common"

if you choose an elaborate gown, people say: "siao. think she princess or what?"

hope you girls enjoyed. not copied from anywhere you know, from my own brain cells one :D

qq77

newbbi,
yap, on leave tml, wanna have a rest.
making cheese cake for my hb and sister.
mauritus is really nice loh, if really just wanna go for relax kind of HM, think its really nice bah.

sdl,
my hb is off that's y i take leave, if i go out, he sure not very happy one leh.

suishi &amp; newbbi,
ya, tot of gg tasmania too, but not now lah. wanna explore other citied of aussie b4 gg there.

wallflower

hi everyone, i'm new to this thread (in fact to the whole forum :p).

my AD is 15 Dec at Noble House, ROM same day. still searching for a BS, aledy visited 3 but not suitable. going to visit the following BS this weekend. any comments on them? email me at [email protected] if not convenient to post here yah..

1) dang bridal (highly recommended by friend)
2) sattine
3) bridal concept
4) ted collection

thanks!

suishi

linda,
cheese cake....my favorite, tempering to have a slice now...grr...can i have a slice
kao_drool.gif

u really very Capable.....great in cooking as well as bakng too.

hamtaro55

hi ladies...im looking for outdoor places &amp; needed advice too.

thought of sunset, sky, beach, bridge, some green, etc. my PG suggested labrador, kent ridge park, west coast park.

newbbi79

suishi,
ya lor, but bery ex leh...so have u bought your ticket to taiwan yet? will u be takign a flight directly from japan to taiwan? u can go taiwan buy clothes like tshirt and jeans lor, so no need to bring too many...

Linda,
wow, u so good hor, neo how to make cheesecake...really xian qi liang mu leh..heehee...

ya lor, me hope to go there before i get preggie next yr lor ;p. Already hinted to hb that i wan to celebrate our 1st weddign anni overseas liao.he asked me to go plan =D..but of cos i can't go to those expensive places lor ;p...tinking of wanting a made in New zealand or made in cairns bb...hehe..

suishi

newbbi,
very lazy, just want to relax. havn't decide when to travel will depend on our expenditure in Japan.If spend too much, then will postphone to later qtr of the year.

auldreay

haha...pink bunny...my future ILs said all the above you mentioned...and this is the start of how my FH was starting to be pissed with them over wedding things...

Cos when he told me parents, my parents just said, ok, go ahead. Just let us know when and how many people we can invite. Money not enough, we can pay for our own tables, no problem.

But his parents...sigh...why must outdoor? If rain how? then guests wont come already...and I started to question his guests...if you are inviting guests, your guests will turn up de lor...rain or shine...they will turn up de lor...unless u invite enemies la...then FIL complain abt parking...say pple cant find parking, go one 2 rounds, fed up, will just go off, dun wanna attend the wedding...this type of pple, i rather not waste my invitation cards...
we have small dinner and have seperate reception for frens, he say he wanna invite his frens for lunch also...WTF...

Aiya...alot of dumb things...Pinkbunny's post is super right...

but this part i got different response from my future ILs...
if you do something different, people say: "what's wrong with following traditions, you are not chinese meh?"
And they got double standards...my mum say they wanna follow tradition, they must send a matchmaker to my house with gifts to ask for my hand in marriage....then future ILs say, DUNNID...why must bring gifts over?? IT'S TRADITION!!
then now my poor FH gotta go find a matchmaker and buy the gifts (lucky my mum onli ask for simple stuff like sweets, kueh, etc)...

AND...one more thing that piss me off...my mum gave me alot of jewellery...then my FH ask his mum if she is giving me or not, cos it is to be displayed during tea ceremony...then MIL tell my FH to ask me to bring those my mum gave me and display at their house...HELLO!! it's my mum give me de lor...why must I show it off at your palce so your relatives think you bought alot of jewellery for me???? ARGH!!!
I told them I dunnid any jewellery from them...cos it is not MY face...very fed up with such pple...want face but never think for their son...

And now his sister thinks that her parents are paying for everything and scold me say why I decide on everything when it is her parents that are paying...my first reply was WTF! WE are paying, not your parents...and i slam the phone down...v angry!!

This sunday gonna have SHOWDOWN at their place..wish me luck...I'm bringing all my Jiemeis along for the war...

greekgal

Hi Nancy
I haven't fixed the date for food tasting as well, guess it will be mid-late Apr. i agreed that it can get really knotty assembling both parties.

Anyway, do you gals feel appalled when your guests can't make it for your wedding? i've been calling up some friends and some just said they cant attend due to work commitments, feeling quite depressed and sad. coz i tot its 2 months down the road, cant they apply leave or make themselves available? haiz..trying to console myself to think of the positive side that they at least told me now then to MIA on my AD..sorry for the grumbles..

leafmemories

hey dreymin,
so u got ur CS from Novena Square too? i think mine was from the first floor or something, can't remember. it had to be altered too, cos the gown had a mermaid shape which i didn't like..

regarding running out of time, i'm feeling the stress too. seems like there are tons of things to be done yet, we've yet to finalize anything other than clothes and solemnizer.

does anyone have tips on where to get suitable wedding shoes?

stefylim

hi OL,

really depends on what sort of studio you are looking for leh...designer ones or one-stop shop, coz the price difference is quite huge when you look at the basic package.

i suggest you first set a budget for BS, then go to all the four studio above(thk dun haf to make appt wif sattine &amp; bridal concept), have a look, try out the gowns, understand their package before deciding.

u must be comfortable wif the studio before making any commitment yeah...

bandtz

<font color="0000ff">Diana; hmm.. idea! old times jia jia + five stones + zero point... haha...</font>
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Sweet kar; wow~ along the way back to the banquet must hv lots of eyes on you.. hee.. im tinking of having my solemn b4 the dinner commence but wondering if those guests will turn up punctually, actuali hv requested the JP to arrive at 8pm..</font>
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Wendy; as mentioned to Sweet Kar. i will be hving my solemn during 1st march in, but its jus the timing part, wouldn't noe if my guests will arrive on time a not if i will to tell them abt the solemn tingy...??? yup, im oso tinking of the party goodie bag, now im hving lots of idea on wat to put in the goodie bag...</font>
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Pauline; most guests won't turn up at 7.30pm sharp one.. even my JP oso say 8pm its the perfect time for him to arrive at the banquet.</font>
happy.gif

qq77

suishi,
heehehhee....cant really make very good cheese lah. mine is those dun have to bake one, just put in the freezer kind.

can, if you wanna come over my place.. kekekeke..
not capable lah, sometime cook or bake only. next year if we are still in contact in the forum, i make some pineapple tarts for your all.
happy.gif

we also list down all the countries that we wanna go, we also consider the $$$$$ factor loh.

but maybe we rather sway bah.
sad.gif

newbbi,
not xian qi liang mu lah. kekekeke... just my interest.
happy.gif

NZ very nice place to have bb... i will sure go again.
happy.gif

cactus79

hi, my AD is 16 Dec, just 1 day after OL. Holding my banquet at The GRC. I visited i-wedding collection and loved their gowns, but can't find any thread about this BS in this forum. Anyone has any idea how is their service? Think Dang and Ted Collection have very good reviews.

cacphin

tam> u asked the wrong pp.. i dunno anything too.. maybe bing will know.. i have to contact them to ask for the cards, what do u think abt my coordinator.. always on leave.. sian..

lux

greekgal..

no worries on the friends who can't make it ... take it this way... is their losses.. I hate it when such things happens.. just like how gatherings are always marred by no shows and ppl who claim they need to save the world!

On another hand.. save you headache you dont need to invite so many ppl right.. =)

gs1979

Hey greekgal, U r quite fast leh..started calling your frens. Me d earliest among all of u but i still havent start leh. heee
happy.gif
will only call my frens probably in 2wks time then send the cards to them a week after so that they can rem. anyway,its better for u to noe dat those frens cant turn up now then they "fly plane" on the actual day.
happy.gif
i agreed wif Ling that these people suffered losses for not turning up at our wedding.

I noticed dat some of my colleagues go ard asking abt the attendance 1st before giving out their wedding invitation cards. For me, i think dats isnt necessary rite? i'm wif d co for 6yrs liao so think i wil just give the cards out then wait for their confirmation. I wil ask ard for frens only.

Does anyone of u here oso like me, give out the cards w/o asking??

honeyc

Hi ladies,

I may not be able to join u gals for this fri gathering cos I'm going diving this weekend in Tioman wif my FH. But I still wanna buy bedsheet. I'll c if I can manage to squeeze out some time to meet u gals at 6.20pm.

cheers!

greekgal

hi ling
thanks for your comforting words. i really felt very upset with their replies but guess its okay. i dont wana force peoples to attend as well, wana see peoples who are wholeheartedly happy to attend.
happy.gif

hi gintonic
for me, i will ask my colleagues and friends before i issue them the invite cards. i think it is better this way coz for those who are not attending for sure, can save the invite cards for those on the reserve list, i scare give away all cards then if need to activate those reserves then not enough cards for them.

magic_alz

greekgal,
don be upset la...yeah its better than they not turning up on the day itself ma..

for me my jie mei (my best friend) very helpful..she contacted our mutual friends n asked them for me..so far everyone say can make it..but then worried that will have no-shows..coz not very close friends ma..

think its v impt that your jie mei is spontaneous n pro-active..

oh i went for food tasting liao...food is super good! yum yum...but think on that day maybe standard will drop abit coz they're cooking for 40 tables!

gintonic,
yeah for colleagues, esp older ones, will prefer that u give the cards first...its a formal invite ma...for friends, esp coz need to ge ttheir address, think its ok to ask if they can make it then ask for their address..

so i'll give out cards for colleagues then wait for confirmation..for friends will sms or email loh..

angeldust

hi baby bride,

nah.. more like I set and he approve. ha ha ha ha he is the FC cum accounts payable. I am the planner cum sourcing &amp; procurement dept.

marnie

Yafang, good luck dearie - keep cool and stay level-headed. Try to be amicable in the whole process.

Pink Bunny, hello my dear. If your shamelessness wins, then easy : make cones with ribbons as handles lah..that way, they can throw rice and then after clap hands for you ler.....kill 2 birds with one stone.
rofl.gif

EL, don't worry. Sometimes, this upcoming wedding rears its ugly head and just makes the rest of girls super kan cheong. Your relaks attitude, will be with you at your super nova tea reception - and that's good!

What have you left to do (if you can remember lah...
lol.gif
)

kaye

Ladies,
my parents r SUPER angry with my ILs...
cos my ILs dun do anything at all...N its really nothing...no contribution at all
cos its all I handle..
then they asked me if I had offended them...
bad attitude or wat...
how come the ILs never do anything..no discussion or anything..
Its like they r giving away free daughter....
So CHEAP!!!
Next time will ve a tough life with my ILs...
cos till now my ILs dun want to talk to my parents on ping jin &amp; GDL stuffs...
N its abt 3wks to my GDL...
my parents r thinking tat cos they dun want to pay for anything..tats y dun want to talk...
They say their frenz got daughter in law is a happy occassion..
All very helpful &amp; starts to organise things...prepare the wedding...
whereas ours is Doing NOTHING...

my FH thinks tat my parents r asking too much...but I think its his parents fault too...
Till now, NEVER officially talk abt the things...jux only after 1 session..nothing said.
N worst...NOTHING DONE!
really NOTHING...
even find tat roasted pig is done by me...
Also the GDL stuffs, believe or not...
we nearly had to buy ourselves! I mean the GDL stuffs r for him to give me...N I had to buy it MYSELF! which is tat time I said I will be going to Chinatown...
In the end, I didnt buy of cos...cos lazy to carry it back

Even the jewellery also like tat...She asked me wat kind of jewellery I want...wat U want me to say?

Its like the wedding is none of their biz at all...
I mean they give the excuse that they know nothing..
ok, fine...not as if I m experienced in it...at least make an effort to find out..
which they didnt...but ok lor..I search the internet &amp; find the procedures..but seems like they r not interested to know...

Hey, I can be easy going on such things..but not my parents...
To them is showing disrespect for them &amp; my ILs dun want me as the daughter in law
cos they r not doing anything.

U know my dad had bought the jewellery for me...
but I said too tradition...but he said at least still got value compare to white gold
So he asked me to choose myself...&amp; tell him the model

...so wat hve they done?

asura

HI camy,

I got my sample cards liao.. the red one is super ugly! The ivory one not as bad... but got to think of how to punch 2 holes

haiz... got to get permission from the elders on the color though..

I've just gone thru the ps yesterday... we went to sheraton for some waterfall and staircase shots. Sentosa for the sunset and the tree shots... The photographer is very good...but dun really like my hairstyle and make up...cos my mua was sick so cannot really perform to her standards...so sad...

camiberry

hi asura,
sure! if u don't mind me being the big light bulb shining at u &amp; your hubby. hahaha....

i don't have food tasting as part of the package coz i'm doing lunch. have to pay full price it. i'm using vanda ballroom. which room u using?

i received samples of the 2 new invitation cards today. hmm...i don't know if i like the red card or not. i kinda like it yet don't really like it. u know what i mean? hehe i don't know how to explain it. The ivory one is nice tho but abit difficult to print on it.

hi geraldine,
oh ya, we'll be getting canned pig trotters, cakes &amp; 'ping jin' too. for me i must have the candles as advised by master long. hehehe....

hi TaM,
how's your wedding cards? nice?

auldreay

wah Hazel...seems like ur ILs are opposite of mine lei...

You tell your FH that if his parents dun wanna talk, then he must get a matchmaker to come over and talk...

My parents leavin for China tomolo morn, so FH found a fren to be match maker to come...they just finish discussion...

My FH paying and buying everything, but at least my parents were appeased cos got proper match maker come over...then tt match maker this sunday will go to my ILs place to let them know wot my parents want, but we are buying the items lor...my FH now v pissed with his own parents, so wanna faster get over and done with and have nothing to do with them anymore...

This afternoon my future MIL also email me ask me what jewellery i want...Then i told her i'm ok with anything...as long as she is comfy (within her budget) with buying for me just buy..then i said i dun mind yellow gold cos got value (she asked if i prefer white gold)..and i will wear wotever she buy for me during tea ceremony...she's the nice one, so i'm v nice to her..FIL is the bad guy, so i dun give him face...

popie

oki, jus some updates about my CS. =)
353256.jpg

leafmemories, i bought my shoes from Isetan, Wisma. but think now got lesser collection already. u might wana go leaping lizards in international plaza. heard alot of ppl say got alot of wedding shoes there. they provide custom made shoes too.

kanchi_maya

Hi hi,

sorrie....have been mia for a long time..

Are we still meeting next wed?

popie,
how much did u pay for the CS..... is this the 1 whr you say the material is a bit thin? I t looks good on you.

leafmemories,
Are you getting white or sliver..... I saw some sliver heels at paragon metro &amp; URS quite nice...it cost ard $80.... i got mine at taka

asura

Hi camy,

I am not printing on the card but going to use inserts so not a problem with the ivory one. i think some of the wordings is lilac right?
I think the wording for the red one is too small.
seriously dont like it!
If my father wants it for the wedding, i would just get two types of card.

Oh.. it is on 14 May right? Your FH not here yet?
You think we can get it free? hee hee.. i like the mango sago with ice-cream..