(2005) Brides of year 2005

starmoon

hi gals

juz collected my gowns today...seems like i put on some weight cos it feels kinda tight!!! oops...think i must control my diet liao otherwise might not fit in when my AD comes!! hopefully 2moro might feel skinier...hahaha

caitlyn

morning gals.. wonder how watashi and winnie's PS went?? let us knoe all abt it.. hope it didn't rain where u gals were

berry - hee.. u very cute.. but tt's wat i told derr also.. i will wait but must make sure it's a pleasant surprise when i see my pics.. hahaha.. in fact, he already showed a few of my sample pics to a prospective client.. hahaha.. this gal from the derrick ong thread.. haha.. agree abt work and bosses.. well, too bad we all need $$$$ to survive..

daphne - dun worry.. i help u discipline when they're young!! i wanna work in childcare line most likely.. put ur child in my kindy!! hahaha

pierced - i also very stressed out.. term 3 is like a madhouse.. sighz.. hee.. but aiya.. teachers always complain one.. =)

apostles

hi Irene,

My personal view:
The bottom line really depends if you are wearing a suit. A mandarin collar shirt is more casual look. It gives a resort kinda feeling. It may also look 'Malayish'.You know some Malay man shirt looks pretty similar to mandarin collar. Hence if you want a smart look, I reckon a jacket would be good. Is this for AD or PS?

apostles

Oops Irene, now i remember you got no photoshoot. It is your ROM. What are you wearing? A short or long dress? If you are going for a short one,then I suggest a shirt instead of jacket.

icy

jellytots,
it is like that one, i only finalised the songs 3 days before my wedding bah.. to be exact.. last minute I change my songs. hahaa.

Sharlene,
we went for the lido show, the stage change is fantastic!! the driver did bring us around for night scene at paris.. but a pity he never stop and let us take pix, so me everything take from the car.

My tour manager is a guy, but sometimes I dun like his attitude, he dun like people to complain.

Vela,
think i miss this.. the konica shop i heard 1 at rivervale plaza and 1 at clementi. :D Since my mum place near rivervale plaza, i will try there once I complete my selections for honeymoon pix. :D

oh ya.. did u answer me if u collected ur videos from eric already?? what is the procedures har? just collect or go his place and review first??

butterkiss

Hi Janice / piggy,
Just sent the link to you gals...
happy.gif

panggou

Hello ladies good morning!! I am back!!

I am also very stressed about my work, so I am taking 1.5 to 2 yrs break from Jan next year to go for my further studies. so cannot have kids so fast, and I want as many kids as I can.

Feedback for my PS yesterday!!! heheheh.

Ok, my appt is 11am, i start make up at 1120 am. end around 1+pm. the weather is not very good, slight drizzle but it is very sunny, so it is tai4 yang2 yu3. My photographer says it will be bad weather in late noon so ask us to start with outdoor shoot first. Also another couple us taking indoor at the moment, thus I think we proceed out first.

I had one look for the outdoor shooting heheh. the OTR WG i chose was in this latest her world brides on GHA page, the most left gown. We went to south east asian museaum, actually i did not voice out to him that i want to go there, but he intiated that one of my ideal choice hehehe. We took with slight drizzle. but my woodblock hubby cannot really smile, so sometimes the pg gets a bit bu4 nai4 fan2, but still ok, he has a bit of artistic kind of temper, hmmm, but on the whole ok, hehe and if photo is nice, who cares!!! hehehehhe But bad point is i cannot take night shots cos we went out in afternoon. actually will like to have some night shots :p but on the other hand luckily did not go out, cos evening time was raining heavily everywhere.

Then we proceed to sentosa, very good weather, we went to the church, the orchid garden, hai3 zi3 shu4 and the beach. I change the gown before i go to the beach. bad point is that they forgot to put the padding for my OTR EG !!! (when i came back i ask the tailor, she says my deisnger told her no need to!! but i did remind my designer and she says will be done) but the assistant whom whent with me was very good with situations hhahahaha, she help me to detach the padding frmo the WG and transfer to the EG using hair pins, so save the day!! but when we take at the beach, there is slight drizzle again, the sky was dark, heheh hope will look nice in photos. then we quickly chop chop take, finish the last photo and the rain got bigger and we dashed for the car in time hehehe.

Ok back to the studio, was 5pm. forgot to mention that i nearly fainted in sentosa hehehe, literally eyes went black, think too hot, and i was hungry, ate at 10+ and i thot got lunch but none :p so when i was back in studio doing second look for my Kua, my hubby bought dinner. so save the day too heheheh. i did not choose kua, but they prepared for me, so i took, turn out look nice hehe, so i will use it for AD tea dress.

Then change to one OTR red EG for more shooting, with another look again.

Then move on to my AD EG and AD WG.

Overall experience was very good. a lot of people have made my day!! though the weather could be better.

The MUA, the tailor (who serves both of us very well, alter my hubby button, sleeve length on the spot etc), the assitant who went with us.

Very very good experience, cos they wll arrange for us, the order of our clothing etc, no need to worry, and one look for each set of clothing, the MUA even stayed back to wait for me.

Thumbs Up!

hamster_gal

wow winnie,

your BS seems like very good service leh, which one is it?... when i went out for PS, only the pg went, no assistant.... some more yours got tailor helping you on the spot also...
happy.gif

panggou

hi hamstergal, I am with golden horse award (GHA), turn out they got provide flowers hehehe, red dasie, red roses, and a bouquet of pink roses (er all recycle one) so the bouquet not very fresh liao sigh.... but think photo cant show the ku1 wei3 portion heheheh. so still ok.

yeap nice of them to provide assistant, another couple and i have PS ysterday so each couple has one assistant. help us to change, (er cos i got no padding, i need to go naked for her to help me with the new padding with pins er, so malu hehehee)

she will help me with the dress, veil etc.

cos my hubby has thick neck, so tehy need to shift the collar button for a mandarin shirt, and then jacket sleeve length etc.

p2me1a

hey i_bless_u,

you're not in our email listing leh... u still joining us right??? hehehe July coming liaoz - dun forget or date yeah... email me please. think we may have mailed before, but can't recall your real name liaoz... hahaha...

anymore May Brides wanna come join us???
happy.gif

pst

caitlyn

winnie - good to hear abt ur good exp.. agree tt ur BS provides good service.. u're one of the few btbs whom i've heard of tt have assistant rd at PS one..must say ur PG also very smart to suggest taking outdoor shoot first! =) looking fwd to see ur pics.. so ironic.. i take first but prob one of the last few among those taking this month to see.. hehe

today chanol's turn to take pics!!

vela

icy,

saw from newspaper that No. 1 color centre develop digital photo 4R@20cents with free album(terms & condition apply), they hv a branch at blk 118 sengkang(rivervale plaza) 6388 2539 near to u
happy.gif

didn't see any post lei..u got ask me abt Eric meh? Yes, yes, collected my video, u wanna see, I can bring my laptop
happy.gif
u have to call him to see if your DVDs are ready and fix appt cos' he always out shooting. He got everything ready when we reach there and we stay a while to watch some portion. I am very impressed by Eric's after-sales service, he is not the sort that collect $ and go, so can trust him. Go home must watch all the DVDs and give quick feedback(if any) cos' he dun keep client copy and will delete once lack of capacity. Remember to bring chq for the final pymt.

caitlyn

highness - just realised i missed ur msg... nah, emily hasn't mailed me reg her cost of adding dishes.. u thinking of adding too?

dolphin48

Winnie, so nice to hear the good service from GHA... i feel more "fang xin" now..... Ben got artistic temper ah? Who was your assistant? Did you suggest to Ben your preferred locations or he was the one that suggested? How many outfits u took in all? hee so many qns hor....

panggou

caityln, ops no no, we took some photos on our own after each set of gown hehee, the actual PS photos only can be seen after 3 weeks.

pray hard for chanol photos today, dont know why the weather is no good nowadays.

sharlene

Icy,
Whose the tour manager? THe lido show issit that Moulin Rouge that one? Paris nite time still very bright leh, only starts to darken at nine plus to ten. We saw the lightings of Eiffel tower which only starts at ten pm and 11pm. Did u see the sparkling tower, so beautiful
happy.gif
U know the grp who arrive salzburg 1 day before us experience snow that day. We arrive next day very cold but no snow....

aeina

Hi Jolin and Butter,
Can i view your photos too?? pls pls pls... my email is [email protected]

This thread is really moving very fast. how's everybody??? I m getting really panicky cos photos not ready, name list not ready, songs not selected, invitation card not collected... nothing is done. gosh.... U gals are very efficient.

caitlyn

winnie - hee.. i noe i noe.. but u can see after 3 weeks.. also will be earlier than me i think.. but well, i'm not complaining.. coz i dun mind waiting.. like my fh says, if i get my fotos too early, the album will spoil before my AD coz i'll keep on looking.. hahahaha.. how well he noes me.. hahaha.. i;m the kind who up till today will take out my baby fotos to flip thru. haha..

yup, all must pray for chanol.. but since rain in the morning, afternoon will be good weather!!

butterkiss

Hi aeina,
Don't worry... U are not alone...
Me did none of the above you mentioned also. Ha ha...

Btw, I had just sent the link to you.
happy.gif

cookies_gal

Hi jelly
I hired the bus for a 6hr block. Cost about $200. There are options for 3hr and single trip. Go to www.busplus.com.sg to check out the rates.

Hi goober
Thanks for your well-wishes. Went to see your AD shots, you looked like you had a great time yourself!

Hi Sharlene
Yup, taking Europe romance package. But we heard that our tour manager may be a lady. Your manager may be taking the 13+1 day group which is departing the same day as our 15+1 day group.

Hi icy
Thanks! Wah...your description of Europe sounds nice. Can't wait to start my trip next week!

To all of you who have requested for my AD shots
Erm...am afraid that I don't have time to upload the photos before I leave for my HM. Hubby is now working on updating the website to include our AD pics but we're also busy settling down into our new house. So you may have to wait for a few weeks for us to complete uploading the photos. Will definitely let everyone know when they are up!

cookies_gal

Hi ladies
A July meet-up is good, but I think I'll be the last one back from my HM. Will only be back after 23rd July.
sad.gif
Am leaving next week for my HM.

Hi Tou
My HM is even later! I leave and come back after you!

Hi Sharlene
I also didn't hug my parents when I left the house. But we took a few family photos coz I will not be returning in my WG. Anyway, I never hug my parents one...

To all of you who have requested for my AD shots
Erm...am afraid that I don't have time to upload the photos before I leave for my HM. Hubby is now working on updating the website to include our AD pics but we're also busy settling down into our new house. So you may have to wait for a few weeks for us to complete uploading the photos. Will definitely let everyone know when they are up!

aeina

Hi Butter,
Ha ha ha... thk u for consoling me. Glad i found u. Everybody is asking me how's the preparation and i don't know what to answer. I haven't received yr link but have received Joline's. Strange..

Hi Joline,
Saw yr pics.. very nice and unique. It is something which i ve never seen before. Did the bridal shop create the background for u??

Do u gals know where to take nice indoor photo? My sis is taking her photos today but seem like might rain again. ai yoh...

butterkiss

Hi aeina,
I am just too lazy to start anything.
For my guests list, I am waiting for my hubby, PILs and parents to confirm the number of tables that they want, I will do mine last. Coz, if I give them my list 1st, then might not have enough tables for them to "distribute".
Hee hee....

Eh... u received the link liao??

yuki_ko

Hi Sharlene & Icy

Thanks for the info... that's helpful... at least, I know wat to expect...

Guess, we meet up after 23 July lor... since Cookie is the last one coming back from HM, rite? Anybody else later than that?

sandychoo

hi aeina,
thnks.. yeah.. those pics i showed are extracted from the vcd that my BS created as our 1st photo montage to be shown while the guests are waiting for the dinner to start, so that at least got something to make them occupied. Original photos are all with plain background. Those fake scenery background are edited to make the vcd more colorful lor.. my actual albums doesn't have those fake background..

icy

Vela,
Yah yah, that place very near my mum place, i am going to develop from there. :D Have u develop urs??
Eric told me my video ready tomorrow, i am thinking of collecting on sat. :D Did u give ur cover pix for eric or he DIY?

Sharlene,
He from chan bros. haha.. if u interested I pm u. not nice to post here. The lido show not the moulin rouge, is another one.. suppose to be healhier and impress us with arcobatic one. :p
I did managed to see the sparkling tower, cos that night the show end at 11pm. :D Then when I went back hotel I see another kind of lighting on the tower, nice nice.

Me also dun have snowing, very pity and some like melting instead. hahaa.

cookie_gal,
enjoy urself while u are there. :D

merryberrys

wow winnie...seems like u had fun...good for u everything works fine...
muz show us some of your pics...
think chanol shld be safe...the weather now is so good...
caitlyn u really keen on childcare?hahaha then next time i hand my kids to u huh..
hee...really? i will go and check out the thread...
now i headache abt the shoes...have been shopping ard but i cant find any i like..its all so high heels...i cannot wear... the most is 2-3 inch i can go...

panggou

Ops daphne, sorry miss your questions.

Yeap he got a bit of artistic temper, one of the GHA bride in GHA thread also say so, er but I am ok with it, i rather he has requirements than chin chye hehee, just that my woodblock cannot smile :p

My assistant is Cai3 Yan4.

I only told him i want greenery and beach, and i told him intially i got sentosa pass, so sentosa is stated, but as for building area, he was the one who initiated.

I took 6 outfits in total, 2 are my AD WG and EG, 1 KUA, 1 WG and 1 EG for oudoor shooting, and 1 more EG for indoor shooting, so in all 6 outfits. my hubby got 6 suits too. but shirt, they provide a black one, other than that, we use our own one. my woodblock left a shirt in GHA sigh, still need to collect back.

I am leaving for a functio nnow, catch up with all of you tomorrw!!

aeina

Hi Butter,
Me too too...very sianz to start anything. I jus do whatever i can when i feel like it. ha ha ha... :D I jus received yr pics...very nice too.. wow.. u r very very sexy oh.
happy.gif

Hi Joline,
Did u pay extra for the montage?? I m thinking of doing my own montage.

butterkiss

Hello aeina,
Thank you for the compliment. U are pretty also...
Eh... sexy? Ya, I know what you mean... It's a big headache to me...

Are u getting any videographer? The videographer that I engage will be doing the photo montage for me. Viewed his work last Sunday, very happy with the production. Really value for money.
happy.gif

sandychoo

aeina,
no.. it's a free gift from our BS lor. If you can make your own one, it will be better cos can save some $$.

My AD videographer will make the 2nd photo montage to show the photos from childhood to ROM. Actually quite worried cos 2 photo montages totally different style.. dunno whether got any negative effect or not..

jellytots77

yo icy... care to share wat songs did u choose... for me to reference reference bo...

yo vela... i want to see ur video too... dun forget me hor...

yo cookies... tks... will go check it out...

little_a

jelly,
i have been sourcing for songs since last year.. still making changes.. trying to find something that is different... in fact i bought many CDs online... now i am looking for a song in latin "Ave Maria"... if really cant find then I will purchase it online...

I remembered that I wanted to use From this moment but eventually i find it too common and overused.. I am trying to select some music that has not been used frequently.. I sort of confirmed 1st walk-in, first dish presentation, and 2nd walk-in music.. now facing headache over hymns and photo montage and video montage..

video montage i intend to record my frens singing into a CD and used it for video montage... they are singing duet for me "The Prayer"

aeina

Hi Butter,
Headache?? No, it is an asset. wish i ve. I m not slim. Camera trick... stretch the photo a bit to look slimer. ha ha... self deceving.
happy.gif
I m pretty big size. I didn't get videographer cos wanna to save cost for honeymoon. So that's why i m doing my own montage.

Hi Joline,
which bridal shop u signed with? That's very good service. I think it is ok. So long they are not showed right after each other.

sandychoo

hi aeina,
Me with Printemps @ City Square, JB
happy.gif

I signed their package during the bridal show, that's why got more free gifts lor.. hee..

ya.. u reminded me.. there should be a speech by MCs in between the two montage hor.. keke.. thanks..

butterkiss

Hello aeina,
Eh... asset? I call it my burden.
Anyway, I don't think you are big size... I think you are tall... U got the height... Hee hee... unlike me, I have to stand on telephone books during PS. haha...
U are with which BS?

icy

jellytots,
1st March in - I finally found someone
1st dish - be our guest
2nd march in - quando quando quando
champagne - the way u look tonight

highlight - wishin & hopin + Unforgetable
montage - lover concento

I love jazz so used a lot of jazz.

wtan

hi hi butter & joline..
can i also have a look at ur PS photos? thks! my email is [email protected]

hi hi ladies..
wonder if anyone have read about an article in The NewPaper or Shin Ming daily recently on a couple who got to know each other while queuing up for hello kitty..

wtan

hi hi renee..
wat soft toys are u thinking of bringing for ur photoshoot? care to share?

hi hi ladies..
wonder if anyone read abt an article frm The NewPaper or Shin Ming Daily recently abt this couple who met each other while queuing up for hello kitty?