(2004) Brides of year 2004

blueberry

Hi Feroy,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
The price seems ok. I like his style. Must I put deposit to "book" him??
If I take, most likely will be the film. Effect for film is better than digital.
I think I better book him now.

momoechan

hi feroy,
We ROM-ed on 8 Feb, another popular date! The place was swamped with couples and their relatives hee hee.

yup, i've tried hilton's catering before, very good and also pricey. i guess that's what u get. hyatt's a reputable hotel, so, i'm sure we've to pay a premium for their service.

yah, i guess worst case scenerio, will be normal catering but i'll just do the decor on my own
happy.gif

u're very cartoon leh, u've not confirmed ur bridal package but u're already going to confirm ur AD photographer, very interesting
happy.gif
i've not thought about the AD photographer yet, i'm really behind schedule! hee hee

rabbitwsk

Hi ladies

Yvonne, so now we have 3 rabbits hopping in the thread :p

Michelle, my hubby also tigger. Not old la... as long as young at heart, numbers are nothing
happy.gif

Nick, can give me ur mail so tt I can msg u my friend's number?

Cheers
happy.gif

feroy

kkwai,

you can call him up first to check on his availability... if he's available, you can block him for your date and then arrange to meet up with him to see his portfolio and discuss your requirements... (that's what i did) once you confirm the date, think you've to place a $200 deposit...

ya, his price is very reasonable for his quality... heard so many great things abt him in the forum... but recently, someone posted a msg saying that his standard has dropped la, etc... still have confidence in him though...

so ultimately, it'll be good for you to meet up with him to see his works....

do you need his contacts? if so, i'll dig out and let u have it...

feroy

yvonne...

heehee... no la, most likely I'll confirm my BS b4 I confirm with my AD photographer... so far only tentative booking...

actually me n hubby already ready to sign the BS package but ran into some hiccups with the sales personnel... hoping to settle it b4 CNY... nothing to do with the BS though...

think there're a few of us whose hubbies are tiggers... maybe ivory shld start another column - hubbies' sign and year... hahaha... ivory = more work
uhoh.gif

momoechan

rabbitwsk,
hee hee, yah, now that there r 3 of us rabbits, at least won't feel so aunty amongst these group of young & pretty gals
happy.gif

feroy,
hee hee, i see. yah, i want to confirm my BS asap so that there's one load off our mind and we can concentrate on our new place. Haven't gotten our keys yet, hope to get it by the end of this month (fingers crossed)

stardus

bridal easier to choose. should focus on venue first. my bridal with white link.

well, for me, if jie mei or xiong di cannot take leave, I suppose it won't be all. So it shouldn't be a big problem. Thats my thinking lah.. thats too far to worry now also. My worry now is to tone up my fats.. hehehe.. me quite flabby. sigh. got to execise and restrain from bah kua.

michellekoh

Hanyan,

In fact i should ROM in my age 21yrs old but feel too young n scare of commitment n worry been control no freedom. So on the actual day I not turn up so my ex-bf wait and we break off. :|
Now more mature & know how to express my feeling & communicate my FH
happy.gif

Ivory,
thanks
happy.gif
haha still ok lah..

rabbitwsk,
yeah with young heart & healthy..
happy.gif

Hi Ladies,

I book my AD 30th Oct'04 in last Sept'03 means advance 1 year. Now than know so hot date. Why select this date is because tiger diffcult to have gd date to marry hahha just jike..
happy.gif

fantasy

Hi Girlfriend,
Bingo! That was at rasa sentosa
happy.gif

Hi Yvonne,
Thank u. My hubby and I both wanted to make our ROM something more special so we decided to do it somewhere away from the registrar. MIL was not very receptive to the idea initially as she has never known of any solemnization that takes place somewhere else. Glad we had it our way. And guess what, afterwhich she actually encourage others to do it outside as well.
My hubby is in fact not a romantic guy as well but must give him some credit as he will try his best to humor me from time to time
happy.gif

fencnef

hi..dun 4get me..i'm a 30 oct bride too..hee...
bounce.gif

hmm...answering feroy's question abt 30 oct..the rat will clash wif the horse..its a horsey day on dat date..
happy.gif
as far as i noe, its probably popular cos' there are many gd timings on the day itself..
waah..i muz be reali ks liao dan..i've booked my banquet venue 1 and 1/3 year before 30 oct 2004..nw i'm glad dat i did dat early as i didn't noe dat it was such a hot date leh...
rofl.gif

cawaii

hi fantasy,
tks for the concern. hopefully i will recover by cny. but if havent recover, dun care.. eat first then suffer later lor. how can miss all the cookies n bak gua for cny.
i aso wan to see ur pics! but cant access now, can email me?

ai ya cant take leave to go australia for ps, got internal audit. so my ps will only be on Apr 5. anyone here having their ps later than mine? think i m the slowest...

btw, who's David Loh?

cawaii

hi yvonne,
i agree w u, choosing gowns is the most headache! during my 1st, i cant decide wat i want after trying couple of gowns. dun kow how my gown will turn out, will only get to see after cny. cross my fingers...

dear_dear

Hi fantasy,

Ur hubby so good...My hubby will surely find it too troublesome...Guess wat...During the day before my ROM then last min (when the florist is abt to close) then he go & buy and its my MIL wanted him to buy...I already told my mum before if want him to give me flower or 'surprise' will only happen during wedding period...As wat I had guess...Aiyah my hubby is just like a 'wood' hahaha but at times of course he is good or else I won't chose him...

Hi cawaii,

So u chose MTM? Everything will be fine...I actually sign the packages during exhibition at Expo and I heard a lot of negative stuff in the forum...When I go to their bridal shop, OTR gowns are very simple & old fashioned. Even my mum say all not nice...Then the makeup artist coax me to take a gown which make me look so fat, ugly & older...I kept on say no no no then they no choice then took a brand new gown from the suitcase which arrived few days ago...That was the best among all I have seen OTR...So I was quite disappointed...I didn't chose MTM bcoz I dun have any confident with them so I better chose ready made one...Next mth, I will be going for the trial makeup. Hopefully, they will allow me to take photo.

momoechan

hi fencnef, no, definitely won't forget u since we all have the most impt day of our lives in common
happy.gif
btw, just noticed that you are using Image Garden for your PS, will you be using them for your AD? I guess the bad thing about choosing a popular date is that all of us will be 'fighting' for the same AD photographers huh? ;)

fi_fi

hi gers...
i'm back. so how's d conv going on? can seem dat we've new members
happy.gif

hi neece...
Thx,I've got it. wow, its really vri useful. now dan i realise i've so many things not settle yet. thx gal
happy.gif
happy.gif

lly

Hi Puzzlerain,

I've went to Paris for a few times liao. The first few times were meant for my ROM. After that, I went there twice to discuss my WG & EG. My package entitle me for MTM for both gowns, but have not decide whether 1 2 MTM or OTR leh. I afraid that if MTM and they turn out not nice, then how?? so still haven't decide. But I've met up with my designer, Jennifer, liao..not bad so far...my next meeting with her is after the CNY.

Jennifer told me that I need to decide whether 1 2 MTM the latest by end Feb or early Mar cos it takes abt 3 mths to make the gowns, and my PS is in Jun. So now me is trying to control my diet....

How abt u? Have u meet up with Paris's pple so far? Ur AD is a wk after me, so quite near to mine actually.

Ya, my lovenest is at SK. Which part of SK are you staying? Mine just opp the Compass Point.

sneaky

hi fantasy

yah, it's been a long while since i last posted. was really really busy lately.

and yes, your rom's indeed very romantic....nice nice...

bluestar

hi, FiFi & Piglets & All Dec 2004 brides

I also having my wedding on Christmas Eve, got some concern that the attendance rate will be poor. Have you gals considered that also? Really stress.......need your advise. Thanks

canny

Oraia,

Yeah.. got most of the things nailed down. Even went for a 1st fitting for my evening gown.
happy.gif

So how's ur preps?

fencnef

hi yvonne..
yup i'm getting imagegarden for PS and AD loh..when i chose the date, i didn't noe dat its popular loh..i booked IG like last year too..so u r sourcing for AD photographer? how's the find so far?
happy.gif
studio d'fia..the latest work i saw was at a fren's wedding..gorgeous!!..
happy.gif

odie

How's everyone holding out?
biggrin.gif

Smurfy, I'm in the same boat as you... another 22 days to go.

Still waiting for my album... don't think it will be a prob... but very kan cheong to see the final product... kekekekke =p

RSVP doing fine... almost 95% of my guests have confirmed attendance. But have a few tables of 9 pax... and did not prepare for any backups to fill the space. Think I will have to leave it empty =p. So for those having their wedding towards the end of the month... please do cater more time for things like 2nd round of invite sending rsvp, friends who will take a while to come back with reply blah blah blah. Oh yes... mails do get lost. So far one of my friend's invite was lost in the mail and looks like I will need to resend another one to her. I ran out of cards at one point (underestimated) and had to send for 2nd round printing. It's a bit time consuming but personally I think its a good to drop emails, sms or call up your guests 1 week after posting out the invites... that way you can ensure that they got the invites and at the same time do RSVP
biggrin.gif

Nitty gritty stuff here and there to attend to... but due to CNY around the corner, things will have to come to a standstill
uhoh.gif

amethyst

hi poshies and everyone!
I've just selected my photos for PS.
will be ready mid feb. havn't start writing invite.. doing this weekend or monday so that i can hand-deliver to relatives during CNY!
have a great weekend!

oraia

hi canny,

wow! that's really quick!
happy.gif

did u go to ted wu to make ur evening gown in the end? or did u choose another tailor?

for me, i've done most of the necc bookings. now waiting to go for my 1st appt. at the bridal studio. am looking at making my own wedding favours as well, so i'm doing some internet "research"
happy.gif

oraia

hi shy,

i think don't worry lah... if u start ur wedding dinner early and it ends early, ur guests will still have time to party after that and "countdown" to x'mas
happy.gif
i'm sure ur relatives and good friends will turn up for ur wedding celebrations even if it's x'mas eve!
happy.gif

my 2 cents...

oceans

Hai yooo... many things to do... thing i need to settle my guest list first!! Sigh..

Poshies, nice meeting you too. At least one thing settled!

Have A good weekend! Last weekend b4 CNY

fantasy

Hi Cawaii,

I need you to have a yahoo ID to grant you access.
U have any??

Yvonne, really that bad ah? Then maybe I shld stop complaining that my hubby not romantic.

mee_mee

Hi ladies,

Glad to hear that all are holding out... not so fine.. but seems we are all surviving! ha ha..

I am one of the later ones to hold the wedding in feb, so all those who have theirs earlier much tell us whether the wedding went fine. : )

Amethyst, do u need to pay to use SAM for photo shoot?

tsubame

Hi ladies,

Collected my cards yesterday. Now have to start compiling guest list liao.

My food tasting tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Hope it will be nice, else my In-Laws...
lame.gif

fairymoss

fantasy,

I can't access the URL, how come? I got a Yahoo account, but when i click the link, it says the file is not accessible. so i sign in, then how to go to your photo album from there? sorry, i very suaku one.

piglets

Hi Shy

Don't worie so much.... Shun qi zhi run... That what i can say, for relative side don't worie they confirm will come. As for frend beta do RSVP wif them 2 weeks before you actual days. That will be alrite...

feroy

fencnef,

you're saying 30th Oct clashes with Rat? oh uh... my daddy's a Rat... and so is my sister (who's gonna be the bridesmaid....) so how ah...? me clueless abt such stuff...

smurfy

Hi Odie,
I collected my photo album and travel tickets for honeymoon yesterday. My guest list is almost confirmed because I didn't invite too many friends. My FH still struggling with his guest list cos he is inviting almost 10 tables of friends. Almost thot we are running out of cards too, so told close friends (like those helpers) that we will email them inserts instead..hehee...

Things to do now is mostly on the nitty gritty things for the actual day, eg. preparing how much red packets to give to helpers, wrap up ang box box, call up buffet caterers, buy tea pot set, prepare song list and AD programs.. guess we'll just do the planning during the long break next weekend :p

feroy

kkwai...

me prefer film too as the colours are usually more vivid... however, Yk was saying that the drawback would be that we can't have a choice of have b/w pics if we go for film...

will discuss in detail when i meet up with him...

fairymoss

Hello..

Added on mine...

Girlfriend: 2 June, Flamingo Bridal, Concorde Hotel (click my nick for email, i cant post it)
Cawaii: 2 June, Whitelink, Marriott ([email protected])
Jo : 2 June, Flamingo Bridal, Oriental Hotel
Yvonne : 5 June, Kowloon, CDANS Country Club ([email protected])
bread: 5 June, Silverlining, River City Restaurant
Fantasy: 6 June, Frederick Lee Bridal, Raffles The Plaza ([email protected])
Cubby: 6 June, Milan, Pan Pacific ([email protected])
Sugarbaby : 6 June, Fame, Meritus Mandarin
Pianokey: 12 June, Flamingo Bridal, Marriott ([email protected])
Fairymoss: 20 June, Irene's Creation, Sheraton Towers ([email protected])
Onee : 20 June, Ted Collection (DIY), Hotel Inter-Continental
Mel: 20 June , Jawn Happy Ever After,Le Meridien([email protected])
kokchien: 26 June, Universal BS, Pearl River Restaurant ([email protected])
Cat: 27 June, X-Zen, Four Seasons ([email protected])
Sneaky: 6 June, Wedding News, Ritz Carlton ([email protected])

cubby

hi yvonne,
true true..select gown very headache one.. need to spend so long somemore leh.. either got too many gd choices or too little choices.. :p think we got to be very patience when selecting.. hopefully my new coordinator also got lots of patience..

hi cawaii,
david loh is the most popular JP
happy.gif
tats y i didnt managed to engage him as my solemniser haiz!

hi fantasy,
i also cant access ur pics leh. i got the sam eprob as fairymoss, sign in but dun now how to proceed leh.. maybe u can e-mail us hehe thks!!!
happy.gif

twinkleglint

hi neece
long time never come in here to talk liao cos i have finished most of the prepareation like photographer, videographer, BS....but i m interested in your list, pls email me can? sorry for the trouble, tks.

questy

Hi feroy,
yeah, 30 oct clashes with rat. Mayb ur dad and sister can hide in room for a while when u go out of house and when u step in to ur house for tea ceremony. As for ur sister, she can go out of the house before u, and come in after u when going back home, just dun appear at the same time. I think tat will solve the pblm liao.

I going to meet mable lee 2m, it's really a very hot date cos many AD photographers i've called r taken up, so we really hv to act fast, if the meet up is ok, i may just sign up with her.

fencnef

hey feroy..

questy is rite..they can hide and not to face u directly..as long as u dun face each other during the ceremony and at the same time, its ok..
i dun understand why you cant choose b/w if go for film..probably u can let me noe when u check wif ur photographer..
happy.gif

feroy

oh no... then tea ceremony? does this means i shouldn't serve tea to my dad?

fencenef,
he was saying that if i wan b/w, it'll be whole roll of b/w... meaning once he loads the b/w film in, the next 36 shots will be b/w... if i want colour, then gotta wait for the b/w roll to finish first before he can load the colour film... as such, he thinks it'll be 'lay che' for him to do b/w as well for film...

momoechan

Hi fencnef,
Ok, so, I can rule out getting Image Garden for my AD shots then
happy.gif
As for b&w shots & colour for AD, a friend of mine used a journalistic style photographer for her wedding too (back in 2002, before the photojournalistic AD shots were made popular) and he had 2 film cameras with him that day, one for b&w & the other for colour. Yup, it's definitely troublesome since unlike digital, once you load a film into the camera, u've to finish the whole roll before you switch to another film. His shots were great too, he took their wedding album shots too. It's not the traditional bridal gown shots before your wedding. Hers was unconvetional. They went to Pulau Ubin for all their shots and it was all in b&w and they were normal clothes. They wanted to capture the happy moments they spend together as a couple in their album. The photos were really beautiful as well.

Hi Ivory, latest update for you, we just signed up with Santiago yesterday, so, I'm another Santiago Bride
happy.gif
Will have our first appt on 7 Feb. Thanks for noting
happy.gif

momoechan

oh dear, just noticed that the message was actually meant for feroy and not fencnef, sorry, must be sunday blues, making me blur hee hee

tsubame

Hi ladies,

Had my food tasting today. Quite ok, at least In Laws side no complaints.

BTW, Chan Bros having their travel fair on 29th Feb. They say if departure after 2nd week of Mar, book at fair should be not problem.
wink.gif