(2004) Brides of year 2004

feroy

hehe... din know that 30th is a good date... cos when we wanted to book hotel, all the weekends on Sep & Oct taken up... finally managed to get a date at Panpac on 31 Oct, which is a Sun... as we're having a church blessing too, we have to do it on 30th as the church does not allow us to use its premises on sundays due to the services... so now my AD's split into 2 days... which is fine with me, cos i get more rest and can enjoy the banquet fully instead of being 'zombied' at the end of the day...
happy.gif

good to hear that 30th is a good day for marriage... din check if it clashes with parent's or our zodiac signs though... both of us are not too bothered with it (which is why we din even check the date before booking).. does any of you know what signs that day clashes with? so far my parents have not mentioned anything, although my mom asked me to just check if it's a good day for wedding... so if it is... great!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

fantasy

Hey cawaii,

Take care ok... Will be very xian if you dont recover by the new year day. Dont even think of the tarts and bak kua now.

Hi sneaky, long time no hear from you... welcome back.

wedding9999

Thanks rabbitwsk !

I actually also wat 30 Oct but fully booked, so juz take 1 wk earlier lor for 23 Oct.....;p...becos we wat only sat....;p

Dunno gd date or not becos juz anyhow pick the sat that is not booked yet....;p

Mmm....it seems no one take this date leh....;p...any one heard from fengshui shifu if 23 Oct gd date or not ?

Hey nicke, my BS also santiago. Who's yr coordinator ?

cubby

hi yvonne,
i think march PS timing is just nice...moreover u had ur gowns all sorted out liao... must be quite relax liao hor :p

hi fantasy,
u are lucky to book david loh leh.. imagine still got so many mths to june already ganna booked up!
hey.. me not buying any accessories, will only borrow fm my fren if neccesssary :p
wah.. you long zi really quite exp hor... think maybe only very impt things then consult him heehee.. otherwise very broke leh hehe

hi mel,
david loh : hp 97425005
my wrist corsage cost btw $3-5 each. depending on which design u like. then see how many u geting then we will give a pacakge price.
happy.gif
u interested to see the real thing? nicer than pics leh
so this jawn sound not bad huh. i will let my fren know.
actually they already sign up w meridien, think also sasi serve them
happy.gif

hi bow_wow,
hehe yes my BS got include AD..it is just tat haven select only.. they say dun select too early. maybe apr then select cos they always got new gowns coming in.. so its 5+2=7 gowns altogether :p but if i can find any new gowns that i like then i will take the PS gowns liao...
i already added u to MSN
happy.gif

hi cawaii,
thks 4 the compliments!!
me definitely not guai, had been happily munching and munching.. haiz!
sad.gif
somemore my PS is one week after CNY leh.. how to look nice aiyo..

canny

Hi,

Neece: My trip was GREAT! Did not have time to log on in SG as I was running around like a mad woman trying to get my wedding preps done. I got a great deal done thou... so very very happy

Brambles, Oraia & Piglets: Hihi

ivory

michellekoh...
aiya.. u oni 3 yrs older than me... like dat call old meh??

nicole...
u r not the oni one getting married on 31 Oct, feroy n iluydia oso having their banquet on 31 Oct ah
happy.gif

kkwai...
kekeke... sheep or goat nevermind lah... all belongs to the meh meh family
happy.gif

gals.. thanks for ur updates
happy.gif
me will post the updated list on every Mon, will that be alright?

stardus

hi HP,

which day of NOV? me kaypoh.. hahah.. think u have to speed up sourcing of venue. When I source mine in Nov last year, also quite difficult, but still can find lah.

nicole_look

yo ivory..
but theirs hold their banquet on a separate day lor....

hanyan...thanks...most probably go engaged century roxy park hotel and also scared my frens will throw us into the pool after dinner...they will sure plan for that....... 'sob sob' must be prepared to kana sabo by their liao......

babysheep22

I purposely chose 9 oct, cos apparently for me and hubby's "animal" combination, it's just a average date for getting married. Not the super hot, best date.

If really super hot, we would not be able to book banquet and church all on the same day. But thank God, managed to. if not I'll have to split into 2 days.

stubbilla

hello Moonlight, thinking of 20 Nov 04, but it's a real popular dates, till now, still can't find one available, even restaurants also booked. when is yours? you holding your banquet where?

biggrin.gif

shinchan

Jamci, ya that's very true, USD is the only currency depreciating, while GBP & EUR appreciate like nobody biz...
biggrin.gif

I think both of us share the same idea, go for package first then have the last few day F&E... But u intend to have 5 days F&E, so long ah? We are only looking into 2 to 3 days F&E... Which package u looking at? 8days, 10days or 12 days?

Blim, does it matter which side is the card facing when we placed in the envelope? I think no preference, rite?
uhoh.gif
I din even notice how it was placed when I received the cards from friends...
happy.gif

nickel

hi rabbitwsk, blurq...
do pass me a few photography k..thanx! i oso dun know whether i am using film or digital?which is better?how about the price?i am thinking of the budget of $500-800..
wink.gif

hi wedding9999..
my coordinator is sia, i havent meet up with him yet, first appt is end of month..hope that things will go well..u leh?make appt oredi? dun wori, 23 oct is also a good date if both of u feel comfortable, agree?
smile.gif

and thanx ivory for keeping us update!cheers!

kkitty

Thanks Wendy! my other option will be Dang, jawn happy ever after... will be still looking out since we decided to delay our wedding to next year.

ivory

kkwai...
ya.. getting more n more brides joining.. so gals.. dun bomb me if i acidently left out any details k? me a super short-sighted yan3 jing4 she2.. kekekeke...
happy.gif

stubbilla

well, at the situation I'm in, I really have no choices. I approach a lot of hotels and restaurants liao, eg, Hyatt, MM, Raffles Marina, Amara, InterContinental, Pan Pacific, Imperium, etc. you name it, I likely to ask liao.
happy.gif

11 Nov is a weekday leh, your customary on that day? any problem getting friends to help? my mum also say change to weekdays easier to source for venuw.

momoechan

Hi wedding9999 & nickel
both of you signed up with santiago? i'm planning to sign on with them tomorrow. Will bring my FH down with me as I've been the only one doing the scouting so far. Need to include him in the wedding preparations or he'll just be an accessory for the bride hee hee.

Nickel, my AD is going to be 30 Oct also. No banquet as well as we've phobia of it after going thru so many. Will have a reception at the club house at our new place.

Do keep me posted about your experience with Santiago. I'm using them cos my friend used them and I've seen their photos, very well taken and she was very happy with their service.

dear_dear

hi cubby,

kind of relaxing at the moment...Coz most of the things are settle...But when chosing gowns is the most headache moment...

hi fantasy,

u look very beautiful & your rom is so romantic...how i wish i had a romantic rom but too bad my hubby is not a romantic guy...hehehe congrats to you...

stardus

hahah.. its a uncomfirm holiday. Well, I just attended a friend's wedding on monday. I am one of her jie mei. Think even if its a weekday, good friends will still take leave to help if their help is needed.

actually, i hope 11 nov not a holiday. hope that deepavali falls on 12 nov instead. at least my guest can enjoy themselves more!

momoechan

Hi rabbitwsk & happybride, so glad to see that I have some company here, I'm also a rabbit hee hee. For a moment, I felt like an 'aunty' cos there are so many sheeps, horses and snakes here.
happy.gif

I'm new to this thread, heard about it from my cousin and friends but never really ventured into the forum till now, while I'm trying to shortlist the BS. It's a good thing I came here because I'd sort of shortlisted 2 BS at tanjong pagar (my office is here and I do my 'research' during lunch) but when I went into the threads for both BS and read more about them, I re-evaluated my choices.

Will most likely sign up with Santiago tomorrow, hope I'm making the right choice
happy.gif

blueberry

Hi Ivory,

Dun worry.. Here got many eyes help you see.
Sure won't miss out :p

I just confirm my first fitting and PS.
Fitting on 1/2 and PS on 2/7.
Pray hard everything goes well.
happy.gif

Hi Gals,

I am also looking out for photographers. Budget less than $1K. Photographer - one can look out for details.
Anyone got lobang, let me know .
Thanks in advance.
happy.gif

nickel

yvonne, do bring your FH along k..i think we are in the sameboat too! i was the one doing the hunting and finally i managed to pull him along to go with me!
happy.gif

i think its nice to have a reception with all your loved ones and friends with you!

my advice for you is to go at least three BS and do some homework before signing with anyone k..do keep me update as well..happy hunting!
biggrin.gif

blurq

hi feroy,
Yes, I heard that her husband is in photography too..but dun have the budget to engage 2..cos' am looking for videographer as well..
sad.gif

U want to know which animal clashes on 30th?
Okie, check for u but can only give u the info on mon, cos' the details is not with me rite now.

hi ivory,
Dun worry, we won't bomb u wan..if we bomb u, there will be no one to update our particulars..
happy.gif

hi nickel,
Okie, I will send u the photographers' contacts that I meet..
happy.gif

hi gals,
Njoy ur wkend, having chinese new year mood now..
happy.gif

Cheers

momoechan

Hi Nickel, thanks, actually, I'd started my 'research' 2 years ago, when we first discussed about marriage!

hee hee, super kiasu right? Bought Her World Brides, accompanied friends to their bridal fittings, trial make ups, co-ordinated their weddings, etc. I've practically gone into every single BS here at Tanjong Pagar, cos my office is here. Some impressed me, some didn't. Was actually very happy with one of them until I read their threads here.

Went down to Santiago yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that I got everything I wanted there and more. Was very happy with their service as well. So, I'm very eager to go down with my FH and sign with them
happy.gif

do keep me posted about your appts with Santiago, will be great to share some pointers
happy.gif

feroy

hi all,

for those of you who've been to the homepage of SB recently, you'll notice they have a new promo for hurricadia (hope i got the spelling rite) photography... AD photography $600 only if you are a SB card holder... tot it's a pretty good deal... went into their webby to look look see see, the pics they showed were pretty good... so those of you who're interested, can ring them up for a meet-up...
must clarify that i've zero experience with them so dunno abt their quality, service and such... just saw the promo and tot I'll share with you guys... anyone who's interested can check them out...

feroy

blurq,

you looking around for videographer as well? any lobangs? i'm looking for one too... but the better well-known ones are all too pricey... got to stick within budget...
sad.gif

momoechan

Hi Feory, now there are 8 of us who are getting hitched on 30 Oct
happy.gif
Wow, some of you have already confirmed your BS. And I thought I was early (cos my FH kept saying I'm being kia su, he wanted to settle the house first, before we make preparations for our wedding). Now, I've got proof to tell him that I'm not the only one, in fact, we're considered late! ;)

Hi Ivory
You've done a great job in updating the tables. Would appreciate if you can include me in it as well. Will keep you posted when I confirm our BS
happy.gif

Cheers

wedding9999

Hi Yvonne, actually hv u went o santiago yrself to take a look at their wedding photos ? If u like it, then bring her FH along this time.

I signed up with Joey. She is a make-up artist. Friendly, slim & pretty too....;p

If u going tomm, maybe will see her tomm. Then u can tell her that her customer - another slim slim girl (AD on 23 Oct) send her regards to her....;p

feroy

yvonne,
welcome!! wow... seems like that date is pretty hot... maybe our bridal cars will just zoom past each other that day... hahaha...

going by this thread, you can tell your Hubby that you guys are real late...
happy.gif
think some brides have already completed their MTM gowns... me very gan cheong now too... i've not settled on my BS package yet too... everyday also pester pester hubby... hahaha...

but seriously, take your time to browse around and see what you really like and who you're comfortable with... you actually still have time la... so dun wori that much...

feroy

ivory, that's right.. you're going an excellent job....! thanks a zillion!!! yup, think updating it every Mon is great...! hope it's not too much trouble for you....
happy.gif

momoechan

Hi wedding9999, yup, have been there a couple of times. First time was 1 and a half year back, went with my friend to help her choose her pic, she selected 80+ in total! The 2nd time was yesterday evening, after work.

Han Jie served me. He had served my friend previously when we went to select her pic also, so he recognised me (or so he says, cos he only said that after I said I've been there before with my friend hee hee)

Okie dokie, will pass on your message to Joey if I see her tomorrow
happy.gif

stubbilla

well, I'm scare that they can't take leave even if they want to. you chose a BS liao? I'm just realise I should start looking for one instead of focusing on searching venue.

momoechan

hmm... now i know why all the BS I went into exclaimed "30 Oct ah?" when I told them my wedding date, so many of us are getting married on that day! hahahaha

yup, if we do pass by each other on the roads that day, better wave ;)

yah, when I heard some of the gals here have completed their MTM gowns, my jaws nearly dropped!

hee hee, forey, good, one more person who has yet to settle her bridal package, that's some consolation for me
happy.gif

ivory

kkwai...
ya... better help me look out for new details... cos me now very busy with my boss on maternity leave n i gotta handle 5 projects with deadline on end Feb... can die ah.... n my boss oni coming back in Mar...

blurq...
ya... cannot bomb me... wait i blind cannot update the details u have to take over liao... hahahhaha....

hi hi Yvonne...
no problem, i've added u to the list oledi
happy.gif

forest...
dun call me a saviour lah *blush* i din save ur life yet... kekekeke....

feroy...
updating on every Mon is better than i update everytime there's new details... i worry later chin leng ban me from coming in cos i used up too much of the upload megabytes... kkekekeke
proud.gif

feroy

yvonne,
heehee... think there're a couple of brides like us too.. what abt banquet? have you settled on that yet? if not, this one must hurry hurry chop chop settle...

momoechan

ivory,
thanks, u're really fast
happy.gif
i'm sure all of us appreciate your initiative
happy.gif

feroy,
nope, not having a banquet, too many nightmares about them, especially after having gone through my FH's brother's 1 year plus ago. going to keep it simple with tea ceremony & a lunch reception at our new place's club house. have always wanted a poolside wedding, so, it might come true after all (as long as the weather holds up for us on that day
happy.gif
) so, i'll need to start sourcing for caterers. any good suggetsions? my FH would like to keep it to under 50 people but it seems most wedding caterers need a min a 100 pax. at least that's what I see on their websites. haven't tried talking to them yet. maybe when i talk to them, they may be able to provide some alternative suggestions, we'll see. The clubhouse at our new place isn't that big either, so, may not be able to hold 100 people also. also trying to come up with a simple programme for that day so that our guests won't be lost since it's not a proper sit down reception and there won't be any solemnisation (we ROM-ed last Feb), so, our guests will be pretty scattered...

feroy

kkwai,

i made a tentative booking with him for my dates... still haven't met up with him or signed anything yet.. but most prob will sign after meeting him...

he's charging around $620 for AD film photography, 8 rolls... for digital, it's around $820plus... if split into different days, surcharge of $100 to $150 i think...

are you considering him? if so, better block him first cos he's very hot... my fren tried to book him for dec but he's taken up already...

feroy

yvonne,

u rom-ed last feb? me too!!!
happy.gif
which day...?

caterers? no fantastic lobangs... if you're looking at value for $ ones, then the common ones would be Select, Continental Delights... I've used Select before and they're pretty good...

Actually, you dun have to take their wedding menu... don't have to tell them that it's for a wedding... just normal buffet catering or hi-tea... of cos, they won't provide the frills such as cakes, flowers, etc...

If you've a higher budget, you can try Hyatt's catering... very good but pricey...