(2004) Brides of year 2004

secret_garden

Hi ivory n orosalind!

ivory,
tomolo we go by telepathy ok?
in case i don;t come in tomolo, i wish you happy weekend ok. be guai here ok
happy.gif

you really very funny. mine is life shorten a fre years cos i drag him to go shopping and he qi4 si3
you are the opposite .
happy.gif

orosalind,
i also not working tomolo leh
happy.gif

hehe
hey, you know how to do montage? animation? cartoon ones?
how?
i interested leh!
VERY INTERESTED!!!
quick tell me!

blim

BinBin, yes yes yes!! We must be looking at the same pair!
biggrin.gif

Thanks shinchan. I'll make a trip to Wisma later today.
happy.gif

onee

Cubby : Ya lor, been very busy @ work. So postponing your ROM to? Meeting my florist in a while, will discuss with her too, thanks for your advise. You have a point too, it's more for Ah Yee lah...

orosalind

Secret, haha, u same as me ah.
happy.gif
I'm using powerpoint. What u nid to know, you can ask me in details cos I oso dunno what u looking for. For me, I just want a simple one with black background then each photos animate one by one into the front and with music. The first one will be like those movie making video with countdown of 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, then the pics will start to come out and music starts. The cartoon one I oso have but dun think I will use that.

Then I think each table 1 to 1.5 bottle is gd enuf lah.

Hi all, enjoy ur weekend.

blueberry

Hi Gals,

Half a day din come in and there is so much message.
Me doing my own pillow ring and book too
happy.gif
got ideas on the design.

Let me get it right.
Secret Garden, you want wine?? I think wine celler got sale.
Carefor got good selection of wine too. Price should be ok.

Hi Ivory,

Envy you. You hubby drag you out for shopping. I got to drag my hubby out.
sad.gif
sometimes ended up me shop by self..

hoshi5

Hi ino,
dun worry, when is ur GDL?
I think there's still time to go and buy the things rite?....
Hv u bought all the things?... I maybe buying the GDL things on behalf of my mom too...
sad.gif

Any idea where to buy them? thxs!

gerlynn

OH MY GODDESS!!!! HAHAHA...Im so happy that so many of us are getting married on 23Sept'04!!!! esp considering the fact that it is a WEEKDAY!!!!hehehe...
happy.gif

hi annie, i have booked hyatt for dinner and camellia houte couture for BS...so not doing much liaoz...am considering beetles at work for my AD photography coz am taking it for my BS shoot..think wont make loss la...thiink people will at least give 60??? how much is your per table???

hi kate...have u decided on your BS?? better hurry...seems like next year really a hot year for marriage...hehe..

hi Dabee...so u decided your venue n BS already???ya...my PIL also very particular abt date..insist we take this date..if not i will choose weekend...

hi wenli...ya...agree with cassie and dabee that you will really be surprised that alot of the dates, esp weekends, would have been fully taken up by now..esp those popular place...think u beta quick make a tentative booking ist...

chenoa

Hi Hi Hi!

wow, this tread is suddenly so on sia.... I jut had to glance through the long long strings of correspondences..... if read carefully, sure take me ages

Ivory and orosalind, you are not the last two lah... me also haven't confoirm list yet. But I think no hurry right now. as long as you estimate can meet the min. tables can liao.

Secret, me also don't know how to estimate my guest drinking capability. lucky hotel offer free flow and corkage free. Likely to bring in at least 1bottle-1table of red wines plus another handful extras. The next question also is what wine to buy. me dun drink so dunno how to tell which is cheap and good leh. we must advise one another ....:p

kk, you know of anyplace offer free wine tasting before we buy?

Orosalind, Me not very good in powerpoint. will have to learn from you leh. I also think a simple one will do. Too many graphics or animation can distract attention from the photos itself.

wenn21

Oh my gosh! Thanks for the advice.

I have to settle my booking of venue first before the Bridal salons now!
Does it mean that i call up the co-ordinator and check out if the dinner for my wedding date is still available.

If it is, let them know that i want to book that date tentatively is it?
Do i have to pay a deposit for that first? or they will hold on to that date for only a few days?

Thanks.

Worried,
wenli

girlfriend

hi secret_garden, amos & all

My AD is 02 June 2004(Flamingo, Concorde Hotel, Sengkang)

AD photographer & videographer also confirmed already.

Hi DJ444,

U signed up wif Flamingo too? Hope to cya at flamingo thread.

amethyst

Hi Smurfy
Thanks v much, saw your pics liao.
so sweet! Your CS is WOW! Will you cut off Red & Black CS's little 'tail' after your wedding?

Mee Mee,
Me thinking of getting another white EG too, although I have WG and CS already. I know budget is impt, but it's also once in a lifetime! If you have been careful with money, why not? just my two cents' worth.

ivory

Secret,
ah…. goo chi goo chi goo chi… kekekeke… still feeling ticklish??

20 tables… then u prepare 1.5 bottle per table shd be ok lah
happy.gif
rather prepare more than not enuf rite
happy.gif
then after the wedding the excess u n ur hubby drink on “1 Month Wedding Anniversary”, “3 Months Wedding Anniversary”, “1 Year Wedding Anniversary”, “5Years Wedding Anniversary”, etc…..

im sending u the “telepathy”…. can u receive??

Secret / kk,
bo bian lah… cos I really dun like to go shopping mah… unless im forced to.. else I wun go shopping one.. rather stay at home n watch TV.. kekekeke… im a typical couch potato
happy.gif

orosalind,
u so good with ur powerpoint ah? can make it look like movies with music? teach me leh..
happy.gif

Chenoa,
too many postings till u blur liao lah… not left me n orosalind.. its orosalind n blurg lah… but I oso have not settle on the guest list lah… so far oni I compile my draft list for my frens n colics… waiting for my hubby n both sides of parents to decide on theirs
happy.gif

twinkleglint

hi happybride,
mine hubby is on my side for reno. last time, he always side his mummy, then we fought alot. but i use the soft approach on such things, never speak bad abt his family, esp the mummy. we analyse things first, i told him we mus b clear of wat we want not force ourselves to accept wat they wan us to be. then it is up to him to sweet talk his mummy..hehehehe. anyway, i love my MIL too, jus tat sometimes, her thinking abit old fashion n a bit stubbon cos she dun wan us to regret n is for our own good. lucky my own parents is very easy-going if both side also stubbon, then both hubby n me will b very stress....anyway, now, we put it aside till she cool down then talk again.

----------------------
hi all newbies, welcome here. wow this thread is getting heated. also pls update the wedding list.

------------------------
me also looking at AD photographers n videographers. me shortlisted berryhappy and beetles @ work for photographers. as for videographer i have shortlisted atexxxx X and stefine. as for moo, i m going to see them this sunday.

I have meet up wif a few of the photographers n videographers before shortlisting but i will not comment here, if you need to kn more, u can PM me or email me for some honest feedbacks.

i still left with reno, gown selection and mtm section with BS and BS photographers not selected. that's all. *phew*.....the BS & reno part is going to be a long process.

-------------------------------
btw, i got some prob with my ex contractor n now i m chasing back for refunds. but they keep telling me that they are checking then no news fr them. thinking of logging a complaint but HOW? can ur help?

twinkleglint

hi meixia
i m with WL, i love bustier too, my ROm gown also bustier. my PS will b in jun as for my mtm gown, my BS will call me after CNY.

hi girls,
me never search thru the mag cos i have a rough idea of wat i wan.......bustier lor........hahahaa. but hor, as long as i look nice can liao. i m jus worry on my photos. for PS gown, no matter what type u choose, the developed pics wil look the same (cos all gowns r white mah), pple emphasis more on the couple's facial expression, the poses and the presentation of the ablum. this is how i see when i look at other pples pics.

i think for one of my PS gown i m going to choose a 2 pcs one cos at least it looks diff n more outstanding.

talk again............me going to meeting AD photographers & videographers.....bye

wendy_aw

SecretGarden

Hi..I'm Amos's fiance..
Yeap, I'm a Christian so we'll be following the christian ceremony at CHJIMES. But cos it's at another location, my pastor cannot solemnize our wedding which is why we have to get a JP.
At CHIJMES, they'll provide you with 300 chairs max. But since we won't have so many ppl attending, probably 100 will do just fine.

wendy_aw

Hello Lin!! Long time no see. So you hang out in this thread now huh.

I'm an April bride too!! April 2nd

Actually, I find that it's really an advantage to have a wedding during April. It's soooooooo easy to book everything. HEhehe...As long as everyone isn't pantang..then things will go so smoothly.

icechoco

hi wendy,
hehe...i seldom hang out lah in SB forum nowadays. Yes..agree. You're having your wedding earlier than mine
happy.gif

Nowadays also don't see you posting. Always see your FH posting.
happy.gif

How's everything in singapore?

Ooh...Sorry Secret Garden, I haven't met up with anyone at all! Maybe in the next two weeks I can tell you more...haven't even begun making any appts.

Heh, I didn't know that my full name would be reflected on the screen...now i'm wondering wat the username is for...anyway, call me DJ :D Thanks!

smallonion

wow...more & more newbies. WELCOME all of u!!!
Ya seem like Sengkang & Puggol is quite a popular place for young couple, hehehe maybe cos also not much choice left.

Cin_p..u got more 'kaki' liao, hehehehe

xue

Hi ocean, pageup and amethyst

I also having my customary wedding and ROM on the 21st Feb 2004. Can i join in too?

So glad that most of you had gone for your outdoor and indoor shots. Me still haven't yet, will be taking them on the 05 December. Very scare that it will rain.

Any good place to recommend for outdoor photo session? I am thinking of going to Sentosa and Saint Andrew Cathedral.

Does Sentosa also have a chapel too?

lillian

Hi Ladies

I've finally come out of the closet after lurking for so long
happy.gif

My wedding date is on the 6 March and from what I can see, it seems like a hot date.

Could anyone tell me where I can get a platinum wedding band for around $300? I'm looking one that has a shiny finish as oppose to one with a matt finish. I've tried Lee Hwa/Aspial, Soo Kee, Gold Heart but theirs starts at around $1,000.

Thanks!

cheers
lillian

tigger

I know there is one shop at the chinatown that sells traditional wedding stuff. Maybe you can check it out. I know there are also those chinese medical shops so should be easy to get those "lian Zhi" ...... and other stuff while you are there.

gerlynn

hi wenli...

ya...shortlist those u have in mind...call them up and check availability, if have then make appointment...if you like it then make tentative booking..normally only hold afew days or week, dep on whether they have people who oso want that date....no deposit required for tentative...

amos_aw

<font color="ff0000">Newbies, please read.</font>

Ok. Here's what we'll do. For those who don't mind letting everyone know when your AD is, just copy and paste this list into your reply box, and add your details to it. We'd like your photographer/bridal shop etc.,dinner venue,solemnization venue and the area which you currently live in or will live in, IF APPLICABLE. Input whatever you feel is relevant towards helping someone else out. THAT IS WHAT WE'RE HERE FOR!
bounce.gif

Do keep the same format please, and make sure to copy and paste the most recent revision. Thanks
happy.gif
. Don't worry about any screwups, i'll fix them as they come. I've saved the original encoding.

We'll just keep this running till everyone's in it. Then anyone who would like a copy, just copy and paste it in MSWord or something. Here we go. Just copy and paste everything after this<font face="symbol">®</font>

<font color="ff0000">Weddings in 2004</font> <font color="119911">(EFFECTIVE Sunday November 23, 2003 – 3:52am)</font>

<font color="0000ff">JANUARY</font>
3rd – yoyo (Sophia Wedding, Park Royal Plaza, Bishan)
3rd – Bonjon (Thomson Wedding Design, The Chervons, Jurong West)
7th – Cin_p (Universal, Grand Copthorne Waterfront, Sengkang)
7th – ino (Everbliss, Hotel Inter-Continental, West Coast)

<font color="0000ff">FEBRUARY</font>
21st – xue (Grassroot Club)

<font color="0000ff">MARCH</font>

<font color="0000ff">APRIL</font>
2nd – Amos &amp; Wendy (Chijmes Hall, Conrad, Pasir Ris)
24th – Ang Bee Kah (Milan Wedding, Grand Court Vegetarian @ Orchard, Bukit Gombak)

<font color="0000ff">MAY</font>

<font color="0000ff">JUNE</font>
5th – Bread (Silverlining, Wang Jiang Lou, Aljunied)
20th – Fairymoss (Irene’s Creation, Sheraton Towers, Bishan)

<font color="0000ff">JULY</font>

<font color="0000ff">AUGUST</font>

<font color="0000ff">SEPTEMBER</font>
26th – Ralphine (Wedding News, Sheraton Towers, Sengkang)
28th – kokopooh (BV, Sheraton Towers)

<font color="0000ff">OCTOBER</font>
1st – Secretgarden (Conrad)
2nd – happybride (JLC, *no banquet*, Dover))
4th – Ivory (Popular Honeymoon, Hyatt, CCK)

<font color="0000ff">NOVEMBER</font>
14th – Taurus (Whitelink, Pan Pacific, Punggol)
21st – Seabreeze (White Link, Sheraton Towers, Bishan) *Banquet on 24th Nov.
26th – RoChEr (Marriot)

<font color="0000ff">DECEMBER</font>
3rd – smallonion (everbliss, Concord Hotel)
5th – Twinkleglint (Whitelink, Pan Pacific, Woodlands)
11th – Michelle Teo (Santiago, M Hotel, Punggol)
12th – Velooi (JB BS, Orient Ocean, Woodlands)
16th – Soupie (JLC, Trader’s Hotel, Bedok/Punggol)
19th – Doremon (Santiago, *no banquet*, Sengkang)
19th – Trisha (Swissotel)

carebear112004

Hello brides2b, i am shopping for some possible bridal service providers, any creative ones which you like to share? I found a interesting videographer so far, how about for gowns? do you know who is the most creative for a modern and outgoing bride? any ideas?

bitrix

Hello BinBin!
It's me Beatrice,tks for your recommendation for the Poppy Flora Studio. I have met up with Linda yesterday and have confirmed with her for my hand and car decoration. I would say that her price is indeed reasonable! Tks a lot! And all the best to you!

fairladys

Hi ic,
Sorry for the late reply! my wedding on the 18th april but dinner the next day (19th) cos budget leh.....

Wat have u gals done? i dnt knw where to start fm.... me, going to select my gown on thursday liao! so fast............

pageup

Hi Xue,

Welcome to this thread.

I think there is a chapel in sentosa, read that many couples took photo there.
happy.gif

Have a rain proof location like millenia walk as backup location.
Anyway, not to worry. the photographers aer usually experience enough to help you with selecting right location for PS
happy.gif

Hi Amethyst,
I like the details at the back of your gown

Hi poshies,

thanks. but i guess we may not want to have the pic on our invitation card. There is an additional charge to it, which my ah lao think it isn't worth to spend.

Hello, I'll add mine:

Weddings in 2004 (EFFECTIVE Sunday November 23, 2003 – 6:22pm)

JANUARY

FEBRUARY

MARCH

APRIL
24th – Ang Bee Kah (Milan Wedding, Grand Court Vegetarian @ Orchard, Bukit Gombak)

MAY
22nd - DJ (Flamingo, GCW, dunno)

JUNE

JULY

AUGUST

SEPTEMBER

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER
26th – RoChEr (Marriot)

DECEMBER

michellekoh

Hello, I'll add mine :

Weddings in 2004 (EFFECTIVE Sunday November 23, 2003 – 7:32pm)

JANUARY

FEBRUARY

MARCH

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

JULY

AUGUST

SEPTEMBER

OCTOBER
30th - Michellekoh (GHA, Carlton, Sergoon north)

NOVEMBER
26th – RoChEr (Marriot)

DECEMBER
36380.gif

smurfy

Hi Amethyst,
Thanks for your compliments. Don't think I'll bear to cut the tail away. Will probably sell it away (if I bear to). Too bad all my sis are married, or else I'll keep to wear on their wedding.

Hi Xue,
Welcome to the Feb thread. I thought of a lot of locations for PS too but it turn out that I went to none of the places I have in mind because my photographer had suggested some better places for me
happy.gif

binbin

hi beatrice! bery glad u have chosen her.
happy.gif
hehehhee her flowers nice hor? and she is such a nice person.
happy.gif
happy for you.....all the best too!
happy.gif
when is ur wedding? din see ur nick in the latest update...

binbin

waiting so long for someone to enter a March date. Guess I will still be the only one in March. :p Here's mine.
happy.gif

Weddings in 2004 (EFFECTIVE Sunday 23 November 23, 2003 – 9:32pm)

JANUARY

FEBRUARY

MARCH
20th - Binbin (Divine Couture, Conrad, Bukit Panjang)

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

JULY

AUGUST

SEPTEMBER

OCTOBER
30th - Michellekoh (GHA, Carlton, Sergoon north)

NOVEMBER
26th – RoChEr (Marriot)

DECEMBER

voice_0229

Hi Xue...

Sentosa is a nice place, there's a small chapel there, for tourist to see see look look, very very small one...two row bench only. I had my outdoor photoshoot there.
happy.gif
Usualy if you opt for Sentosa, your photographer will only retrict to one location for outdoor, b'cos of the distance and time spent there, you will go a few locations inside, no time to go elsewhere. Just my two cents worth!
happy.gif

Have you gals thought of your march in songs? I still cracking my heads....any recommendation?

andrewmok

WOw... was alerted by a potential client who visited us on sunday about this thread. moomedia is indeed grateful for the comments good or bad.

We are compelled to do even better from now. Hope those in the thread won't feel intruded by presence of a “vendor”.

I do apologize for the limited number of photos to show at this stage. There is a whole new line of album styles and layout that's in the pipeline scheduled for release next year. We are unable to disclose for "security" reasons. ;) we thrive on new ideas. Here we can only assure amos to rip the benifits ;))

As for photography itself each photographer carries a unique and different style. moo's style is in movement/dynamics, object/subject and often little fidgets and flaws that's worth being frozen for eternity. My take is to go with one you are comfortable with, when you are comfortable with the videographer and photographer, your shots will scream out naturally!

As we are now in peak season and our priority goes to producing our best for current clients, we advice you to visit us end of January… if you can wait. There are alot of interesting works that are still current…. we are reinventing our site too.

Thanks again for all the encouragements and comments which definitely drive us to giving our clients what they deserve... our best! You complete us! (orhhhhh)

pageup

hi voice,

i think there is quite a lot of discussion on banquet music in this forum
happy.gif

Perhaps you can think of songs which are meaningful to both of you?

For me, I'm looking for chinese songs because I am hoping to have 'very chinese' wedding theme
happy.gif

orosalind

Gals, I'm back.
happy.gif

chenoa and kk,

Ya, me oso surprised suddenly the thread so active. But it's a gd news rite??
happy.gif

Chenoa,

Now I a bit scared cant even fill up the min no. of table liao.... That's y I a bit eager to finalise the guestlist lor.
happy.gif
Agree with you. I actually made 1 with a lot of cartoons and animation. Then when I went to my FH's cousin's wedding (her's was a simple one with no cartoons at all but 1 big pic per slide) and I compare and think that a simple one wld be nicer. So I did a revamp to my first powerpoint into a simpler design. I think it's simple and nice and I will use that copy instead.
happy.gif
I oso agree with u that too many graphics or animation can distract attention from the photos.

Ivory and KK, me cfm the reno package liaoz... I think now nothing for me to settle for now liaoz....
happy.gif

Ivory, not realli like movie lah. It's still using photographs but the photos will come out one by one with animation and musics. Oni the 1st slide I add in a short video clip. But hor, powerpoint wun be that good as compared to some other special software that those pros use lah but I still opt for powerpoint cos I can DIY. Me dun wana spend too much on montage.
happy.gif

Me go see a young couple's house with my ID yest. V v v v nice. A bit like pub and a lot of special design but that couple spend $40K on it with a lot of customised furniture. Soooooo envy....

blueberry

Cheona,

Most of the wine shop don't have. Unless they having sale. Carefor wine fair has wine tasting. But the lastest one ended in Sep. I think next year will have. You getting too?? If so, wait for next year.

Ivory,

At least you can save money.
happy.gif