(2004) Brides of year 2004

orosalind

hi blurq,

Ya, it depends on ur guest. For my case, not much fren drink wine, oni ard 2 tables and they use it mainly to sabo the couple so I'm thinking maybe not to serve wine.
happy.gif

My guestlist is stuck cos my mum cant tell me who to invite and she says to wait till we visit our grandma's hse on new yr then ask my grandma. My family like a bit blur blur one. Me so kan cheong but no one seems to be able to tell me the guest list for my relatives. Apart fm the relatives fm my side, the guest list is more or less ok liao.
--------------------------------------------------

Hi Secret Garden,

Ya, hopefully this can help me lose some wt or at least maintain my current wt cos I stop gg to gym liao.
happy.gif
What are you gg to do to lose wt?

Of course cannot just rely on ang bow to cover the cost of the banquet lah. Not safe this way, what if the ang bow not enuf, use what to pay? For me, I roughly budget how much I can spend and then decide on which hotel or restaurant. Then if the hotel still a bit out of my budget but I still like that hotel, I will limit the no. of table that I'm gg to have. Think it's not safe oso to just save up for the estimated lugi cost (in case the actual lugi cost turn out to be more than what u expected).
--------------------------------------------------

Gals, notice that the thread is active today hor. Very hapi to see that leh.
happy.gif

rabbitwsk

Hi ladies

Wow, u all talking very stressful issue...Actually like what happybride says, be careful in the pl to choose or the loss will be.... u dun wan to know. so far, my friends ganna this:-
Marriort: -$7K
Noble Hse: -$5K

We pray for all for at least a break even
happy.gif

Cheers.

happybride

hi blurq
Please dont invite more, if all come then lugi like mad, u can have stand by (reserve) list. If u can aford the time, check with them if they can come, then fill in the miss seats for those who can't make it . Stand by empty invitation cards.
OR
tell the hotel ppl the number of tables that are RESERVE, and (AD) tell ur helpers to fill in the empty seats in all tables, try to leave the RESERVE tables empty.

It's fill in the "blank" games afterall... in case u gals are wondering why i know all these tips... cos i helper for 5 weddings so i know... heheee i full of experience : )

hi secret,
we sound like running biz is it? with all the profit n lugi? I think need to save up safer lor in case the ang bao lower than expected than where to find $$. hahaaa. but if ur family u are not the 1st one having wedding dinner, then get reference from the earlier one (sis or bro). It will be easier to estimate.

u can't shake leg till leg pain... still got things to do, go facial, go jian fei too

rabbitwsk

Hi ladies

Wow, u all talking very stressful issue...Actually like what happybride says, be careful in the pl to choose or the loss will be.... u dun wan to know. so far, my friends ganna this:-
Marriort: -$7K
Noble Hse: -$5K

We pray for all for at least a break even
happy.gif

Cheers.

secret_garden

hi orosalind, rabbitwsk, happy bride,

ya agree that must save for the banquet. but let's say you break even or have a loss of 5k, you will not have to use the amt you saved right? it;s more like a precautionary measure isnt it?
ya i think today alot of chats and a lot of stressful talk cos all abt $$$$. like we running business haha!

ivory

orosalind...
im here... where r u??? aiya... i din MIA lah... this morning went to another office to cover duties for my GM's PA cos she on leave from tdy onwards, coming bak oni on 1 Dec.. stress.. lucky my GM belongs to those kind who does his own things.. hahaha... i just help him schedule appts or some long long typing
happy.gif

me oso hope our wedding can break even then i b happy liao lor... of cos half rely on the ang pao to cover the banquet lah.. ask us to save $40k? fat hope!! got $10k can laugh until peng liao lor...

secret,
i wan to shake leg until pain pain oso cannot.. must jian fei jian fei
36292.gif
so dat can mei mei ah...
36293.gif

happybride
facial? kekeke... no money to go facial lah... i dun even bother to go thru the 3-steps routine every day.. really pei fu
36294.gif
my frens who go thru 10-steps routine everyday.. hahahaha...

oh boy.. im so bored...
36295.gif

blurq

hi orosalind,

Me same as you. My guest list is settled except for my family and relatives, cos' I have no idea on who to invite.
sad.gif
Think I am as kan cheong as you.

Hi secret,
No, we won't rely on the ang pow for the banquet, think we shd at least have some money in the bank, juz in case, we lugi like 10k or more..
sad.gif

Have you confirm your bs already?

hi rabbitwsk,
Long time never chat with u.
happy.gif

wow..7k is alot..I have lots of frenz who juz lugi for 1 or 2k, but not as much as your frenz who lugi 7k. Hopefully we can break even
happy.gif

hi happybride,
U seems to be an expert in this area..
happy.gif

Okie, then I shall stick to the number of guests I will invite. But what will they think if we invite them at the very last minute?

amos_aw

Hey Girlfriend! Welcome. Copy the list above and add your info so everyone knows. Easier to refer.

Secret Garden:

There are two ways to mount photos in an album. One is stuck on, and another is slot in. The slot-in style is like four pocket like thingys that are stuck onto the acid free black backing, which allows you to change the photos as and when you want. He should be able to do it for you FOC.

As for the Chijmes ceremony, it's gonna be a "church style". Got pastor there, but just to give blessing. We got David Loh as our JP for the official solemnization. Attendance would be around 50. Could be more depending on who can make it on a Fri. Close friends have to take day off!! MUAHHAHAHAAHA!
biggrin.gif

rabbitwsk

Hi blur

Ya, long time no write cos busy la! sales reportin jus finish! also now, this thread very active... cannot catch up liao
happy.gif

Ya, scary hoh S$7K, I think because her parents kept all the $. So this type of $ thingy also must discuss first la. Maybe ask parents to give back the cost and the rest they keep. I hope my parents will understand that the whole thing is cover by me and hubby not my PIL.

So wats up on weekend?

secret_garden

hi ivory,
dun shake leg until pain pain then use your legs until pain pain loh
then can lose the fats on the legs haha!
I must start execising liao. STill very nua. Very jia lat right?

hi blurq,
i know what you mean. are you having wine for your banquet?

Anyone has lobangs?

I haven't confirm BS. Still Sourcing leh

secret_garden

Hi Amos,
there is one we saw with digital effects not mounted nor slip in. n it's very nicely done.think more lasting as well. anyway, we still considering.

U christian? church style means you going through church wedding or it would lok more like church cos it's in Chijmes hall? how many chairs they are providing?

happybride

hi secret,
yes it is a precautionary measure.. hehee
Have u confirm ur BS?

hi ivory,
i dont too, sis say i m a lazy pig.. hahaaa

Hi blurq,
Start asking "causally" early (abt 1 mth). Just in case, they have relatives or closer buddies getting married and they decide to forgo urs. 1 month should be enough to activate ur standby list. As for the last minutes don't turn up ones, get ur helpers to fill in the blank seats. Get someone (ur sis or bro or close friend) to do counting when 60~70% of guest arrive. Any tables with a few seats blank, just fill them up liao.

If the person come after his original seat is taken up, then too bad hor who ask him to be late... : P heheee no la just joking
Usually if he not coming, he will get friends to inform u, so no worry. Just do marking on guest list, then fill the seat up.

orosalind

Wow... the thread here running so fast ah, I was just away for a while then so many postings.
happy.gif

rabbitwsk, sure nobel hse oso suffered losses ah? Ya lor, for me, breakeven oso hapi liao.
happy.gif

Ivory, haha, me here. A lot of postings today but nvr see urs until now. U realli got a lot of cute cute icons hor.
happy.gif
Dun be too stress ah.... Eh, fm the way u put it, u look like u r spending a lot hor? Me oso spend a lot so find it hard to save $$$$. How's ur jian fei ji hua coming along? Shld be able to see some results now liao rite?
happy.gif

Blurq, at least I'm not alone. We still got each other's company. Can bi sai whose guest list is cfm earlier liao lor. Are we the last 2 huh?
happy.gif
Btw, 7K consider not so bad liao lor cos I saw in the forum that some lugi $10K max.

Secret Garden, you want lobang for what thing?

orosalind

happybride, wow, u sound v expert leh.
happy.gif
Toking abt facial, were u the one who talk to me abt Neo Strata?

Ivory, me sama here, I oso din do any facial. But my face siao siao one. Sometimes problems will pop up for no reason. Pray that nearer to my AD, wun become siao siao again.

happybride

hi orosalind
i expert cos i v kpo... hahaaa I 'played' with other people's wedding Dinner, but ownself no dinner, funny right?
ya i was telling u the Neo Strata thing

ivory

secret / happybride,
wait leg use too much hor... big big oso leh.. kekekeke... then dinner got pig trotters to see liao.. hahahaha... dun worri.. me oso very nua... my hubby every day keep asking me to push those fats at my tummy up to my bust.. hahahah...
36302.gif

orosalind,
tell u i very bored liao mah... then lazy to post so din post lor..
36303.gif

hehe... sar lah.. i dun spend money one... its bcos i dun earn alot dats y i dun have money to save.. then too tired to work part time so no savings lor... its my hubby who's the one trying to save
happy.gif
me every mth after all the household n fixed expenses.. oni left $200 for meals.. how to save?

my jian fei ji hua? oni involves my fingers tetatively.. to reply ur postings
36304.gif

so u have a fun time saving all the cuties ah
proud.gif

ivory

orosalind,
ya boy... just 2 weeks ago.. big n painful pimples pop out for no reasons... pain until i hand itchy itchy n go squeeze them... my hubby see liao nearly wan to bonk me cos i anyhow squeeze pimples.. hahahah

other than sudden eruptions once in a blue moon.. my face no much problem *touchwood* everyday i oni use tap water to splash splash then go work or go sleep
happy.gif

secret_garden

hi happy bride,
wow, sounds like precautionary for family planning haha!
no, haven;t confirm, i still looking. How?
when are you starting to exercise?or you waiting for your body to be automatic to slim down? haha!

hi orosalind,
i need lobangs for many things!
wine
animation
ring pillow
guest book
shoes
what else?

blurq

hi rabbitwsk,
Ya..Hopefully I want my parents to return the ang pow to us, cos' we will sure lugi if they take all the ang pow..very bad hor...:p

hi secret,
Most likely will be buying wines, and serving them, but will only do so when the dinner starts.
happy.gif

hi happybride,
Thanks for your advices. Will ask u again when the date is near..actually this guest thing is a headache..you can't satisfy everyone..cos' some guest prefer to sit with their own friends, dunno they will complain if we asked them to sit with strangers..
sad.gif

hi orosalind,
Ya..some more our wedding date is so near and same hotel..:p
Last 2?? u mean oct?? no lah..still have a lot of brides in 30th, remember? Hot date...
happy.gif

happybride

hi secret
i waiting for miricual to happen, hahahaa maybe 1 morning i wake up and HAAAAAAAA where are all my fats... hahaaaaa

do u have burget for the rind pillow and guest book? i saw Crabtree has v nice satin ring pillow, but dont know how much.

happybride

hi secret,
ya wear long sleeves lor or use shawl to cover heheeee

Hi blurq,
u can do grouping for ur friends e.g table # 1~3 ur company, # 4~6 FH company. This is good cos friends will meet and come together; cos nobody will wan to risk sitting with Managers or ppl they not close with. And it will solve another problem, lesser latecomers... hahaaaa

orosalind

happybride, oic, so in a way u gain experience liao but not gg to xue yi zhi yong lah???
happy.gif
Hey, I still continue to use a bit of the Neo Strata, find it quite helpful. My complexion improve a lot leh. But maybe I have to continue using, otherwise, like what u say......

Hahaha, Ivory, push the fats fm the leg up to ur bust??????? Hahah, like what I always told my fren, if our fig like plastacine (dunno rite spelling or not), can mould it into the perfect fig that will be nice.
happy.gif
Me no nid shake leg oso like pig trotter liaoz..... Cant shake somemore, hahahaaa..... $200 for meals? Same as me leh. Me try to target $200 for meals but always not successful cos most of the time exceed limit one then got to save by buying less things lor. My part-time degree and driving lesson took away large part of my income liao. Yup, I have save all those cute icons that u posted here.
36311.gif

Good for u lah, gd complexion. Mine was once gd, then my itchy hand sqeeze till mo peng.

Secret,
wine - duty paid ones can get fm Carrefour, think the price there v reasonable.
animation - not sure what u r referring to. Is it for montage?
ring pillow - cant help cos I din source for this as it's not applicable to me.
guest book - for my case, I'm using my bridal shop one (bridal shop and hotel provide FOC but I'm deciding which one to forgo).
shoes - I bought a simple white one for my ROM (and I'm gg to use it for my wedding too). Then me gg to use that for everyday use after wedding. Yi wu san yong.
happy.gif

Blurq, no lah, I mean are we the last 2 who havent cfm the guest list? We bi yi bi and see who got the cfm guest list first ah, hahahahahaha....

happybride, what a fat wish, I oso want. No pain can gain hahaahahaha.......

Ivory and Secret, leg fat fat can use gown to cover. Most impt is the arm.
happy.gif
For me, a bit unproportionate, leg fat but arm not so. So I can rely on the gown to cover my BIGGEST flaws. Hahahaha

Hello!

Very first post in this forum. Will be getting married in May 04. 22/5/04 at Grand Copthorne Waterfront. Signed up with Flamingo last week.
happy.gif

Now in the midst of sourcing for printers, photographer and videographer...find this thread an interesting read.

Hello, hello once again! :D

ivory

secret,
pigs got no hands lah.. all trotters oni.. kekekeke...

orosalind,
how i waish our figures can be so easily mold like plastercine.. but make sure ur art n craft very good... else got figure oso become no figure.. hahahaha...

u really very hardworking leh... work n study n learning to drive.. me ah... work oni i oledi very sianz... dun expect me to take up more courses man...

actually my skin last time better.. now starts to dry liao i think... so everytime i go toilet sure splash water one... lucky i dun put makeup to work.. if not waste makeup liao
happy.gif

me oso bought a shoe for ROM, then i wear it for work.. cos dat time when ROM dunno when will customary.. then the shoes cost $29.90.. so i jst wear to work lor... wedding shoes will buy plain white or silver strappy.. mayb end up with beige again.. just like my ROM heels
happy.gif

orosalind

Ivory,

Dun make me laugh leh. I read the plastercine one then laugh at it and my coll tot I crazy.... Ya, must make sure art and craft gd or sheng cai zhou yang.
happy.gif

Me finish my course last Dec and oni start to learn driving after completing my course mah. One at a time, or my mind go haywire....

Gd lah, can save money on make-up. Me oso dun make-up to work but still nid a concealer to conceal those "holes" on my face hahahahha.

What a coincidence, my ROM shoe oso cost $29.90. It's a white strappy kind but not too casual type. Me oni wear once (ROM) cos I seldom wear shoes in other colour (oni black)
happy.gif

See lah, I may get a silver one for wedding cos I saw a lot of nice silver coloured ones. If I nid a white one, I will stick to my old one.

happybride

Hi orosalind,
I always dream for wedding dinner, so i gather all the information, then sikali no dinner.. : (
hahaaa ok ok, will start after CNY, if not slim liao put on weight during CYN

orosalind

happybride, nvm lah, u still have ur ROM lunch mah. That requires a lot of planning too. Your wedding lunch can still be grand if u plan it to be.
happy.gif

Ya hor, still got CNY leh. I forget. Must control.... control... if not all my effort wasted ah. Now I v scared cos once I put on again, I lose the motivation to lose wt again. Then might as well like what u say. After CNY then try to lose wt hor.....

ivory

orosalind,
i din makeu laugh wat... u easily tickled oni mah....
happy.gif

kekeke... when i bought my ROM shoes.. i still complain to my hubby its very expensive cos almost $30 for just a few straps on the shoes.. he nearly go n long piah.. then say something like if every women spend money like me.. Spore economy n trade sure wun grow one.. *grin*

actually my bridal shop ask me to get a simple silver heels can liao, can go with white WG n any colors of EG.. saving money for me
happy.gif

happybride,
ya.. we start jian fei after CNY better.. now Hari Raya Puasa, then Xmas, then New Year, then CNY.. how to go on diet?

I haven't tied up w anyone for those yet...still thinking :D

Thinking of atX (but dunno their package), Moomedia, Yew Kwang, Berry Happy and Stefine...but haven't met up w anyone...

secret_garden

ivory,
so many excuses to not start jian fei 1st
hahaha
n your posts realli joker!but i like!
hahaha

happy bride,
thanks fo the urls
will go in take a look when i am free!

Hi orosalind,
you give me idea for the wine. thanks!
normally how many do we need ?

animation i mean for montage but i want to do cartoon animation...

orosalind

happybride, dun say that lah. Nice to have u ard. And a few others too.... Heehheeee, those jokes really light up my day. Yeahhhhhhh TGIF, weekend liaoz.....

Ivory, wow, I pei fu u leh, $30 u still think it's ex ah.... I oso wana long piah hahaahhaha.... That means u really know how to go look for beta lobang one lah, must bai ni wei shi.... Secret, ur lobang qns can ask Ivory, can got more lobangs.....

ivory

secret,
kekeke... of cos must find some nice nice excuses so i wun feel so bad for not jian fei-ing yah...

i got tell jokes meh.. *scratch head*

how many tables u having ah? my hotel advise something like 1.5 bottle per table.. that is the average.. for us is like all our frens n relatives are jiu gui.. so we thinking of bringing in 10 crates (we abt 50 tables..) even if dun finish can give to helpers (they are extra bif jiu gui) or sell off cheap to frens loe
happy.gif

ivory

orosalind,
mayb its because i dun go shopping at all.. so when there's a need to.. my hubby usually feel his life shorten by a few years... cos he always say bei wo qi dao bao za.. ahahahahaha....

everytime its my hubby drag me out for shopping.. last time is my mum nag at me to buy CNY clothes.. now the duty rest on my hubby's shoulders liao.. hee...

secret,
dun leave me alone in the office tmr... *sob sob*

orosalind

Ivory,

Dun ask this qns lah, spoil the mood of those who are gg to work tmr and urself too. I purposely skip that qns when I say tmr is weekend then u ask
happy.gif
See, even Secret oso say u got lots of jokes.....

Secret,

Welcome.
happy.gif
Me not having wine but if I do, I est 1 per table.

Animation for montage ah, ok, I have done up mine. 1 with and 1 w/o cartoons. Trust me, the cartoon one wun look nice, will look a bit kiddish. Any qns on that I shld be able to help u. What program u gg to use for montage?

orosalind

Ivory,

Wow, u so opp fm me. I'm the one who drag my hubby to go shopping leh. He cannot tahan me anymore. I can shop fm morng till the shopping centre close. Always argue with him when I want to go shopping. I think I'm typical auntie liao ah......

Dun worry lah. Tmr weekend so u wun feel so stressful at work tmr.
happy.gif