(2004) Brides of year 2004

jul

Hi ever,

Thanks! I got it! Guess the email is tiny enoug to slip thru the net *hee* I think 17k for your bridal shop is quite cheap. And 35 pages quite thick already right? We kind of like the mag style too. Must prepare to top up *sigh*

Hi Yvonne,

The bridal shops make money from getting pple to top up for additional photos. I think that's where the profit margin is. No choice lor, if we like the photos, then gotta add budget. But better than the photos turning out ugly, wanna top up also cannot! Heard that's what happened to some couples.

doreamon

Hi Silver,

For your info only, $35.00 also inclusive of delivery. I ordered a bouquet for my gf, will take a picture to show u.
happy.gif

Hi Annmelody,
U can try this shop for wedding cards. Details as below:

The Card Shop
#02-04 The Adelphi
1 Coleman St
Singapore 179803
Tel: 6337-1160
Look for Shirley

I just ordered 70 pieces of cards from her. Not confirmed my order yet.
happy.gif

She got a lot of designs - price ranges from $0.60 - $3.50. They are having summer sale on cards now.

Check out this website: www.the-card-shop.com

ANother one is at Bras Basah: Insuccess at level 2 or 3. Cannot remember the actual name. Will try to find the name card. Look for Mr Ng. Very nice guy.

cc2

Hi ShinChan,

I rebonded my hair 2 mths before my ROM. Luckily the makeup artist din complain that it's hard to style the hair.
blush.gif

My hair grow super fast one! Within 2-3 mths already mini siao za bor already.
rofl.gif

For me, I just went to the Geomancer and asked him to pick the best dates as long as it's not the 1st,3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th lunar mth. So happen that the best date is in March among all the 4 dates that he picked for us. My geomancer same same as binbin's 2nd geomancer

binbin

hi cc2, hehhehehe mini xiao cha bor yar?
happy.gif
hehhee... din know there's so many xiao zha bo here...with natural curls...now i dun feel alone.
happy.gif

hehhe so we adopted more or less the same method of choosing dates...
happy.gif

forest

silver,
tks for the info... ah.. i c... 1+1 yr... hee... at 54 per mth.. tks tks... but PF plans is for 1 particular gym only rite... not for all 3 hor...
uhoh.gif
then when will this promo end har???

pebbles,
aiya.. amore is too exp for me liaoz... im only thinking of CF and PF.. actually, my co. had CF and PF corporate plans.. but i missed CF... n i might jus make it for PF if i decide soon.. but i hve to prepare for jus in case i cant make it for the deadline scenarios.. since its nearing the end... n i may even end up doing away with gym!!
lol.gif
.. since ive not been diligent in gog to gym this past 1 yr...
embarrassed.gif

cin_p,
ya... like wat binbin suggested.. the petals will make the area look very nice indeed.. n jus scatter arnd the sides. if u r worried abt the petals getting into ur dress.. dun hve to b.. cos' i think usually, if it really gets stuck, it shd drop off quite easily lah..
biggrin.gif

A&W,
kekekekke
lol.gif
.. ya lor.. must decide on ur designs soon.. but of cos' better to do it aft ur papers mah... then, u can fully dedicate ur time to do it!!
happy.gif

garfield

Hi Marigold,

my church wedding is at Blessed Sacrament Church (at Commonwealth) where i got to know my FH.

hehe...wat a coincidence....my FH is also from 'baba' family.

shinchan

Hahaha... Maybe all the xiao cha bo with natural curls fated to marry in March 2004... hahaha...
biggrin.gif

CC2: U so lucky that ur hair grow fast. Mine like tortoise, so slow.... Keep for a few years like then manage to surpass my mid back (i.e. after the bra strap)...

ocean

Smurfy, kekee...
rofl.gif
Yap, remind me of tat issue abt BC whether we are born as gal or guy again.
happy.gif
The last time when we ROM, was also wondering if mus bring BC or not!!! But at the end, we are told no need to bring!!

bluedolphin

Mine oso grow like tortoise, Shinchan. Took me years to grow to my hair length of today. Gee, same as urs, slightly below the bra strap... ;)

cc2

mine fast fast... but hor too fast not good ah, when my hair is short, need to go for trimming more often leh.
sad.gif

M

mee mee

Hi smurfy,

U may wanna try this shop called Peddle Works. They have some evening shoes...

mee mee

silver

Hi bin bin,
Err.. can't really remember but it's you having ROM n makan there.

Hi doreamon,
Wow so cheap? But that's a industrial park n not florist shop rite?

Hi forest,
Yes $54 is for one branch. If you want to access all 3 branches I think it's $62. Promo till end of the mth. Which co are you in? I check out for you re the corporate rate.

keann

Hi marigold....welcome welcome! good to always hear from more ppl!

As for the seating arrangements...becos the groom's side didn't do a proper seating arrangement for relatives...so it was quite a mess...so no matter wat, must have the seating arrangements of everyone....

Also, on the VIP table..it will be good if both side's parents are assigned seats...but some ppl have 2 tables for VIP...but my friend only had 1 VIP table....so who to sit with who is important to sort it out! I tik i will prefer 2 tables..one is my parents side and the other one is my in-law side...tik it will be more comfortable for both parties..and of cos bride n groom should sit with groom's family!

ok...that's it for today...got quite a bit of stuff to do before going back to aussieland!

doreamon

Hi Silver,

I think they have their florist shop there. I have not been to see it yet but will pop by after Aug. I believe they are belong to those who have their shop set up in a JTC building.
happy.gif

Anyway, the lady Joy was very nice and hopefully the bouquet will turn out as nice.
happy.gif

silver

Hihi...

Ever,
Actually true lor if it's too simple might as well get OTR fm J&M. Save $$$ somemore. So far you ve any design you like?

Yvonne,
I am considering wearing Kua for tea ceremony. Yes will be wearing kua & casual for PS and I like B&W photos!

Oh ok, looks like I must try KB also hehe. Went for body balance today n first orentiation to teach how to use the machines...

Jul,
No need whole album B&W lah. Mixture will be nice.

Gals, check with you is there any diff btw mag n montage style? Beetle@work is charge $1800 for outdoor & studio n it 20 pages (40 over pics) of 15R collage album and CDROM of all exposure. I quite like his artwork, thinking of whether to switch to him or should I stay put wif yc....

jas

Hi Binbin

I go to California Fitness. Quite a steal, cos got sauna and steambath. Since I very free now during the day, I try to utilise my membership by going during the day. Not many pple there, so can enjoy myself thoroughly without having to queue for bathrooms!

My hair doesn't grow so fast. So very heartpain when the stylist cut my hair so much! Was tinking of not cutting my hair now till Oct (photoshoot), since I just cut and highlighted my hair.

These few days, when I go to the gym, I always put hair treatment cream before I go into the sauna and steambath. Tink it does help soften my hair. It's like a hair treatment in salons! Kill 2 birds with 1 stone! Heeeee....
happy.gif

I'm thinking of shortlisting some cake shops for guo da li. Any cake shops to recommend?

poox

wooo! the thread is so busy today!!

keann..i would prefer one table...so that all can have chance to interact :p plus i would love to still sit with my own parents! anyway it's personal preference hor......

jul

Hi silver,

Yeah, I guess if the whole album is B&W, old relatives will make noise. So add some colour to humour them a bit.

I think mag style is those with small & large photos, overlapping a bit, some are a few small photos in one page, etc. But collage will be many many small photos piled together in one page. I think lah.. *hee*

Beetle@work is charging 1.8k for 20 pgs of collages? Quite cheap right? But how come 40 over photos on 20 pages? Supposed to have more right?

yvonne

Zao An Ladies,
Very quiet yday...... Is mid-week again!!!

Hi Silver,
Your BS package doesn't incl photographer? If not, why need to engage outside one??? If you change to outside photographer, what happen to yr actual package??? Deduct or refund the money???
uhoh.gif

Hi Jul,
Yeah me very confused between journalist and montage??? Can any1 lighten us....

I saw this photoframe when im at whitelink, is using lots of different photos like jig saw puzzle overlap/patch together one (i thk tht is call montage)? Looks very NICE not sure how much to do that pc?

binbin

hi hi jas, blue dolphin, shinchan and cc2...hehehe....so all of us netural xiao char bo huh? yah, funnie how come so many march brides are like us huh hehehhehee...
happy.gif
my hair grows quite fast...but prob coz i neber cut/trim it at all. whenever my friends see me, they will exclaim how come my hair so long now. but it's coz i neber trim loh.....maybe u girls can try that hehhehee.....don't trim it for 1/2 u will sure see the difference! it will be messy but it will also be long! hehehhee..... ;P

Jas, amore also got steambath leh but looks so hot me din dare to try hehehe... went to a aroma steambath in phuket before. took me and FH some time to stablise our breathing.. so scary. but come to tink of it, yah hor....if put hair cream go in majam hair treatment hor?! hehehhee me can try!
happy.gif

evon

Hilow.....Trixie, me going to be ur neighbour soon in a couple of mths time..really love the area very windy

jul

Hi Yvonne,

I'm working this Sat, not mid-week for me yet! *sob*

I think the one u saw at WL is called collage. It has many photos on it right? I'm also not sure how much it costs to do that.

jas

Binbin, don't worry about the hotness of the steambath. For me, I feel tat the steambath is so shiok.... provided it's not so crowded! I enjoy my hair treatment inside. One thing to note though, clip up your hair after you put the treatment. Or else your back would have small pimples appearing! Tat's wat happened to me when I first started my steambath.... sua gu mah....
happy.gif

My bf always tells me tat I need longer hair to look more feminine. But he doesn't know tat longer hair needs more maintenance, as my hair splits easily! Always envy his soft hair...

A

a&w

Soupie..

Yah man...I know exactly what you mean man. Starting since Jan till now..I already bought about 8-10 bridal mags. Kind of stopped already cos after awhile, the gown ads just get repeated in any other mags..so wasted quite a bit of money on that already. Plus after looking through all the pics, I just become more confused. I still can't decide if I want the real A-line type or the slightly fuller A-line skirt. What material? Duchess satin? Lace? Silk Organza? BLUR man!

Forest..
Paper finish liao..but exams are back!! Aarrgh! Almost there...almost there..."find a happy place! find a happy place!"

marigold

Anyone know what I need to prepare for a church wedding? Do i need seating arrangement for the guest or can I can have free seating except for our immediate families?

Regarding catering, some of my friends told me to cater for 75% of invite cards sent out, a few said its better to cater extra. My worries are not enuf food or lots of left over... What should I do?

I

ino

hi soupie,
me have a whole rack of bridal mags too. Even when i've confirmed my EG and WG, i still bought. In the end, i went back to my designer with some modifications...think she's quite "frustrated" with me and commented jokingly that she doesn't want to see me again...in case i changed my mind...hahahah

hi pebbles!!!! got yr sms. thanks a mil! nope...haven been house hunting...my FH is extremely bz...and i also very sian to go house hunting...but then i've been to a lot of showflats with my colleagues. The latest HDB showflats at woodlands is quite nice leh....got balinese theme...
if i still have not got my house after wedding, then most prob i will commute between my parents and PIL's place lor.

hi forest, u can custom make yr jewellery at fairy's inc. think it's about $300 to $400 difference per jewellery piece. The quality of diamonds is also better in Fairy's inc as compared to other jewellery shop.

hi cin_p,
they say about 3 months lor...i'm going for the photoshoot in mid-Sept instead...
how? My FH is grumbling about the ballooning wedding expenses...Does yours grumble too? I think guys dun appreciate the fact that wedding is once in a lifetime...it's creating a lot of unhappiness leh...;-(
sometimes i feel that i'm the one who's doing everything...quite sian already...Does any1 feels the same way too? haiz...

garfield

Hi marigold,

u don't need seating arrangement for guests. Only the front few pews for your family and perhaps ministers/helpers.

Catering... it really depends on the est. no. of pp u inviting and will come. Since church weddin can invite more pp....usually pp cater for 150 - 250 pp. But the common amt. is for 200pp. It really depends if yr weddin is small or big.

May i know which caterer u hav in mind? I have a friend who juz have their wedding in May. Church wedding he got Stamford (joint with Select food) Catering. Their deco is quite nice.

ivory

hi hi gals...

me long time no pop in here liao... just to say hi.. kekeke

how's everybody? very busy with preparations? me now rest n relax after my ROM cos my customary date not set yet so nothing to do oso
happy.gif

binbin,
sorry ah.. can't help ur fren do the ring pillow.. dun hv the materials lah
happy.gif
lucky Ino can help
happy.gif
tot u have some more cotton left over from ur ring pillow? if ur fren wan fuller one then u do wat i did for u last time lor
happy.gif

jul

Hi...

It's even quieter today than yesterday. What happened to everyone?

Yvonne,

Did u get a Paradox London voucher from HWB show? And there's another voucher for free massage or something right? Wondering if u're interested to go togeher. My gfs prob wun be gog w/ me, coz they'd have to pay.

yvonne

Hi Jul,
Ur not alone... im working this sat too!!! Not alternate but most sat except 1 month OFF once sat, WORST rite?

What vouchers? Maybe i didnt bother abt dos freebies in the folder... hee hee! Will go back take alook again... let you know 2molow, k?

Yeah so quiet today only 2 of us chatting here!!!
sad.gif

poox

hiee marigold

how big are u planning for your church wedding? mine would be quite a big affair...expecting abt 300 (could be more) cos my entire family is there so we've got many friends....young and old :p

u gals planning for catering so early? i'm thinking of doing so maybe end og the year :p

binbin

hi hi ivory no prob...hehhee...yes i still have the cotton left, but Ino said dun need to add leh.... it's okie lah, her pillows look fluffier than mine original one b4 u touch up, so maybe dun need more cotton hehehee...
happy.gif

long time no see yar..
happy.gif
busy with work huh?

sagi

yo gals

afternoon!
bounce.gif

hee....nothing much to contribute yet.......

oh, i wld be going for my bintan trip this fri.....wld be back on sun....
rofl.gif

when wld be our next meeting?? so that i can pic u all liao while chatting here.......kekeke..
lol.gif

u all nvr take pics in the meeting har?? mei you send me......
sad.gif

take care

jul

Hi Yvonne,

Better go check the bag. Think got a few vouchers. But I threw away some, like the Lancome one, useless. But the free massage thing is not bad leh.

Hi Sagi,

*envy* Wish I cud go off somewhere too. Who're u gog with? And when's sch starting btw? I'm not sure when the next outing will be. Depends whether the rest of the gals r free. Must ask yan to send us the pics.

Calling yan...

ivory

hi binbin

a bit busy lor.. cos SARS over liao mah.. so more n more things coming up liao..

n oso we preparing for the dance performance this end this Sept, so everyday oso quite tired..

trixie

Hi Evon,
Welcome to JW st. 61!
happy.gif
Do join us on that thread when you're free. Lotsa helpful souls there. So where did you get your ROM dress?

Hi oscar,
Yes, you can. That's a tentative booking. They usually will hold up to 14days for you. But if your date is a long time to go, then they may be able to hold longer. They'll then call you to make a decision when someone else wants to book that same date.

yvonne

Hi Sagi,

Yan actually took 2 group photos for us but i thk she dun hv time to download yet. We are waiting very patiently here... hee hee!
wink.gif

Wow... so nice go bintan! Which resort u were be staying???
happy.gif

When is our next outing??? Hmm... not sure leh???

One of my ex-colleague just got her 5 rooms sembawang flat in the latest WIS. Her queue no. 21 and got her 2nd choice! Only $195K at 8th floor, very CHEAP rite!!! Too bad i dun really like tht area but is definitely a CHEAP deal! While another of my ex-colleague got her 5 rooms Punggol flat at $227K... Hmm... when will be my turn...!!!
uhoh.gif

garfield

Hi poox,

nope, i havn't confirm caterin yet... only cuz i juz went for friend's wedding, so got impression of that caterer.

I shd be confirmin end of this yr. ;0)

jul

Hi Yvonne,

Is the Sembawang flat std / premium? Bcoz the price depends on whether the flooring & tiles are done up. If you are short of cash like me, it's good to go for premium flat coz the flooring & tiles will be paid with CPF.

And of course the higher floors command a higher price too.

Have you decided whether to go for SK & PG area? Got go to the area office & look out for white tent? *hee*

evon

Hi Trixie,

I will join the thread real soon..cos going to take the keys which means reno going to start real soon too.. Got my ROM dress from GHA, it's included in my bridal package.

yvonne

Hi Jul,

Haa haa... ok ok, go look out for white tent! But usually where they will built the white tent at? Near MRT st or just at a big plot of land? Must ask my friend who stays at Punggol to keep a look out for me... hee hee!
wink.gif

I will go for Punggol 1st then Sengkang 2nd... cos got a couple of friends staying ard there! So are you, Ever & Jan...hee hee! Moreover, is nearer to our place which is in hougang now! So PRAY that I can get a unit at these area!

I thk my ex-colleague's flat is a 5 rooms standard one!

jul

Hi Yvonne,

For SK, the white tent will be at the area office at Rivervale Mall / Plaza. Forgot whether it's the Mall or the Plaza, but it's the one with wet market & no aircon.

For PG, not sure, maybe also at the town centre.

So bored. Many things to do, but no mood. *sigh* Must go look for boss now, wish me luck!

forest

hi silver,
tks.. so nice of u!! actually, i already know the corporate price for PF frm our sports club.. but then... kekeke.. being jio to join CF instead... but heard tt PF is not as crowded... so i'm in a dilemma lah....
lol.gif

hi A&W,
hee hee... good tt the papers r finished liao.. but hey.. ur exams will b over in no time!!
wink.gif
n b4 long, u'll b heading back home to sg!!! *yipee*
biggrin.gif

hi ino,
oh.. so did u custom made urs at fairy's inc? kekekek.. tks for supplying the info!!
biggrin.gif

hi ivory,
wah.. really long time nvr hear frm u liaoz... do come in more often whenever u can lah...
happy.gif

marigold

Garfield/Poox,

Not sure which caterer I'll be using. My BF's mum wants to use her caterer. Dont wish to argue/clash with her, so leave it to her. Told my bf as long as there's halal food, I'm fine.

OLPS can only accommodate 180max and I planned to utilize the space.

Garfield,
How's Stamford's food? What are the prices like? What deco do u mean? Church hall whereby I'm holding the service? Or the place for makan? I intend to use the church canteen for lunch reception.

M

mee mee

hi Smurfy,

They have a few outlets... one at Amara, another at Tiong Bahru... and other areas am not aware of.

mee mee

poox

hihi marigold/garfield

have u ladies booked your hotels and bridal yet?

maybe we should have a little record...let me start and ladies pls fill in

poox: 8 and 9 May/Fullerton/BV/Kim Studio D'Fia/Fastsoup