(2004) Brides of year 2004

yan

gals,

as promised, i have sent you the my pixs... with exception of jul...

Jul -- your mail got bounced back,will try to resend tonite...

jan

hello gals!

Thanks Yan, got ur pic!
happy.gif

Zen, yeah heard abt not to have wedding in the Lunar 6th month, but i guess it's up to u and both u and ur bf's parents whether they are pantang or not... If u're not the supertitious kind, then i think it's fine, as long as dun do it in the 7th month lah...
happy.gif

Btw, zen, we gals here very helpful and chatty one!!
lol.gif

Yup, sad huh, both the twins passed away... sighs..

yvonne

Thanks Yan, got yr pix...hee! U seems to hv dimple also??? Yan, wish you good luck on the balloting...!

Yeah so sad... both cannot make it! Hoping for some MIRACLE but...!

zen

Hi yan
sorry, i mean half year husband and wife. Dun know how true. yah, also saw it, veri sad..

Hi jan,
yah, i also did heard abt it, anyway thanks for your info. So, when is your big day.??

silver

Hi Zen,
Yes I heard abt the ban lian thing but we are not so patang and 18 Jul is our anniversary which I find it more meaningful.

Perhaps you would like to check wif u parents n in-laws see if they mind?

Hi Yvonne,
Hey I am looking at 4rooms too! Ya heard that not much 4rooms left. So ve to wait for the WIS to see how hor. Can't do anything now
sad.gif

Hi Yan,
Got ur pic. Thanks!

Understand fm my bf you maybe going down tml? I visited the Far East Sq outlet earlier, compared to suntec the later of course bigger but finds FES more convenient n since my bf is there so signed up over that outlet.

sunflower

hello jamci & shinchan, welcome !
happy.gif

binbin : have yet to visit the tongluk restaurants but my bf has zoom down to 2: imperium and club chinois. i think he like imperium but then there's this big stage in the center which previously was the dance floor. We may be going down this wkend to take a look at the venue and the setting and then compare with club chinois. hopefully can settle down with just one.
Have you MTM your gown yet? since ur PS is in Nov.
which bridal shop u sign up with ?

CC2 : my wedding falls near end of march
happy.gif
actually we plan to have it in feb but there isnt aany suitable dates for us so have to delay.

jamci : which bridal shop you book ?
Chinshan : hows ur package ? is mandarin hotel x ?

cheers

ever

Morning gals!!

Hi zen, me heard about the ban nian thingy too... as what silver has said, if you & yr bf, parents & in-laws dont mind, then its ok.... some people also commented that it's more auspicious to get married in "even" mths, like Chinese Aug, Oct etc... but look at this thread!! so many of us getting married in the 5th mth of the lunar calendar!!!
happy.gif

Thanks, yan!! will go check out yr pic!! oh, i was talking about you & jul visiting PF...
wink.gif

ok, me changed my appt liao.... so, next tue is confirmed!!
happy.gif

yvonne, we did discuss with silver on selecting new 4-rm or 5-rm in our previous postings... (maybe you havent join us yet!!
wink.gif
) we were telling her that the new 4-rm are quite small.... maybe you can visit the HDB showflats when you're free?!?!? then can make a decision to go and queue once there's news of the WIS in Punggol/Sengkang... think they'll announce the no. of 4-rm & 5-rm available....

ever

Hi yan, saw yr pic!! are you the one in the finance industry?!? you look very familiar... i remembered you're born in a different yr from me, so i didnt guess we may know each other.... Are you from NTU Accountancy??

By the way, i was telling sagi that we may know each other.... but can only tell when we meet on tue!!
wink.gif

binbin

hi dolphin, welcome! my wedding date also near end march....hehehhhee "scarli" all of us on the same day hehhehee....

sunflower, my bridal is Divine Couture. imperium is nice yar? very grand and heard food is good...
happy.gif
neber see club chinois, though have heard of it before. i have the impression it's quite funky and happening place? u mean they have wedding setup too??

yvonne

Hi Trixie,

I'm going down to The Wedding Present at this coming saturday. Can I get off from chinatown MRT station, then I walk over to Far East Square?

jamci

Thanks! binbin, CC2 and sunflower...for welcoming me.

Sunflower, my bridal studio is ewalkingcat and my PS will be Oct. Still left 3 months to go...excited(I loved to take photos)
happy.gif

CC2, mine will be mid of mar.
happy.gif

yan

morning gals....

ever -- yapz, i m from NTU Accountancy, 96 batch. u from there as well?

silver -- i may not be able to make it today cos i need to go back to change the bandage for my ankle... i also have to wait for my colleague to be free so as to go down together.

Think we will prefer suntec branch since its just downstairs.. and your bf has kindly agreed to come down and join us... will contact him again to fix up the appt..

yan

sorry, i mean that your bf has kindly agreed to come down to the Suntec branch to meet up with us... sorry, "system: has yet to boot up, so not talking sense...

yvonne

Good Day Gals,
Is Wednesday, mid-week!!! Feeling better??? Hee......

Silver,
Yeah lor... heard not much 4rooms left! Visited a friend's hse last wkend at Senja Rd (Bt Panjang), the flat there is so CHEAP!!! $210K for 5rooms (BTO) somemore at 25th floor...!!! And they didnt really do alot on reno very simple furnishing also cost them less than 18K!

Ever,
I know 4rooms is quite small nowaday... ard 90sqm but we dun mind lor cos is much cheaper & got more grant than 5rooms. We dun really wanna burden ourselves on home or reno loans either. Jus wanna a simple and cozy place to stay in. Resale probably will be the last resolve! We intend to find a flat by end of this year and hopefully can move in before our wedding day.

ever

Hi Hi!!

yan, think we know each other... heeheehee... or at least see each other before...
happy.gif
we're from the same batch!!!

yvonne, ya... if you get premium/design & build flats, then less reno required.... cos the flooring and toilets are done up by HDB.... actually, true loh.... i can feel the BURDEN on my shoulders now!!!! Arrgghhhh...... guess we too kan cheong to get a house that time... if we dont settle the housing thingy, we cant start any preparation on our wedding, including wedding date!!!
crazy.gif

cc2

Hi Jamci,

Mine is on the 2nd week of March. Wow.. u taking PS so early ah? Was thinking of having PS in either Nov or Dec.

How about the rest of the gals? When r u all taking PS?

karyinn

Hey ladies,

Is Barang Barang Bed good?
Any suggestion where can get comfortable bed. I am those kind wake up easily if there's movement :p.. Budget for whole set is 3k... (oh i want K size bed) ^-^

jul

Hi gals!

Missed so much action *sigh* Last nite I worked till 8.30 pm, then gave up & went home. This morning got meeting. That's why I only managed to check in now. So many postings! *cross-eyed*

I got my tickets for the NDP. Think it's for the actual day parade. Had such a hard time getting there from Raffles Place MRT. Think I saw a gym there, is it PF?

jul

Hi Yvonne,

U're also staying in Hougang? I think Jan stays there too. And I stay in Serangoon. And yan stays in AMK. I think we're all a bunch of North-Easterners *hee*

So u & silver are both waiting for the Aug WIS for Sengkang & Punggol. Well, be prepared to camp overnight. I got mine from the very first WIS, but it's 5 rm. And I didn't have to q at all, coz mine was still in the the process of construction when I got it.

jul

Hi Silver,

I've taken leave on next Mon & Tue. I'll be able to meet u at Suntec PF earlier if u can make it. Maybe 5 pm? Then we can spend an hr in the gym for the tour & to see the packages. Then we can take our own sweet time to meet the others at Marche?

jul

Hi Karyinn,

I love flats with good location & amenities. My dream hse is a 5 room flat, with NTUC, swimming pool, clinic, bus interchange, MRT station, stadium, wet market, shopping centre, library etc nearby. So greedy right? That's y it can only be a DREAM
lol.gif

I think HDB is so inflexible right? Have to q, BTO, wait for letter, limited areas & blks & units to choose from, won't tell us exactly when's the WIS so we can plan... *sigh* Civil service!

jul

Hi ever,

Yup yup, maybe after we talk to contractors, my fiance will change his mind abt the loan. Like the ring, he changed his mind when he saw the rose gold at Fairy's Inc. *hehe* At first he only wanted to buy the platinum off the shelf rings from Lee Hwa.

We haven't decided to stay at our new flat for >5 yrs. It'll be wasteful to do the hse so nicely, then move away after just a few yrs. Anyway, too fanciful designs won't last. when the trend is over, it'll look passe
uhoh.gif
Must console myself coz dun have the money to do lavish reno *hehe*

jul

Hi yan,

Sorry, think my mailbox has exploded. Haven't had time to go & clear it yet. So busy with work yesterday.

So u're joining me & silver next Tue for the Suntec PF tour? I asked silver whether she's free to meet earlier, at ard 5 pm. We'll just wait for her answer k?

jul

Hi Zen,

So have u booked the dinner venue & the bridal shop yet? I guess since we're choosing 5th & 6th lunar mth, we won't have that much competition for bookings. Think everyone will be rushing for Jun coz it's lunar 4th mth? Anyway, for us, we dun look at dates at all, just picked the date we wanted coz it's out anniversary.

trixie

Hi navy,
Thanks
embarrassed.gif

Glad you ladies found it useful
happy.gif

Hi Evon,
Yeah same here...was telling my hubby if got $50k, then no need to loan from them liao! I actually completed my reno last Aug already..hehe..but hubby wants to move in only after customary wedding lor. So it's our w/e home in the meantime
happy.gif

What about you? Have you selected your flat yet?

I

ino

hihi,

halia looks really nice but i think it's quite ex ($35+++).
After discussion wif mum and FH, decided not to go for changi bungalows...too far already and also my wedding is on a weekday. My FH fear that the attendance rate of our wedding wld be low. heheheh

Not bad wor, your WG almost done? Me juz confirm design wif my designer last wk...my shop do not sew my WG and EG until 4-5 wks before my fitting...
*sigh* i'm ok...as long as they get my WG & EG done on time.

hi binbin,
your recommendation of blue ginger is simply wonderful leh...is there any website for the restaurant?

trixie

Hi Yvonne,
I suppose it's not far if you exit at the Pagoda Street exit. But not too sure how to walk from there liao as i usually walk from Raffles Place or from my office in Tanjong Pagar.

evon

no shy leh trixie!

it's all in small fonts unless u really go thru the whole page. lucky thing i printed it out and read thru every line :p
so sweet of him, tat shld be the way...

no yet
sad.gif
still waiting for another walk-in. still wanna try bb if not hv to be ur neighbour soon i guess :p going to gha to choose my rom dress on the 19th. any idea wat kinda dress i shld choose? am tinkin of choosing a pant suit :p

ever

hahahahah...... Jul, you "bao chou" issit??? so many postings at one go!?!?!?
biggrin.gif

oi, we must stay at the new house for at least 5 yrs.... HDB ruling.... heeheehee...

ya, the one at Far East Sq is PF...

binbin

hi Ino, yes they have a website. but i forgot where is it...
sad.gif
my friend found it for me after i told her i am considering blue ginger. initially she din like it, but when she see the website she said she sorta salivates from the description hehehhee....

just now tried www.theblueginger.com but i couldn't get it. u can try. or u can call blue ginger 62223928 to ask for their website.
happy.gif

hehehhee....i also tried Halia before. i think i must have exhausted a lot of places during my ROM search.
happy.gif
hehehhee.... i visited halia twice to talk to the manager. i must say their service is good too, though not as superb at alan lah. hehehe... yes, a bit more expensive, and the menu is not really extensive. not much choice. if u want airconditioned, i think they can only accomodate 50 indoors. but what i like is they could provide contingency as well in case it rains. coz i had preferred to have solemnisation at the bandstand (a small white godric pavilion) in botanic gardens itself....

yan

jul, i cant join u gals too early.. i finish work at 6pm, and i have not left punctually at 6 since the second day of my work with this company. think will meet u gals at marche instead...

yvonne

Hi Trixie,

Thank you. So, have you decided on your banquet venue yet? M Hotel?

As for me, still waiting for the date to be fixed, most probably latest by end of this month, the date should be confirmed.

There is quite alot of preparation to be done. I'm going to make appointments with 4 respective photographys before which one to take cos I'm more interested in the digital photography.

Have a nice weekend!

doreamon

Hi Ino,

U want to take a look at the buffet menu by blue ginger. I got it from Letty Lim.
happy.gif

Blue ginger also inside my list. Will go down on Friday to check out the place also.

I have a few quotation from various venues such as carlton etc and uploaded into the yahoo briefcase, maybe u want to go in and check it out.

The website is http://sg.briefcase.yahoo.com/
Login is wedding_related
Password is happiness

I got a lot of other information for ROM inside too. U go check it out.
happy.gif

jamci

CC2, i afraid during nov & dec will be rainy season. And futher more, my hubby will be on re-service during the whole month of jan.
So we are afraid that we might not have enough time to choose the photos.

Binbin, ewalkingcat is at Suntec city Tower 2

pebbles

hihi girls,
just pop in to say hi,
think most of u toking abt rom venue ah..and wedding songs ah...think by the time come mine, most of u would have done the song list liao...can just borrow from u girls...ahahah

cin p,
so how's yr prep...??? yr ps when ah..?? forget liao, should be quite soon rite cos yr big day in jan hor

ino,
still sourcing for your rom dress ah...??? can try allure, they got nice dress...or maybe take a look at empire

jan

hello gals!

haha.. yup, Jul, u post so many at one go!! haha!!

hi zen, my wedding's on 10 Jul..

Well, i think 4 & 5th Lunar month quite popular for weddings, looking at this year's May& June, lots of wedding's going on...

cc2

hi Jamci,

u r alright! Nov and Dec raining session, and if it rains then have to pay $$$ for the makeup artist to do the makeup for another day.
sad.gif

Anybody book their actual day photography and videography already? ;)

karyinn

Hi Jul,

Frankly, I am quite proud with our government. Imagine other country (eg. Hongkong) don't even have the chance to queue :p

trixie

Hi Yvonne,
Ive mailed you a map to The Wedding Present from Pagoda Street. It's bit small though.

Still haven't decided on banquet venue...but quite keen on M Hotel lor. Their package is one of the more comprehensive ones.

trixie

Hi Evon,
Is Bt Batok on the walk-in list? Thot they won't be since they're so popular! Come be my neighbour lah
biggrin.gif

Pant suit can be very nice, very different from the throngs of brides you'll see at ROM
happy.gif
Does GHA have them though? If not, a knee/calve length dress can be nice also. Not too dressy for day event so can still go out and have fun after that
happy.gif

dolphin

Thanks binbin!
happy.gif

Hmmm, seems like most of u r having ur PS in last qtr of the yr. Funny, my bridal studio was suggesting to us to hv our PS in Jan'04. But I think I want to hv it earlier, juz in case they don't turn out nice, then still can hv time to re-take....

evon

Hi Trixie,
During June there was already one walk-in but both my FH n myself are suspecting there might be more than just tat 11 units. Will hv to see if till end of this year there aren't anymore walk-in then I will be your neighbour real soon :p

I'm not too sure if GHA has pant suit. I will choose something simple instead anyway after the event most likely going to change back simple t-shirt n shorts cos we're having a bbq session.

Your reno finishing soon huh? can take some pics n show me cos I might need to look around for ideas already. Might just go for the 'lego' tiles...interesting tiles cos just 'click' can already..they even hv 'lego' wall, dunno if it's secure but from pics look ok.