(2004) Brides of year 2004

shinchan

Jas, welcome!!!!
biggrin.gif

Sunflower, my first appt will be early sept. The girl told me not too good to go during the lunar 7th mth. Maybe 'pang dang' lor. Actually, I dun mind lah, jus that she fixed a date liao, so jus take lor...

Which week is ur first fitting?

pageup

Hi Dream,

Welcome to the thread.

So when is your wedding?
happy.gif

I don't know about Linn Kong and O studio. But I have saw some samples of O studio's work in bridal magazines and websites, they look artistic.

Hi all,

just to update you all. I have booked my actual day with Alan dai.
Also book my ROM on 11 oct. So excited now
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Ever,
Oic! But why hv to remove his ring before going to bed??? I've booked KB class this coming wed at BV will probably go KB again on sun at cineleisure (but hvnt book yet)...
wink.gif

ever

Hi yvonne!! ai ya, his habit loh... cannot wear ring or chain to sleep.... oh, me going for sun's lesson... book early, k?? weekends very popular!! so, can see you in action!! heehehehehee....
lol.gif
you took "24 lessons in 3 mths" package also??

binbin

An update

ShinChan - 06th Mar, Saturday
CC2 - 11th Mar, Thursday
Jas - 12 March, Friday
Jamci - 16th Mar, Tuesday
Binbin - 20th Mar, Saturday
Dolphin - 20th Mar, Saturday
Sunflower - 28th Mar, Sunday
Ah Blur - ?
Baobao - ?
Gakusei - ?

yvonne

Ever,
I took 12lessons one! Oh, so u hv book yr lesson on sun at CO oso? Hmm... thk i'll call them later!
*Scratch head*... why today so QUIET??? Where is everyone...!!! I know Jul is on-leave.

yan

halo gals..

yan reporting!!
me mc last friday, today come in and see so many posts.. see until blur..

hows everyone's weekend?? i had a really rested one,but now still tired... monday blues..

but looking forward to tom's dinner date...
happy.gif
happy.gif

trixie

Hi Taurus & Yvonne,
Hv sent the pics to you
happy.gif

Hi Yvonne,
Glad you had a good experience at TWP
happy.gif

Hi fencnef,
I chose photography with IG too! So are you going to have Mavis as your makeup artiste? Will you be taking IG for your actual day as well?

yvonne

Hi Gals,

Im going off soon to see a doctor... not feeling so well got flu & headache now + whole body aching.

Hope to see you 2molow.

onee

Harlo gals,

Mi oso long long never come in liao... So much discussion going on. Move to facial liao har
happy.gif

My prep moving slowly. Still browsing bridal shops loh...

Instead of worrying about my own wedding, meanwhile kay poh with future BIL and best friend's wedding
biggrin.gif

fencnef

hi trixie..
yah yah..i'm choosing her as my makeup artist..easier and better mah since IG is made up of a couple..hee..wen is ur wedding?
happy.gif

dolphin

Welcome to this thread, Jas.
Hmm, wonder where's our 'initiator', Ah Blur & oso Baobao & Gakusei?

CC2: Ya, I find tt Ah Wai's style is more natural. But not sure abt the rest 'cos didn't c their portfolio. Maybe u can try asking those couples who r their photographers? Or u can identify those photos tt u like in the album & ask the shop which photographer took them. Tt's wat my FH & I did. Ha ha, I guess got to be thick-skinned a bit, we asked them a lot of qns. (But most of the time I asked my FH to ask them, hee hee)

amethyst

Hi Ocean
thanks for the summary!
i'm still shopping for the venue leh.... wanted to go see Shangri-la this week. Hope to nail it down by end of July.
As for gown, I'm getting OTR, allure charix got new WG shipment in Sept... now got new EG..if you girls are keen, got take a look, i haven't got time lah.

silver

Hihi...

Quiet morning ya?

Yvonne,
Oh what happened to you? Take care ya.

Ever,
How's ur wedding band holder like? Some gals used ring pillow.

Yan,
You also sick? Must take care too.

Jan,
MIA?

Jul,
Must be enjoying your leave ya?

trixie

hi fencnef,
mine's in dec 2004, tentatively on 12th. i should be taking Mavis as my makeup artiste also, so that can have the privilege of her following us ard during the PS
happy.gif

You have any gown designs in mind yet?

choco

yah! 3.5K for a vacuum cleaner?! guess it must be a really good one then!

Onee - not too sure about Osim vacuums...but i know that Osim stuff are generally quite ex, so i wouldn't go there to buy household equipment! Mabbe buy for luxury purposes it'll be ok...but not for house
happy.gif

Mimosa - wow, so lucky to go Bali! Yup, i guess it's always more fun if u go around on your own
happy.gif
But u mentioned poster bed - u mean if u saw one u like, u'd buy it back to S'pore?? As for ur jewellery, no harm going around to the different shops to look at their designs, since u'll be designing ur own after all
happy.gif
So cool to design ur own! Not many pple have that privilege
happy.gif

Shirley - take things easy first...perhaps ur FH is the type who likes to leave this kind of decision-making to the lady, is it? Coz i know of many guys who can't really be bothered abt such stuff. If so, then make the best out of it! u've the freedom to choose whatever stuff u want!
happy.gif

fencnef

ic...i'm having somewhere around nov n dec 2004, havent decide the date..r u taking the journalistic photography frm IG?
happy.gif
mi taking the MTM wedding package frm TWP, oni end of this yr dan we will go for the designing..wat abt urs?
happy.gif

trixie

I took the MTM package too. Patrick told me need to cfm design by next may. how come yours is so early leh?

I'm thinking of taking the $1800 journalistic package from IG..provided savings go as planned. If cannot manage to save, then maybe will settle for a normal one lor. very stressed ah!

yan

no one around today???

silver -- thanks for your concern.. I got the flu bug last friday, think the air con too cold and that the air at my office not very clean so got the virus...

after a long weekend, i came back to office with mountain load of work, I was just away for one day and i have so much backlog. *sign* pay me so little and so much work...

cc2

Hi Dolphin,

I have been to the shop quite frequently to change my package to PS. A bit pai seh to go again
wink.gif
. Maybe I will wait for another few more weeks before I make my apperance again. hahaha....
lol.gif

Wat did u asked Ah Wai?

I asked them whether I need to choose which photographer I want, they tell me all the photographers all equally good.

jan

hey gals!!
happy.gif

Getting busier these days so no time to post in off! hehe..

Hey yan & yvonne, hope u gals are feeling ok.. Drink lotsa water ya!

Yup ever, realised karyinn is missing too.. hmm..

Wah, Jul, u enjoying life eh *envy* i wanna take leave too!! hehe... U went Thomson wedding to try gowns is it? hehe..

silver, so u're starting ur gym sessions too huh?! That's good to hear u gals exercise!! hehe..

And gals... i must apologise first, think i cant meet u gals tom.. Last min, got a family dinner thingy.. Very sorry abt it....

B

blue lake

hi dream...

hmm... i've never heard of Linn kong... but have seen the work of O Studio... O Studio seems to be not bad from the pictures i saw. quite nice.

i've signed up with Chris Ling. like his work. funny guy too.
like mee mee, i've signed up with KC from Greymatter.

i've met my designer, Kai, finally. my design for my WG and EG settled already. toga for WG and full lace "mermaid" style for EG. he said i can wear my gown without the veil back niang2 jia1. so can save money on tea dress. haha.
i only need 1 pair of shoes. yeah! he said anyway ppl can't see my legs. 1 pair of silver shoes enough.

do u think it's funny to wear WG back to niang2 jia1? heard of ppl practising this? hmm... he said my family members than can take photos with me in my wedding gown....if not they won't get a chance to do it during the dinner.

mimosa

Onee,

Well, not many pple have heard of this brand, but those who are really into cleaning systems would know it. That vacuum cleaner is not from Osim. We initially wanted to buy Osim Mermaid too, but come to know that it has some disadvantages that in the long run adds up to high running cost which may not be value for money afterall. The vacuum is called Rainbow, from US. It's a patented product which has evolved over the years to become the top US cleaning system. If u want more info, I can furnish u with the details. really very clean, after mopping or vacuuming the floor with rainbow, the house is so spotless for many days. It also doubles up as an air purifier and cleans mattress and air-con too!

Choco,

Yeah, I love poster bed! wanted very much to have one, we last time got this intention to go Bali to buy one, but coz of the bombing, dun dare to go. Now went, but then went with family so also cannot spend time buying own things. If see suitable one, would have bought and ship back to Singapore. I had my teak furniture made in Dempsey but then they also make it overseas and ship here, so it's actually more worth if can get some off-the-shelf in Bali.

I went to Poh Heng, but didn't really like the designs, maybe coz it's gold and I do not fancy gold, that's why. But elders said must get gold as si dian jin is traditionally gold, so I think I would respect them. Heehee, maybe can get catalogues from Tiffany then replicate the design in gold.

Hey, u all haven't answer my question whether u all got apply for the singaporebrides card not?

dolphin

Hi CC2,

Fyi, we saw a few pics tt r very beautifully taken so we asked one of the staff there which photographer took them. He told us those r taken by Ah Wai. Then we saw 1 man came back to the shop wif a couple & we asked the staff who's he & were told tt he is Ah Wai, the 'newest' photographer. So to make sure tt those pics tt we like r taken by him, I took those pics & asked him some qns related to the pics, such as: r u the 1 who took these pics? Where's tt location? How he determine a gd plc 4 photoshoot blah blah blah... hee hee, juz 'bullshit' wif him lor... tt's y thru the conversation we found him still ok. But dun think he's local, think my FH did ask him where's he fm but I can't rem.

Actually we oso asked the staff which photographer is gd? Any recommendation? They oso say all r equally gd; each has his own style...

Guess hv to wait 4 those experienced brides in the French thread to state their recommendation?

jas

I've actually booked my bridal and wedding venue already.

Bridal package: Bridal Concept
Wedding Dinner: not yet confirmed.

Would be taking my photoshoot in Oct. Any good places to suggest for outdoor photography?

silver

Hihi,

Jan,
Ya and will be going for first consultation and body balance class tml.

Oh so you can't join us ya? What a pity.

Hey dun think I can come online tml. In case any changes pls call or sms me. See ya...

dreams

hi all

thanks very much for the feedback... i already decided on linn kong thot kinda like the way she used strong colours on pictures, hope the pics will turn out nice... me customary on feb next yr having PS in nov... now juz confirmed my EG but not very sure if that's wat i want. ;/

hey blurlake, ur EG sound so nice i always wanted a full lace dress but i have to top up for it u see, so I'll juz stick to what i m entitled. envious...... what's the colour??

i m still thinking if i should take reddish pink or purple??? really cant decide... my ballroom is gold in colour, what do u gals think??

n last of all, thanks for the warm welcome...
cheers

ever

Morning gals!!

silver, my band holder is made with a box and flowers filling up the box... then there's a vertical heart-shaped wire which will be the "hanger" for the rings.... ai ya, very hard to explain....
blush.gif

jan, you not joining us?!??! so disappointing.... hhmmm.... never mind, we'll try to organise another one soon so that you & karyinn can make it... think karyinn very busy to log in, so dont think she'll be free to go for the gathering...
sad.gif

oh, i must remember to store all you gals no into my mobile later.... if not, hard to meet up, man... ok, gals... me wearing a black cardigan (yes, jul!! again!!!) and black pants... what're you gals wearing??

B

blue lake

hi dream

ya.. i've to top up for the lace... but dunno how much. but i asked for the not so ex one... haha.
my EG is champagne colour... a richer tone one. my designer said this colour will look elegant at night. this colour is quite close to wat i wanted actually.

wat kind of purple u're looking at? lilac is a overused colour i think... is ur ballroom's gold very strong? if it is, maybe u can go for softer colours? tat's wat i think la.

gakusei

Thanks gals for the advise. Is there any recommendation of fengshui master? How much does it cost? We are thinking of getting it from the temple but too bad, I believe they rely on the tongshu as well, so they can't calculate the date for me.

Both me and my FH have very tight schedule.....even on weekend....time really not enough!!! Oh no ....start to feel panic ....
sad.gif

onee

Hi Mimosa,

Thanks for the insight info about Mermaid
happy.gif
You mentioned about the advantages. Can I know the disadvantages via [email protected] if it's not convenient to discuss here? Thought it's good to know both pros and cons so that I can explain to Mummy mah
wink.gif
Thank you ...

I am comtemplating whether to apply the card too...

fencnef

yo trixie!

we requested pat 2 do early cos' we goin 4 the fotoshoot on next yr june liao...so design will b end of dis yr..got 20% off frm journalistic if take IG's studio and outdoor loh..
happy.gif

yvonne

Good Day Gals,
Thanks so much for the concern... im feeling much better today. I thk i KENA the same 'flu virus' as Yan! Now still feeling abit blur blur...
crazy.gif

Jan,
Too bad you can't join us today but nvm there is aws another time... rite gals?
happy.gif

Ever,
I can visualise the holder, i thk it will look very unique and nice. Are you going to fill the box with rose pedal or dry poppouri? Btw, I'm wearing purple top and black skirt...hee!
wink.gif

choco

Hmm...how much is the card? Actually i'm lazy to apply for the card, esp if i won't be using it for the privileges! See how lah
happy.gif

Mimosa - yeah a poster bed sounds cool! But it's not that easy to find reasonably-priced nice ones in S'pore...well, go Bali next time to shop then!
happy.gif
My colleague's also going to buy a poster bed for her new home...mabbe i can ask her where she's intending to buy it from...

trixie

Hi Yvonne,
Have resent the pics.

harlow fencnef,
Har? why you do you PS so early leh? thot it's usually 3mths before the BIG day?

btw, have you chosen your banquet yet?

fencnef

hey trixie...

hmm...we wan 2 do early cos' dun wanna last min "shou mang jiao luan"loh..abt doin PS 3 mths b4 the BIG day mi nt aware leh..mayb we've aldy highlighted to dem we wanna do PS early, so IG booked for us in jun..
happy.gif
dan TWP will finish the gowns b4 the PS..
banquet still looking around loh..u?? got any suggestions har?
happy.gif

yan

morning ladies,

so what time are we meeting today??? head count -- how many of us meeting 2nite??

hee hee, my dressing is a combination of yvonne & ever.. me in purple top and black pants... most likely coming with black cardi as well...

see ya

trixie

hi fencnef,
oic...gd too...then you wont have too many things nearer the wedding date to settle.
happy.gif

banquet wise, my hubby & i really like M Hotel loh. But for it's reputation (or rather somewhat lack of..), it's quite expensive at $800 per table. But their banquet suite is really beautiful! what is your budget (per table) and how many tables you looking at?

i've got a summary of packages from various hotels that i can send to you if you want. it was only in doing that that i realised i didn't have too many choices since i have only about 25 tables. most ard my budget requires abt 30
sad.gif

sunflower

Shinchan, my 1st appt is on the 2nd last wk of august - 23 August. Not sure whether this date fall on the lunar 7th mth. Anyone knows when the 7th month will end ?? anyway, when the bridal shop choose the date for us, we didnt even consider thats the 7th month, we just wanted a saturday where we are not working.
happy.gif

gakusei, u can try out the fengshui master at the building near Guan-yin temple at Bugis. There are several fengshui master there but the charges are different. We just hop into one of the shop and he charges $35 for the dates, pick 3 dates for us and if the restaurant already booked on all 3 dates, can go back to him again to pick another date at no cost. But the charges does not inclusive of calculating the date for "guo-da-li" etc...becos we tot of making it simple..maybe we just get a nice day from the calender.

which day do you plan to get married ? hv u book ur wedding package and wedding venue yet ?

hi jas, i heard tat bridal concept got very good reputation !
happy.gif
is at bugis rite ??

ever

Hi Hi!! ok, see you gals tonite!! finally copied down the contact nos.... heehheeheehee...

yan, think there're 6 of us.... you, me, yvonne, jul, silver and sagi.... hopefully, karyinn can make it!!
happy.gif
and i hope sagi didnt forget about tonite's gathering!! she didnt log in for some time liao...

fencnef

hey trixie..

ic..mi looking for restaurant..i oso facing the same ting, we got like 20-25 tables and i guess most hotels have a higher minimum no. of tables leh dan restaurants...
furthermore, mi nt v.confident with the quality of food frm hotels leh..my old folks will complain if the food is nt nice..
if u noe any hotel which fits my bill, let mi noe hor..hee..
happy.gif

jan

hello ladies!
happy.gif

Hey gals, enjoy urselves tonite! hehe.. Hey, think someone better give sagi a buzz, scarly she forgot already...hehe..

Wah, so it's a purple and black day for u gals huh! hehe..

jan

Just to update here.. who hasn't confirm bridal yet? hehe.. Is it only me? Think not rite, i know ever, silver, jul and yvonne has, how abt u Yan?

trixie

hi fencnef,
did you try grand shanghai? it looks really nice! but must admit i've no clue abt restaurants since didn't do any research on them..hehe