(2004) Brides of year 2004

jul

Hi Yvonne,

Looks like silver has given you the website. But I warn you, there are so many gowns that after looking at 100, I gave up already. Haven't been to that website for months!
lol.gif
Can't face the avalanche of gown photos :p

Hi silver,

Yup yup, now I'm the shifu. All u gals gotta serve me tea b4 I teach you how to make corsages
biggrin.gif

I think all bridal shops have awful OTR EGs. The nice ones would have been taken home, & the lousy ones, nobody wants them. So it's always the ugly EGs circulating for years & years :p

coven

doreamon,
how simple is the simple??

no matter how simple mine goes, it will be big coz both of us have big families. with ref to his sister's wedding, the ceremony took abt 2~3hrs :|

yvonne

Hi Silver,
Thanks for the website address...

Hi Jul,
Haa haa... thanks for the warning!

Something wrong with our company server, can't seems to view the website but nvm will try it at home then (Hee hee...slowly take my time! ZzzZzzz......)

Hey, dos u gals noe there is this bridal show coming up in 16/17 August at Marina Mandarin???
Check this out: http://www.my-marriage.com/sg/mer_listing/5thdesigner/index.asp

Any1 interested to go since is FREE ADMISSION!!!
wink.gif

yvonne

Yeah i thk our XIAO SHIFU is rite... EGs usually quite limited choices cos' most ppl will MTM and can select their fav color!

doreamon

Hi Coven,

Simple means tea ceremony followed by buffet reception in both bride's place and groom's place so that relatives who are there can makan.
happy.gif
Then end of story already
biggrin.gif

jan

Hello..

silver, i think Jul is rite, usually OTR EG are not nice one! Silver, better to MTM one and u can also keep!

Huh.. Marina mandarin having show again!! Tot they just had theirs not long ago!! Anyway, dun think wanna go, not interested in any of the participating bridal studios leh..

yes Yvonne, the Knot website really has got lots of gowns.. see until cross eyes!!
lol.gif

jul

Hi Yvonne,

I think the website is just unstable. Too many pple surfing it, I think. It always cannot be accessed, which is one of the reasons y I stopped gog to theknot.com

Hi Jan,

I dun wanna go for the bridal show too. In fact, I think I shall forget abt bridal shows already. Will be busy with the reno project, also think it's a waste of time coz I can't seem to remember any of the designs! *blur*

fencnef

hallo everybody..

wow..gd to c many 2004 brides here wo..
mi booked with TWP and photography with IG..my wedding will b sometime in end oct, early nov like dat loh..
happy.gif

soupie

hi gals! /image{wave}

haven't been posting much cos haven't got anything much to contribute...

ino/onee/cin_p, i think the idea of CS is very classic leh.. saw one bride's pic wearing black CS with very bold and colorful embroidery with shawl.. wow.. the effect very modern and elegant!
happy.gif
it's black but doesn't look inauspicious leh.. instead it look very good. but for my own figure dun think i can carry it off.... no height and no figure :p

binbin, i got the idea that AHA peels or facials are for acne prone skin and it's quite 'harsh' on the skin... but i might be wrong lah... so i dun think u have to go for any special treatments maybe treatments to give u radiance will do.. u have to be patient to see results leh
happy.gif

btw, nick goh also has videography package rite? have u seen his video portfolio before ah? if yes, wat do u think of it?
happy.gif

silver

Hi Jan, yvonne & Jul,
I think my package MTM EG cannot bring back. Still cracking my head for designs of WG & EG.

yvonne

Hi Silver,
I think dun crack yr head too much la... just go and try it out then u will know which is suitable for you. In the meantime, look thru bridal magazines (cut it out) and get some ideas and talk to the designer, thk this is what we can do rite now (OUR OWN HOMEWORK!!!).

jul

Girls! I feel like selling off my package, becoz I happened to see some photos that I like a lot. Then also, I keep thinking of that gown that I tried that I liked a lot too. What do you think? Do you think anyone wants to buy?

jan

For me, i think i got too many diff designs i like leh, see from mags and the knot site... think i really fickle minded... How ah? Think when i finally sign up with bridal then seek the designer's advise, otherwise everyday i'll like something else, just can't seem to make up my mind!!
lol.gif

yvonne

Hi Jul & Jan,

Ur rite man... i went into the website see so many designers n bridals i got a SHOCKED n PANIC!!!
crazy.gif

Think I'll just browse thru but I dun thk I can finish each n every one! If I like one of the gown, how to print out and show it to my designer huh???
uhoh.gif

jan

Which photo and gown did u try on Jul?? Sorry, must update me a bit, didn't meet u gals yesterday!! hehe...

Or u can ask Thomson to do the same gown? Or just take ur deposit with them to do men's suit.. coz guys are more chin chye rite?

Otherwise try advertising in the forum here??

jul

Hi Yvonne,

I also panicked when I saw the no of gowns available. And after a while all the gowns look the same, so I blur...
happy.gif

Hi Jan,

I'm also very fickle minded. Wanna go visit so many bridal shops. Then I keep thinking of this gown I tried at Julia Wedding News (that's Karyinn's shop). Very tempted to sell off my package to get a la carte. But I think my fiance will kill me lor
sad.gif

binbin

hi soupie, dun think i have seen nick's video presentation. but it's not done by him....so dun think i am considering it.
happy.gif

dolphin

Hi CC2,

My guess only lah, cos heard tt b4 he joined French, he was working in another bridal shop... hee hee.

Okie, will chk with them when I book my 1st appt. Will share my experience then.

I

ino

Hi soupie,

CS really enhances one's figure. It all depends on the workmanship. Bad workmanship results in the CS looking really frumpy.

I thought of Black colour CS too but dun think my mum likes it...hehehe...so i opted for purple.

Hi cin_p,

Help! i think i bust my wedding budget! i bought a CS from Ted Collection!!! i deliberately forgot to tell hubby that i'm going to bead it...heheheh...It's a purple CS with an organza back....i told the designer that i want full beading. i have a fetish for beads!

Actually, i did not really think much of CS but when i tried it on, i feel so womanly leh...CS is really very very sexy...with the high high slit.
;-P

Hi Doreamon,

If you have a tube gown, i think it will be nicer to go with an elaborate crystal necklace. However, if your gown has loads of beading on it, then a simple one will suffice.

As for pearl, think you should think about it again. Not many people can carry it off coz pearls are usu associated with more matured people.

Necklaces/accessories need not be expensive...if you know how to make it. ;-P I cld give you some assistance coz i'm into making my own bridal jewellery as well. If possible , you could take a picture of yr gown and email to me. My email addy is [email protected]

Alternatively, if you have a bridal package, you can get it FOC from yr bridal shop. ;-)

B

blue lake

hi pageup,
u dun have to go down again to fill up forms. on the actual day, just register at the counter and names and IC nos are to be checked whether they are correct. then proceed to the 2nd floor to check which room to go and wait for our names to be called. =) hope my memory dun fail me. i ROMed 1 year ago. hope the precedure is still the same.

poox

it's my fiance's church - wesley. Could have hold it in my own church but we decide to take the following sat.

jas

Hi Sunflower

My bf and I actually booked the bridal package with Bridal Concept, cos of the location. Dunno about the service, as we've only been there once to try the gowns. So far so good. The boss and her husband always remember me and my bf whenever we pass by their shop. So it does gives us a very warm feeling. I got MTM package with them, but found my 2 gowns OTR, so settled for that. I not so fussy, just want to have a simple wedding, and get on with married life....
happy.gif

silver

Hi Jan, Jul & Yvonne,
I am like you gals - v fickle minded too. Too many designs I also dunno what I like and suit me
uhoh.gif

Hi Jul,
You dun see any gowns you like from Thomson? You dun mind to spend more for ur bridal?

ever

Hi gals!!

not going to be in office tmw.... so, drop a note first!! heehehehehhee....

Jul, think you can get Thomson Wedding to MTM a similar one... a la carte very exp leh!! plus i read from the thread that Julia Wedding News got mixed reviews.... so wouldnt encourage you to sell yr package, though it wouldnt be difficult.... or you can get the gown from Julia Wedding News and photography package from Thomson?? then yr fiance wouldnt kill you!! hahahaha.......

yvonne, not sure if the bridal show you talking about is those that sell OTR gowns.... me went to one organised by my-marriage.com before... in the end, i didnt get to see much OTR gowns for sale, but lots of salespeople pushing their bridal packages to us!!! so pissed off!!! thought of getting my ROM dress there, but.....

the website really useful, but havent been there for a long time.... still got lots of time to do our homework....
lol.gif

silver, me also very worried that J&M's evening gowns very limited.... maybe will MTM loh... but very waste of $$ hor.... $200 for a gown that i cant keep.... only wearing it for a few hours.... hopefully i can introduce some frens to them, then they'll MTM for me free!!! yiipppeee!! if you gals hav any frens who are going to sign up with J&M, can let me know?? juz need to tell the shop that i introduce them.... heehehehehehehehee... silver, if yr package includes MTM evening gown, then by all means do it!! usually cannot keep one lah...

we can exchange ideas (our homework!!) for gown designs nearer the date that we're supposed to MTM our gowns loh....
happy.gif

silver

Hi ever,

Tml on leave? So good....

I am thinking to try their OTR first. If I can get something I like dan can exchange it for extra photos. If not dan MTM but I guess most likely will end up MTM one lah
crazy.gif

From what I understand J&M's gowns pretty simple. If you like simple dan you might like theirs.

A

a&w

Hello ladies!

Amos here. Just wanted to drop by and say hi! Wendy and i are due to return home from Canada on the 30th of Aug. Our wedding has been shifted to April 2, 2003. CAN'T WAIT TO GO HOME!
happy.gif

doreamon

HI Ino,

Thanks for helping with the accessories. I don't mind to pick up some tips from u. I got the choker already so now only left something for the hand. Will try to email u once i got my picture. Thanks again!
happy.gif

Glad that u got your CS from TC. I loved their gown designs. Very very nice! But i did not get from them as i lazy to keep the gowns.
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Morning,

Ever,
U very shiok hoh... lazing at home in this cooling thursday! ZzzZzzz.........

Silver & Jul,
Btw, hv any of you gotten yr date for fitting of ROM dress/gown? Hee hee... i thk we thk too much liao la. I dun thk it will be that BAD after all! Come to worst, just MTM yr gown or EG rite! Then u can hv a brand new piece and the design you want...etc. So i thk HOMEWORK is very impt lor, we can aws bring some mag n out for discussion/exchange opinion... A girlfriend advised me not to go too early for the fitting and check with them got any newer design coming up before we commit.

yvonne

Hi Silver, U might be interested in this:

Yvonne Creative is having a wedding show and it'll be held at,

Venue: Far East Square (Pavillion)
Date: 26th July 2003 (Saturday)
Time: 12.00 - 9.00 PM
Fee: Admission free

choco

hi mimosa!

dun be too excited so early yah? i haven't got a chance to ask my colleague yet...but will try to do so! She may or may not know abt where to buy poster bed...

ur master bedroom big enuff for poster bed? Quite amazed leh...always thot HDB flats too small...

happy.gif

D

dec04

Hi Navy and all,

I am interested in jawn's package as well as I attended a friend's wedding with jawns gown and it is fabulous.
happy.gif

But what are their styling?

elenne

hey everyone. garfield welcome!
happy.gif

have not been donig anything for the wed preparation becos of work.

i am so pissed with my hotel coordinator. before i paid the deposit he was so prompt in replying mails but now he hasn't replied after 4 days!!

forest

hi ladies,

ahhh... this wk has been a hectic wk for me... luckily, i get to rest these 2 days.. n start to b busy again only next wk....
biggrin.gif

ya man... keep the postings coming in whenever we can... dun let this thread die!!!!!!!!!!!
lol.gif

cin_p,
oohh.. abt my doggie ah.. ya lor.. its at yishun.. will b home alone when we r out at work..

eh.. my acne no more.. but the open hole is still there... arrrggghhhh
sad.gif

ino,
i saw ur posting abt ur foot spa cum pedi at Nailgirl... so tempted to do it now!!! i bet it must hve been soooo shiok rite!?!

wah.. u bought a CS already ah.. tt's sooo FAST! hahahah... not telling ur FH is a good idea leh.. haha..
wink.gif

binbin,
good to hear tt at least ur prob area is already dried up.. at least it means tt its on the way to extinction liaoz...
happy.gif
do feedback to us if ur BI treatments r really effective.. i'm also in the search of a good n reliable salon to go to...
happy.gif

doreamon,
good tt u've decided on wat to get... hee hee..
happy.gif

amos,
wah..... so excited tt u post in here ah... kakakkakak
biggrin.gif

soupie,
alamak.. its been 2 wks liaoz.. n i hvent met u to pass u the cd!!!
embarrassed.gif
arrrrgghghh.. pai seh.. hmm... r u shortlisting ur videographer now??? hey, we betta arrange soon to pass it to u okies.. hhahaha.. do sms me if u coming arnd.. same goes for me...
biggrin.gif

keann

yes still in singapore...but going back soon.

The wine suppliers no:
Diana:62764633
Desmond:96207168

Actually Diana gave me the contact to Desmond...but can try both nos....there's another supplier..but i am going to try their wine this sunday at my friend's wedding first....dun want to recommend something that is not nice.

Alright....weekend is coming..hope everyone will be having fun!

jul

Hi gals!
Just came back from another useless meeting
happy.gif

Silver,
I didn't see anything I liked from TWD. But the problem is also, I dun have a firm idea of what I like. I mean, long train, big skirt, is very broad preference right? But the details itself is a big headache
sad.gif
If I wanna ala carte also got budget constraint
sad.gif

Ever,
So gd, on leave huh? What nice weather to laze ard at home
happy.gif
I think I'm very torn. Exploring all sorts of options. Retaining photogtaphy package with TWD, get gowns elsewhere... Sell away TWD package, get totally new one... MTM at TWD... How how? *aarggh* I'm going nuts!

J&M is very nice. I think when my future SIL got her gown OTR, she got a brand new one with no details, just the shell. Then she chose what pattern to sew on for embroidery, beadings etc. So not too bad right?

Yvonne,
My fiance thinks I'm fanatic. Keep thinking abt the gown thing. at first I also tot the gown isn't impt, but now, I realise I find the gown very impt too! *sigh*

choco

hi mimosa!

ok i've checked with my colleague, and she gave a few places where u can find poster beds:
1) Rainforest (Marina Sq) - about $1.8K
2) Banyan Tree - about $4K!!
3) Merchant Home
4) Damsey Road - sells a lot of teak furniture (if that's what u're looking for)

Yup, that's about it. Hope it helps!
happy.gif

soupie

forest, it's ok lah... no worries
happy.gif
not in a hurry also
happy.gif
me just @@ing around only.. not doing anything... still too early to decide on AD photographer and videographer leh..
happy.gif

jan

hello gals!!

Yup yup gowns designs can be a real headache...
But i think first of all, must know whether the designs suits u or not.. Then maybe u wanna think whether u want a very elegant looking type, a princess sweetie type or something which is very diff from the usual gowns etc etc etc... Just too many options lah!

Jul, maybe u wanna do a MTM one, give them some mag cuttings that u like and ask them to do the same.. Maybe u can like try to hint to ur fiance and see how he react if u wanna sell away package. But sometimes also not easy to sell away leh... Do u mean a la carte as in do everything from diff places??

Ever, very shiok hor... now shld be lazing or taking afternoon nap? hehe..

yvonne

Hi Gals, FYI.

Walk-In-Selection For 4-Room And Bigger Flats at Sembawang, Woodlands And Yishun Towns

On 20 Jul 2003 (Sun), HDB will launch the sale of 305 units of 4-room, 641 units of 5-room and 949 units of Executive flats in Sembawang, Woodlands, and Yishun towns under the Walk-in-Selection process.

Silver,
I dun thk im interested... but can go view their showflats.

yvonne

Yan,
I think I'll go KPO KPO too...hee hee!

Furnished Show Flats Location:

Sembawang
Blk 468A Admiralty Drive #03-125 (Executive Premium Apartment)
Blk 501D Wellington Circle #03-86 (Executive Standard Apartment)

Woodlands
Blk 585 Woodlands Dr 16 #04-84 (5-Room Standard Apartment)
Blk 585 Woodlands Dr 16 #04-86 (Executive Standard Apartment)

blurydoey

whoa really many postings until I see until eyes crossed..I just bought my corsages yesterday.
I also liked cs, but too bad no figure to wear it.
wendy,
u also busy busy, same here..got to settle quite a no of stuff before the 7th mth.
whoa all the facials n spa talk..nothing much to contribute..will drop in again..

silver

Hihi,

Yvonne,
Oh so YC has a tie promo wif Select Catering! I will drop by and take a look hehe

I am not keen wif that area too. Btw, how come no show flat for 4rooms?
sad.gif
So the show flat starts on the 20 Jul? Wonder would there be any q...

I will be having my rom + dinner together so too early to visit them. I am still wondering whether to wear a tea dress or WG for my solemnization cos it's going to be an hr b4 dinner. What do you gals think?

Jan, Jul, Yvonne & Yan,
Yvonne, ur gf is rite. Towards 3rd qtr of the yr, it's gd to check wif the bridal when their new designs coming in. I already told yvonne to call me when new designs are ready (but dunno will she remember).