(2004) Brides of year 2004

yvonne

Hi All The Meimei,

I just sent over my pix... hee! Give me yr comments... dun be shy! At least u gals get to see me before the actual day~! Any1 got pix can also share share with me hoh...

Cheers~

yvonne

Hi Karyinn,
I speak Mandarin with my friends most time... however, can stl communicate in english/singlish la no problem (abit slow/not tht fluent...)! Errrhhh....Aaahhh....Oohhhh.... haahaa!!! Just Kidding! Dun worry we are billingual, so no problem at all! Dialects also can but slower...hee hee!

binbin

hi hi girls...
happy.gif
hehhee....was wondering who will be the first to start this thread...
happy.gif
hehee... Thanks Ah Blur.. :p

I am a March 2004 bride too. Hi cc2, nice to see u here. ;)

sunflower, have booked bridal and venue liaoz. what about you?? have u booked videographer....? me looking for one leh...

M

mee mee

amethyst,

try shangri-la, the poolside rooms. Very romantic and suitable for lunch.

mee mee

A

anniesem

hai gals
really need advice on your wedding packages..
Me really a headache how to start looking for one.
what are the things I have to look out for when getting one
any advice??
Thanks

sunflower

Hi binbin and CC2,

i just booked my package and venue...heheee..but would be choosing my gown in late August. Do you think its a bit late ??

Not sure whether need a videographer or not..is it better to have videographer ?? Is that for the actual day ??

As for venue, still havent decide where..mine is actually a restaurant with open venue..so a bit confused. Mayb can get some advise from you gals.

happy.gif

binbin

hi hi sunflower... choosing gown in late august huh? is urs OTR or MTM? anyway, i think still should have time esp if OTR. dun worry....ur photoshoot should be in end yr issit?

dunno leh, me intending to have videographer but been beri lazy looking for one....sigh....yah, actual day. not everyone will wanna hire one though...

what do u mean by open venue huh? sorry me beri blur...can explain?

sunflower

allo binbin,

mine is OTR..no MTM..my bf say i look nice in 2 of the gowns so we took up the package. But i'm not sure when is my photoshoot ?! must check out with the bridal shop
happy.gif

is yours OTR or MTM ?

do you have any friends or relatives who can be a part time videographer for you on your actual day ? then u can save up some $$$..think we will be getting friends to help us ..if not, my bf's brother should be able to lend a hand.

we book the banquet with the tunglok group...and tunglok group has several restaurants. Open venue means can choose any of the restaurants provided the dates are available and the restaurant can accomodate seating capacity tat we want.

wat about u? btw, which day in march are u getting wed ?

cheers

silver

Helloooo

Wow you gals really super ya! Me read until very blur
uhoh.gif

Alamak I can't make it on mon leh cos mon n thur nites ve to go back office
sad.gif
Looks like left wif Tue cos Jul can't make it on wed n yvonne can't make it on fri? (hopefully I didn't see sala) But if you gals can't make it on Tue dan you gals on ahead. I will join in another time.

Ever,
Ya ya must force myself to do some exercise hehe

What's ur budget for the gift? Watch is nice. If not how abt a gd pen? (provided he can use it lah)

Jul,
No wonder nv hear from you yest. Thought what happened to you. I know wat you mean, I will be very handicap w/o hp too. You really lucky that the person actually return to you ya? It's really rare!

Dun worry lah, if you go gym regularly I am sure can loss abit?

Yvonne,
Hey nice meeting you yest! You are so slim, so gd no need to lost weight.

Trying to recall the first 3pcs of the gowns. Saw a few which find it not bad. Didn't know that GI is popular for their 'see thro' back too. As for package wise, find it abit x ya? Btw, did you stay for the lucky draw?

Yan,
Are you feeling better? I nv bring camera but anyway we are not allowed to take photos during the shows.

Karyinn,
So sweet of ur bf ya? My bf still own me a proposal hehe

Jan,
You ve to see their portfolio and see which one you like cos diff photographers ve diff style - some more focus on the person, some more into poses, some more nature.... After seeing so many, I also abit mix up hehe But personally find The Edge outdoor is nice but indoor so so. Beetle@work also not bad - towards nature. Seen O Studio somewhere but dun really like it.

dream

hi all i m also going to be a feb2004 bride, may i know which photographers most of u guys are using?????? any comments for linn kong or o studio???

ever

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">rise &amp; shine!</FONT> Morning gals!!!
happy.gif

me usually speak mandarin, but speak english to some of my frens and bf... weird hor...
crazy.gif
Karyinn, you not anti-social loh... cant help it if there's work commitment.... dont worry!! juz join us if you can make it!!
wink.gif

Jul, hows the reno that you saw??

Yvonne, thanks!! will check my email soon...

silver, if the rest of the gals can make it on tue, i dont mind loh... but must let me know earlier so that i can change my appt...
happy.gif
then, we can meet up with you also... wanna introduce yr bf to me?? then i can get him some diamond ring lobang, so that you dont hav to wait too long for yr proposal!! me also waiting patiently for mine!!! hahahahaha......
biggrin.gif

jan

Morning!!

Wah, silver, u slept late and woke up so early!!! hehe...

Yvonne, thanks, saw ur pic!
happy.gif

Yup, Jul, how was the reno? Like it? hehe..

silver

It's raining outside rite now... so nice to sleep. By rite today can wake up later cos later going to my appt direct but awake by my sis alarm n cannot sleep liao.

silver

Ever,

Paiseh to ve make you change ur appt. Next fri is fine wif me too. Can't remember issit someone can't make it?

Haha my bf thinks that he still ve one yr to propose to me.

jan

Yup, it's raining heavily...
yawn.gif

Just find that the weather a bit strange, it used to be sooo hot during Jun/Jul period but now it's like raining quite frequently these days..

ever

Hi jan &amp; silver!!

silver, no prob!! think yvonne prefer mon-thur... maybe dating her bf on fri!!
happy.gif
hahaha.... my bf thinks the same way too!! he say he got another 3 mths to propose, that means he'll propose juz before ROM!! cant stand them, rite?!?!? so, me told him to propose on 7 Nov loh... one day before ROM!!
crazy.gif
me always tell him he very selfish... dont let me hav the diamond ring earlier.... *sob**sob*....
wink.gif

jan, weather really unpredictable... was quite hot last week until fri... it rained the whole day on fri and my fren's PS was on that day!! she was so sad in the morning... but luckily, she quite happy with the photographer and had a great time!! a bit pity that she didnt get to take sunset pics as planned.....

jul

Good morning!
What a nice, cool morning to sleep in. I think when I take leave, I shall look at weather forecasts first. Must plan it nicely so that I can snooze in bed *hehe*

So, does it mean that Operation Disclosure is on next Tue????

Yvonne,
Ok I go c ur pics later. Too bad I dun have any digital photos to show u gals. But nvm, we'll be showing our faces soon
happy.gif

Silver,
Welcome back! U MIA-ed yesterday. Yeah lor, so gd that I got my hp back, never expected it. I was so xian when I tot of all the contacts that I lost
sad.gif

Aiyah, I cannot lose weight one lah. My body got problem, cannot lose / gain weight. always this size. Give up! *sob*

Jan &amp; ever,
The workmanship not too bad. Can consider as shortlisted. But then this is the 2nd flat I've seen, so cannot make decision so fast. My fiance tot that we'll just see aniother 3 - 4 more flats, then can make a decision. I tot must see abt 10 in total? So blur now, sigh...

Jan,
Yeah the weather is kind of freakish nowadays. I tot Jul is hot mth. Was kind of banking on the weather to be w/o rain. Can u imagine our wedding day w/ this kind of weather? Die...

jul

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">OPERATION DISCLOSURE</FONT>

DATE : 15 Jul 2003 (Tue)
TIME : 6.30 pm
VENUE : Suntec Marche

So far, confirmed :
yan
yvonne
jul
karyinn (open booking)
ever
jan
silver

jan

Hello gals!

Wah Jul, u're really efficient, so fast provide us with the details again! hehe..

Yup, hopefully it wont rain or it wont be too hot next year!!

Jul, u and ur fiance really gonna see 10 flats!! Wat if all 10 are not bad, then how? hehehe.. Last time for me, we only went to get 2 quotes, one is recommended by a friend another one was hard sell, so we just take the recommended one.. Fast rite!! I think both me and my hubby dun have the patience lah! Same goes for choosing banquet and i think for bridal as well!! Cannot go more than 3!!
lol.gif

silver

Hihi,

Thanks for changing to next tue! So we meet outside Marche?

Ya lately weather really weird. Makes me so worried cos Jul supposed to be less rain but now... n mine outdoor somemore. Really keep my fingers crossed.

Ever,
Haha so all guys are the same. Buay tahan rite?

Jul,
Oh so just go tone up lor.

Hey I ve signed up wif FP under the UOB promo. Theirs is $899 for 12mths. Reason being once we r married, spouse will be entitled to free membership so me see no point of signing so long (hopefully the mgmt dun change the scheme). But for you gals who are interested, I would think 12mths+12mths more worth it!

jul

Hi Jan,

Actually, I dun really wanna see 10 flats! Think I'll just see the workmanship for abt 3 flats. The other 7, I'll just talk to the contractors to get some info, etc. No harm talking to them, they may come up with some wonderful designs that we like very much. Also the 2 of us are not sure what to look out for with contractors. Very scared kena conned. It's ok for bridal shop, &amp; even hotel. But we're gog to live in the hse for quite some time, better be safe than sorry lor.

jul

Hi silver,

Yeah I think I'll just go &amp; get rid of some flabs. Dun stress myself too much abt losing weight, coz if I dun lose, I'll be very sad
sad.gif
The hor, my fiance a bit 'bian tai'. He told me he doesn't want me to get skinny! So gd for me lor *hee*

What's the UOB promo? Is it interest free installment? $899 for 12 mths isn't as cheap as CF, but if the place isn't so crowded, &amp; the salespple dun try to hard sell, I dun mind. Do you think we'll have time to take a look on Tue b4 the dinner?

yvonne

Good Day Meimei men...!!!
Wei wei wei...u meimei very ONz hoh. Wanna break record again huh!!! Boss is in la so cannot be so OBVIOUS... u noe i noe rite! Yeah... Is a cool tuesday... hw i wish can stl lie on my bed now!!! Tuesday is fine with me but not friday(sori)...hee!

Karyinn,
Thanks for yr compliment... ur quite sweet too got dimpers =*)

Silver,
Finally you are active again...hee! Me very slim hoh (trying to put on more weight)... YET stl need to keep fit/tone up one mah (abit contradiciting rite)?

silver

Hi Jul,
Yes UOB promo also 0% installment. If you looking at long term gym, issit the $1296 for 24mths (12+12) more worth it? Well see which one you like lah.

I think my bf called you yest but no one ans. Which branch do you wan to visit? Anyway, I will be going to Far East Sq branch this fri. You interested to join?

Hi Yvoone,
Slim good wat! I so envy hehehe Me still trying to lost abit of weight.

ever

Yvonne, you really pretty and slim loh... *envy**envy*

jul, how i wish my bf is as 'bian tai' as yr fiance!!! no need to lose weight!! hahahaha... we different, we complain about each other being FAT!!!
biggrin.gif

so, everyone can make it next tue?? then me go change my appt liao...
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi,

Why not join aerobics...hee! I thk is quite fun and really can sweat it out man... consider??? If ur interested, I can sent u AMORE package for reference.

Ever, ru going for aerobics today? Im goin this evening for the HI/LO class at orchard mrt...hee!

I

ino

wow...the forum so quiet recently....

cin-p cin_p,

how's yr wedding prep huh? me feeling very nua leh...
saw yr message at the Jan 04 thread, asking abt. the song list....
what have u compiled huh? Me looking at a lot of jazz singers leh...e.g steve tyrell, michael buble, harry cornick jr, frank sinatra, etc...

Think i found my march in songs already...but...they are not jazz songs...hehehe
mabbe we can trade our song lists with each other
;-)

in the midst of looking for flat...have decided not to ballot and buy resale flats. quite tempted to wait for the new Duxton Plain flats also...48 Storey high with sky gdns!

So, is your gown design settled?

*sigh* Any good recommendations for ROM places? Still searching...

jan

hello ladies!!

Jul, yup, actually better to go for recommended contractors, safer this way
happy.gif

Hehe.. Yvonne, tot u look sexy in the pic too!! hehe...

Haha, looks like i'm the only one not going gym, so no idea wat u gals are talking abt actually!!
lol.gif

yan

morning gals...

today i one eye monster... my contact len fell out.. so now looking at things using my left eye only... so, if later got typo error, please dun blame me hor...

silver-- u mentioned that spouse can attend gym for free? is this offer only vaild for you cos your bf is staff or does it applies to all?

later i also try to send u gals my photos... try la, but no promise cos i techno idiot.

jan

Hi zen, nope no one's having wedding at that date at the moment... Are u having yours that day?
happy.gif

Hi yan, Oh.. u sure u can see properly? If i were to lose one side, i think i'll get headache just by depending on one eye! Okie, awaiting ur pic too!!
happy.gif

doreamon

Hi Ino,

Yup...our thread so quiet, a bit unusual lei. Cannot get used to the quietness. :p

When is your ROM? U roming in or out?

Mine is on 12th OCt so now looking at venues even though FH unwillingly committed to Oaks but he still keep his option open so i need to do the running abt to find other venues for him to review. Tomorrow night going down to the Oaks to take a look.
happy.gif

yan

Hi Jan, I cant see properly at all... i am a blind cat without my specs or lens... having headache liao.. just went down to the shopping mall at suntec, and realised that ALL the specs shops are NOT open yet... can anyone beat that??

its already close to noon time, and shops are not open yet... think i have to endure with this blur vision till lunchtime.. *sign*

Hi Yvonne, saw your pix liao (using my one good eye of cos) you look tone up enuff la.. but excercise is still good for health... i think i should start on my dieting and slimming program soon.. if not, will be fat fat bride!!
sad.gif
sad.gif

ever

Oh yan, you be careful, k?? yr leg still havent fully recover, rite?? plus yr missing contact lens.... oh no, better lunch in today!!! if i lost a contact lens, i sure die.... very uncomfortable....

hi zen, think 25th jul falls in "june" of the lunar calender.... so, not many people will choose this date.... some parents more particular about chinese dates...
happy.gif

yan

ya lor, really huo bu dan xin... super down on luck!!! cannot lunch in leh, still have to fix my eye.. will drag a colleague with me, so that she can fu me along, like the ancient empress!!
lol.gif
lol.gif

I

ino

Hi Doreamon,

Me ROMING out. Any good recommendations besides OAKS? Me went to see the OAKS before...still in my list of shortlisted places. Was thinking of Carlton, Alkaff Mansion as well...

sagi

hi gals

so many postings again...
crazy.gif

hey, i m on for the gathering..........anytime is fine with me...since i still idling at home...kekkee......
lol.gif

i also speak mandarin with my frens......then english (think more singlish) with my bf cos he dun know mandarin.... some of my ex colleagues are malays, so speak english with them, then some mixture.......hahaha... me hokkien, but my dialect very jia lat....can understand but speak very chiam, the pronounciation sounds werid...
biggrin.gif
dun know cantonese or teochew.....

evon

Hi Trixie,
It's new from NTUC...something abt opening a saving a/c wif them with min $10/- can get this liao...maybe can go to www.ntuc.com.sg and take a look.

ya i saw the 7.5% and it's so damn high...aiyoyo...how to survive

sagi

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">yvonne</FONT>
saw ur pic liao........u very pretty n slim!
happy.gif
hmm... ur surname same as my bf wor......he always said pp with this surname quite good looking one.....saying himself also lor.....hahaha..
lol.gif
but so far i find that it's quite true.......hmmmmmm......

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">karyinn</FONT>
saw ur pics also.......u very cute, got dimples... *envy envy* i also want, but dun have...
uhoh.gif

u all no good lah........today i'm online no one is here...... then when i m not....post like siao...make me see stars everytime i come in...
bounce.gif

ever

Hi hi sagi!!! we're around lah... glad that you can make it for the gathering!!

hhmmmm.... must go see the contact list again... cant remember yvonne's surname.....
blush.gif

shinchan

Hi gals,

GREAT!!! Finally there's a thread for Mar'04 bride.

Me a Mar'04 bride too...

Have booked my venue at Mandarin Hotel &amp; Bridal Zone as bridal boutique...

binbin

hi Ino, where is this duxton plains flat u are talking abt? so nice ah? got sky gardens???

read somewhere that alkaff is ceasing operations soon. but they will honour all pre-booked appts until end of this year...but ppl are also worried coz heard there wun be cooks and staff and such....u better check out the situation before committing.. :eek: good luck!

binbin

hi Ino. If u are willing to spend and still would like a garden solemnisation, u can try Burkill's Hall, at the top of Botanic Gardens. thing is, they will charge a few K for rental of place.

or u can try beaufort (sentosa resort and spa)? they have a function room that overlooks the green lawn, beri nice! from the lawn, can look down into sentosa..
happy.gif