(2004) Brides of year 2004

A

a&w

Gals..!!

Stop talking about food leh...I'm drooling over here! I miss fish ball noodles, chicken rice and claypot rice sooooooooooooooooo much! Now I'm hungry..but there's nothing to eat.
sad.gif

pebbles

hihi girls...
25229.gif

sorry ah , i didnt see this thread for so the long , thought its no longer around ah...

Keann,
welcome home...
25230.gif
must eat as much good food as u can ah...
wow, u r so young...me same same as poox, born in 76, so good , can marry young..
happy.gif

so what have u being up to, i saw the link for the albums, all the albums are lovely....very nice, do keep us updated ah...

elenne,
welcome welcome...another May bride...goodie...
oh updates, i have booked GCW and as for my bridal, it's bridal zone..
happy.gif

poox,
how are u...???oh have u found yr actual day photographer ah...???i have being busy looking for contractors...really no joke ah..compare to weddings prep, i think wedding preps is really nothing

sneaky

hi Onee

basically, i'm quite alright with everyone at WN. the only setback is that..i dun see much gowns on display that i like. anyway, there's still quite a long way to my wedding so...just take my time to wait till new stocks arrive...the reason why i chose them was because my brother-in-law (husband's brother) used them 3 years ago. since they had no complaints, i save trouble loh...it's quite a chore searching high and low, negotiating with sales personnels, blah blah blah...right???

onee

Hi Sneaky

Hehe, thank you. Like you said, it's quite a chore searching high and low, negotiating, trying gowns and browsing, as long as it "shun yan" everyone happy happy ok liao loh. Afterall it all started with an objective to make it a happy day. So thought better not complicate the process as long as everything is in reasonably smooth pace lah.

Oso no point in arguing with FH since we decided to be wed, this is the beginning to a communicating and compromising marriage life. In fact, through the past 6mths since he proposed, we got on better as we uncover the differences and gradually to think for each other before jumping into conclusion.

soupie

binbin, check with u ah.. u've joined amore rite? it's the gym or the aerobics ah? remembered u mentioned 3 mths for $180.. wat's inside the package ah?
happy.gif

pebbles

soupie,
if still no change then the package should have aerobics classes and use of the gym..think it's unlimited for $180..
happy.gif

I

ino

Hi binbin/silver,

yummy includes the hokkien mee at the mkt, wanton mee. Now there's a coffee shop nearby that sells the famous buona vista XO sliced fish noodles...their prawn paste chicken is so nice!

binbin, if you are a ginza kid, u would have eaten the nice laksa/mee siam/chicken shop opened by "Mrs Gin"...located rite at the corner of B1 (where u pay for the carpark charges)

blurydoey

wha talking abt food makes more hungry..
I liked clementi central western chicken cutlet n fried prawn mee...yummy...next time shld gather n go eat...slurp west coast I only ate the western food n oyster..not bad...but its been a long time I went there liao
pebbles,
ya lor, my managers all go to customer place, can log in a few lines..u joining amore??
will try to log in more often ar...
a&w,
I know how it felt like wearing those hor, I also cannot tahan, I also got one girdle n wear half day I cannot breath or eat liao..
but my this girdle can breath lah, n somemore I wear it to eat buffet..cause they got one lace around the gastric area so that we wont feel the pressure from the girdle, the purpose of the girdel n corset is to push to the rite position not force n press against to make it just look trimmer..

doreamon

Hi silver,

I just updated again. Go check it out. I put in another new folder: Photography and Make-up service.
happy.gif

Hi Pebbles,

So he gave u 120 prints instead of the 60. I was thinking along that line too. I going down to meet Bernard next tuesday. Will keep u updated
happy.gif

sneaky

hi binbin & silver

i stay Clementi West St 1 leh...always go Ginza Plaza shop for nothing....there's a new nail saloon at level 2, you know? am very tempted to try liao...

as for the food at hawker centre, i eat until sian liao. nothing that i really fancy except the Hainanese Porridge stall operated by an old man and his daughter-in-law...the cuttlefish & pork porridge...superb!!!!

binbin

yes yes ino! i simply love going to mrs gin's place last time! hehehee....i like the place, so cosy and home-made.
happy.gif
so u go there too? i wanted to mention it but forgot the name, so it's Mrs Gin yar? i like to eat her laksa, and order chicken wings..... hehehehe.......so happy! found someone who also likes it..
happy.gif

soupie, the amore packages have two types. Basic and Power Package. Basic package only allows u to go aerobics classes. no gym, no speciality classes like yogasana and jazz etc, and no use of shower and steam bath. it's $120 onwards for once/week basic package.

For Power Package, allows u to go ALL classes, as well as use gym. considered only one session if u use the gym on the same day. u can also use steam bath and shower facilities. the prices for power start from $180 for 3 months (once/week), $290/3 months (twice/week) and $330/3 months (Unlimited). if u use lady's card, u get one month free for every 6 months of package, as well as $40 spa voucher. but if u get their inhouse promo, u get an amore gym bag with goodies inside (quite nice) plus free amore day spa facial or massage. i went for 6 months of $290 (twice/weeK) and 6 months of $180 (once/week), using UOB, got 2 months free. enough for me liaoz. i know it's more exp than california and planet, but i really like the atmosphere, very girly and nice. so signed up even though very tight with cash now.....
happy.gif
no sweating guys or gigantic crowd around, comfy group for all classes, pleasant fragrance once u enter the place...hehee... and i like their shower, quite spa-like.
happy.gif

actuali, the CF guy who served me called me up last week. when i told him i am not signing up, he actuali offered me 6 more months free, on top of the 1yr free for standard chartered card offer. but i think CF dun suit me, too busy a place.
happy.gif

binbin

hi sneaky, realli ah? got hainanese porridge that's nice? opp ginza? okie will go and try, coz i like all places that is sold my old people, usually the food is good and they are experienced...
happy.gif

yah, silver and gang has been discussing on the new nail spa for the past postings....
happy.gif
u din see ah?

sneaky

binbin,

yes, there's only 1 porridge stall at the hawker centre...

as to the nail spa...tell you....this thread is too active to catch...could have missed that part...pardon my ignorance....k?

pebbles

Doremon,
im not sure if Bernad will do the same, u just see his work first then dun tell him i got that from kelvin lah later get kelvin into trouble, but u just tell him 60 shots is too little

trixie

Hi dean,
I've just sent the file to you.

My hubby and I went to a feng shui shifu to pick a date cos the tongshu wasn't out yet. It's more to put the elders mind at ease.

Hi Evon...oh dear
sad.gif
I think most of my colleagues won't be as 'cat'...just hope those friends whom i'm not as close (but have to invite cos you can't invite one w/o the other) won't go to this extend! I thot ppl ard our age generally not as 'cat'
sad.gif

residentevil

Hi! Angie

Actually, it's not fast lah..dam rush man..coz mine's on Dec 2003 not 2004...didn't elaborate well. my mistake. anyway realy veri gd rates 4 MM.

Hi! Yvonne
Yup!! 660 is based on wkday basis.

Cheers

trixie

Hi tinklebell,
If you can, try to plan earlier so you can have more time to make a decision. I've settled my brial package, shortlisted some banquets. I'm more or less set on the main items liao
happy.gif

Pls leave your email add so I can fwd Hotel Inter-Cont's package to you. I don't have Four Seasons or Swissotel Stamford's and believe Yvonne has the latest Marriott package.

wendylee

<FONT COLOR="119911">FOREST</FONT>:
Heeeheee... me oso East kid but kinda tempted to try out the nail thingy over the West side...

jul

Boo hoo hoo! U gals so mean... Wait till I was away, then post so many msgs *sob*
happy.gif
Now I shall try to answer most of you. Do you know we have gone into archive????

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">silver</FONT>
I think my fiance also tot that all gowns look the same. But bcoz I dragged him to bridal show, then he saw so many gowns, so got 'educated" *hee*

I guess all gowns are very subjective. Just bcoz a gown looks gd on you, doesn't mean I'll look gd in it too right? So maybe the gown u tried at GHA wasn't suitable lor. But the gowns from GHA look very gd at the HWB show!

I think wedding dinners always start later on Sat, coz pple dun need to work the next day, so no stress to finish quickly n go home to rest. I think ours are all on Sun right?

jul

<FONT COLOR="119911">Yan</FONT>

Welcome
happy.gif
Welcome
happy.gif
Are you going to join our contact list too?

Why dun u call GI to check? Maybe they just forgot to call you. If you go to the GI show, then u can meet a few of us there
happy.gif

Well... haven't been to wedding dinner at Oriental, so cannot advise :p

I was also torn between 'designer' &amp; 'all in one' bridal shops. Then after looking at my budget, I think I also can't afford designer BS. I think I'll definitely increase the photos in the album, so must have leftover $ for that. I've budgeted max max max $2k for the additional photos.

jul

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">ever</FONT>

No need to envy lah. Some bfs dun even go to BS with their gfs ok! at least all our bf/hubby care enough to sit there n watch us parade
happy.gif

I think all gals want to have the WOW effect for their gowns. But so difficult right? I mean, almost all the dsigns are bustier these days. And all white. How to have difference???

Conngrats on ur bf's homecoming. Then u wun be lonesome anymore *hee*

Yeah yeah, email us the pics from the mag. Then can get more ideas into my empty head
sad.gif

jul

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Jan</FONT>

Yesterday I worked till 6.30, then gave up. Today going to meet some frens for dinner at City Hall, so will leave latest 6.30 too. Cannot keep working lah, no OT anyway. Somemore get so tired, the next day cannot wake up.

jul

<FONT COLOR="ff6000">Yvonne</FONT>

Sounds like u had fun at ur aerobics class
happy.gif
Think I shd start my exercise routine soon. But must wait till Aug I think *hee* Got to visit Thomson Wedding &amp; interior designers this mth, so no time *excuses excuses*

I'm going to GI show too. Have u called them to check yet? There wun be any tickets issued, so u better call them to make sure.

jul

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">Sagi</FONT>

Are you still ard? Today I finally know what it feels like to read postings from the archive. Quite an experience!
lol.gif

silver

Hi doreamon,
Ok will check. Thanks!

Hi pebbles,
Rcv ur email. See check later. Thanks!

Hi sneaky,
Ya ya we are talking abt the nail shop. I been there recently and the pricing is reaonsable!

Hi binbin &amp; ino,
Ino, are you referring to the fried hokkien mee in clementi mkt? Ya popular too!

Soupie,
FYI, planet fitness this mth promo is 12mths + 12mths free so comes up to $54 per mth. Unlimited usage for gym n the classes.

silver

Hi Jul,

Finally you appeared hehe

FYI, planet fitness this mth promo is 12mths + 12mths free so comes up to $54 per mth. Unlimited usage for gym n the classes. Citibank 24mths interest free installment whereas the rest of the cards are 12mths interest free installment.

jul

Hi silver,

Hehe! I'm still alive, surprise, surprise
happy.gif

So the PF promotion lasts till end-Jul? Good good, so I still have some time to make up my mind
happy.gif
Quite a gd deal, very tempted *hehe*

B

blue lake

hi amethyst...
i talked to kai twice... he is super chatty. can talk non-stop. he's talented, knows his work well...15 years in this industry. i heard that he's never wrong with his work. dun have to alter after measurement. always correct. unless the bride lose or gain weight. he gave me lots of confidence when i talked to him the first time. so despite of the high price, i still signed up with him... so very broke now...

wah.. ur FH got good taste... hmmm... u must be of "high quality" too. =P

jan

hahaha Jul,
Finally u appeared and u post so many times just to make up for it issit!!
lol.gif
But so nice of u to reply to everyone's messages!! U really have the patience!!
happy.gif

Gals! I have sent u all the updated contact list, pls check ur mails! Yvonne, i've sent it to u yahoo mail...

angie

Hi trixie,
Have received your mail. Thanx
happy.gif
I'm not quite sure how many tables i have, but believe i can hit 38...
happy.gif

Hi rsidentevil,
Oh yours Dec 2003, i thought 2004....feeling excited already? ;)
Hi tinklebell,
You know the name of the Malay guy?

soupie

pebbles/binbin, i'm actually trying to sell off my cal fitness pkg.. i still have 3 yrs left. a yr plus ago signed up for it promo of 2 yrs get 2 1/2 yrs free.. and if successful in selling will look around for another one.. if not have to stick to it lor hehee..

silver, those are actually gimmicks by fitness centres to make u stay with the fitness centre longer.. cos last time my counsellor in CF told me that average pple stay for a yr or so and after that they tend to drift away and stop coming... i'm already with CF and afraid that one day PF may end up the same as CF. so prefer something shorter term.
happy.gif

i'm trying to look for a shorter term one.. so if i dun wanna go then won't waste so much money also keke

binbin, do amore have any trials like CF.. they allow new guests to try out?

soupie

forest, yeah! east side kid! pebbles also east side kid.. hehehe we can eat all the way from bedok to katong hehehehe
biggrin.gif

meimei

Hi all.

wah, really had a hard time finishing those messages.
happy.gif

So sad,
sad.gif
I am still working at hours like that. So tired, so skive in to read some of the messages here. Almost lost contact, so many of them.

I had visited jawn, silverlining and Dang over the weekend with hubby. Their price are quite competitive and jawn promo with O studio is very impressive compared to other bridal.

Had tried on some of the gowns and this is some of my comments. Hope it can help some of you here.

Dang had some nice and simple gowns, Elegant. Cindy was quite friendly and helpful.

Silver Lining gowns are more sexy and looks like Divine. Jit is quite nice too but super busy. Package price is slightly cheaper compared to the rest. Got very nice train and a lot of nice bareback . Overall feeing more sexy

Jawn gowns are unique and "wow". Euzart and Susan are very friendly and helpful too. The gowns I tried range from the simplier to more elaborate. But overall effect was "wow" very beautiful. The trains are to die for as they are all so unique and different. Like their concept of making every bride different. Feel like a princess in their gown. Promo with O studio seems very impressive.

Hope my experiences could help. Will be visiting a few more bridal over the weekend .Will update you all again.
happy.gif

Got to leave. Bye

trixie

Hi Angie,
Even if the min. requirement is 38, think if you have abt 36 shd be okay liao. Just negotiate with them to have the other 2 tables as extra. Think shd be okay one.
happy.gif

angie

Hi trixie,
Hopefully....but MC's quite "hot", think they can afford to be inflexible...now waiting the price list for Dec to be out...

binbin

hi soupie, not sure about the amore trial, but my FH told me last time they have a promotion with some card/company for a week free trial, but it ended few months back. want me to help u ask?
happy.gif

how's ur progress selling the CF membership? hehee...me also dun wan long term. in fact, it's coz of photoshoot and wedding that's making me exercise. after that, i predict it'll be back to low-key exercise days...hehheh

sneaky, yes i know how it is. sometimes i mix up who said what, and i replied to the wrong person,....hehehhee......esp when i am new to the thread, lagi jia lat! hehee.....

soupie

binbin, just decided only.. contacted ex-counsellor who used to work there and she said she can ask around for me... so will see how.. if really cannot sell then i'll have to make use of it lor
happy.gif
actually really enjoyed the classes there especially bodycombat.. but it's so squeezy cos it's so popular!
crazy.gif

thanks but i think it's okie lah.. if i can really sell it away then can visit amore myself to find out more
happy.gif
thanks again
happy.gif

cyn

oh no.. i've missed out sooooo many posting... feeling so tired today.. worse, stil ve to OT til 8+...

wow, 2day topics on food... too bad west side is a total stranger to me...

pebbles, no worry.. wil pass u the demo next time.. so lucky of u to ve ur cousin done up the video... save alot man..

hey, not bad huh.. ur job gets to travel ard. where? my gd fren doing ID.. if u need the contact, do let me know.

woman, i wont be using gcw card. so not too sure abt t-dragon. sorry cant help.

A&amp;W, finally exams over... it's time to relax..

blurydoey, shirlene's not bad huh... so she actually done up the designer for u b4 she left.. the actual gown not done to ur satisfaction? alot of diff?

silver

HI soupie,

Oic. Did you try to post here see any gals interested in CF? If you looking for short term you can consider some neighbourhood sport complex?

cyn

poohbear
ooh.. i see... paiseh, i got all confused. i'm not very good with all these songs.. so ve to start early &amp; spend more time on it. somemore my fren helping me so wont wan to rush her like hell. she can do it when she has the time lor.. how's ur preparations so far?

silver

Hi Jul,
You go for the trial dan see how lor.

Hi Jan,
Thanks for updating for us!

Hi Meimei,
So ve you decided urs? Hey you make me want to visit the 3 too hehehe

doreamon

Hi Pebbles,

Will do. I know what to do. Don't worry.
happy.gif

Hi Silver,

Just to show u the chopstick pictures, go to the briefcase again to see.
happy.gif