(2004) Brides of year 2004

forest

binbin,
ya... me also found out some bridal only charges like 200 or 300 to keep the gown... seems veri reasonable to me.. like u, if i hve to pay additional 1k, then its definitely out!

welcome yann,
no worries.. think all of us started out blur blur one... for me, i hve not confirmed anything at all.. date, bridal, banquet all not confirmed, but i already attended 2 bridal events, and will attend another 2 this wkend... mostly to get a feel of what its like.. the price, the plc.. etc..
happy.gif

questy,
ya lor.. think the maintenance is a dilemma.. actually, my mum told me dun hve to lah.. cos' hers turn a little yellowish... BUT, i still feel like it leh... dunno whether my hubby will flip or not, cos' he ever mentioned tt he doesnt see the pt!
somehow, i think it means something to me, if i get to keep the gown...
embarrassed.gif

ivory,
think i quite different ah... back in my head, its like, it doesnt matter if i can ever wear it again.. jus having it means so much to me... think ah, i a little bit
crazy.gif
*heehee*

emailwendylee,
during the shows, i think it really depends on timing...
my recent visit to hyatt was quite lucky becos' the mgr remembered me (had emailed her prior to the event).. n she immed attended to me the moment i arrived.. during the show, i also discovered tt hyatt had deployed lotsa staff tt day.. n many were avail to attend to guests.. some even approached us (very pro-active!) when the mgr left us on our own to explore the plc...
happy.gif

pink,
wah... reno starting... hee hee.. this is one of the more gruelling parts of the process.. jus a note: u need to do regular inspections on ur own to ensure tt things r in order.. but def.. when its completed, its really a sense of satisfaction!!!
happy.gif

sagi,
welcome welcome!
me like u lah.. havent decide anything at all!! but i slightly 1 step forward, cos' 1 been to 2 bridal events (other than looking at mags
happy.gif
) n will b attending another 2...

abc,
welcome!
me planning on holding at a hotel... personally, i think its "jian ren jian zhi".. whether hotel or restaurant depends on wat u looking for... atmosphere?? food?? grandeur?? but ok lah.. nowadays, some hotels also offer good quality food.. like i've heard good reviews on MC, and have personally had good food at a wedding dinner held at four seasons!
happy.gif

pebbles

hi hi girls,
WARM WELCOME to the newbies....all the 04 brides to be ah..
happy.gif

ok back to serious stuff ah...im going to say something but those girls who are going for the 2nd may outing is going to kill me lor..ahah...since most of us will be going for the style bridal show this sun rite, we can meet up there and then we postpone our gathering to mid May lah...
happy.gif
how's that ah..
20716.gif
If u girls still want to go ahead with the gathering this 2nd of may then would have to appoint someone to take attendance liao cos me very busy with my rom prep now so can't make it for the 2nd of May gathering...

so please make a vote and let me know what u girls think ok..
happy.gif

binbin

hi pebbles, me not free to hang around after the bridal show coz have a dinner with friends...
sad.gif
so if the plan is to hang around i cannot make it.

Well, i am fine with sticking with 2 May or changing to mid May.
happy.gif

emailwendylee

Pebbles: Im okie with anything lor... mayb meet up slightly earlier b4 the show start? If have to stay after the show.... me duno can anot cos need to go stadium and run! Just a 'short' gathering rite? If majority cant make it then its alright lah... can always meet up some other day yah?

BinBin: HAHA, paisei... cos started your name 1st then forgot to type the others as BIG caps too....

Forest: Oh really? Eee, then after the show then have to grab one of the staff to bring us see their bridal suite. My BF is more interested in seeing their bridal suite...

So who's gg to this weekend show in this thread? Btw, for those who cant go... there's another wedding workshop at Marriott hotel leh... 2-5pm, got lucky draws... blablabla, Im invited but unable to make it. Mayb some of you wana go see see?

forest

pebbles,
me also not free to stay arnd after the show... need to go recee some stuff with hubby....

i'm ok with anything.. whether 2nd may or mid may is fine.. if the vote is 2nd may.. suggest tt we can consolidate the attendees, confirm on a plc... n i can nominate myself to make the reservations...
happy.gif

forest

emailwendylee,
hee hee.. me also interested in the bridal suite!!
happy.gif

huh?? U mean marriott having a wedding workshop on the same day.. n its based on invitation???

wendy26

Hi girls

I am one of the oldies who have not done postings for quite some time but would really like to share this love story with all of you...
Believe me you will be TOUCHED!!!

"YOU DON’T BRING ME FLOWERS ANYMORE…."

Three years in the courtship and now, two years into marriage, I would have to admit, I am getting tired of it, the reasons of me loving him before has now transform into the cause of all the restlessness. I am a sentimental woman and extremely sensitive and exquisite when it comes to relationship and feelings. I yearn for romantic moments, as though a little boy yearning for candy. And my husband, is just a contrast of me, his lack of sensitivity, and of all, inability of bringing romantic moments into our marriage has disheartened me about love.

One day, I finally decided to tell him my decision, that I want a divorce. “Why?” he asked, shocking. “I am tired, there aren’t reasons for everything in the world” I answered. He kept silent the whole night, seems to be in deep thoughts the whole night with cigarette lighted all the times. My feeling of disappointment is getting intense, a man who can’t even express his detainment, what else can I hope from him? And finally he asked: “What can I do to change your mind?” Somebody said it right, it’s hard to change a person’s personality, and I guess, I have started losing faith in him. Look deep into his eyes and I slowly answered: “Here is a question, if you can find the answer in my heart, I will change my mind. Let say, I love a flower at a mountain cliff, and we both sure that the making you to pick the flower will cause death, will you do it for me?” He said: “I will give you your answer tomorrow….” My heart just sank by listening to his respond.

The next morning, he was not around, and I saw a piece of paper with his scratching writing, underneath a glass of warm milk, It goes……. “Dear, I would not pick that flower for you, but please allow me to further explain the reasons…”

This first line has already broken my heart. I continue reading.

“You can only type with computer and always messed up the programs in the PC, and cries in front of screen, I have to save my fingers so that I can help to restore the programs. You always left the house key behind, I have to save my legs to rush home to open the door for you. You love traveling but always lose your way in a new city, I have to save my eyes to leads you the way. You always have the cramp whenever your “good friend” approach every month, I have to save my palm so that I can calm the cramp at your tummy. You like to stays indoor, and I worries that you will be infected by infantile autism, I have to save my mouth to tell you jokes and stories to cure your boredom. You always stared at the computers, and that do no good to your eyes, I have to save my eyes so that when we grow older, I can help to clip your nails, and help to remove those annoying white hair. I will hold your hand, stroll down the beach, enjoying the sunshine and the beautiful sands… tells you the colour of flowers, just like the glow on your young face… Thus, my dear, before I am sure there is someone who loves you more than I do… I would not pick the flowers, and die…”

My tears drops on the letters, and blurred the ink of his hand writing… and I resume my reading…..

“And now, dear… you have finished reading my answer. If you are satisfied with these answers, please open the door of our house, I am standing there, with your favorite bread and fresh milk…”

I rush to pull open the door, and saw his anxious face, with his hand holding tight on the milk and bread… Oh I am sure no one ever loved me as much, and now I have decided to leave the flower alone…

That’s life, or some said, love, when one is surrounded by love, the feeling of excitement fade away, and one tend to ignore the true love lies in between the peace and dullness. Love shows in any form, even a very little and corny form, it has never been a model, it could be the most incurious from… flowers, romantic moments is only the buckish formed on the surface of the relationship. Under all this, the pillar of true love stands … and that’s our life.

I hope everyone enjoy reading it… Love, but not words win the arguments….

binbin

hi wendy, thanks for sharing, it is indeed a touching story. actuali read it few days ago in another thread.... heard that its actuali from the 933FM love diary.....

sometimes we have to know that even though he don't love us the way we want him to, the love he has for us is still totally real...

anyway, this is the version i saw, in slightly different wordings...
My husband was an engineer. Since I met him, he was always an unflappable rock in my life. I knew he always had his feet firmly planted on the ground, and it seemed that no matter what else went crazy, he would be the one constant.

Three years of romance, and two years of marriage later, I got tired. He was the most unromantic man I know. He never bought me flowers, he never
surprised me, and nothing changed in our marriage.

After some time, I finally found the courage to tell him that I wanted to leave him. He just sat there, speechless. My heart froze... what kind
of man was I married to that didn't even know what to say to make me stay?

After a while, he spoke, "What can I do to change your mind?". "I will stay if you can give me a good answer to this question," I replied coldly.
"If I asked for a flower that grew on a cliff, and you knew that getting it for me means certain death, would you get it for me?". His face grew
troubled.

"Can I give you an answer tomorrow morning?" he asked. Hearing that kind of answer, my heart died. I knew that I could never be happy with a man who couldn't even give me a answer straight away.

The next morning, when I woke up, he was missing. In the living room, under a warm glass of milk, was a note. My eyes grew misty as I read it...

"Dear, I have my answer. I will never pick the flower for you if it meant certain death. But before you leave, I hope you can give me a chance to give you my reasons....

You will always sit in front of the computer and type about for the whole day, but everytime you will end up in tears cause your formating will
always go all over the place... I need my fingers, to do the formating for you, so your tears will become smiles.

You like to travel, but would always get lost... I need my eyes, so that I can bring you to the nicest places on earth.

Everytime you leave the house, you would always forget your keys... I need my legs, so that I can run home to open the door for you.

You never knew how to take care of yourself... I need my hands to help you get rid of the pesky white hair you hate so much when you grow old, to
trim your nails, to feed you.

So you see, that's why I can't pick the flower for you. Until I find someone who loves you more than I do, I will need my body to take care
of you.

If you accept my reasons, then open the door, where I will be waiting with your favourite muffin."

With tears streaming from my eyes, I opened the door, and there he stood, with a extremely worried look on his face. He still had nothing to say, but just stood there waving the packet he had in his hand in front of me. And then I knew for a fact that I will never find another man who will ever love me as much as he does.

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean that they don't love you with all they have...

cin

pebbles
ask for food tasting huh... maybe you all shd book thru my coordinator & quote me as the promoter, perhaps she'll give me FOC lor... i hope leh.. haha... hey, no time to stay after style show.. have an appointment with bridaul studio. 2 may or mid may is fine.. ya hor, ur ROM coming soon hor..

welcome yann, dun worry, we're all once sotong too.. so have you fix ur date? step by step, date > banquet > bridal...

wendylee, personally i feel tat it's not a good time to book during the show.. to many enquiries to for them to handle.. & they dun ve time to show you ard.. tat's why they extended the offer for a week..

wow questy, DIY your gown.. tat's unique.. give it a try.. one of my fren actually knitted her ROM dress.. very special..

ivory
wat's ur budget for banquet? actually hyatt not really ex lah... jus find them inflexible..

hi sagi, welcome welcome... i'm one of the early 2004 bride - early jan.. so fix any date?

welcome abc, hotel give better atmosphere. no doubt, a few restaurants do serve yummy food & nice ambience too but it's hotel price, eg imperium.. so wil prefer hotel.. tat's how i feel lah... so any planning?

forest & wendylee
actually GCW bridal suite not tat great lah... it's only an executive suite... unless when you have more tables, perhaps you can request for a bigger suite.

silver

Hi ladies,

I am new here. Hope to learn from you gals... I am planning my rom + dinner together Jul 2004. I actually prefer to have it outdoor (something diff) :p but alot of things to take into consideration.... My ideal is to have it at yacht club but there issnt many in spore. Any suggestion or ideas since you gals are more experience :)

Cheers!

pebbles

Hello it's Friday liao....
your_image.gif

Binbin/CYn/forest/wendylee
oh no no, dun get me wrong ah, me also got to run after the show but was thinking since most of us are going , we can like meet up during the show to say hi and yeak for a while during the reception lah then we will arrage for another gathering in mid may which means instead of 2nd May we will postpone our gathering till Mid may lor...ok with u girls...so sorry about that...
so hands up for those going for this sunday bridal show...????

wendylee/forest
me also interested in the bridal suite ah...??? i know some hotels dun normally bring u up to the bridal suite cos they dun have enough staff to bring u round...hope we will get to see GCW's bridal suite this sun...

Cyn,
yeah maybe i should change to your co-ordinater hor then see if i can quote your name since u did such a good job in promoting gcw..ahahha...oh sorry ah, i can't remember, when u sign up with GCW last year during their bridal show rite what did they offer u ah...??? mind sharing it with me again then i can see if they are offering good peaks for this year sinc with the SARS thingy they should be more anxious to bring in revenue rite...
oh yeah mine rom is coming up so very busy with my prep now...but Ivory's is before mine so she will be more excited now..
happy.gif

hi sliver...
welcome to the 04 thread, feel free to shoot any questions u want, we will all try our best to help u out..
happy.gif

emailwendylee

MORNING GALS!!!!! ITS TGIF!!!!!!!!!

Okie, one by one okie???
Forest/Pebbles: Yes yes, the last Sun bridal show they actually took us to see the bridal suite... damm BIG! Just like 3 room flat... LOL, got mini bar, kitchen, 2 toliet (1guest, 1 in the suite),2 living rooms and a 'bed-room'. WOW!

Sagi: Hilo! Yes, saw you somewhere in those threads... but not very active as here! LOL

Cin: Oh? Me have no intention of booking the banquet right after the show... but hope to grab someone to enquire more details of the pricing and promo. Really ah, but the last Sun one hor... as if I got booked for the banquet can entilted to use the suite wor... not confirmed yet. You leh? Booked yours?

Pauline: Hi, me able to attend to SUN's show bcos my BF working until late on Sats so no chance to see bridal show's on Sats...

BinBin: Mee too also got that email... same version of yours!

Forest: I think I have sent in my forms in those bridal mag lah... but later neva see the STYLE invitation one... so happen they call me again to reconfirmed seatings... me rejected lor, so paisei! Anyway... who interested me can call up and ask them lor. You wana go?

Gals: So wana meet up b4 the show somewhere a corner for 2004Brides? HAHA, a short one lor... if not then you gals later might not be free... so whose going??? *HANDS UP!*

emailwendylee

HI GALS!!!!

GOOD NEWS for those who wanted to go this Sun's show... and not able to get the tickets, someone named "Poox: I have good news for you. I have an invitation for two to sell as i'm unable to make it for the show this sun. Interested parties please drop me an email at [email protected]" willing to sell her tickets... pls quick hands quick legs email her wor!!!

*ps: MUST thank me ah!!!

ivory

finally its Fri… but I still gotta work tmr…. *sad*
sad.gif

hi hi hi newbies

welcome! feel free to shoot any questions cos we were once sotong like u.. kekekeke…
proud.gif

hi cin

budget for the banquet? dunno… my bf the one in charge of dat area.. I noe Hyatt abt $888 per table.. but we got 50 tables lah, so very expensive lor… most likely will choose Furama cos $700 per table still affordable, must have more cash to play around with rather have just nice for the banquet… u never noe those “jiu3 gui3” frens dat we have… *sweat*
happy.gif

hi silver,

the oni beautiful yacht club I can think of is Raffles Marina at Tuas, real beautiful
happy.gif

forest

hi gals...
so glad its fri!!!
biggrin.gif

pauline,
i dint attend blumesh fashion show..

cin,
oh really?? not tt great ah??? hmmm... will still wanna see leh... so, can compare compare mah... *hee*
biggrin.gif

welcome silver!
wow... ya lor.. outdoor is refreshing.. but need to pray hard to "lao tian ye"... like wat ivory suggested.. raffles marina is beautiful... they might hve yacht avail for booking for wedding dinners... i know tt punggol marina had it.. but too bad they r bankrupt now..

pebbles,
*hands high up* I'm going this sun!!
no prob wif switching the event to mid may!!
happy.gif

wendylee/pebbles,
have a feeling tt it's unlikely tt they wil bring us to the bridal suite this sun... since the show is sold out.. presume there's really gonna b a large crowd!! perhaps hve to visit them another time to chk it out?!? jus a thot.....
happy.gif

wendylee,
ah.. i dint know tt marriott is this sun too.. well, i dint register for it too.. but anywaz.. cant go lah.. me going to style weddings too.. rem???? *hee*
happy.gif

forest

ivory,
u r looking at hyatt's pkg on a wkend??? for 50 tables on fri & sun, price is 848 nett, sat is 868 nett, and wkdays is 688 nett.... jus for ur ref lor....
happy.gif

doreamon

Hi gals!

Wow! So many msg within last night. Read till i blur blur liao.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hi Pebbles,

I sure no problem with Mid may! But not after the style show as i need to rush back. My younger sis is sick so i need to rush back.

Btw, someone mentioned that during the show, usually the bridal studios will asked u to visit them in the studios rather than offering their packages after the show, am i right?

Anyone know whether is Le Galleria involved in this Style wedding show this sun?
happy.gif

Hi Sliver and Yann,

Welcome to the big families!
happy.gif

silver

Hi pebbles, ivory, forest, doreamon and everyone here...

Thanks for the warm welcome. Ya I been to raffles marina and I fall in love wif the place :p but its abit far and inconvenient so kinda of wondering should I or not. They are charging $528+++ per table or $58+++ per person for buffet. Is the price reasonable?

Actually another nice yacht club is Republic of Singapore Yacht Club which is located at West Coast Rd but their outdoor max 80pax only....

sagi

hi gals

wow....this thread really very active, just one day and so many msgs liao, think i need to pop by everyday...

pai seh ahh...so many of u, read until i blur blur... cant personalise my msg...give me some time.... kekeke....hope to chat with u all more ...

ooh..u all got outing ahh?? where and what abt? can i join? heee....so excited to listen to all ur opinions and advices....cos i really super blur sotong..

anyway, wedding date not confirmed yet, cos hehe still waiting for my bf's formal proposal... heeeee
if it's not next yr then wld be 2005 lor...
by then, i can have all ur invaluable inputs liao...

drop me an email, the organiser of the outing...
if u all dun mind me joining, or maybe after i get to know u all better in this thread... me no prob ;p
how big is the "family" ahh? curious....cos see so many nicks, think more than 10?
me dun know how to put all the smiley faces thingy..
sad.gif

my email [email protected]

binbin

hi doremon, yes le galleria should be involved in the show coz i saw their name under "participating boutiques" for the beautiful couple contest. learnt from helen (divine) that each bridal studio will parade 10 gowns....whew, lots to see man!
happy.gif

it's me who mentioned that BV asked us to visit them after the show.....i think it's unique to them only.....dun think that other bridal shows will prefer such arrangements. i mean, who doesn't want to confirm potential customers when they can???

okie, so the list of ppl who are going to style weddings :-

Pebbles
Binbin
Wendy Lee
Forest

anymore?????

Welcome to the newbies!!! Silver and Yann....
20763.gif
...hope u have fun here! me not sure abt outdoor weddings except for Rasa Sentose (solemnisation by the beach so nice) and Raffles marina... i think u can also rent a cruise ship, on which to hold ur wedding! saw it in a bridal mag some time ago....

binbin

hi hi sagi, hhahahhaha we are more than "10".... actuali more than 20, in this "family"...
happy.gif
..... think out outing most likely postponed to mid may liao....

silver

Thanks binbin. Hmm... never come across my mind abt renting a crusie but I guess not cheap ya. Meanwhile still stick to sourcing local outdoor 1st. If couldnt find one then look for alternative. Thanks for your suggestion :)

One of my concern is if I hold it outdoor or at club, would people think it's relatively cheap so dun ve to give much for ang bao? Cos recently I attended wedding at private club and my friends thought the wedding there dun cost much and gave $50/$60 ang bao. Later then we find out that per table cost almost $700.

binbin

actualit it's quite possible loh, ppl may think it's slightly cheaper than hotels....but for me, if outside i wun so bad give $50 lah....perhaps $70? also depends whether good friend....if so, def give more coz i will know how much she paid...
happy.gif
hehehheee....

silver

binbin... if only everyone like you
happy.gif
of course I am not looking at making profit but hopefully dun lost too much rite...

antares

hi Ivory,
ya lor. So scared to make full payment nowadays. Got pple say some shops' attitude will change once payment is completed..
sad.gif

so how's your prep for your ROM?..
happy.gif

maybe u drink too much water recently? That's why u find your pants tight?..
Sometimes I also like that wan, esp when I drink a lot of water..
dun worry, u will look good on your ROM..
happy.gif

wah!.. you got 50 tables for banquet ah?..so many ...

hi AngelBB,
ya lor. That's why I am only thinking if want to look for another bridal shop for photo shooting but I think most likely won't lah cos' no $$ lor..
think your suggestion is pretty good.. will give it another thoughts..
happy.gif

thank you..^_^

hi Yann and sagi and silver, (hope I din miss out any..:p )
welcome...
happy.gif

hi forest,
u intend to keep your wedding gown ah?..that means must pay more lor?
I dun think I will keep mine lah cos' I dun think my wardrobe will be big enough to keep a gown and plus I dun think I will be wearing the gown to attend any function...:p

hi Pebbles,
gathering day and venue change liao ah?.. Just keep us informed in the forum or email lor..
happy.gif

hi binbin,
ya ya.. I also read this touching story from the other thread.. I read until I cried...
blush.gif

can't help it, just find it too touching...

marie

Hehee Binbin

you like the mascot for the 2004 brides thread
hehehe

Silver
welcome! Actually the bulk of worry comes from relatives rather than friends...i have tot of venue like Alkaff Mansion for my wedding..but i am 100% confirm alot of my relatives have not heard of it and most likely would tot it to be some not so ex area and i am sure you would know the outcome of the ang bao liaoz...like you, not trying to make a profit out of getting married but am trying the best to minimize any losses.
We chose Conrad in the end..but one relative even asked my mom where is it and is the food cooked in suntec (aka Pearl River Restuarant) and bring over one? *faint*

Hi gals

anyone know how to reduce double chin ah?
My fats seems to be going to my face! Urgh!

Cheers!

pebbles

hello girls....
Important announcment ah...our 04 gathering will be postponed too mid may, will update u girls on the exact date n location when it's approaching and those girls who are going for this sunday style show are:

binbin
pebbles
blusher
CC
wendy26
bubbles
forest
cyn
wendylee
doremon

sliver,
i think raffles marine is a really nice place to have wedding but like what u mention, it's really inacessable ah...maybe u can opt for other options lor...what is your budget range???

sagi,
welcome to the 04 thread, of course u r welcome to join us, we have a mailing list, do drop me a mail with your details and i will add u on to the mailing list..
happy.gif
my email is [email protected]

emailwendylee

AFTERNOON everyone!

Woah... let me see... 3hrs not logged-in and so many postings! WOW!

Anyway... Im just worried that the crowd will be too BIG for anyone of us to be seated comfortably and enjoy the show, what do you think? Errr, also after the show got 'feast' right? Duno have to wait until ended up near the toliet during the Q for food... those attended last Sun's show will know... haha

Sagi: HIHI, how to make BF do up a formal proposal ah? He say say only... so sick as if married then married lor... me told him wor... no formal proposal then no marry but Im here into wedding/ROM prepration, discussion.... XIAO hor!

Forest/Silver/Marie: Hey, also signed up for the Alaka mansion wedding show in May leh... they sending invitation to me soon... just called me up ystd. Duno whats good catch over there... but no air-con ah... its a problem wor... my BF is a sweat-king! LOL Oh, they also have ppl to coordiate shuttling up and down the hill? Are you gals going?

Gals: Those havent get your tickets... did you managed to email to Poox?

silver

Hi antare,
Thanks for welcoming me...

Hi marie,
I agreed with you. Usually friends more zhi dong and know the market rate unlike relative 1 ang bao for whole family
sad.gif
So how much is ur wedding dinner?

Hi pebbles,
Err.. actually ve not really think abt it cos I just start looking around only. But if for clubs I guess its best not to exceed $65 per person? You gals ve any idea or suggestions?

I just check out Orchid Country Club. They ve it either Poolside or Tee Garden and they are charging $50+++ per pax. Must go down to take a look at the place.... Actually what are the things I should look out when selecting venue?

silver

Emailwendylee,
I guess all ladies like to be proposed rite but its really rare nowadays. I told my bf the same but like u b4 he really propose we have kinda of decided to ve it next Jul cos it falls on our anniversary date. Thought it will be more meanfully to us... hopefully the old ppl will not insist us of looking into 'dates'
uhoh.gif

emailwendylee

SILVER: Yes lor... he very sickening one leh... wanted already TELL him straight on the face liao... still say dun need lah... so long liao... still need meh? KOAZ kaoz... Anyway... me final say is b4 ROM he better buck up... or else... LOL

Forest/Pauline: Have seen you gals requested for the info of the thread where the victim's details of the bad photoservice? Read liao ma? Saw her pic liao... really very bad taken. At 1st me thought y she sent me something like this... but after reading the thread again then recall what has happen! Feel so sorry for her... its really a bad experience since its once-a-life-time-thingy.

antares

hi emailwendylee,
which thread are you talking about?
The photo really very badly ah?..think the couples must be very sad...
sad.gif

I

ino

Hi Silver,

Am curious about the S'pore yacht club. Do you have the contact no.? Thinking of having an outdoor solemnisation. Not sure whether they provide.

Thanks in advance!

emailwendylee

Antares: HIHI, I duno should I say anot.. but if you want then you can read them after I sent you email on the name of the thread? I think Forest and Pauline has recieved them or have requested from the victim.

binbin

hi hi wendylee, can tell us what's wrong with the photos?? really wanna know.....i think the owner wun mind or else she wun be sharing it with others.....i think she also wants ppl NOT to book with the photographer loh....

aiyoh, u hint hint more to your boy boy, hope he can get it loh...hehhehee..... but there's nothing wrong with joining this thread even though he hasn't proposed mah. we girls must help ourselves mah, or else wait for him to propose wait until neck long long and last minute hug buddha leg meh? hehhehehe......

hi Pauline, no i have not went to the show, sorrie din answer ur question earlier...
proud.gif

silver.....hmmm.....things to look out for in venue-choosing huh.... most important, you and your FH must feel that you LIKE the place/ballroom etc and that you wish to have ur wedding dinner there. also, must find whether they have hidden costs e.g. corkage charges, seat covers, projectors (quite common to charge). whether the capacity can hold your estimated no. of guests (must do a estime guest list), and whether the food review of the place is good....
happy.gif

Marie!!! u beri funnie leh, me mascot ah???? :p hehhehehhehee...... no lah i just enjoy helping loh, so cant help but post mesgs when ppl are asking something loh...... so perhaps my mesgs are quite prominent in the thread...hehhehee.....

Marie/silver, yah loh yah loh, one of my auntie actuali asked my mum (i booked Conrad) whether it's at suntec ballroom!!!! why are ppl so DENSE? DUH!....

ivory

hi forest

hahaha… I say liao, I not the one budgeting for banquet mah.. its my bf
happy.gif
n he always got the thinking that he must be able to afford the most expensive package n still quite loose in cash flow before he will really consider. Hyatt for him is just a guideline lah
happy.gif
like wat u say, they really inflexible in their arrangement
happy.gif

hi sagi

I oledi given up waiting for my bf’s proposal… our ROM is 11 days away.. dun think he’s cooking up any fanciful ideas now
happy.gif

hi silver

mayb u can hint hint to your frens n relatives when inviting them like.. “I tell u oh, food very good leh, $700+ per table, must come!”
proud.gif
quite obvious liao rite??

usually for me I roughly will give at least $80 for private clubs/hotel banquets for not so good frens
happy.gif
good fren definitely give much more
happy.gif

hi antares

hmm.. depends lah, those got good reputation one wun be so bad lor.. like my bf said, if our bridal shop everytime we go for fitting / PS n they request us to pay a few more hundreds, he will pay, but definitely pay until the last 500 bucks he wun pay until the whole wedding is over, some kind of hold over them.. by holding back $500 bucks they olready got some profit back
happy.gif

my ROM prep ah…. left the flowers n accessories lor. flowers my bf will go n c c look look. accessories I too lazy to do so I ask my fren to do :p

I dun drink water one… one cup of plain water can last me the whole day.. I usually drink other liquids like coffee.. dats y my fren always say im just like a camel/cactus..
proud.gif

ya… 50 tables.. fortunately my bf n I share the same school mates (from the same sec sh mah), else the number will be even more… I told him to try n eliminate some more ppl, cos 50 tables banquet sure lose money one.. hai..

hi marie

hahaha… wat u do to make ur fats go up ur face??

hi wendylee

me oso like u.. told my bf no proposal, no wife…. n we are oni 11 days away from ROM.. *faint*

forest

wendylee,
i think i hve an idea of which thread u r toking abt... but hor, i cant rem where the thread is residing.. also dint get reply.... can u send me??? wonder if there r updates in there or not??? tks!

pink

Hi pebbles!
Me me! I'm going on sunday too. Pebbles or binbin can stand up halfway, and scream "All 04 brides stand up and wave!"....sorry, it's friday, I'm going mad.
Hello to all newbies like me!

forest

hee... wendylee,
ya lor.. we post msg at the same time mah.. tt's y the comm lapse...
yup... remembered the thread liao.. i jus request her to send me the pics.. cos' she left me out.. really curious abt how bad it is..

binbin

hi Pink, wah, why me and pebbles ah??? hehehhehe coz we talk a lot so u feel we must have the loudest voices ah?hehhehehe.....

latest STLYish attendance:
binbin
pebbles
blusher
CC
wendy26
bubbles
forest
cyn
wendylee
doremon
Pink

I

ino

Hi Ivory,

my FH is the exact opposite of yours. He always "control" the budget. He will always say goodnaturedly: "You sure anot...spend so much on wedding. Wait no $$$ for reno and house ah..."
How? Wedding is once in a lifetime...most gals wld want a fairytale and memorable wedding rite?
happy.gif

My parents wld support him and say "Yeah, hold wedding at hotel sure lugi..."

Guys and parents just dun understand...haiz...

ivory

hi pink

hahaha... u r so classic!!
proud.gif

hi ino

my bf always say money is earned to be spent, not to keep. if u must spend, then spend, if not enuf, then earn some more
happy.gif

I

ino

hi ivory,

words of wisdom indeed. ok...shall use that on my FH. will update u on the outcome.
biggrin.gif

btw, if u gals can't get tix to Style, there's an upcoming bridal show by X-Zen at Alkaff Mansion.
It's on May 4th. Can register at the alkaff website. I've rec my invitation already.
biggrin.gif

Hi Pauline,
Had originally wanted to go but it was raining that day. You can read the comments under the Blu Mesh thread in this website.
happy.gif

N

ngpauline

hi gals,
would like to meet you all mid may.
i think should be able to make it.
But definitely not days fall on tues, thurs and fri cos i have lessons..
wah.. seems like only wed or mon i am available! :p

I change my nick to ngpauline. to avoid confusion