(2003) Brides of year 2003

val1977

Sandy,

we cooked spegatti, fried chicken wings, salad n cambell soup, all easy n simple dish lar

my hubby can cook so we try to cook on weekends

so envy u staying so near ur Godma hse so hv free meals everyday,hee...
happy.gif

sure, Piper feel free to join us!
got a date here, 30th of Jan, Friday, can u gals meet on that day?

chicory

Hi Sandy,

I think we are still "basking" in the wedding mood
happy.gif

I am hoping that our AD photos will also be ready before CNY so that i can show all the relatives at one go.. heehee.

You are so lucky that to have home-cooked food everyday
happy.gif

Hi Naturally,

How's your Korea Trip, how do you find Korea?

sandgirl72

Hi Piper
At least the heaviest task 'guest list' is settled and you've more than enuff guests to meet the min.. that is very good liao..
happy.gif

Of cos you're most welcome to join us for the fun-time la..
happy.gif

BTW, how's your GDL preps? need any 'advice' from your shi-jies? kekekee
proud.gif

sandgirl72

Hi Valerie & Chicory
happy.gif

Valerie, you're making me so hungry with the list of makan both of U had.. kekekee...
wink.gif

Maybe I m too used to my Mom's cooking styles, so I've to learn to adapt to his Godma's cooking nowadays..

piper

hello ladies,

need a simple poll here - Caterers.

Which caterer did you all have for ur actual day & how's the response? My bduget is max $12 per head for abt 35 pax. Need good recommendations. Thanks!

As for the meet up hor, 31 Jan - I'm going to collect my gown & in the evening, I'll be going to pamper my nails. then 29th, I gotta go & collect the GDL pastries with my hubby & buy the pig trotters & wat else not for GDL.

If time does not permit, maybe I'll join u gals when u have ur second gathering.

meowie

Shirlynn, i feel that since their kids are not visiting you, can dun give lor. My company here so big. If all married, count also sure have at least 50 families. Then i give till broke liao lor right? Well its up to you to decide lor. Maybe those very close ones that comes visit your house then give lah.

sandgirl72

Hi Piper

For my parent's side, I catered from PFS Catering (Prima)at $15.00 per head.. Food response was good and the serving portion was generous too.. We even got a complimentary 1-kg chocolate fudge cake from them.

They do have the $12.00 menu. You can look for the Sales Manager - Ping Ping. She is very helpful and accommodating. Her office Tel is 6287 1711 or HP 9754 8605.

For my in-law side, they cater from Chilli Padi cos they wanted nonya food. Response is average but my jie-meis prefer the laksa from Prima..

As for the gathering, we will look at the response of the rest and then we decide the meeting date, how about that? We all understand how busy one can get during GDL and AD.. no worries la..

oranges

Hi amore

I'm oso blur whether to give ang bao for the 1st yr. Some say hv to give some say dun hv to give,some even say give 2 (2 represent husband & wife). So hw ? R u giving? My friend told me 1st yr still can collect.

Dear all,
R u giving ang bao ??? pls advise.

Dear Meow
Last sunday i went to the temple to ask the "master" he told me aft 1 mth we can attend wedding dinner & baby 1st mth. But for the "bai shi" hv to be 3mths lor. Thks for yr advice.
Hw's yr CNY preparation ? I understand tat u hv to work shift, btw wat r u working as? Muz be v. tired to work shift? U muz take care ok. Ciao..

Hi shirlynn
U dun hv to give if u're not seeing them,if not yr wallet will burn big hole.

chicory

Hi all,

29th, 30th, 31st all no prob for me
happy.gif
. How about the rest?

Basically, we also only cook the simple dishes at home like valerie, sphagetti, fried chicken wings, salad, all kinds of canned food.. haa. My favourite is steamboat cuz' easy and nice. Have veg, meats, soup, etc all in one.

Piper, seems like you are getting all geared up. Can't help on the caterers cuz' my FIL is the one who ordered the buffet. Any other info you need?

starmiffmel

Helllooo..

Happy New Year!!
Take care gals...

are, have fun at krabi.
ava, how have u been? smiles...
meow, when yr house got lots more things, i shall go visit.....

pris

Hi Gals,
Based on my experience actually 1st year no need lor but I only give to my parents n my in-laws, my nephew and niece and both me n my hubby younger sister.
But last year I only ROM only, and lots of my relatives told me that I next year must start giving and this year(2003) no need to give.
But it all depends, if you ROM in 2003 then this year no need to give but if you ROM in 2002 mostly you need to give and plus under the custom as long you held your customary you need to give Ang Baos.
Hope this information is useful to all of you.
But this year me need to give cos me got baby so I won't recieve any but have to give out.
Me and hubby calculate liao need to give out 20 over ang baos and need to wrap over $200+ total but not include the Ang Baos to be given to parents. And only planning to wrap around $6 per Ang Bao.
And do you know that we need to buy 8 items to our parents as a luck to them...this is my parents say one lar so we just buy for them lor...those 8 items means any 8 CNY Goodies...don't know whether its true or not or just my parents want only..hee hee...!

besse

hi Are

thanks for your luck.. me passed exams oledy.. one last one to go on next week..

hmm.. AB.. ya, we need to give this year.. smore we cantonese, so must give one pair.. so each kid giving 2 ABs.. siong.. cos we have so many cousins and nephews etc.. haiz..

pris is right.. good to buy gifts home to mom.. can include those dried good like mushrooms and bak gua..

speaking of which, my mom wanna me go q for lim chee guan tomorrow.. *sigh*.. hubby sure say bo liao wan *sulk

shirlynn77

Hi Meow / Oranges,

Ya, I know what you mean, its just that more than half of my colleagues are married with kids, so its just like ang pow exchange, the rest of not married ( older than I am). The unmarried ones, I will give as a blessing but the kids... I will not be seeing them... but also worried that you know la.. too many aunties around... they might say anything... and behind my back...**headache**

Besse,

Finally your exams coming to an end liao.... good for you.. last paper liao.. work hard hor....

piper

hello sandy,

I called PFS yesterday...their menu looks good.

But to eat laksa on AD...very messy leh...then I can only see, cannot eat...so xian.
sad.gif

amore

ya.. my colleague is a cantonese... so she gave me 2 AB last yr.... hehee lucky neither me nor my hubby is cantonese...

guess I'll oni give my younger cousins, nieces, nephews and younger bros...and of course parents and PIL... but oso alot liao as I come from a BIG family.... dun think will give my colleague's kids... else really pocket big hole...

guess have to start buying bak gua now... think the price is going up slope everyday...

shirlynn, did ur colleague give u AB when r u not married?.. if last time then deen give u... then i dun think u need to give their kids leh...

pris... ROM oni oso give AB?

sandgirl72

Hi Piper
Did you get to speak to Ping Ping directly?

I cant resist the temptation on the laksa when my relatives & friends commented how yummy it was.. so I ate the laksa with my tea dress.. kekekee..
biggrin.gif
even our photographer also prefer the laksa from PFS.. kekekee..
biggrin.gif

yve

orh, btw... my colleague helped me to buy lin chee yuan bak gua last fri. He queued for half hour and the price is $40 per kg.

Think mei zhen xiang is good enough for me leh.

amore

hehe to me as long as is bak gua I dun care wat brand... i'll eat hehehee...

my elder bro went to buy lim chee yuan for us last week.. dunno did he q for it...

oranges

Hi Besse
I'm oso a cantonese, wa... 2 AB really v. siong. My hubby is planning to give $10 AB (1 AB only). Hmm... in tat case maybe i hv to spilt the amt into 2 AB. I passed by lim chee yuan & saw tat pp r oreadi q-in. Is it 2 early to buy nw? Can keep until CNY a not ?

Hi yve
Lucky u, bought yr bak gua oreadi. Btw, is yr office v. near to Chinatown ? Hw much is per kg of mei zhen xiang bak gua ?

yve

oranges,
uh, i am around tanjong pagar.. i just bought a bit to eat first.. i only got 600g. need to buy 3 more kilos nearer cny (one for home, one for mom and 1 for JB relatives). i dunno about mei zhen siang price, but i dun expect it to be $40 per kg. wat's more, they are all over the place, should be less queue..

pris

Amore,
Yap don't know lei, hubby ask me to give AB when I only ROM but only give to certain peoples not everyone, cousin all these never give but this year must give liao......

Yve,
NOw Mei Zhen Siang is currently $36 per kg for the slice pork but don't know why their brunch at Takashimaya selling at $38 per kg.

amore

passed by bendemeer mei zhen xiang yest... it's operating 24 hrs!... so i guess dun need to q liao... just drop by there anytime u like can alrady..

yve maybe they have muslim frens coming during cny...

chicory

Hi Sandy,

I am also looking for conversion lobang, are your video tapes mini dv? Do share with me too if you managed to find it
happy.gif

Hi Sunnyday,

wow, such a young-looking couple. You look so pretty and sweet whereas your hubby looks so boyish and cool. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your photos
happy.gif
. I like your platform bedroom, i have been wanting to do something like this too.

piper

hello,

I know of a lobang to convert tape to vcd.

But the forum forbid me to post the link here. I'll email the info to u gals.

leo29

Hello everyone.....

Happy New Year! Me back from honeymoon liao... bery tire... Will rest for another day tomorrow b4 going back to work. How is everyone...

chicory

Hi piper,

i went to the website of your hubby's friend. It says that they convert Hi-8 and VHS to VCD. I will check if they convert mini dv tapes cuz' most videocams uses mini dv tapes now...
happy.gif

postpet2

Hi sunnyday,

was kaypo and saw your photos...

Your husband and you look very very young...
you look v pretty too..

noticed something about your jewellery, did you get it from Sharon?

Wishing you a blissful marriage life with your hubby

sunnyday

hi postpet2, thnks..
happy.gif

yup, i got it from sharon. i have learnt jewellery making from her also. but have just stopped due to commitments.

pris

Yve,
Yap its true lor that maybe Taka rent is high so they charge more lor cos I went to Chinatown n its also $36.

besse

Leo Jie..

Welcome back!! how's honeymoon???
happy.gif
) *wink wink*

Yve, Shirlynn

Thanks will try my best for paper tomorrow!!

Are, i am currently on course at your office building leh.. wan catch lunch on Thurs??

besse

alamak..

go take a look at fullerton thread if you are free.. think same thing that happened to one of the nov bride is happening again.. hope all is well..

yve

oranges,
I am at tanjong pagar complex. do u know where anot?

btw, we have collected our new altis, (the third party in our marriage now).. so far so good.. and also bought a resale exec apt at pasir ris..

are

hi gals.. i'm bac from HM too!!!
happy.gif

had a really really gd trip, too short!!!
happy.gif
we really njoyed ourselves v much @ krabi, juz roaming ard & keeping ourselve occupied w surprises. oso did snorkelling & kayaking 4 the first time. scared the hell out of me, but @ the end of it, quite pleased i overcame my fear! :p pity i din get to do parasailing...

yve... hubby wld be thrilled if he has a green lancer!!! :p hehehe... no lah, my hubby drives a maroon opel combo.

besse... u @ SPC??? sure, can do lunch on thurs. i can go anytime, juz let me noe abt 1 hr advance.

leo29... we sama sama, bac to work 2day. where got mood to work, juz keep going ard toking to ppl oni!!! hehehe... everyone so surprised to see i become 'charcoal' liao. :p

yve

are, long time to get the keys. first appt with hdb in late feb. we have a very tight budget for reno, even though we are not planning to do much. Need to change the aircon, redo the toilet, get new lighting.. not touching the kitchen, it comes with the cabinets, stove, hood and oven (yeah, can bake stuff). Not touching the floor, living with the ceramic tiles in the living room and wood strips in the 4 bedrooms.

about the green lancer, i tot i saw your hubby driving one on PIE..

are

yve... wow, ur hse seems like a gd deal. well, no pt touching them since they are still fine. same mentality as me when we got our hse too. tho the bathroom doors & floors look old (2 yrs b4 WIP), i juz decided to live with it to save $$. ;P

its ok abt the timing wat, u r not in a hurry. but sure makes u happy looking forward to it eh? ;P

i oso bought an oven cos i tot want to bake, but till now haven't done any!!! hehehe... bt at least we had pizza b4... :p

yve

are, yes.. most excited about having a place of my own finally.. at 30 years old.. so can do whatever i want..