(2003) Brides of year 2003

besse

yo gals..

BBvon, no prob. can arrange to meet next time.. this group of za bor v on abt meeting up liaoz.. hehe...

shirlynn..

oops.. happy birthday! hope din come too late!! hehe.. you good wife, think for hubby, unlike me.. today i bo chup.. hubby gotta iron his own uniform.. keke..

Yve, good luck in house hunting.. don forget to come 2 me on the housing insurance! *wink*

yay.. it's another holiday week!!

pris

Hi gals,
Wow, seems like you all had a good time at Besse's place.
Me very poor thing.....on x'mas eve stay at home look after bb and never go out to celebrate so its abit bored.
But luckily on new year eve my dad is going to look after my son for me and that means party all night...haha hooray~!

pris

Hi gals,
Wow, seems like you all had a good time at Besse's place.
Me very poor thing.....on x'mas eve stay at home look after bb and never go out to celebrate so its abit bored.
But luckily on new year eve my dad is going to look after my son for me and that means party all night...haha hooray~!

"HAPPY 2004 EVERYONE!"

babyvon

Hi Besse,

Thks! U hv a great & Blessed New Yr! Cheers!
happy.gif

wenz

Hi Leo29
I also lost $ over the weekends... Sian...
Have been losing $ after wedding... Sometime play until no mood...

Well... enjoy your honeymoon....!!!

are

wah... very very quiet today eh? :p

wenz... dun fret, dun fret. feng shui lun liu zuan wat... it will come round to you soon!
happy.gif

eh... leo29 leaving soon hor? or already left? me also looking forward to my trip next wed!
happy.gif
hehehe... can't wait to go!

pris... dun be sad lah, i cant wait to be in your position!!!
happy.gif

meowie

dun say i disappear hor. Me shift in already. But of course still haven't shift my clothes there yet. House still very messy and empty. Found my vanity top for both kitchen and Master toilet scratched.
sad.gif
Will get the guys to polish it again. Ahhh...me haven't buy my washing machine yet. But i think i'll get a 7kg LG wm. Hopefully it can fit into the space. *pray*
happy.gif

are

meow... i would advise you to get as large a load as you can man, then dun have to wash multiple loads like me!!! :p

but it would be better if you can also choose shorter cycles, or small loads, else waste water if you wash a bit of clothes oni.

so how does it feel to finally stay in your new house?
happy.gif

meowie

Are, very windy. There was one night i swop position with my hubby. Then he open the window very big out of the 3. The wind was so strong that i kept blowing my hair and tickle my face. That was the worst night ever. After then, i always close the window. But its windy only during december due to the direction of wind.

Also have a lot of mosquitoe bits too. Wow!! The mosquitoes are well feed. Very big with long legs but very small body. Bored too without internet during holiday. As i say, most things havent shift in. Even clothes i also bring in and out. Soil clothes back home to wash and take fresh ones back. Me no bamboo too, all haven't buy. Today use broom as stick and put at balcony. Lucky didn't rain ah. See lah long time didn't come in, must talk more.
happy.gif

Are, not i really dun wan buy big. My hubby think 7kg is enough. He say 7 still can at least fit in. Those 8kg and above have problems. If i really wan get bigger ones, i really need to redo the motar base liao(tiles lifted up)

liching

Hi ladies,
Sorry for MIA for so long, i hope i'm not missing much. Hey, Meow got very interesting photos! How's everyone.

Had a pretty short pre-honeymoon rest @ Nusa Duo, Bali right after over wedding. There after my return from Bali, i went Hainan Island with my PILs & my hubby familly.

Honeymoon was fun! Plus all expenses paid by the groom so Shoping was great too! The Hotel owns its private beach...Hee! Din see any Nude Sun-bathing leh! Unfortunately! Hee!

As for Hainan, Had my 1st attempt with fire crackers 2 the vilage...Hmmm! One thing to decribe it ..."LOUD!" (Sua Ku, right? 1st thing i get to play with the crackers!).
2nd Half of the trip was pretty bad, some of us had really bad food poisoning....so Boring Lor...

So now back to reality....To work again...
Nope! I've no plans for the human production factory yet...
Maybe, after my sis wedding in France...we'd planned for our real long honeymoon....Made in Europe? Who knows?Maybe.

SO long!

min_minnie

Hi, All,

Me MIS for quite some time too after wedding. Have been real busi with housework as we shifted to our new house after wedding. Moreover, no computer set up yet until recently. So can't log into net. Just came back from short trip Bangkok this evening. Seemed I have been missing a lot of things.

Happy New Yeat Gals. All The Best for the coming 2004! Cheers!

are

meow... haha... seems like oni the 2 of u moved in, but w/o things! hehehe... its ok lah, slowly move lor. u will come to realise u cant live w/o a lot of things & start to move them. but sure got forget things 1. it took us quite a few trips to *live* comfortably! :p

7kg is enuff lah... tats wat i meant big!
happy.gif
mine oni 5.5, so miserable...
sad.gif
but then again, at least we r forced to do more laundry.
happy.gif

meowie

Min, finally you come back. So what you bought there? Should have asked you to help me buy some seashells and starfish for me.
happy.gif

You got your kitchen 'door' done? Me now looking for shower curtain and laundry bin. Dun like Ikea ones. Too rubbery. Eh last week Barang barang got sale again and i forgot to go. You didn't remind me lah.
sad.gif

Are, yeah move in things daily and return daily too. Enjoy staying at home. This few days keep going out. Yesterday went to buy more can drinks, change my two spoilt bulbs and bought tons of stuffs from Ikea. Not to say hangers too. Me dun wan buy those from market one. Wan nice nice wood wood one.

Jus now saw a video clip from my colleague's house. Look quite nice. But i dun like the cement scret(think spell like that). Pretty like resort but with open concept kitchen. My bunk(bedroom in camp) also using cement scret. I hate those floor. Like very dusty and dirty like that. Hope i didn't offend anyone.
lame.gif

are

meow... wah, u really aim to have all *wood* things in ur hse eh? hehe... u juz like me when my hse ready, buy things like nvr stop like tat, chalked up so many NTUC pts! :p

if u come my hse, u will see a lot of ikea things man, i like simple things mah...
happy.gif
& my hangers all frm mkt ones!!! hahaha... save cost mah... :p

cement screed actually v gd leh, easy to clean, & can paint ovr. now ppl use for the 'industrial' & no frills look mah. bt i oso dun like, too cold i think, & its not tat cheap i think!
happy.gif

u want seashells? i going krabi leh, if hv buy for u?

meowie

Are, i want starfish. Those big ones not small ones, you know. White ones? I wan deco my clock.Cos my clock no face, jus needles. Me one buy stones also. Like those little stones at life shop. But ex leh. Very unquie and nice, got crave words on it like love, Safety(ping and An). Sea shells, they got what kind? Me like cute and nice ones.
happy.gif

min_minnie

Meow,
Aiya. Didn't hear you mention mah and you just went so tot you dun need anything. I bot back a seashell lamp. Very nice. Long time never hear from you. Think you busy with the moving in. Me busi with housework and haven't really settled and get used yet although we have move in for a month oredi.

Happy New Year.

meowie

Min, so good ah, bought a lamp back. Where you want to place it? Bedroom?

Happy New Year Gals. Me still working.
sad.gif
today can't see fireworks liao. Not to say CNY's eve. Me working too.
sad.gif
No choice, today got colleague wed, can't attend his, so have to do duty.

sandgirl72

Dear ladies
Gooooooooood the morning, everyone!

How was your New Year? I m back to work 2day liao.. haven't been able to log on after my marriage cos my pc was still at my parent's place.. Just shifted my pc back to our house last nite..

Cheers

oranges

Hi meow
Read all yr threads, so u're tryin to get all yr stuffs b4 CNY? Btw, I'm oso workin on CNY eve
angry.gif
tink I will apply leave. sian man

Can u give me yr advise, is it adviseable to attend wedding dinner ? I got married on 29/11, my friend weddin on 27/2/04. less than 3mths??? wat do u tink? If i attend tink no gd for both parties,right ?

Hi Babyvoon
u went to Europe ? Me 2, i came back on 20/12/03. Hw abt u ?

sweetie

Hi gals!
Long time no hear! Sorry for being always MIA... really no time to come in...
I am currently setting up my study room. Went Ikea yesterday to buy book shelf and office chair... still got alot of things havent get. Well, guess that's the fun of it. I have been married for one month already; forgot about it till hubby mentioned Happy one month anniversary! hahaha...

Meowie, I agree must maintain the standard of being particular with things... I am still very strict with my colour scheme.... didnt want to mess things up. But only to those things that are obvious, I still use hangers from market lah...
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Dear naturally & valerie
When shall we all meet to share share our photos? I think our photos will be ready in mid Jan..

Dear Piper
How is your preps getting on? Another 1 month to your Big Day!

meowie

Oranges, yeah i heard of that too. One of my colleague marry on last sat. Me can't attend so i jus work night shift that night so others can go lor. Actually even baby shower also can't attend one. But if both you and hubby not pan dan and both parents dun say anything. And if its good friend, then go lor. If only so so friend can jus give excuse and say can't attend.

Ya, me try to get most things done soon before CNY. Very happy, my washing machine is here. Now can wash clothes, no need use hand liao.

Sweetie, haha. Me bought the hangers liao. Now need to get more clothes peg for my bamboo poles.

piper

hello sandy,

preps are getting on...just compiled my hubby's family's namelist yesterday....a real headache...luckily, we've managed to clear about 90% of the names with the help of his aunties.

But there still seems quite a fair bit of things to be done. Hoepfully, we can get it done by CNY.

are

meow... hmm, wat u mean by 'cute & nice'? actually, i've got some small shells leftover from my wedding, maybe next time if coming to my place i show u?

will keep a lookout 4 starfishes & stones when i'm in krabi. heard there isn't much to buy, juz r&r oni...

chicory

Hi Gals,

Happy New Year to all of you
happy.gif
. I am back to work today.

Everything has been very smooth and most of our guests enjoyed themselves at the dinner
happy.gif
happy.gif

Do count me in for the gathering... hopefully my photos will be ready soon.

Hi piper,

I think you have settled the big item, the smaller items are easier to handle
happy.gif
. Do you need rose petals for your dinner? I know where to get cheap rose petals, cheap and big packet.

piper

hi chicory....

thanks...but the hotel say cannot use petals for march in coz will stain the carpet. But i dunno if we'll be needing it for other decorations.

I'll ask you if we need it. Thanks!

ava

Hello!

Not sure where to start cos been away for a while!
happy.gif

anyways... HAPPY NEW YEAR!
happy.gif

glad to hear that the weddings went well and now all settled into married life
happy.gif

meowie

Are, no need stones. I bought them from the life storey liao. Cost me $42+ for eight stones. Will claim from hubby.
happy.gif
Cute ah....nice and unique lor.

Ava, you finally came back. How are you?

are

meow... okie, will look c look c...
happy.gif

besse... eh? u studying ah? wat u studying??? all the best for your exams today!!!
biggrin.gif

c0co

hi Besse, sorry to divert in this thread :p May i know if u are the one who had your house done up by Intradesign, Dave? If so, need your advice... please email me on [email protected]... much appreciated. Good luck for your exams.
happy.gif

besse

hi Are

Ya.. just 1 paper this week and 1 more next week for my next career.. keke.. thanks for luck.. need plenty!!

Coco,

sorry, my id was done by Whitespace Living, not intradesign..don think i can help

amore

morning ladies.... chinese new yr coming liao.. got something to check with u all... do we need to give ang bao huh?...some say need some say dun need... then some say must give two....

sandgirl72

Hi Piper
At least you have got the most headache part (guest list) done up liao, so now you can slow down a bit to complete the rest..

We bought the loose flower petals from the florist in Carrefour @ PS.. Didn't know that the Hotel can supply FOC to us.. only get to know it after our dinner from the sales manager.. in case you need it for other decor, maybe U can check it out with your sales manager if you can have it FOC.. kekekee..

Hi Chicory

How was your 1st day @work yesterday? Glad for you that everything went well for your wedding.. How's life after married?

Gals, when do U think is the best time to meet up?

naturally

Chicory, i also came back to work yesterday, now slowly getting used to the work pace, i think i've been relaxing for too long!
happy.gif

It feels very strange not to be involved in any wedding preps... do u gals feel kinda lost? Now i'm waiting for the photos and video to be ready, so i can recap those moments... that fairy-tale night seemed so long ago... sigh!

are

besse... no prob man. i needed loads of luck when i was studying too. jia you, u will be joining the 'finished w studying forever' club soon!!! :p

amore... my side's tradition is 1st year can still take but must give oso. so its breakeven. next yr will start bleeding!!!
happy.gif

but my colleagues oso tell me diff stories, some say no nid to give, but no one say muz give 2???

my oni prob is cousins... some say same 'level' no need to give, some say as long as younger muz give, so i a bit confuse. best is if i can avoid them all!!! hehehe...
happy.gif

ava

hi meow
happy.gif

i'm doing fine
happy.gif

just managed to get my comp up and running
happy.gif

saw you pics ;)
you looked gd
happy.gif

in fact all the novas looked great!
I'm still trying to upload some pics so will post them when ready
happy.gif

feb

Hi Besse

Leo went for her HM on 29/12/03 and hers is a 13 days trip..So you just do some Maths here lor...hee hee..

sandgirl72

Hi naturally
long time no see you around.. how are you?
wink.gif

i had the same feeling too.. maybe we were too involved in our wedding preps so now, we are kind of 'eng-eng' liao.. me too waiting for our AD photos.. my cousin-in-law took amateur videography for us.. haven't seen it yet..
wink.gif

i m still not used to married life yet.. keep complaining to my hubby that I still prefer single lifestyle.. sigh too!
sad.gif

chicory

Hi Sandy and Naturally,

Work is ok, but still couldn't get myself up to the real pace... i think like Naturally, i have also been relaxing for too long
biggrin.gif

Life is the same for me
happy.gif
. How about you gals, more housework i guess and the taste of "Er ren si jie"?

How about when everybody have gotten their AD photos? Somewhere in end Jan or early Feb? I guess CNY is jus round the corner and you all must be busy preparing for it?

val1977

gals, u all miss the wedding prep ah?

me only miss the bridal part, taking photoshoot, wearing all the nice gowns, my church rehearsal, marraige prep class n my fairytale wedding too
hate the printing wed cards n guestlist prep part, really a headache!

hee...now enjoying 'er ren shi jie', after married a mth, can adjust most of the lifestyle
now more freedom with my hubby, we so far cook twice and was a happy n tiring experience
hv u gals cook at ur hse?

amore

are.. if it's true 1st yr can collect, 2nd yr cannot haha then this yr must start production liao lor in order to earn back...

abt the giving 2 ang bao... dunno leh.. last yr I was in msia... a msian colleague gave me 2 ang bao... she's a cantonese... think my elder bro oso gave us 2 last yr cant rem liao leh... hmmm

sandgirl72

Hi Chicory
Well me too have been enjoying my 11 days of 'honeymoon' @ home so when I went back to work last Fri, i feel kind of sian.. kekekee..

I would say more housework and not much of "er ren si jie".. hahahaa..

Our AD photos not ready yet.. but I think it should be ready b4 CNY.. Your suggestion to meet end Jan or early Feb is OK with me.. wat about the rest of you?

Hi Val
So who did the cooking? So far, I only cooked few time of breakfast for my hubby (cos our regular meals like lunch & dinner are prepared by his Godma whom lived 2 floors below us)..

shirlynn77

Good Morning Gals,

Sorry, MIA for so lonng.

Talking about ang pow is real heart pain hor... I will not be seeing my colleagues kids, do you think I should still give to them.

Most of them will give as they are all with kids, so if one give to your kids, the other will give back.

My hubby tell me dun need to give as the kids are not there but will the colleagues talk?? If give, altogether must give twenty plus ang pows. How much do you think have to put, also there are some colleagues not married... don't know need to give how much too?

piper

Hello Sandy,

Ya lor...the guest list was the most headache item...coz that's the list that will determine if we can meet the hotel's min.

Managed to compile everything last night...heng ah....more than enuff people to meet the min.
happy.gif

Hey....u gals are meeting so soon? I also want to go...can?
biggrin.gif
I want to go & "tou shi" from you all on what to expect and any special things to take note for AD.