(2003) Brides of year 2003

oranges

Hi Feb, Congratulation & enjoy yrself.

Dear all
Do we need to do a march-in rehersal b4 the dinner start? My WG train very long so hv to walk like a snail.

Dear Meow, can u find the tel no for Indulge? sorry to trouble u.
embarrassed.gif

leo29

Oranges,

I'm not going to rehersal the march in. All this depend on you, you can do a rehersal if you want to. So you will be more confident when u march in.

sandgirl72

Good morning everyone...
happy.gif

I have MIA again for some time... are U getting more excited as Dec is coming much closer to us?
wink.gif

I'm having my best frenz to help me in doing the wrist corsages and flower baskets..
happy.gif
we are still on the search for suitable flowers.. any 'lobang' to recommend besides Spotlight cos we cant find any suitable ones from there...
wink.gif

My MIL wanted extra corsages to be wore by the immediate family during our dinner.. our BS charges us $4.50 per corsages and she finds it too ex liao.. now we've found 1 cheaper lobang, i.e. the florist stall at Carrfour in Plaza Singapura.. For 1 Orchid and some Forget-Me-Not, she charges $2.00 per corsages, if u need more than 10 pcs, it will be $1.80 per corsages.
wink.gif

piper

Hello,

anyone got any lobang for good make-up artist for my SIL & MIL's make up & hair?

Preferably, the make up artist can go to the hotel to do the make up for them. Budget around $60-80 per pax.

meowie

Oranges, very paiseh was busy and didn't came in. it cost $15 for mani if i'm not wrong. You can call 6732 3661 to check it out. I had Jane to do my mani.
happy.gif

SG, I use from the heart by another level. Like the music thou the first verse of lyrics not very suitable but i dun care, at least the chorus is nice and meaningful. I not sure need to reherse or not. May need to check it out with hubby, he sure say no need to reherse lah.

Min, my house done liao. Except the doors haven't change and some touch up only. You free can drop by.
happy.gif

To all getting married this week and that includes Justme, ava, Feb, bridetobe wishing all a very blissful marriage

min_minnie

Meow,

Finally done up. Free will drop by. But dun think you will be free cos your day is next week. I still have a lot of things not done yet. Yesterday collected my album. Not satisfied with the touching up, ask them to redo a few pieces. So return them the whole album. Still got to wait.

cutiechar

Hi Naturally

yah, have not found the topic thread yet!
so you oso calling them? pls call for me!!!!!! tksssss. I am so desperate..haha..inform me after you call can? I am looking at BMW, silver colour, year 99, 5 series one..shld be lidat.
muacks u first..keke

Hi Piper!

How abt ur own makeup artist tat day?

cheers!

chicory

Hi Piper,

How about Lina or David Lim Lee? I think Lina charges around your budget. Not sure about David Lim Lee's charges though read quite a number of good comments on him. David Lim Lee's contact no. is 98267887. I try to do a search on Lina's number but i can't find. Maybe you can try...
happy.gif

tiara

Hi Sandgirl, the wrist corsages you are referring to - are your jie meis wear them during the day or for night too?

Hi Pam - thanks for the tip, it'll be good that they deliver. Do you know if they charge extra for the delivery?

piper

hi cutiechar,

I'm scared she has to make up for my SIL & MIL & myself..maybe a bit too much for her. If i'm not mistaken, she also has another couple to attend to.

hi chicory,

Thanks. I'll go & check tat out. Hair & make-up inclusive rite?

feb

Hi Leo & Oranges

Thanks for our well wishes. Think i very stress now leh cos still busy with my table plan...sigh...lucky my dinner is on Monday and these few days also not enough sleep...

Well keep you all posted of my tommorrow event if time permit...Bye for now...

naturally

Cutiechar,
I dunno when's your wedding day leh... i just got 2 contacts from my BS, Alex Chong and David Tan, u called them yet? If not, just let me know your wedding date and i'll ask for u!
happy.gif

Heehee, u and your muacks...

naturally

Cutiechar,
I think i might as well give u the contacts:
Alex Chong: 91815094
David Tan: 90218218

I'm taking a silver mercedes from David Tan.

Piper, if u manage to find Lina's tel, can post here? I'm also looking for makeup artists for my mum and MIL. Thks!!
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Hi tiara
yup.. i m referring to those wrist corsages for my jie-meis during day & nite, cos my event is over 2 days.

Hi Piper
My make up artist Amy whom I used for ROM will charge $50 for make up only and $100 for make up & hairdo (which she will style according to your dress tat nite).

leo29

Feb,

Not only you not enough sleep, me too.... This week almost every day sleep at 1am, very tire... Busy buying things and sending invites lor...

piper

hi sandy,

thanks. I'm looking for someone who's willing to go down to the hotel to do the make up & hair.

Will still source around for good lobangs. If really no choice, then I'll ask my own make-up artist if she's ok with doing for 3 person for tat nite.

liching

Congrats to all whose AD just days ago....

Ava,Bride-to-be,Boomboom,Feb& Just me,
Have fun & Your wedding tomorrow!

Meow,Ikf, Twinklets,
Got one week to go!!

Clyne,Twinklets,Aloevera, Sunnyling,
Next to go!

& to all Next after,
Enjoy & have fun... We all really deserve a wonderful time after so much hardwork & preparation for so lone just for this day....
So take care! Though SCREAMING & PULL_HAIR rushing for some last minute things is possible...

Best thing that come next is the honeymoon! For me...we decided to wait till next year for a long one....Meanwhile we will settle for Bali for a few days bonus rest...Is Bali Hilton or Hyatt better?
Anyone been there? Can provide some feedback?
Do email me @ [email protected] if got any info...Thanks.

aries

hi all,

my wed is two weeks from now..but I have not done the photo presentation slide. My AD photographer isn't too willing to do it.

Any recommendations?? Please HELP me!!

Tks.

meowie

DK,
You preparation done?? Me also dunno what to do leh?

Some updates, instead of getting the Merc, I'll be getting the London cab instead. Well i'm using it for half day anyway.
happy.gif

Serene, you have 2 choices now. If you want, you can try calling my photographer Nick 9380 6946 and asked if he's willing to do it for you. Else you'll have to forgo having it.
sad.gif

love

Hi DK...

u can try Bali Hard Rock...very exp though..i was there for one week cost abt $1k per person...
Bali is a very nice place....been there twice...

enjoy urself...

min_minnie

Meow,
Yap.Told bridal shop they have to get it done before my wedding day. Hotel doesn't provide projector and have to rent for $350-$380 for just that few mins presentation, so we do without it. My HB will be doing a few montage to place it outside the ballroom will do.

meowie

Min, what if they can't produce it before your wedding? Did you ask them what if?? Jus to protect yourself and see can get any compensation from them. Must make sure they write it down say before your wedding. But good that your hubby has already scan the photos, so not too bad lor. Yeah, sometimes more charges are incurred when showing montage. Phew....i no need to pay for it.
happy.gif
Eh...when you wanna come see see?

feb

Hi gals

YaWn...A tiring day for me yesterday..
Here's my update of my customary yesterday :

- Sleep at 2am on 8/11/03
- Wake up at 3am on 8/11/03 (Lucky eyes still big big)
- Make up artist, photographer, videographer all come at 4am.
- Ah Yee started to cook "something" at 5am to sabo hubby
- Hubby and All Brothers arrive at 6am . Ah Yee make hubby sing, dance, make all the guys shake their bom bom, drink "something" which they have cooked using the milk bottle, eat oranges and place the orange skin in the mouth and make them looked like clown and lastly make hubby proposed to me...hahahha...finally hubby propose to me in front of so many people..so satisfy...hee hee...
- Leave my house at 7am. Trying to control my tears when leaving my mum's house cos my mum cried
sad.gif
so sad.....
- Went to Punggol park for photoshoot cos still too early to reach hubby place. By 8am we went to hubby place for tea ceremony but few relative there cos still too early.
- Went to Milenia Walk for photoshoot again cos the timing is again too early as only need to reach my new house at Jurong West by 11am. The phototaking there is fun cos Hilarion really make you pose like a model and he really have creative ideas. As he is using digital camera, we are able to see the picture that he has taken and it is great.
- Reach my new place by 11am and change into my kua.
- After which went to my mum place's and followed by my hubby's place..By then my eyes want to close already...Lucky all end by 5pm..

That is the end of the report and that moment is passing very fast..So to all brides whose wedding day is coming soon..please enjoy the most of your big day and make it a memorable one cos I believe you all will enjoy it....

Right now, I am looking forward to my wedding dinner tommorrow and hopefully all went well for me..So that is all, will pop in here again after that..Bye

serene75_serene

Hello ladies,
I am back from my HM in NZ too
happy.gif

Eat and sight seeing for 10days..think put on weight liao
happy.gif
hehee
Havent seen my fotos yet..cos the video not ready..hopefuly it will turn out nice to be like kk and Amerline
happy.gif

How's the rest doing?

meowie

Serene, if you are still around, i've checked with Nick. If you want only showing your baby photo to PS photos will cost $288. He say its still best to get either your videographer or photographer to do it.
happy.gif

Feb, Wow, yours ended 5pm? Aren't you tired? I'll be going out with my girlfriend the night before my wedding. Hopefully i won't have puffy eyes and dark rings.
happy.gif

aries

Dear Meow,

Thanks..ur really helpful...i think I shall just ask my Fh to do a simple powerpoint..however..I wonder if my hotel has the correct AV system to support powerpoint..

anyway...trying to tie up some loose ends now :-(

fishball

haha kk,
Serene juz said it's NZ lah. Hey, tell us how u like Melbourne when u come back, k? Any nice food there?

Hey Serene!
U 'ho mia' (good life) leh! Me can't wait 2 c yr nice pics too! How u enjoyed NZ? U went on tour isit? Any daring stunts u did? Like 'zorbing'?

feb

Hi Pausini

Ya..no time to upload the photo in my own photo album created. I only upload 4 photo in the web meant for our Nov 03 brides. Today going to the hotel to get ready for my wedding dinner. Dun worry..will share with you once I am back...

Hi Meow

Sure I am tired by the time all finished at around 5pm. How I wish that time got a bed for me to lie down. But thank god I dun have to continue with a wedding dinner on the same day.. Well we have our hen party earlier cos scare not mei mei the next day if I were to hold it on the eve...You enjoy your selfself...

kerenelu

Hi Fishball,

Heeee.. i know serene went to NZ, but amerline go to australia mah.. kekekee...

I heard melbourne is very very nice, so we are looking forward to our trip. We wanted to extend our stay but no return air ticket
sad.gif
We are on a group tour.

mavys_m2bagain

hi kk mei,
i'm yi jie from 2003 brides thread. change my nick liao coz chatting at diff thread already.
happy.gif

saw your AD fotos liao, they are nice.
think you must have enjoyed yourself very much.
wishing you a blissful marriage.

me also just attended a wedding dinner at qianxi last weekend.

me very lazy to upload my AD photos, now wedding over abt 10months liao. hahaha

kerenelu

Hi Yi Jie!!

Thanks Thanks!

I only remember my wedding day as a tiring day.. hahaha... if i could turn back the clock, i wouldn't want to go thru' it again.. kekekee...

These are only a portion of my wedding photos... i left out all the relatives photos and tea ceremony photos.. kekee.. no energy to scan more :p

are

hi all, i'm back too! hehe... aft a week of lobo-ing @ hm, finally dragged myself bac to work. :p

me din go anywhere since juz recovered from dengue, but it was certainly a blissful wk! hehe... me & hubby juz did hsewk when we want to, then go out & 'play' when we too sian!
happy.gif
it was a gd wk spent with family & close frens.

my AD went pretty ok, a few 'mishaps' here & there during the 2 dinners but we feel overall still not so bad lah. ;P like besse, we oso had a lot of stares cos our van was used as the wedding 'car'.

an advice to our dear novas... relax & enjoy yourselves on the AD! juz delegate b4 tat & hv faith & trust tat everyone will do their part. we had little worries as our frens did a fantastic job running the wedding & the dinners.
happy.gif

HAVE FUN!!!

meowie

Serene, you are welcome.
happy.gif
its still better to get those who know the format and resolution to do it. What you see from the monitor may not be what you get on the screen. For the AV system, you must check with them first, else when your hubby complete it also can't play. Then he may get mad too.
sad.gif

Thanks Feb.
happy.gif

are

oh ya... another comment abt wine, its really amazing. we had 30 tables 4 the 1st dinner & consumed nearly 40+ bots of wine, & they are only relatives! we had to go buy more for the 2nd dinner, & 100pax took 20 bots.

so another advice to all is if you are not prepared to top up wine, do let your coordinator know to slow down (i found out from attending other dinners). else, do ask them if they hv bots to spare, or hv ppl on stand by to run somewhere & buy. our instruction was wine cant stop & we had stand by 'brothers' to go cold storage to get, but lucky they juz wiped out all we prepared, & tat was supposed to be for both dinners!
happy.gif

are

meow... u asked abt the 'cheong' qn rite? sorrie, i read until blur liao.

in any case, for my side, those who 'cheong' juz hide in the rm when my hubby walks in. but for hubby side, everyone went to hide in the rooms (regardless cheong or not) until we step in and 'pai' ancestors. dun noe why, but heard from frens some families practice tis.

oni heard b4 tat pregnant cant be 'ah yee'.