(2003) Brides of year 2003

piper

aiyoh! all the stress of preparing the wedding come up in the form of nitemares!

hi tingting,
r u still looking for the chinese songs? How about "Chu Jia" by Zhang Qing Fang & Ukelele. A bit more upbeat.

tingting

hi piper,

yup, still on the lookout for chinese songs. Chu Jia's already on my options list.. thanks!
happy.gif
was actually quite attracted to the Bo Li Zun (starring Shu Qi and Jacky Chan) theme song by Kit Chan and Su Yong Kang, but not sure whether it's suitable...

are

lkf... quite true oso. mine was outdoor so i guess not so bad.

dun worry lah, seating arrangement sure got prob one, even on AD, juz keep calm & you will solve it faster. ;P

hmm... quiet quiet here... ;P

sandgirl72

Hi Piper
happy.gif

Glad to hear that everything is going on smoothly.. you & I are the same, i.e. learnt to let go.. hehehee...
happy.gif

oh yeah.. the ang pow list not an easy task too.. have to work out very carefully, not to overspend by too much.. hehehee..
wink.gif

now we're still in the midst of writing the invites and confirming on the guest's attendance.. btw, it is not an easy task to tie the gold thread to the card.. so far i have only tied about 150 cards on mon nite.. still have another 150 pcs to go..
crazy.gif

went with my gf to Concourse last nite to buy the flowers for doing the wrist corsages for my jie-meis... will be doing them perhaps end of this month when my gf is more free..
wink.gif

we've yet to order the cakes for GDL but more or less getting from Prima Deli unless got better recommendation..
wink.gif

songs selection is next on the "To Do" list.. any song recommended for 1st dish presentation?
wink.gif

chicory

Hi tingting,

I have an ex-colleague who used "Ai De Zhen Hao" for her 2nd March-in too. But she got two colleagues to sing "live" on stage. Of course, both colleagues have very good voice. I heard them sing the song at one of the karaoke session and they are really good. Probably, i should get both of them to duet a song for me too...
happy.gif

naturally

Hi Sandy,
Same here, i will DIY the tying of thread for invite cards too, thinking of buying nicer threads from spotlight/concourse, will get me sis to help, hope the job will be easier with 2 pairs of hands!
happy.gif

I shd be using the song "Quando Quando Quando", provided hubby doesn't get sick of the song by then, i kept playing that song recently...
lol.gif
Thot its so cute to have these words sang "tell me when will u be mine" during 1st dish, as if meaning "tell me when will the food be mine"...
lol.gif
I feel that 1st dish songs shd be very upbeat, to boost appetite mah!
happy.gif

piper

hi sandy,

thank goodness i printed my invite directly on the cards...if not, i'll be tying 300 cards like u too!

I've completed most of our guest list liao. Planning to mail them out next week. Tat will give our guests about 1 month's notice. Then I'll RSVP 2 weeks after we mail them out.

My husband's in charge of the songs coz he wants some nice jazzy pieces & I'm not really into tat. He'll be picking the 2 march in songs & for the rest of the songs, my sister-in-law is helping us to do it. She's the "commander-in-charge" for our wedding & helping us doing some slide show also.

sandgirl72

Hi naturally
we saw the gold thread at 1 shop in concourse is cheaper than T-Dragon by a dollar, ie. $4 and there are lots of other colors available..
wink.gif

ya lor.. it is a wise choice to have another pair of hands to help U in tying the thread..
wink.gif

hey, i like the way u describe the song for your 1st dish presentation.. it is sooooo appropriate...
biggrin.gif

sandgirl72

Hi Piper
my gf say exactly the same as you.. she say she will rather do direct printing onto the cards to save the trouble to tie the gold thread.. hehehee..
wink.gif

we oso plan to send them out latest by mid-next week and start to RSVP them 3 days after we mail out.. will do another RSVP 1 week b4 our AD.. so that we can confirm the exact # of tables with the hotel...
happy.gif

tiara

Hi Gals,

Yeah, me also in the midst of doing our invites -quite a headache leh, my dad says to pass to his guests mid Dec!! My wedding end Dec and RSVP by mid Dec is stated on my cards! He says if we give too early people will forget, it happened to his friend...SIGH! My FMIL can only get her list by end of this month. I think I still have time but just feeling uneasy now as I have been having bad dreams that things didn't go right on the actual day...!

Piper - me also printed directly on the cards so one less headache
happy.gif

Many of my friends are travelling in Dec and can't make it to our wedding, any of you having this problem too?

val1977

hi ladies,
I am a Dec bride too, on 7th Dec

coming here to disstress
happy.gif

now busy sending out vards n my RSVP date is 23 of Nov, is it too late?

tingting

Hi chicory & sandgirl,

yup, that's the song i'm looking at. But i'm v particular abt the lyrics. unfortunately chinese songs are mostly melancholy so it's hard to pick a good one. my fren used a duet by ma yu fen and wu si kai "guan yu ai qing"..too bad his wedding was so close to mine so i din want to use it again...

hi tiara, having trouble with guests leaving the country as well.. but my FFIL soaked up the excess tables..
lame.gif
let's hope his friends have a better turnout rate than ours..
happy.gif

valerie, my wedding's on 13 dec n my rsvp date is 25 nov..but i've already contacted my guest list for prior rsvp becos my cards are printed late. will be sending out my cards by this week. your date may be a bit tight, but you can call them up personally to check if they dun get back to you. SMS and email are convenient ways to do it!
happy.gif

val1977

oh, u gals mean my RSVP date too late?

but I actually ask my friends if they are coming, n most of them are, then i give out my cards

so do u think i hv to ask them again?

val1977

ya, I will cal, sms n email them after i send out all cards to friends

know the movie turn left,turn right, acted by Liang Yong Qi n Jin Chen Wu
happy.gif

Stepnanie Sun sang Yu Jian, u gals knw the melody?
I be using either the song or music only frm the soundtrack
happy.gif

chicory

Hi tingting,

I don't think it's out yet cuz' i haven't seen the vcd around too.

Hi Valerie,

I have the song "Yu Jian", my fren emailed to me. I can email it to anyone who is interested
happy.gif
. Not sure if it is considered piracy though
lame.gif

feb

Hi gals

I am back again. My wedding dinner on Monday went well and was indeed memorable. Again I find that the moment passed too fast...Sigh...Anyway all the brides to be out there..enjoy as much as you can..Wun be coming to this thread for the time being cos flying off for my HM tommorrow till end of the month..See ya gals..

To all brides getting married on 14/11/03

Have a blissful marriage.

naturally

I just realised i got no RSVP date on my invitation card.......
uhoh.gif
The lady at t-dragon never ask leh...

But we are calling and sms-ing the guests now, i think shd be okay even if i send the cards later, aiyo, u gals are making me gan jiong, my cards are still in midst of printing leh! Okie, must keep cool *breath in breath out* else i'll get nightmares again tonight!

Hello Val, not sure if we can help in dis-stressing...
lame.gif
But welcome to the thread anyway! Your date is very popular, must be real auspicious, we've got quite a lot of dec7 brides here, i think.

i just contacted my jiemeis for a gathering... one of them will be stationed in korea so cannot attend my wedding, feel a bit disappointed leh... but nvm, i'll send her the wedding photos then!

Yu Jian is a very nice song, it is abt waiting for love right? I remember something abt taking a ticket and queuing up for love... it sounds nicer and more poetic in chinese of cos... I like the movie too, but thot the ending was a bit, erm... too drama for my liking. Hee, shan't be a spoiler!

cutiechar

Hi all!

wow..seems like every one is so busy! I am still printing my cards and some of you haf oredi finish the cards?hmm...now I gan chiong liaozz..

Naturally, same like you, I haven confirm emcee, bridal car,name list and alot..wahaha..no time to do it.oei, btw your jiemeis all know each other one right? mine not all from same place, some my classmates, colleagues and outside friends.how to arrange them out?hehe

yeah, same here! got few frds cannot attend coz they going for holiday..aiyo..headache liaoz..

hey all!

I got the Yu Jian as well. if wan, I can help Chicory to email you gals!

cheers!

naturally

Cutiechar,
haha, we sama sama lah, so u dun gan jiong okie, cos u will also make me gan jiong!!
lol.gif
Make use of weekends to settle one thing at a time lor, we can make it!!

My jiemeis know each other, but some haven't met up for a while, that's why i thot it's better to arrange a gathering first, let everyone catch up... i'm asking them to come to my new house, so it's also a mini-housewarming!
happy.gif

Can u ask closer frens to be your jiemeis in the morning, and not-as-close ones to be dinner receptionists/ushers (as in they need not come in the morning as jiemeis)? Provided the latter group will be not offended... dat's one way of organising lor...

meowie

Thanks Feb for your wishes and enjoy your HM.
happy.gif

Oranges, you are welcome. My friend(colleague) was beside me and his family open this shoe business mah.
happy.gif

Are, not quiet lah. Was bz only.
happy.gif
Me will pop in again in the morning before i go mani tomorrow with LKF? Er...i forgot the timing.

LKF, are you here? Where are we meeting and what time is our appt again? 2 or 230pm??

val1977

Hi ladies,

thks for the welcome
happy.gif

hee...never expect Yu Jian so popular
but I actually prefer with vocal, still trying to look n download the soundtrack

Hi naturally,
ya, i know 7th of Dec is VERY popular!!
I actually give my parents a few sundays of the mth n they picked this date so we say ok lor....

okie abit of myself,
my banquet will be at Amara Hotel n I am a Jazreel Low's bride
will be having church ceremony at Amara Hotel poolside cum military wedding, but banquet still at ballroom

so really pray hard that it wont rain on 7th of Dec

tiara

Hi gals,

My parents are saying they want to pass the invites to relatives 5 Dec for my end Dec dinner - is that too late you think?

tingting

hi chicory, cutichar,

can send me the song?
happy.gif
think you just need to click on my nickname to get my address.

cutichar, my jie meis dun even know each other... but i thot they are bubbly people so shld be alright...but now that u've mentioned, it may be good for them to meet up beforehand...

hi tiara, i think the timing's quite ok.. my parents are also working on a 3-wk timeframe.

meowie

Are, why so quiet? Then if i go for my mani, won't you be alone?? See lah...everyone go for HM already.
sad.gif
Hopefully in dec everyone is back
happy.gif

piper

hi hi,

my "commanderess-in-charge" has organised a meet up session about 1 week before my wedding so that she can recognise the faces. She say on my actual day, she dun have to be "unglam", shouting instructions here & there...kekekeke..

I think it's a pretty good idea to have a meet up session so that everyone will be familiar with his/her roles.

My folks are only giving out the invites about 1.5 weeks before my big day, i.e. on my Guo da li. But they have informed the relatives already. The card will be the formal invitation.

are

meow... its ok lah, everyone's busi mah.
happy.gif
so how? feeling the excitement already??? ;P hehe... i oso feel for you all, even tho mine's over liao. can't wait to see the pics & video.
happy.gif

jbride

hi ladies,

our thread is getting bz lately as our wedding date is getting closer
35752.gif

welcome valerie, i'm a 7th dec bride too
35753.gif
i've just finished writing my invites & mailed them yesterday...i planned to r.s.v.p again ard 23th nov too...let's pray hard that it won't rain on our AD ya ;)

hm...i can only collect my wedding album on 1 dec
sad.gif
so sianz...

sandgirl72

Hi Valerie
Welcome on board.. 7th Dec is my GDL.. hehehee...

We will pray for good weather on 7th Dec for both jbride and yourself.. just relax and enjoy yourself on your BIG day!

sandgirl72

Hi naturally..
happy.gif

both of us the same with RSVP date on our invites and also printed by Tdragon.. kekekee... but i think should be ok lor, cos b4 hand we have already informed most of them by SMS & confirmed their attendance liao..

all my jie-meis knew each other thru karaokes sessions much b4 my wedding.. and those xiong-di are either the bf/hubby/old frenz of my jie-meis.. my gf advised me that it is better to organise a gathering to have everybody together and distribute their roles & responsibilities to them...
happy.gif

val1977

Hi jbride

where is ur dinner?
hee...maybe we will bump into each toher on our AD
happy.gif

yup gals, thks and we will pray hard to ask God hold on the rain!

piper

eh Sandy,

7th Dec also my guo da li....Definitely will pray for good weather so tat the cakes/pastries won't get wet!

naturally

Sandy,
We have the same printer, same date for wedding banquet (but i know your customary is a day before mine), same guo da li day, same cakeshop even (prima deli, but i haven't confirm).... hee, i know who to pace myself with liao!
lol.gif

Piper,
U're so lucky to have a commanderess!
happy.gif

oranges

Hi meow
U're not alone i'm still ard,my HM will be in Dec. Thks for the shoe contact, I'm goin dwn this sat wif my HB.
Btw, when's yr AD?

piper

hi naturally,

luckily my hubby got 3 sisters. 1 in charge of my father-in-law, 1 in charge of her own kids then the other in charge of our wedding...kekekeke

But we really need a commanderess around to make sure that everything's in order on our actual day. I dun think i want to freak out/be disturbed by the details during my big day. My only duty during tat day is to look "mei mei" can liao....hehehehe

tiara

Hi gals, thanks!

Can't imagine that my wedding is only 6 weeks away!

How many days of leave are you gals taking for your wedding + honeymoon? I've just been told I cannot go on too long a leave...
sad.gif

bride0712

Hi all,

I've not even collected my invites yet!!! My wedding is about 3 weeks away but there are alot of things that I've not settled yet!! STRESS!!

micky_m

Hi gals

Long time no come to this thread already.. now pretty busy..wao seems like Dec 7 is a good date as a lot of wedding and GDL.

My wedding also on 7 Dec. Hope that day is a good weather day.

So gals have u all choosen your march-in songs? any suggestions?

naturally

Hello Sunshine (bride0712),
heehee, another 7dec bride! Dun stress, u can always start calling/sms/email your guests first, i also haven't collected my invites, but i think it's okie so long as the guests are informed in advance.
happy.gif

val1977

ya, Sunshine dun be stress, otherwise pimple will come out

u gals go facials here?

me will be on leave from 2nd of Dec to 14th of Dec, cant go long trips as hubby job busy, will go for honeymoon next yr march

Micky,
my march in songs will be Yu Jian but hv not decide vocal or without vocal

wah 7th Dec really Hot! Hot! Hot!
hope the weather is hot, hot , hot too!!!
hee....!