(2003) Brides of year 2003

amore

hmm today kinda quiet huh... guess all busy with preps!!..

anyway 8 nov another day with lotsa brides/grooms!!... congrats!!... and sleep well these few days..!! stay pretty and handsome

yve... u got roast pig rite?.. wanna check... early in the morning ur hubby pick it up and bring along to ur place??

mtmtmt

Hi min, check Carrefourre and ask for wine assistance, they will recommend
happy.gif
Delivery to hotel and, (I think) some extra bottles can be returned to them.

Congrats to those married
happy.gif
Enjoy your HM or rest
happy.gif

starmiffmel

hello gals...
also an update..

morning was quite smooth. my sisters let my hubby off quite easily. just make him sing n answer afew questions...

dinner
hmmm except for 2 persons who got drunk.. there is also alot of problems on the seating arrangement. some dont want to sit with some..
and the attendance has a few last min no turn ups... otherwise that is abt it..

oh and the wine, boy, they really drink alot. altogether 74 bottles, 50 red 24 white.

mtmtmt

Sigh, now I don't know if I have too much wine or too little *worry worry*

Hi ornage, you're welcome, hmmn depends on your budget I think best to check with wine lady at Carrefour, not really consignment basis, just I heard that orders above a certain no. can return excess unconsumed bottles. Abit hazy I can't recall I ordered quite some time back I don't even recall how many bottles I ordered!

(abit stressed)

besse

hi gals

Me just checked out from hotel.. flying off tomorrow early am..

Wedding went fine.. Hubby was being saboed by my 10 jie meis to get the passport to wed me.. we had fun on the road with the attention from the other road users becos of the chilli red beetle.. *grin*

Tea ceremony v siong.. cos both sides plenty of relatives. we oni managed to check in hotel only at abt 330pm.. had to rush rush rush.. no time to rest cos got solemnisation at 630..

Dinner went perfectly smooth.. thanks to all the great pals and relatives who were so efficient and effective in executing their roles.. I just breezed thru everything..
happy.gif
.. din get saboed.. cos no time to get back to tables after taking picts with all of the 46 tables..

All in all, we consumed abt 46 bottles of wine and 3 barrels of beer and 1.5 bottles of hard liquor.. manage 2 break even
happy.gif

ANyway, gotta rush to pack my luggage.. you gals have fun for all your weddings.. it'll be over before you know it!! catch up when i get back!!!

baobei

hi all...sorry MIA for sometime....

hi, cutiechar..is okie lah...as long as ur hubby and u like..tat is the most impt thing....

wow...so good..ur hubby work in best sure have many discounts....then can save abit liao..

btw to all gals here...i have met my curtain man yesterday who was recommended by my fren..he is really friendly though he is quite chatty....but he is nice....i find him good, so no harm i recommend him to all who are interested in making curtains...

whoever interested can let me know...i can email your his contact no.

keep in touch.
happy.gif

starmiffmel

besse, yr side drink more beer...
my side drink more wine leh.. only 1 barrel of beer, 1/4 bottle of hard liquor and the 74 bottles of wine.

amore i have 32 tables...

akira

Hi Yve, Grace, Besse

thanks for sharing and updating us on your AD.
happy.gif
wow Grace 74 bottles of wine for 32 tables... think I gotta revise my wine forecast too... and get less bottles of hard liquor.. seems like from Besse's and your experience, nobody really drinks hard liquor nowadays..

sandgirl72

Hi Piper
Thanks for sharing your photos with us. Wow.. you look so pretty and sweet in all those gowns you wore..
happy.gif

BTW, have U been to that traditional pastry shop yet?
happy.gif

chicory

Hi Piper,

I like both your wedding gowns, you look so slim and tall in them
happy.gif
. I like your make-up too, you look very sweet and refreshing. I also like the last few of your close-up shots, you look so demure
happy.gif

naturally

Piper,
U look so lovely in the photos, have i mentioned that i think u look like lin chin xia? If i'm a guy i sure fall in love with u, heeheehee!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Yesterday i saw 3 PL gals on the MRT, their belts are worn looser than Bao Gong's! Aiyo, i was thinking to myself, our generation was so different, we would pull up the pinafore above belt, partly to cover the belt and also to shorten skirt, hee! Yet now they are doing the complete opposite! *gasp* Can't help feeling the generation gap....

Baobei,
Have u choosen your curtain fabrics yet? If not, i suggest u call your curtain guy to come up to your house in the afternoon (or if u get more morning sun than afternoon sun, then call him up in the morning), so that u can hold the fabric against the window to see if it filters out sufficient sunlight. And if u have roller or roman blinds, ask abt after-sales service, cos the mechanism may get stuck after a while... in my case, it is because i pull my roman blinds at wrong angle (must pull straight, instead of pulling outwards) and also i pull too hard... ended up the blinds got stuck on top, cannot come down!
lame.gif
Good thing is, the curtain co is able to send their guys over within a day, so relieved! Just some points for u to consider lah!
happy.gif

amore

akira... ya... i dun be surprise nowadays older generation oso drink wines instead of liquor and beer...

grace 74 bottles for 32 tables is alot leh...

piper

hi sandy,
I've ordered my pastries from a shop in chinatown. Near Red Star Restaurant. I did not go down to the one which u've mentioned. Tat shop was highly recommended by my SIL & her friends.

Hi naturally,
I'm staying quite near PL. So every morn, I'm still able to see my "xue meis" having their flag raising ceremony. Think once they are out of the school gate, the uniform dun look like uniform anymore.

I even saw some students not wearing the belt altogether! Then the pinafore look like maternity dress!

Hi ladies,
Thanks for all ur compliments. Do share share ur photos once u've gotten them ok?

leo29

Hello gals....,

This thread is getting more quiet lol. I think everybody is busy wif preparation now. Me oso no time to come in nowaday. Busy buying things and deliver invites to guests during office hrs, hahaha...... Very siong and stress. Every day buy and buy but until now still haven't buy my bedsheet. Been to Robinson and Metro but can't find a red color bedsheet. ANYONE CAN RECOMMEND? Very jia lat, next tue is my GDL.

I also very worry the wines. Really afraid not enough. I have 40 tables and my hubby ordered 60 bottles. Base on grace feedback, seem like not enough.

lkf

hi gals

juz dropping by to say hello...really busy with the preparation n this is the 1st time the week will nvr end :p

leo

u r not alone...me also start to worry abt my wine liao. dunno whether enuf or not cos i only order 24 bottles n i hv 28 tables...haiz

leo29

Min,

My hubby bought it from carrefour. I think less then $15 becos of promotion.

Lkf,

Just my opinion, I think your wine might not be enough, average is 1 bottle per table if low consumption. But if your guests don't like to drink then it's ok. Most of our friends drink red wine so have to standby abit more.

min_minnie

Leo29,
Chosen my deco of ballroom and wedding favors.Our discussion was only about an hour with the coordinator. Quite a quick one. Just that we ask for more perks but was not given. Did you have any tables FOC? We have 1 VIP table FOC. Tried to ask for another one but was not successful. Now the promotion is every 10 tables, 1 free. But that time when I signed up, dun have this promotion. But still he insist that he can't give it to us. We were rather disappointed but can't do much if he's not going to give us.
How about you? Settled your deco and favors with them ordei? They have quite cute and nice favors.Now worried about the wine and the songs. Dun know how many bottles to buy. What brand is your red wine?

starmiffmel

hello gals....

just an advice,
u can ask for a consignment from any wine shops.
means u take 4 crates then u pay wat u drink. if cannot finnish, they will take back..
better that way than not enuff drinks.
1 bottle of wine = approximately 6 glasses... so 1 table is abt 1 n half bottle.
better estimate abit more incase... since can return the wine anyway...

leo, yr 40 tables need at least 80 bottles. since u buy 60 oreadi...get another 3 crates = 36 bottles from a wine shop with consignment.
cos i oso bought 40 bottles from jason's. the rest all consignment.

leo29

Min,

Haven't, will be meeting my coordinator this sat. Ai yah, as long you sign the confirmation, they wun give you other perks one lah. They very unfair one lah, all this addition perks had to depend on our negotiating power. Have to bargain with them like hell then they give. If you don't know how to negotiate, no perks at all. Always want to ask you, how come they give you 6 dishes for food tasting only? You never negotiate with them last time?

Brand, I don't know lei but i know not famous one. We taste it during food tasting, ok lor. My hubby is outstation now, can't check you lei. They waive how many bottles of wine corkage for you? Me 40 bottles, subsequent bottle at $10-Siong....

Grace,

Hah..... 80 bottles... *faint*. I think no need, not all my guests drink red wines. I was thinking if wine finish at 7-8 course, still acceptable lah. Hahaha... me bo chap man..... Anyway, will inform my hubby on your advice and let him decide shld we get another 24 bottles under consigment. Tks for your advice!

How come you still around hah? When going for honeymoon.

Meow,

I remember yesterday you ask if Ah yee chiong with you how rite. She just have to be excuss during the sabotage of your hubby, the moment your hubby enter your house and the moment you enter your hubby house. This chiong is more to the moment the couple enter the house. You said you need her but I don't know what is her real task so I hope this can help.

mtmtmt

Wine shops tend to charge more than say, the cheapest wines on offer at Carrefour, Cold Storage etc. Carrefour just checked my receipt, within 15 days can return ;)

I'm also concerned not enough wine, can't recall how many I bought and can't be bothered liao... the most announce no more wine, go drink the free flow beer! :/

I bought my red bedsheets from ROBINSONS Centrepoint, ask the promoter to recommend, the young lady at that time knew exactly which sets on offer will go well for mix-and-match in case I get bored want the flat sheet to go with some other pillowcase.

I bought 2 or 3 sets in the end, 1 of which is really RED (the others were other colours I forget). For GDL, my HB's relative commented, wahhh, so red ah. But it's contemporary red design, so "usable" on normal days definitely. For AD will just lay my embroidered dragon-phoenix red silk cloth for the chinese-y touch! :D

sg_oc

Can anyone help to recommend songs for 1st and 2nd march-in and first dish presentation? And how to select good timing for AD morning?

min_minnie

Leo29,
Ya lor. Didn't really bargain. Gong gong lor. So gave 6 dishes, we took 6 dishes and only for 8 persons.Hubby told him we wnat to change some of the dishes, can we have food tasting for that dish, also cannot since we oredi had our food tasting. ut that was for 6 dish only. We oso have around 40 tables. If they give us the promotion package like the promotion every 10 table, 1 free, we will save a lot of $. We ask for only one free oso cannot. So sianz...........

meowie

Thanks Leo. For your bedsheets. What about Aussino? I remember seeing a red color design there. You go take a look k?
happy.gif
I need her to help my mum makeup and also help me redo my makeup or such.
happy.gif
Somemore she need to drive her younger sister to S'pore(both Malaysian).
happy.gif

Sweetie, i sent a rough one for you and i hope it helps.

Sg, Dish presentation i use Victory, old but still can't find any other songs i like.

sweetie

Leo,
I bought mine from Aussino. Its a pink set... very sweet....
you can try. I remember seeing one red set from Aussino with "fu" wordings....nice too.

lkf

meow

i will remember our appt with indulge. now starting to kan chiong liao a left with only 1 more week :p still hv not settle the songs...really stressful

leo

i think i will probably get either 1/2 or 1 more carton as i hv free flow of beer. my coordinator advised to start serving the wines when the dinner start so the wine can last longer. also my hubby's friends are not avid wine drinker so shld be ok.

naturally

Oh, i think u did mention before u live near PL, me too! I leave the house later though, so by the time i pass by PL, the gals would have all started their classes... but in less than 2 mths' time, i'll be shifting to punggol, means i won't be able to pass by PL everyday anymore... sigh!

leo29

MT, Meow and Sweetie,

Thanks for the bedsheet info.

MT,

I saw one red color bedsheet with flower printing(can't see very clear) at Robinson. But that is very expensive. With the quilt cover, cost me nearly $300. Not worth to spend so much.

Meow,

Actually I saw a display sample in red color with embriodary yellow heart and wording at Ausinno. Intended to buy that but in the end that is only a quilt cover. Me so sotong rite. The only bedsheet that can go with the quilt cover is in plain color. But I don't like plain color bedsheet,
sad.gif

Sweetie,

Which is the store that you saw the one with 'Fu' wording. I been to Parkway, Tampinese and PS Aussion but never see lei.

sunnyling

Leo

I got the bedsheet from Aussino is with 4 chinese wording and is very popular cos tat time I buy left a few set only maybe you could check with the promoter there. But the price could be quite ex if no sale. I buy the set when there is member Sale of 50% and is abt $170 after discount price. You borrow from your friend the member card if you wanna purchase tat set. I borrow from someone the member card too.

tiara

Hi Gals,

I've never really been active in this thread though my wedding is in Dec too. So seems like all of you are almost done with most of the things. For me, still waiting for list from my FMIL before I can write the invites.

What else is there to do, gals?

oranges

MTMT
Thks, i'll check with carrefour. My HB plannin to get ard 24 bottles. Walau...nw aday alot of ppl drink wine than liquor. I'm shock to see grace thread tat theor guests consume 74 bottles. Dear MT it is our "big day" we can't pls everybody,right? Btw, when's yr AD? Mine on 29/11

Hi lady
Any recommend for manicure & pedicure preferly ard city hall area? Btw, we shd do our nails 1 day b4 our AD,right? Thks.

naturally

tiara,
hello!
happy.gif

Have u spoken to your banquet coordinator yet? To finalise the decor details, the menu, and other specific instructions. I'm meeting mine next week.

How abt guo da li stuff?
And dresses for the moms, suits for the dads?
If your photographer and makeup artist are freelancers (not inhouse), gotta call them to confirm they are coming.
Photo album ready?
Got your bridal car and the "ah yee" cars? Informed all the ah yees and xiong di abt their roles yet? Like receptionist, emcee, angbao box "guard" (my bro's getting this all impt role!
biggrin.gif
), and delegate someone to decide on wine and beer (eg. whether to open new barrel or serve by glasses), someone to decide on last-minute changes to seating arrangements, so that the groom can relax and enjoy...
and oh yes, go back to your BS for your final fitting 1 week before ya big day!
happy.gif

Hmm.. wat else did i miss out? Oh, music! Choose your march-in songs!
happy.gif

leo29

Sunnyling,

Wow.... that is ex. Even with their membership card(20% discount???) I still have to pay $200+, i guess. Is that full set with quilt cover? What the bedsheet base color?

sunnyling

hi Leo

yap full set with quilt cover. They pack separately so you just take accordingly. They got 3 color for this design. For me I choose Creamy color for my bedsheet and red for my quilt cover so wun look so RED.

meowie

Leo, i think it cost less than $10 can get one liao.

LKF, K we'll contact ech other a day before our mani.

Oranges, we go Indulge for our mani. Its above Illusion jus opposite Robertson walk.

tiara

Hi naturally!

Wow so you have got all your things done?!

Going for my food tasting soon but haven't finalised the decor theme with coordinator yet.

Guo Da Li?! Oh, my FPIL will be popping by my parents' this week. Clothing for parents almost done, now left with my mom's. Think about it, my videographer supposed to contact me but never, hmmm I will call him.

I have no PS, so that's one less thing to worry. Music all chosen, geez so seem like I got almost all things done too
happy.gif

We have been doing things in phases, so not a stressful process - my fiance also very supportive, I select and get him to input and decide
happy.gif

Are you having roast piggy on your AD? If so, when to order that and is my fiance going to pick it up on the morning itself?

naturally

Hi tiara,
I'm skipping food tasting and no videographer, so i've a few less chores...
happy.gif
No lah, i still have a lot of things to settle, that is my list of to-dos... Sorry can't help on the piggy thing, but i'm sure the other gals here will have more info... There shd be one-stop shops catering for traditional wedding stuff, maybe in chinatown??

Oh, almost forgot abt the food catering... i still need to cater lunch on actual day for frens and relatives... Am feeling excited abt wedding preps again!
biggrin.gif

mtmtmt

Hi Leo, I don't remember paying that much for my Robinson's set but maybe now out-of-stock... hmm, since you tried Robinsons (I assume John Little you looked too), Aussino (agreed now no sale not worth it)... and you don't like plain-coloured types... I think about last few options would be IKEA???

Hi Oranges, mine 17th Nov. Just 2 days earlier than yours. Today ill somemore- fever... these few days raining, all brides take note don't run in the rain... very stupid of me, now cannot oversee renos, cannot arrange my (own) photo album.
sad.gif

chicory

Hi gals,

I jus bought some materials from Spotlight for the Jie-meis' wrist corsages, and now i need some advices. Do i twist the flower's wire round and round the ribbon tightly? Or i poke the wire thru the centre of the ribbon first then twist the wire? Will the end of the wire poke their hands
lame.gif
?

piper

hi chircory,

wat i did was I looped the wire so that it's hidden underneath the flowers. Then i thread a ribbon thru it.

oranges

Hi MT, tink u saw the date wrongly it shd be 29/11 not 19/11. Wah... yr day is drawing near, muz take care ok. Me 2 i'm sick last wk & recently lost 2kg. The rest of the stuff get yr hubby 2 do it for u. Drink more water.

Hi meow, hw much did u pay for the manicure ? Do u hv the tel no can give me the no ?

cutiechar

Hi Chicory!

yah, I just go round and round the ribbon then twist the wire until the wire is hidden beneath the flower.If you poke thru the ribbon, the wire or flower might not be able to hold and the flower will move ard. Try to bend the wire and test to put on hand.

Hi baobei!

yeah! hopefully things turn out good..keke

Hey gal!

check with you all, I dun haf bridal car in my package. anyone has lobang for renting BMW? I called a few renting co. and they could not confirm the colour until the veri day itself! oh my god! help...and I oso cannot find emcee until now and Daniel (free emcee) is not available..
wow seems like I got lotsa things not done yet!

:p

naturally

Cutiechar,
i remember there were some recommendations on this forum, have u done a search? Maybe can try these co. if u haven't already done so. Hey, since i'm going to call up to confirm my bridal car, u want me to help ask for u? Wat model BMW and wat colour u prefer? And when's your actual day har?

U have any frens who are more vocal? Ask them to help lor... if not, maybe Daniel can recommend professional emcees to u? But dunno wat are the charges...