(2003) Brides of year 2003

priviledged

Hi everyone,
Thank you, thank you all for the congratulations. We are being very cautious at the moment because it is still very early, but of course having a baby is something to celebrate.

Sweets, yes, I will most probably be using a Certified Nurse Midwife for my pregnancy management rather than an obstetrician. But the CNM is working in a partnership with two obstetricians, so if there are any complications, the two OBs are immediately called in. Using a midwife is better because the midwife will be with the mother throughout the labour whereas the Ob tends to only come in right at the end. There is more personal service and she will not interfere with the birth process with drugs etc that doctors tend to do. Only if there is a problem then the doctor will be called in. (All going well), we will still have our baby in the hospital because the CNM works out of the hospital. So all in all, it is a very good deal. Everything is covered by my (very expensive) health insurance. It may be our only chance to experience a midwife, so we've made an appointment.

sweets

Priviledged, do let me know how the experience goes as similiarly, I'm not very keen on medication and interference in any aspect as well...not sure how things will work out when our turn does come...ditto on the health insurance...I know its atroucious but its good that they do cover it
happy.gif

Shanice...must continue to take care
happy.gif

serene75_serene

Hi gals,
I am back from my wedding..had a splendid night that day
happy.gif
Felt like a princess
happy.gif

Going for my HM on wed
happy.gif
)
Lugi abit..around 2K (that's about the 4 tables I gave my mum)

Cubie: Eurolink contact is 62557271.
Address: 85A Toa Payoh, #01-324, sg 311085

sen

hi ladies !!!
so glad to hear tt we have MTBs here !! CONGRATULATIONS !!
moreover, some of ur EDD also June .. wouldn't it be great if ur bb is born on ur 1st yr anniversary??

hehe ... me got no such news yet ... we'll see how nx yr .. *GRIN*

besse

hi gals

v sad when i woke up this am.. just realised it's the last weekend that i am single, last weekend spending time in my own room, my own bed that i've had for so many years.. last weekend as my mummy's gal.. next weekend onwards, will be stepping into the unknown.. into another phase of life... so scary.. i've really mixed mixed feelings.. looking forward, yet so sad leaving behind the life that i've had for the past 20 over years.....

:~~*

ava

*BIG HUG*
*pat* *pat*

i know what you mean besse
happy.gif

you're not alone
happy.gif

my eyes just swell up with tears everytime i think abt the ceremony!!

my mom & dad have also been showing signs that they will miss me... it'll be totally diff... esp going to a quiet home after work... when my mom and bros are always at home and it's always full of life...

sometimes ...esp now that it's so close i just wish time will freeze ;p just for a while
happy.gif

but all i do is take a deep long breathe and smile
happy.gif
it's life
happy.gif

Hey Novas!
Thanks for the company and encouragements and sharing of ideas
happy.gif
I'm really gald to be sharing this experiance with all of you!

shirlynn77

Hi Gals,

Don't worry, just make it a point to go back to your parents' place during the weekends or public holidays.

I and my hubby went back to his mum's place on weekdays for dinner and my dad's place in the weekends.

And guess what, the next moment you will be thinking where has all your time gone to... where is the time that you and your hubby has when you are at the part tall stage.

Now I am missing all the free time when I can go out without worrying have to go back to pack the place.

Weekends is basically the only free time for me to tidy the place... *sigh*.. How come it could be so untidy with only the two of us around
wink.gif

So gals, don't worry, its just part of life, my family and myself felt so sad the moment that I am leaving the place with my hubby on the wedding day that all us cried. My hubby got a shock and say he is only renting me for a day and will be returing after the dinner.
lol.gif
So don't think too much. Just take care and be a beautiful bride so that you will feel short changed later

yve

besse, i am in terrible mood too.. just cried and cried in front of hubby the other day..

hey, i am on course this week at tiong bahru plaza.. r u in the office? can meet for lunch..

cutiechar

Hi Baobei and Chicory!

according to my inovice, the cards was charged at
1st 100 pics @ $130 and reprinting @ 0.50 cent each. I print 250 cards which means the balance 150 pieces is 0.50 x 150=$75. 1 cartoon $10. I got a cartoon on my card. so total I pay abt $215.00. If i wanted inserts, I need to pay extra.

btw baobei, I got my renovation contract with my friend, have sign up with him! hopefully its good!..anyway realli tks for the recommending Darren!

cheers!

are

sigh... i feel the same as u gals too. was telling hubby tat today is the last time i'm coming to work frm my mum's pl, & last sat was the last time i had to 'tip-toe' hm aft a late nite out. ;)

besse... will be looking out for your red 'beetle' on sun!

gals... do honk if you see a maroon van decked out with decor on the roads on sat & sun!

are

meow... ur bears so cute! & their 'clothes' v nice leh... ur are so gd @ crafts!
happy.gif

hi shirlynn! no time no 'see'. so how's the baby? when r u due har? sorrie, forgot liao. ;P got name yet?

leo29

Hey hey, don't like that lei.... you all make me feel like crying.... Me too also can't bear to leave my parents and my noisy sweet home.... I guess i will cry the moment I left my house. Now I keep on telling myself not to cry becos it will spoilt my make up and I won't look mei mei lol.... The most convincing way not to make me cry is to tell myself, I still can go to my mum's place for dinner everyday if i want to.
happy.gif

leo29

Are,

Did you mixed up Shirlynn and Priscilla? Pris is the one pregnant and her baby is due this mth, if i never remember wrongly....

Gals,

Can I ask you all a few questions,
-The ring that our mum buy for our hubby is suppose to be wore on which finger? The jewellery man told us is on right hand middle finger??? Puzzle!
-Is your mum going to give you jewellery/Ang bao during tea ceremony?
-Are you going to hang up all your clothes or just leave it inside the cupboard when GDL?

are

leo29... oh ya i did!!!

shirlynn.. so sorrie! i mixed u up with pris liao. now i rem, u wer supposed to go avillion like me. but like u, i oso cancelled my trip liao... 2 bad...

leo29... ans to ur qns :
- the ring : my mum's instruction is any finger, but we bought according to ring finger, & regretted cos shd hv bought for right hand so can wear both rings separately
- the 'nylon string' necklace tat my mum bought is for tea ceremony. she gave the the bracelet & earrings already, which i'm supposed to wear back
after tea ceremony frm hubby's pl. but mine a bit diff cos i will do my side's tea ceremony 1st.
- i've already hung up all my clothes & pack things to where they shd be after my GDL. as i cannot bring my old clothes, my mum wanted me to hang everything up so ppl can 'inspect' my wardrobe.

are

hi all... so sorrie, juz realised i still hv the contact of my photographer. cant rem who was asking, but anyway, his name is david, number at 97982606.

his charges is $480 for 8 rolls, and $550 for video.

contact for consignment wine is : [email protected]

yve

leo,
mom din buy any ring for hubby, but got a pendant long time ago for future son-in-law.. with quite a thick goldchain..
she got a new 2 tone necklace and bracelet for me.. both will be given to us during tea ceremony..
i am planning to wear my diamond set with WG, then change to the gold stuff that were given to me with the red kua.. some aunts gave me gold stuff ahead as they are not coming for tea ceremony.. gng to look like christmas tree uh..

packed my luggage already.. excited to go..

in laws has decorated the whole house like chinese new year..every wall has a xi sticker.. pengs..

chicory

Hi Cutiechar,

Maybe the price with inserts ($100 for 200 inserts) T-dragon quoted me is the cheap type of papers, the lady told me can choose either pink or cream... whereas the ones you are quoted are the nicer and more exp papers... and probably got to do with the types of print also.

Very confusing to me...
happy.gif
I am going to the printer later.

This morning been very busy...
happy.gif

Hi teatree,

Did not hear from you for a few days already, did you reply my last email? Cuz' you said you were going to reply but i haven't receive any email from you...
happy.gif

mtmtmt

Hi gals, am back from Tokyo...

Leo, I think not rigid on which finger the mum's ring for HB, as long as not wedding finger. I can't recall which finger my HB preferred either.

My GDL over, invits all out, not yet RSVP, not yet finished reno.

HB bought me Mikimoto pearl necklace (not full strand, just 5 pearls cos lighter feel), going to wear that with 1 of my gowns! :D

besse

gals

mom scolded me big time when i told her last nite that i dowanna get married and wanna live with her forever.. *grin sheepishly*

AH well... this am i panicked again.. think i having a bery bad bout of jitters.. hope i don cry bad bad on that day..

ARE.. hehe.. ok, i will look out for your van!! we ploughing the AYE / ECP on Sunday.. hiaks.. everything prepared?

Leo
My mom din get the typical ring or necklace for bf.. she instead got him a watch and a belt.. so he's gonna put in on on the day itself.. more practical cos he doesn't wear jewellery..

I'm going to put on my diamond earrings and ring with my WG.. and MIL SPecified must wear her long-feng bangles *YUCKS* with my WG in am haiz.. so see how lor.. but am going to put on the gold necklace and braclet my mama got for me for the tea ceremony..

I not yet hang clothes, cos house not yet handed over.. also a bit lost abt my honeymoon luggage.. sulk.. lazy to pack..

chicory

Hi teatree,

I am so sorry... didn't know you are busy with your school work. I was afraid that i missed out your reply or i didn't get it...
happy.gif
. How's your tests and assignments? Completed all already?

are

besse... me things almost done, juz left some minor things. juz went to buy some casual clothes to wear in hotel & while tranferring to my 2nd dinner location.

but still left 1 major thing. me itchy backside wanted to make an *attire* for my 2nd dinner lor. me & hubby juz came up with a new *design* tat requires some time to work out, & we are now running out of time!!! *panic*

besse

hahaha.. quick quick are.. SHOPPIng time!!!
happy.gif

\
think your 2nd nite dinner sounds so fun!!!

when you going off to the States? lucky you!!

are

besse.. lucky meh? i now v troubled, cos dun noe how to tell my parents. i keep tellin my mum i'm juz married off to another part of s'pore, not tat far, but actually i am gonna be v far frm her! sigh... sure will hv a hard time.

tentative plan is april, but still pending confirmation. may not go @ all in the end. depending largely on hubby's co plans.

besse

haiz.. think we all wedding jitters... i v jia lut leh.. really v v sad these 1.5 weeks..

I hope i don cry buckets for the actual day...

friends78

Hi Gals

I thought my mother wants to be simple for Guo Da li. But now she came out a list like pig trotters, martell, 4 Gold, comforter set, pillows, bed sheets, mirror, comb, SPITTOON, bath tub... etc.

Not so simple after all... $$$$ hor? May i check what are the 'necessary' things you gals bought?
Thks so much!

cutiechar

Hi Sandgirl!

long time no see! hows everything? u busy recently?

Hi Chicory!

I dunno leh. I din use inserts coz we find it a waste, somemore my hotel don provide..but inserts veri nice but my hubby says don need...sigh guys!

cheers!

baobei

hi, cutiechar...

is okie..just tot u might want to make comparison...no problem..dun worrie
happy.gif
...btw how much is ur renovation>?

hmm...think u have lots of things to busy with...after renovation starts....

keep in touch okie....

i just have my cards printed , met with javsy yesterday..Ivy is very friendly~~

sunnyling

wow you gals do all your thing so fast leh hmmmm I haven't did any packing at all leh cos I tot still got 3 weeks so taking my own sweet times.

Another thing my mum is waiting impatiently for me to married off keep ask me to pack and move my thing away so she can had the wardrobes to put extra thing hahahaha.

I am now looking for mini bus or passenger van for my relative from Msia anybody here got contact??????

sandgirl72

Hi cutiechar
Thank you.. me beary fine.. except getting bz to buy things for GDL. just bought the teaset, 'yuan', bowls, plates and spoons..

how about yourself?
happy.gif

piper

hello people,

I'm very vexed rite now....no place to complain so think i'll pour my grieviances here.

How to start the story?...The hotel called me last nite to ask me if we want food tasting. So we went back and ask my FIL how many tables he's inviting coz if we hit 40 tables, our food tasting will be complementary.

As our wedding is less than 2 mths away, i think the time is abt right to ask for the guest list from him. And think u all will not guess wat his reaction was.

He said:"what do you want my guest list for!? And ALL food tastings and the actual day dishes will turn out different. So dun come and bug me for the guest list."

To think tat weeks ago, my SIL told me tat we should "politely ask" our FIL for all the names etc in advance so that we have time to prepare for the mailing list. According to her, my FIL will fret out at the last minute and one fine day, when he's in the mood to do something, he'll just cheong ahead and do it without any plans!

We did exactly tat and ended up with such nasty comments. I simply don't understand why he has to behave this way. If i knew he'd be such an hassle, we shouldn't have thrown the dinner in the first place!

Everything he also want to chup...but when we ask things from him, he give me this kind of reaction. Really BUAY TAHAN! He's not working, staying at home everyday. Can't he just spend 2 days and work out the list once & for all?!

This is not the first incidence of him not co-operating. All these incidences had made me really sick of him! What should i do?

starmiffmel

ah yooo.....everyone is getting so sentimental here. makes me want to cry too..
have been real busy packing n packing...even till today.

sunnyling, u better start packing..heheh..dont wait till last min..me have been dreaming oso. din realise so fast.

Jiayou!!
are,yve, 3more days only....

teatree

hi piper,

don't feel so 'down' okay? i know that parents are sometimes very difficult people (especially the purportedly evil 'in-laws'!). a little patience will go a long way i feel. why don't you try speaking to your FIL one more time about the guest list. maybe you can tell him that you need to confirm the number of tables and the amount of food that you need to order from the hotel. tell him that the hotel already gives you an ultimatum about the number of tables.

and if this doesn't work either, maybe you can get your husband to talk to his father. or you can also visit him again, this time with your husband and the 3 of you can do the guest list together.

cheer up
happy.gif

chicory

Hi teatree,

Yup, received your email and replied already
happy.gif

Hi cutiechar,

Actually, printing on cards look nicer than inserts leh...
happy.gif
. But i printing on inserts cuz' hotel provides and the printer told me MM cards cannot print direct due to the designs which cause the inside surface of the cards to be uneven.

The lady showed me some samples whereby 1 couple printed their photo as background and another printed as a small picture at the top of the insert. Pretty nice, abt $35 extra only, but then i think most people dun keep the invitation cards so decided to save money
lame.gif

Hi Piper,

Maybe you can get your husband or SIL to talk to your FIL again, i think for them to explain to him the situation is easier. I also get my hubby to ask his parents for their guestlists. In fact, they took 3-4 mths to give us the list. I think older folks just like to take their own time doing things.

Maybe you can wait for a time when he is in a visibly good mood, then get your hubby to speak to him again for the list, can explain that you all need to write and send out the invites soon. Don't fret and stress ok, things will surely work out well in the end
happy.gif

cream

Hi Piper

I hv the same problem also.FIL refused to disclose how many guests he is inviting coz he is afraid tat we will 'cancel' some of his guests without his permission.Thus one day, i told him politely that i need to discuss something wif him regarding the banquet.At first, he is quite concerned on the topic which we are going to discuss.I ask for his guest list & he told me that the list is wif his friend as he is getting his fren to write the invite for him.

Later I told him that i need to take a look at his list is becoz I need a confirmation on the no.of guests invited and that i need to help him to organise the table juz in case i accidentally placed his relatives table far from the VIP table.

Guess what?He took out the list immediately to discuss wif me.Maybe you should try this but must bear in mind tat u tell him in a nice way.

Good luck.

leo29

Very sianz.... really don't feel like packing the old clothes.

So most of the gals will have jewellery from mum during tea ceremony huh. Must go back and tell my mum, she said tea ceremony only need to give gift to son-in-law. Those jewellerys she bought for me will bring over to my new houes on AD to display on my bed.

Are,

I lazy bum... tot of not hanging up the new clothes when I bring over to my house. Hee... the truth is I wrapped it with wrapper, can't bear to tear it away....

Must the clothes we bring over be a set(Blouse+pant)?

naturally

Hi Piper,
Dun be upset lah, maybe your FIL wasn't in a good mood yesterday? Perhaps he misses his son already, heehee! Like my MIL, she told me she cried and didn't have appetite for 2 days after my hubby mentioned casually to her that he'll be moving out in 2 mths time...
uhoh.gif

Actually if i were u, i wouldn't push your FIL anymore to come up with the guest list. He will only get more irritated, and u wouldn't want a grumpy old man to spoil your wedding atmosphere! Just give the old man more time lah!
happy.gif

How abt this: why dun u talk to your coordinator, say that u will pay for the food tasting first, and u will confirm no. of tables later. If u do have >40 tables, then the hotel can refund/offset from your final bill. How's that?
happy.gif

pam

Hi Girls,
Me also sent my cards for printing at Jasvy, Using normal printing and printed directly to the card. I do save quite a bit by doing that, coz guest oni read for who is getting married, place, date n time of dinner. Easier too, juz write and stuff into envelope for sending.

Hi Piper,
I agree with chicory too. U can try asking ur SIL or hubby to ask ur FIL.

Cheers!

piper

hi hi...

thanks for the concern. It's just tat this is not the first time that we are asking for the guest list from him.

When we were printing our cards & asked him how many pple he's inviting, he also refused to tell us.

It's only after we've placed our booking that he asked how many cards have we printed. He then "threatened" that the number of cards that we've printed are not enough coz we buffered about 80 cards for his "around 13 to 16 or maybe 20 tables"

In the end, we printed 300 cards even though the hotel only provided for 60% of the cards. Who's gonna foot the bill of the add'l cards and printing but us?

Actually it was my husband who talked to him last nite. I dun wan to create any friction so I did not speak to him at all about our wedding preps. We "tackle" our own parents for any queries/problems.

My hubby is tat kind of person tat takes things in his stride. He dun see the urgencies of the matter until it hit him in his face. I dun wan to feel like an auntie, always nagging him to do this & that.

Really pek ciak...Think I shall not make any more noise & let the father & son sort out their thinking.

littlerabbit

Hi everybody,

I'm back. Wonder anyone can help? Anyone have the information on how to address the relatives? My parents also a bit confused as to how the addressing should go for some of the relatives especially those into a few generations.

are

leo29... think i can't help with ur qn. mine is 2 wks worth of clothes, so got quite some lor. then i dun hv any old clothes so might as well hang up everything to fill the space.
happy.gif

today's my last day @ work so prob wun be logging in as often. gotta pia for the next few days liao.
happy.gif

c ya gals here aft my wedding! ;)

tingting

hi everyone,

been busy preparing your wedding now? it just hit me recently how close i am to my wedding, and a lot of things are not prepared yet! I haven't printed my cards yet, can you imagine? not to mention rings, catering.... really hope can get it out in time.

btw, anyone with good recommendation on places to buy wine? are you providing hard liqour as well? how about good caterers for tea ceremony and florists for church decorations?

thanks a lot!

for those with IL problems, I let my FH deal with his set of parents and ditto for mine. At least both sides won't fight and sour face on the actual day. along the way i find myself compromising more as parents tend to make last minute demands...just got to bear in mind that it's not worth straining relationships for a lifetime just bcos of 1 day. The important thing is that you'll be marrying the one you love.
happy.gif

akira

hi girls, want to wish everyone every happiness in their marriage before we go off one-by-one. Time flies!! this weekend are, grace, besse, yve, wedsoon, little rabbit, wedsoon are getting married. rest well so tat you can be mei mei on AD okie.
happy.gif
want to say a big thank you to everyone here for their help too... lets all meet here again after our honeymoons. I'll be one of the last ones hanging around here cos AD only end of the month.. guess this will look like ghost town before long....