(2003) Brides of year 2003

min_minnie

Aloevera,

Phuket is fun and relaxing. Although not many shopping centres, but there are still things to shop and they're very cheap. Things like sandals and tshirts. Only a few shopping centres (Big Sea, Robinson, Ocean Plaza and Tasco). Not forgetting sea sports. But it's more of a place for relaxing rather than shopping. Which hotel/resort you staying in?

pris

Hi gals,
Long time never come in liao, wow time really pass very fast leh.
Congrats to all those getting married this coming Saturday and follow on.
Cos I may not be coming in until Dec 03 cos my BB is going to come out liao in these 2 weeks and still have to do confinement for 1 month so in Dec 03 then I can come in again.
Anything can still send to my e-mails and remember to keep some of your photos of your AD in the Novas website.
Wish you all a Blissful marriage...!

aloevera

min,
i'll be staying at the royal palm resortel. wat abt u? which hotel did u stay huh?

leo29,
i was told by the man who sold us the GDL stuff that those seeds are to be dispersed into yr MIL's hse flower pot or garden.. this is to bring wealth to the family & u only do this after yr wedding.

yve

pausini, thank you for your well wishes!

I collected my gowns yesterday. FH was picky over his suit. They re-did his MTM suit, but FH find it too loose at the waist. Cos FH body shape is very V-shaped, but their cutting not so V, so quite loose at the waist.

Feb, talked to Kelvin about the big album, and he said to bring it back after the wedding. He will re-do them if need to.

Priscilla, have a safe delivery..
happy.gif

yve

leo, my mom got those lotus seeds, dried stuff. I open the packet and put them with 2 oranges and 2 ang pows on a red tray and put on the bed.. since GDL, the oranges still look okay leh.. kekeke..

besse, i hope your flights are not cancelled.. *cross fingers, toes and eyes*..

yve

to all this-weekend-brides,
weather forcast for this weekend is showers with thunder in the afternoon.. means good weather in the morning.. good good..

miss2mrs

Hi Nov Brides,
happy.gif

Nov is round the corner...actually starting this sat. excited?
bounce.gif

i know i am. plus worry and happy and etc...all feelings mixed together as my wedding date draws near.
biggrin.gif
lame.gif
crazy.gif

whatever it is, i know we all can make it.
proud.gif
sleep well at nite, and we will shine on our big day.
biggrin.gif

leo29

Aloevera,

Tks for your advise! I can't recall is that for An Chuang or just go together with the GDL stiffs but now you refresh my memory. The seeds is to put inside the sewing box, 3 days later then disperse it to flower pot.

Yve,

Thanks for your advise but.. hmm... you misunderstood what I'm asking. I'm not refering to those lotus seeds but 5 color seeds which go together with the GDL stuffs.

augus

Hi all

besides lotus seeds, red packets, oranges?? what else is needed for the red tray to be placed on the bed?

I am totally burned out... falling sick... work is piling... seems like many things not done for wedding... is this normal?? or is it just me?

I am loosing weight and my period not here yet, complexion horrigible!!ahh....... next sat is my Wedding !!!!!

yve

Angus, hee.. u sound like me 2 weeks ago.. my pimples are still healing leh.. period was also late.. but i think i gained weight.. too stress to monitor what i eat..

relax, take it all out on hubby.. hehe. do the minimal and subcon/buy if u can..

sandgirl72

Hi cutiechar..
tat's why we always feel that renov is 1 of the major heartache when you keep seeing $$$ flowing out but never come back in to your pocket...

so your hubby can buy electrical items at staff price.. but maybe it is also good to check out prices from other prices lor.. (if only you have the time lor)...

don't say that leh.. me feel pai say one leh.. i still have some things not done yet..

stay happy, ladies!

leo29

Yve,

So serious huh.... stress until period also late. Me also the same pattern, if stress period sure late one. I think I must try to cool myself down and relax. You on leave buay?

yve

leo, drink more water.. detox by drinking leomn water in the morning..

not on leave yet.. not on leave tomorrow too.. on course.

leo29

Yve,

Oh no.... So you have settle all your things already lah? When are you going to do your manicure? How come on course still can come in and post hah?

oranges

leo29

Sorry for the misunderstanding regardin my previous thread. wat abt the 5 colour seeds in GDL wat's tat ? I'm oso interested to know. If u get to know wat's the meaning can u share wif me? Anyway do u hv the GDL list? Do u know wat's "yuan2 Bing3" ?
So sorry i got so many qtn ?
embarrassed.gif

Thks alot.
happy.gif

leo29

Oranges,

I don't know the actual meaning behind this. That uncle just packed and we just take. Should be good symbolise like what Aloevera had said, bring wealth to the family. I never generate the GDL list out. But if you are you refering to the bath tub, face basin.... I still list out for you. I don't know wat is YUAN BING.

yve

leo, oh, my course is PC based.. i type away while the lecturer is talking.. heh.. settle most of it.. fh is doing all the errands on fri.. gng manicure after the course tomorrow, which should end by 2pm..

augus

Thanks yve

at least i know i'm normal... bet I won't be able to sleep the night before the BIG day. Siao liao!

Ha ha maybe should take 1/2 sleeping pills. who knows next morning "Koon bauy ki" ha ha they will have to drag the bride out of the house!!

yve

Angus, wah.. i think i can sleep well tomorrow leh.. so tired nowdays.. take some alcohol to sleep easier lah.. my comb hair is at 11pm.. got to tong until then leh..

augus

oh oh... comb hair the night before or before you put the veil??? ai ya... i think I give up... anything will do la... as long as I get married.

yve

angus, hahhahaa.. yeah lor.. the fortune teller that gave us the wedding date, also gave the timing to comb hair, the night before.. so bo bian lor.. but we did not follow the timing for an chuang, cos that was in the middle of the afternoon.. could not make it while distributing the cakes.

besse

Yve..

think cant meet you for lunch again this week liaoz.. i will be on leave tommorrow.. so today settle most of the things and so tomorrow can chiong finish up stuff... *sigh

Face breaking out horribly.. *SULK*

cubie

just wondering ...
for the Guo Da Li, the bride 's parents would give items like bath tub, basin, etc to the guy 's parents.

Then, what are the guy 's parents suppose to do with all these items, take to the couple 's new hse or take back to the guy 's parent home on that day?

min_minnie

Aloevera,
I stayed in Club Amanda Resort.

Leo29,
How was your food tasting? I was at the Hotel and you know what? My coordinator on leave and the receiptionist called him. He told me there was no appointment in his diary book. Made us rush like mad today. I remember clearly that the appointment was scheduled for today and I still jot in my diary after I tok to him about 2 weeks plus ago. So have to make another appointment. I went to the food tasting room to peep but can't find you.

yve

besse, it is okay lah.. today is busy for me too.. got to wash hair during lunch, take my test, do manicure.. collect car from fh, go home, eat then go fetch my relatives..

yve

Cynthia, the bath tub is to show in the couple's bedroom.. so bring back to couple's new hse if it is ready lor..

leo29

Min,

What time you go and peep at me.... hahaha... I was late, reached at 7.30pm. My hubby and sister was there earlier. Did you see them?

Food tasting, ok ah.... Shark Fin taste good, not too watery and crab meat very fresh. Only minor comments, dish 3 shrimp not very fresh and the fish that my sister and I have not soft, like rubber. But the chef explaint to us what happen and that was true so we accept it. Confirmed not having pork rib. Will change dish with top up. Will change honeydew pudding to mango pudding

feb

Hi pausini

Of cos we remember you and thanks for your your well wishes! Will try to be happy on that day and of cos control my tears too in the morning...

Hi Yve

So you happy liao lor...can redo your album..
happy.gif

min_minnie

Leo29,

Went there about 7.15pm loh. Saw someone in there but not sure who is in the room cos dun recognise your sisiter. We oso find the fish not soft but the chef also says the fish is like that. How about the vege? Did you try the Deep Fried crab claw?

leo29

Min,

Nope, never try the deep fried crab claw becos we choose the pork rib. I remember you said you want to change the dish, did you?

Gals,

Did you all find that there is many things for us to buy and it seem like never end.... New clothes, new undies, new cosmetic.... My pocket got a big big hole already
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

min_minnie

Leo29,

May change the dishes. Yesterday suppose to meet the coordinator and he on leave. Never write in his diary book when he oredi made an appt with me. So angry. We dun like the yam paste in the cold dish, going to change to spring roll. Chicken going to change to Crispy chicken with BBQ sauce and garlic. tot of changing the seasonal vege to Brocci. Still haven't tok to the coordinator, must see whether he agrees to the changes without top up a not.

besse

It's NOVEMBER!!!!

IT"S our WEDDING MONTH!!!

Congratz to Yve, Are, Wedsoon, and rest of the novas getting married today!!!!

May weather be cool and breezy everyday like today is!!!
happy.gif

westie

Hey
I am new here... everyone so happy with the wedding preparation! i scare i am not wet blanket anyone.
I am hesitating whether to get married again in 4 mths time. (a divorcee previuosly)
I am 24 this year. Young right....

meowie

Yup yup. congrats to Are, Grace, Yve, Wedsoon, Littlerabbit, Serene Sng, Novgroom, Besse, Maryann.
happy.gif

Gals, if anyone still happens to pop by, can anyone of you answer this question???

The day when i'm getting married is chong those who born on the year of rat. My mum is born under rat so is one of my Ah yee. My mum is still okay since she my mum. But what about my ah yee?? I really want her for help leh.
sad.gif
Can anyone suggest anything??

okeanosmao

hi meow,

for my side, those who born in tiger year has to avoid me. i heard tt they hv to hide inside the rm first when the bride cms inside the hse and after awhile they can cm out oredi.
but i think if yr ah yee 'chong' u, then she can't help u unless the elders are not so pantang in this..

teatree

good morning piper,

i saw your photos! you look very sweet and pretty in all of them. and you're very fair! your album is going to be one delicious one! i especially like the last few close-up photos of you.

min_minnie

Hi gals,

Any recommedndation for red wine? I still sourcing around. My hubby and myself dun drink, so know nothing about it. Can anyone assist?

Meow,
How about you? How many bottles of wine you bought and from where? What type?

meowie

Min, Sad to say, i won't be catering any wine for my guest. I think if they need, they'll either bring their own or most guest will jus drink whatever it is provided to them. Sorry can't help.
sad.gif

Think most of them will be on holidays soon leh.
sad.gif
We still have to wait. You sent out your invites already or not? Me working night shift tonight.

yve

hi all!!

heh, just a report for my wedding on 1 nov..

morning
my 6 ah yees tekan my fh and his brothers for nearly half an hour.. they had to eat 9 limes (suan), drink honey (tian), drink bitter gourd and tea juice (ku) and eat wasabe and chilli padi sandwich (la). Wear straw skirts and dance.. do pumping.. weather was good with a minor scare of drizzle in the early morning.. then we went to fullerton for pics.. it was fun till we had to leave to make it back to pasir ris by 11.. then the usual tea ceremony and etc..

dinner..
it was a nightmare lah.. fh printed a old copy of the seating arrangements.. and there were extra pple.. i had to do shuffling of my relatives.. yeah, bride has to work leh.. fh side also had problem with relatives.. this dun wan to sit with that kind.. by third dish, we only have 1 bottle of red wine left! so our brothers ran to carrefour to buy more wine and hard liquor.. opened a second barrel of beer too.. we really for we got saboed by his frens, drink "cocktails".. pass ice and vibrating hp through hubby's trousers.. etc.. etc..

got a bit high after the dinner.. cos i also help husband to drink.. and cried 2 times..

hahha.. now back to normal life.. flying off to tasmania tonight.. see u gers when i am back.. tata..

amore

hehe today 3rd nov liao... who's next!!... must be excited....

those over liao can rest already and enjoy married life!!!

feb

Hi Yve

Congrats and glad to know that all goes smoothly for your wedding...Well see ya after your HM.

Hi Amore

I am the next one i think..this sat leh...but not excited leh...dunno why...