(2003) Brides of year 2003

chicory

Hi Piper,

Don't get too upset... think Naturally has a pt, maybe he can't bear the thoughts of your hubby moving out, that's why he is not in good moods recently. Maybe your FIL has the same concerns as Cream's FIL too... I think best is for your hubby to have a heart-to-heart talk with your FIL in order to understand what his concerns are and why has he been acting difficult.

I think guys are usually more laid-back in the planning and preparation process. I am doing most of the running around and coordinating. I think you are quite right, they will start to panic once they realise that time is running out and so much things not settled yet, then they will get things moving... and things will fall in place at the end
happy.gif
. Don't be so pek ciak, must enjoy the wedding preparations, it will all be over very fast and then you will start to miss it
happy.gif

Hi tingting,

How have you been
happy.gif
? Have you selected your PS photos yet? Must share your PS photos with us leh. I think it's about time to print your cards already cuz' you need to send out your invites abt 1 mth b4 your wedding, need time for RSVP etc. I also haven't look into the catering part yet. But there are quite alot of caterers to choose from, like smiling orchid, stamffles, kriston, CJS, select etc.

For wines, you can try Carrefour, Cold Storage and NTUC. Now NTUC is having 5% discount for 6 bottles of wines onwards. We also have a problem with hard liquor, my MIL told us she already got her sisters to buy 6 bottles of duty-free hard liquor, she did not know hotels doesn't allow duty-free... my fren suggests pouring into crystal decanters, can meh??!

piper

Hi chicory,

We are not moving out...in fact we'll be staying with my in-laws after marriage. And one thing's for sure, we would not cut his tables coz we need his tables to make up the numbers. Now everything is hanging in the air coz we don't know how many tables he's gonna invite!

If he could let us know earlier, we can still make up for the tables if there's insufficient guests.

He's the one who told us to look for big venues coz he want to invite "around 20 tables". Now, he's twisting his words & say he might just be inviting 13-16 tables. Where am i gonna find 40 to 60 guests at the last minute?!

wenz

Hi Are,
Wow... only 3 more days to November....
Congratulations!!! Have fun on your wedding day!!! Keep smiling...
Jia you!!! Jia you!!!

Same to u, Besse...

wenz

Hi Yve
U also 1st Nov, right??? Congratulations!!!
Have lots of fun on wedding day & remember to "work hard" during your honeymoon!!!

tingting

hi chicory,

I know i'm quite behind time in my cards..so for now rsvp with my friends informally first. those caterers you mentioned are pretty large scale, not v suitable for home catering of a small group.

i'm quite cheepo abt wine, cos i can't appreciate it. thinking of getting the cheapest, but at least recognisable brand... there are companies who allow you to bring back unopened wine, but i think there's a minimum quota to meet.

eh, about ur hard liquor..you'll have to open and pour yourself lor...prob when going around table toasting. but 6 bottles a bit hard to finish..
happy.gif

i've selected my photos, but album not ready yet. yours?

Piper,

if he's really confirming inviting less than originally intended, can try to invite more of your friends, neighbours? talk to the hotel whether they can reduce the number of confirmed tables. I have the opposite problem...i have problems inviting my original guests cos of a serious upward revision of guests my ILs want to invite.

cutiechar

Hi Doreen

Just heard my mum says that need the bath tub and spit tub can liaoz..I oso dunno..haven buy yet. :p

Hi Baobei!

hehe...yar mayb becoz I am so sick of running ard to find contractors das why I settle for this one which I like.
yah lor, going to get busi with things liaoz..but intend to search for furniture after wedding coz don wan to regret after buying becoz of rushing. the renovation costs us 40k. *broke liao*. all my frd says expensive..coz I got lotsa carpentary work..das why..oso dunno worth or not.
sad.gif

how abt urs?

HI chicory!

I wish my tat hotel cards cannot be printed on directly so that I have an excuse to use inserts.yah lor, I initially oso wanted pics beside the card or in a small area of the card but then who will keep the card right?hehe..so I oso din use any..:p

Hi Piper!

dont get too upset k? I can understand how u feel. I haf oso had mani arguments with my mum over this wedding. she is oso sometimes trying to make things difficult for me.know wat, she refused to give me the namelist for the guest and she says just give me the cards for 10 tables and the rest I settle. now I got to agar agar print the cards and I oredi told my hubby if last min she not enough card,I am not goin to print extra coz she oli tell me 10 table ppl.and she oso din give me the namelist becoz she felt tat my banquet receptionist is oli to entertain my frds/guests and all my relatives and her frds will look for her directly and this is the least unorganized thing I will expected.
BUT then I dont fret on this thing coz I dun wanna make myself unhappy. The best thing is to get ur hubby to tok to him nicely with the help of ur SIL, otherwise u will be like me, burning..hehehe. btw, is your hotel requirment for the banquet 40 tables? if not can tell them u wanna cut down to 35 or less if their minimum requirement is abt 30?hope this helps.

cheers!

leo29

Better wish you all 1st. I think those getting marry on Nov 1 & 2 will start to on leave soon.

Nov 1 : Grace, Yve, Wedsoon and Nov 2 : Serene Sng, NovGroom and Besse, Gong Xi Gong Xi. Wish you all have a blissful marriage and Zhao3 Sheng1 Gui4 Zi3.

meowie

Sunnyling,
I'll be renting a bus for my hubby's relative but that's in S'pore. So i can't help much.

Little rabbit, finally you came back. Missing in action ah?
happy.gif
Wow, that's a tough one....i let my parents settle that. what about asking your relatives directly?

Yeah yeah me too one to congrats those marrying this weekend
happy.gif

*Sigh, tomorrow my an chuang day. We didn't find out the time to put the mattress on, so my hubby decides to put the mattress on after work. Does it matters?

piper

hi hi,

I told myself I'm not gonna remind my hubby abt his dad's guest list or whatever. I'll just keep quiet and watch the show when the date gets nearer.....very bad of me hor?

Anyway, I think i've told my hubby nth times and he choose to ignore, so I dun think I want to be so stupid to get myself frenzy over such things. I'll just do up my parents & my own list and it's end of job for me.

I've listed out things that needed to be done today & e-mailed my hubby today. Think that's the best i can do now.

littlerabbit

Hi Are and Meow,

Thanks.

Hee ... not really missing in action ... just can't catch up with u guys ... me very old and slow liao
lame.gif

Well, I think nowadays everybody not very sure liao ... guess call wrongly they also dunno so most likely jian4 ji1 xin2 shi4.

So coincidence our an chuang also tomorrow. Time is at 7pm. U got any kids jumping on bed
bounce.gif
Hmmm ... tomorrow chong1 those born in the year of snake so dun get them to do it for you leh. Well, think timing doesn't matter if you not superstitious, at least your get it done its good loh. But if you interested below is the best timing according to the tong shu:
1 - 3 ³ó•r 3 - 5 Òú•r 5 - 7 î•r 13 - 15 δ•r
But dunno why the shi fu give us the timing as 7pm.

ava

Hello Ladies!

CONGRATS to the 1st few Novas getting hitched this wknd!
happy.gif

STAY HAPPY!!!!!!!! can must come back after wedding to cheer the rest of us on huh!!!
happy.gif

Akira
happy.gif
dun worry
happy.gif
i will try to pop in no w then
happy.gif
i'm sure Meow will too!!!
happy.gif

meowie

Yes Ava, i'll be here always unless everyone forgets about each other. I hope the friendship will last.
happy.gif

Little rabbit, I didn't ask anyone to jump on my bed leh. We'll jus put the bed on and cover with bedsheet and cover with plastic cover. Well reno still yet to complete mah.
happy.gif
What's those numbers? I can't see leh.
sad.gif
His mom jus instruct must place the bed before 7pm and he must sleep the night there. Was wondering can i sit on the bed lor.
uhoh.gif

baobei

hi, cutiechar...

ya loh.i also understand the hazard to run around sourcing for contractor..but anyhow..congratulate on finding a contractor...at least something is settled...40K is quite ex lah..mine only $15k....maybe urs really have alot of carpentry...so tat why so ex...aiya..is okie..lah..as long as u and ur hubby like..
happy.gif

Hi, Piper, dun make urself unhappy..frankly all parents in law are the same....besides marriage is bet. u and ur hubby..so shd work hand in hand, thus leave it to ur hubby....

Stay cheerful and happy!!

happy.gif

min_minnie

Hi, Everyone,

Just came back from Phuket over the long weekend. Congrulations to all my dear gals here getting married 1st week of Nov.I start to kan cheong, haven't send out invites although call majority of my friends oredi. Hopefully, my cards will be out by this week or latest next week.

sunnyling

Meow

I need in SG ah wat I mean is my relative is coming to SG so I need a bus to pick them from my hse to the hotel and from hotel back to my hse. How much you chartered the bus for your hubby relative?????? And how many seater?

lkf

hi all novas who are getting married on the 1st week of Nov

Wishing you all a blissful marriage. Have fun on your wedding days!!

can tell all of u all are working very hard twds your actual day. JIA YOU !!! NOVAs, we can surely do it. Remember to stay cool and pretty afterall u will be the princess on that day
happy.gif

I can only come in occasionally now as i was very busy in office as well as for the preparation. although i hv settled most of the stuff but am still struggling with my guest attendance (my biggest headache). my father doesn't seem to like the idea of RSVP his friends/colleagues so i really hv to do an gauge on the turnout *sigh*. talking abt anchuang mine will be on the evening of 5 Nov. Like meow, i also will not hv young boys jumping on it. will juz follow MIL's instruction.

cheers

min_minnie

Meow,

How's your renov? Completed? I've made orders for my flower girls' head band using fresh flowers from the bridal shop. They charge me S$25 for each. Expensive?

chicory

Hi tingting,

At least you are already doing the informal rsvp, so when you send out the cards, no need for rsvp already
happy.gif
. Aiyo, i haven't inform those "long time see once" friends, luckily only a few of them.. hee.

For small scale catering, i think CJS and Select can do it but personally i find Select food so-so. Heard Angel Catering is not bad. I am intending to call this Caterer, Broson Catering, i tried the food at my hubby's classmate's baby 1st mth celebration, i find the food pretty good, have yet to check out their price and menu. You want their contact?

As for wines, i am also v cheapo.. hee hee... i also want to get the cheapest. Yes, i have heard of those companies who allow return of unopened wines, but not sure if their wines are exp or not? Probably about $18-$20 per bottle. Thinking of finding those ard $15-$16, do you think nearer to year-end, supermarkets will have sale on wines? Or at most, i will do without red wines, cuz' i have free flow beer.

I don't intend to serve hard liquor but my FIL's sworn brothers drink them, so probably let them pour themselves.

I am going for a 2nd round of selection for photos in mid nov, so album won't be ready so soon.

Hi Cutiechar,

Yah lor, save the money for other things
happy.gif

Hi Piper,

I think i would do the same if i am in your shoes, I will just act "bo chup" and let them panic when the date draws near. I agree that it is very tiring to keep nagging and chasing for things to be done...

My PILs also the same, initially they told us they need 10 tables (estimated). Then MIL says maybe they don't have so many, so i say i will invite more frens and colleagues then. In the end, got to sit down with them to write out their guestlist, if not, i think i still won't be able to get their list. And their guests come up to 10 tables after all and we hit the ballroom max.. sigh, got to remove some of my guests.

amore

HULLO Ladies!!!... long time no "see"... wah busy busy... work busy wedding preps oso busy... reno oso not complete...aiyo!!.. cham alot of cleaning need to be done next mth after reno!!!...

wah beary fast this weekend NOV liao!!!!.... COngrats to those getting hitch on 1st and 2nd.... Grace, Are, Yve, Besse, NovGroom, Serene!! and the rest!!!... rest well.. have enuff sleep and look pretty and handsome on dat day okie!!??....

haiya... in the end still need to have GDL.... just went to buy my jia zhuang on sunday.... the lady gave us those coins wrap in red paper... anyone have dat too??...she say on GDL need to place @ the corners of the bed..... I dun have an chuan... after placing the coins can sleep on the bed after dat b4 the wedding?? anyone noe???

tingting

hi chicory,

there's a wine depot at Cold Storage (China Square Central) that sells wine at below $20. You may want to check it out. Can I have the contact at Broson Catering? I'm considering CDCS, which has some quite yummy stuff like cheesecake and chwee kuey. They're quite cheap also..check them out.

what's CJS? You have their contact?

wedsoon

hi gals.....now super busy with work and got no time to check the mail..Will definitely show you all the photos after all our weddings are over. Thanks for all your wishes ;p good luck and all the best to the rest of the gals who is going to get married soon...

besse: will happen to meet you at the airport...muz endure cannot cry on the actual day..I am also worried that I will cry but thinking of staying with my mum after wedding..I will feel better.

Leo29: thanks for the updating on my new house... take care and we shall meet again...

Yve: good luck on your baby dance.....

leo29

Meow,

I think.... better don't touch the bed after the An Chuang. I remember someone ever mentioned, bride are not allow to enter the room after An Chuang.

Amore,

Yap, I have the coin(Yuan) also. And it suppose to be placed at the 4 corner of the bed. If you don't have An Chuang, just placed it a few day b4 your wedding. After placing, better don't sleep on it lah.

boo_boo

hi all,
me kan cheong. got qn to ask. anybody who knows pls help. thx alot...
izzit ok for a bride to receive her guests with the groom wearing her WG? or does she have to wear another dress then mayb b4 the dinner she goes n change into her WG?
which is better? personally i prefer to wear my WG cos not dun have to change again which is so troublesome. but wun it be weird if i wear WG to welcome my guests?

sandgirl72

Dear Piper
happy.gif

Don't be too upset over your FIL.
happy.gif
it happened to my MIL too and I leave it to my hubby to settle the problem..

Don't think too much liao.. Just continue with your part and make sure you're a happy and beautiful bride...
happy.gif

yve

wedsoon, wah.. u rem that u am gng to babydance immediately uh?? kek kek...

boo_boo, okay to wear WG to mingle with guest.. i am gng to do that lah.. must give mileage to the WG, and take more pictures in it..

feb

hi Grace, Yve, Wedsoon ,Serene Sng, NovGroom and Besse

Wishing you all a blissful marriage and stay pretty on your big day.

Wow...you all really made me kan cheong leh..Hahahaha..mine is only next weekend so still have one week to prepare everything..

Akira : Dun say till like tat leh... is only for this whole month that everyone will be busy for their big day therefore no time to pop in this thread .Think in Dec 03 we are all back for more discussion (maybe on other topic)
happy.gif

Yve : Glad to know that you have manage to meet the minimal requirement for your dinner tables...Remember dun stress yourself and stay happy...
happy.gif
Know JLC will do a good job for you...

yve

feb uh,
did u notice that the pics in your big album is not smooth? the surface is uneven, like got big bubbles like that.. haiz, dunno whether to bring it up to JLC.. gng to collect the gowns this evening..

meowie

Wow, today so much posting ah

Min, welcome back. What did you bought back from there? My reno close to completion. Now got more things to see liao. Like the design and pretty close to my idea design. Very happy lor.
happy.gif
Even if Elfa was to come, i won't allow them to take any pics too. But some of the big items need to be bring back to the factory to alter. Yesterday settle many things. Aircon is up, so is my heater and fan, my dinning table deliver and very nice too. All colour match closely. My hubby give up liao. He wants to lock the main gate and stops all work. Reason, very tired. Even today when i was posting half way. He called me up and asked me to rush down to the new house to open the door for the power gas. Me off today jus for an chuang but he wants to do it after work lor. Then i ran all the way to interchange then he call me say no need liao. Angry ah!
angry.gif
Today how to an chuang like that when i dun even wish to see him?

As for the corsage thing, i dunno, didn't get any flower girl so i really dunno. But i know Giant got sell rose petals at $0.50 per packet. I'm still considering to get fresh flowers for aisle or fake ones. Any comments or recommends to give? You got get Nicholson to shoot??

Sunnyling,
you can flip the papers for contacts. I leave that to my FIL to settle.
happy.gif
My hubby jus gave me this, why not check it out. Woodlands transport: 6898 2395 or Yap & Loh transportation: 6387 6591

LKF, dun forget our appt with Indulge hor.
happy.gif

Leo,
i remember that too. So i asked him to check with his mum. I need to sit on the bed because my tv height in MBR seems too high for me. So if i need to alter it, the carpenter needs to take the wardrobe back to work on it. He checked and say i can sit on it lor. Thanks!
happy.gif

Booboo i think so too. Saw many of my friends wear WG to receive guest.

feb

Yve

My big album still ok lah...is the small album that the edge is not even lor...Tot is cos i rush them to give me the album and that is why they never do a good job for me...

Even if you bring up tonite also too late to rectify for you rite? But wun harm to bring it up also...at least feed back to them lor...Last Sat i went for my final fitting and I still have to alter my gown cos too loose liao....sigh..Lynn ask me to eat more....Think I am too stress also..

yve

feb, cocktail dress for what?? to receive the guest?? hmm, i am taking the kua.. maybe cos i already borrowed a gown from them for my ROM?

the big album like the glue too wet lor, now dry up already, very bumpy..

jbride

Hi ladies,

haven't been reading this thread for some time...managed to read thru your postings
happy.gif

piper, sorry to hear abt your problem with your FIL...u can leave it to your hubby to discuss with your FIL...but i think it's difficult to wash your hands off ya...when the date gets nearer, u'll feel even more stressed when things r not done...

Hi tingting, my MIL has bought 15 bottles of liqor but I dun think we need so many...I can let go 5 bottles if u're interested...

35008.gif

tingting

Hi jbride,

hard liquor? can let me know more about the details? apparently my FH has to give some hard liquor to my family during the guo da li as well..
happy.gif

interesting girl graphic..cute...
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Hi Cutiechar
just read your earlier posting that your renov cost U nearly 40k.. Is yours a brand new flat or a resale flat?

Ours is a resale 4 room, so we need to do a lot of hacking, re-wiring, plastering, re-polishing of marble flooring with a lot of custom made carpentry and our renov cost is $38k...

So if yours is a brand new flat, then to me, 40K with lot of carpentry seems to be on the higher end liao..but as long as U r happy with the workmanship for their carpentry then it should be worth every cents invested..

for other things like electrical items, you can try to source a few places and start to compare prices b4 u commit lor..

besse

hi babes

Thanks for the wel wishes.. i should be working up till friday.. maybe fri take urgent leaVE...

Now face start to breakout.. worse i ever had in my life.. faint..

Anyway, if i don find the time to log in after the wedding, here's my best wishes to all the pretty babes here the best for their big day.. i will still hang ard after the wedding.. and let's catch up to exchange photos ok'!

Wedsoon.. we are flying off on 5th nov, 6am.. should be meeting you on the flight la.. hehehe.. but you will prob transfer to the San Fran flight whereas mine goes LA.. hehe. catch you then!!

Take care and smile..
happy.gif

feb

Yve

Ya lor...The cocktail dress to receive the guest.. and I also have kua for my tea ceremony..ask Lynn to give you the cocktail dress lah since their album not so well done
happy.gif

yve

haiyah, leh chey to change leh.. and u know my WG is tie tie at the back one, very difficult to wear..

besse, u not afraid of the fires??

kopibean

Congrats to all novas getting married this wkend -Grace, Yve, Wedsoon ,Serene Sng, NovGroom and Besse

Wish you all ...
~~Bai Tou Dao Lao~~
~~Zhao Sheng Gui Zi~~
~~Yong Jie Tong Xin~~

littlerabbit

Hi Meow,
Dun angry lah. U got excuse for not seeing him today. Actually, an chuang is not gals prob, is the guys side to settle and according to my mum rightfully gals shouldn't be there. Also, nobody can sleep on the bed till your wedding day.

Hee, those numbers are in fact the best auspicious timing to do the an chuang thing. So base on the timing its best to do it before 7pm -- guess that's why ur MIL ask your to do so loh.

aloevera

hi all,
was very bz wif GDL last sunday. it was a tiring day but we were quite lucky that most of our relatives came to our house for lunch so we dun hv 2 go to 2 many places to distribute d cakes & wedding biscuits. my MIL gave us more cakes than we asked for.. hv been eating cakes for breakfast since monday.. hahahah but it was yummy yummy.. : )

i wld also like to convey my best wishes to all the xin niang for this weekend, ie Congrats to all novas getting married this wkend, especially to Grace, Yve, Wedsoon ,Serene & Besse. I'm sure you'll all look very pretty & radiant. gong xi gong xi!!

min,
u juz came bk from phuket huh? care to share wif me abt your trip? me n my HB will be gg there for a 4 days mini honeymoon.

pausini

Hi Yve & Feb,

Congrats on ur coming big day!
Hope u still remember me, one of the JLC bride and we have outing together.

Remember, no matter what happen be it good or bad it is just part of the day make u remember. Dun take it to heart. Enjoy the most impt and wonderful day.

Remember must enjoy, tell urself nothing can make u angry. All things are happy things...

Wish both of u and the rest of the Nov Brides here.

" A Blissful Marriage ".

oranges

Hi leo29

I read yr thread u mentioned bride cannot enter the room after an chuang. Is tat true ? Actually, we areadi shifted to our new house. Then hw ? pls advise?

leo29

Oranges,

I'm not the one who said it but just repeat what one of the gal has mentioned to us earlier. Sorry... I can't advise.

Gals,

Ai yah, too many thing to remember until i forget what the uncle had told me on the 5 color seeds in GDL stuffs is for what. Just put inside the sewing box or for An Chuang? Anyone know?

cutiechar

Hi Sandy and Baobei!

yar lor,40k and its a new flar but it covers all from lightning accessories to curtain. coz I have overlay my whole toilet tiles with stones and plus a vanity top and platform, walk-in-wardrobe,carpentery bedframe and etc, etc so make up to 40k..actuali its more than 45k but I ask the contractor, (heng my frd) to throw in for me..if not realli headache..actuali now we headache the money problem.wahah..jialat.

electrical items shld be fine coz my hubby is working in Best..so can get good price I tink and hopefully!

eh seems like Sandy is welll-prepared for the wedding.so when u gals finishing the renovation?

cheers!