(2003) Brides of year 2003

pooh~

Hi All,

remember me?? My married life is playing mahjong every weekend with my hubby and frens.
happy.gif

Now lazy to go shopping liao..

Hi edksd,
i made a profit of ard 1k. Luckily for me cos both side of our family relatives dun give angbao for banquet.

They give angbao during tea only.

BTW where is ur banquet held?

leo29

Good Morning gals…… good day ahead....

Miss Diamond Wenz…… yesterday went to Lee Hwa to check out the diamond earing and pendant. The guy who attend to me was so helpful, tell me so many things that now I become a diamond expert liao…,just joking. Still haven’t buy becos can’t make up my mind. Originally I was looking at normal 0.3+ earing and pendant with their in house cert but that guy ask me to buy rings to set it into earing and pendant that is with GIA/HRC cert. and is having more then 40% disc. Good bargain rite! The pricing not much differnt... I think I just have to spent abit more on the setting. Advisable to do in this way? I was relunctant becos that guy really teach me how to do to save $, got so good thing exist in the world meh?

Parco is having a promotion. If you sign up as their member (Sunday last day)-$15 for 2 years, every $15 you spent will get you a voucher and this voucher value at $10. So for who want to buy jewellery, can take this apportunity to get further discount. Eg you spent $4500, $4500/15=300. So you got 300 dollars voucher. Can be used to offset your purchased.

Gals,

Those items that are in the luggage(To move to our house on GDL), must it be all new? Then how about our old clothes? Just bring over to our house anytime?

Me going out for meeting.... chat with you all again in the late afternn.

yve

hi leo,

The stuff in luggage and to hang in the closet suppose to be new lor.. I got some new clothes, but could not wait and have worn them one or twice.. like that mother also nag already.. planning to move some clothes there after the furniture arrives this sat.. those hang one, will be nicer and newer, others will hide in drawers.. i think my mom also dun want me to move all my things over at one time, suddenly like i really not there anymore.. She said to bring over bit by bit..

liching

Kopibean,
Spoken to the printers, my cards inserts sould be ready for collection earlier than Sat.
So most probably collecting in today.
My food tasting on the coming Monday....When yours? Which menu is yours? We only have Pixie...on other choice but we might get them to change some of the dishes?

wenz

Hi Leo29
Only rings have 40% or everything also have discount?
Unlike rings and pendants, u must find identical diamonds to have them set into earrings ie. similiar in table proportion -size, depth, clarity & fluorescene etc. 2 diamonds with same caret might not have the same table proportion. So have to be careful. Look at the cert & make comparison. I remember the salesperson at Larry's told me before that if they can find identical diamonds in the same shipment, they will first set them into earrings. The rest will be used for rings and pendants.
For me, I bought 2 loose stones to have them set into earrings. The salesman actually spent quite time looking for the right stones.

meowie

Leo, talking about diamonds, i got my tennis bracelet back on monday. Looked at the receipt, it has 45 diamonds, weighing 3.29 carats.

Min, the videography is free. Jus pay for the tape will do. You interested huh? You sms me or call me lor. But hor, tonight i work night shift again.
sad.gif

Gals, talking about ang baos, how much shall we give to ah yess/brothers, photographer, vidoegrapher, driver from bridal, the little boy who opens the door, emcee and makeup artist? Can advise?

wenz

Hi Leo29
I have Lee Hwa (15%)& Goldheart(20%) member card. Can pass to u if u need.

If you have the time, also go & look at Je Taime (Ngee Ann City), Larry's Jewellery & Flower collection. Their prices is quite comparable to Lee Hwa and Goldheart. Remember to ask for discount.
As for Diamond Industries, I find their prices so so only. Those published in the newspaper usually are those without cert.

starmiffmel

hello gals...

long time no talk..
me have sent out the invites. now only left mil side sending..slow man...

got a problem as well..last min, i need to get a new bed. any recommendation on where to get..
sorry to pop this question which has been long gone.heheh..mil last min surprise...

meow, sorry to hear abt yr mil. take care....
when are u going thailand? me oso going. i have booked the week after my wedding..short trip.
honeymoon next year april go korea spring time...

Anyone interested to go indulge this evening?

edksdid

hi pooh, so did u add in the angbao they gave during tea into the sum of $$ to pay for banquet?

mine was at grand copthorne waterfront.

meowie

Grace,too bad lah. You should have told me earlier then we can go together. I'll be there on 20th till 24th. If you dun wish to spent too much, then king koil should be okay liao. What about trying those shops in neighbouurhood or those in IMM?

sg_oc

Hi gals,
Now I have problem in writing my invitation cards. If I inviting my girlfriend but i dun her hubby name so how should i address them in the cards??????????

wenz

Hi Akira
Have you found the band?
I am also thinking of some form of entainment.

Hi Gals
Any other suggestions?

matka

hi girls

Serene, do you have a buffer? We managed to cover all the costs the day after the banquet and settled the bill immediately. This included the $$ from the tea ceremony. Generous relatives helped subsidise those who could not cover. We still haven't calculated all the ang pows tho so I'm still not sure if we've covered everything including the deposit of $3.8K and the wine. I'm guessing the max we will lose is $2k. So far, everything has been self-sufficient.

About seating arrangements, it's ok to seat them as the 11th or 12th person if the table can accommodate. I had a table of 9 with some unreliable guests who did not turn up despite saying 'yes' so I was left with half a table. I shld've known better knowing their track record. They're off my guest list for any future functions ;)

For manicure and pedicure. I've only tried a few and I was quite disappointed with Hollywood Secrets. The nail polish started cracking two days later. Thankfully I only needed it for one day for the photoshoot.

I went to Earth Sanctuary at Holland Village Shopping Centre. It costs $55 for a mani-pedi. I had a french manicure and a normal pedicure and it cost me $63. They're quite good and friendly as well. You might want to check them out
happy.gif

sg_oc

Hi Meow,

Thanks. When should I r.s.v.p.? Can I sms to them cos i'm afraid people will think that I am not sincere. Actually I already informed them my wedding date through phone liao.

wenz

Hi Akira
I have just checked out the price for jazz band. Artistes International charges $2000 for 2 sets of 45-minute performance.
According to hotel coordinator, they must bring their sound system cos hotel system is very basic.

jady

hi edksd,

i lost abt 4K too(banquet alone) incl wine & hard liquor + gave mum 7 tables(all angbaos fr these 7 tables she keep).
we even hv friends giving $60 & quite a no. din turn up last min & they din give angbaos too!
sad.gif

That's where the losses came in..

so for those who make, u r very lucky leh
happy.gif

hi serene,
when r u leaving for NZ?
now i looking fwd to my NZ HM next sat!!!!
happy.gif

leo29

Halo…… me back to office lol….

Yve,

You so impatient one lei, endure another few weeks and you can wear liao mah… Lucky I not like you, hiak hiak hiak. I still have quite a nos of casual clothes haven’t wear, so no need to buy anymore. Will just get a new working suit. Ai yoh, going to broke if buy somemore…..

Thanks for your info! My mum mentioned luggage last nite so I just want to check is that really a must to have new things in the luggage. I already set my mind, all the clothes in my cupboard will be new. When I told my hubby this, he shake his head, hahaha…..

Wenz,

Not ring but those that with better quality, maybe the cert., I think. Yesterday was there to recky recky so never really ask them so much. For earing, he give me the same caret, clarity(SSV2) and is F color. Depth I never check. What is fluorescene and how to differentiate table proportion-size.

I don’t know can we get further 15% discount since they are having promotion now. Will get from you if i need. Kam Xia! Goldheart card no nd, I liao.

Meow,

How come now then you take back your bracelet? You amend the length? Last nite I try one tennis bracelet, 1.51 caret, after discount was $1957. If for casual wear, it look just nice.

starmiffmel

meow, ah yah me go early, anyway 20-24 i cant take leave.
today robinson sale.. the beds some got 15 +20% off...
u think cheaper than neighbourhood stores?

wenz,
we engaged a 3man band for 3 sessions.. $900.
which means 1 session - cocktail etc...

love, my fren is helping me do a video clip for the montage.

wenz

Hi Leo29
If he just anyhow find two diamonds w same caret, clarify & colour, likelihood that these two diamonds are not identical. Though they may have the same caret, their size range might be different. One might be deeper so face is smaller while the other one is shallow with bigger face. Just like, two person with same weight, one might be tall and another short. That s why you need to look at the cert for their table proportion.
As for fluorescence, it is the extent the diamond is bluish. So if one diamond has slight fluorescence and another has none, both will not be identical and hence not suitable for earrings.
In the cert, you will see the size range. For example, a 0.5 caret may not be exactly 5mm. It could be 4.88 - 4.92mm or 0.50 - 0.51mm. The later will look slightly bigger. But for earrings, they will not suitable cos one side big one side small.... All these info is shown in the cert. A good salesman should help u to find two stones that are very similiar in every aspects, not just looking at caret, colour & clarity.

wenz

Hi Grace,
That is quite reasonable. I spoke to a few. It is about the same. Is your band recommended by friends? good?
What instruments are they playing?

starmiffmel

they were playing at a relative's wedding ......
think they have a cello, violin and i cant rem the last. arranged by my mil.. cos she talked to the relative..

love

Hi All....

I am new here...can i join u guys in ur discussion....enjoy chatting here.....but as i am new......didnt really interact much...

mtmtmt

Hi sg,
strictly by etiquette, should address both by names- can call her to ask.

Partner is like... you are so distant that you don't know or bother to find her stead partner- should be last resort... the "partner" may find offence cos it's like your friend can bring anyone else/ open market sense.

If no partner, then I add "& friend" if I worry about her being bored/ needing companionship.

cookiecorgi

hi hi all, cookiecorgi says hi... ya, its October already, and I am really happy to hear that your weddings went on smoothly... Congrats to Jady, bibiq, matka (matka)..

My wedding is on 15th October, middle of mth, middle of week.. less than one week away!! *bite nails*

still trying to settle my seating arrangmts too... very kam cheong by the minute!!

I will be doing my mani and pedi on tue 14oct, at fave nails at oub ctr. they have a promo, charging only $50 for both... Serene, can try it out...
happy.gif

good luck to all of you... *including myself :p *

cookiecorgi

oh yes... may i know if any of you know where I can get more hard liquors for my banquet?? stuffs like hennessy, XO.. etc etc.. not too expensive.... Thanks!!

priviledged

edksd, I didn't break even. Lost a bit. Don't know how much. Mainly because we had a church + dinner. Invited many of my students to the church. Also our dinner was expensive (Regent), and don't think many of our friends know how much it cost. Also got some kiam-siap friends out there, and quite a lot of very elderly guests.

meowie

Sg,
For those that are confirmed, i add remarks they are confirmed. Those still on pending, i told them i'll call them again 1wk before wedding. All my invites will be sent to them. Only my colleagues i'll pass to them next week.

Love, I asked my photographer to do my montage. Or you can engage someone to do it for you.

Leo, yeah i got go and amend the length. The girl even return the 2 daimonds i took out. But of course i return to them lah.

Grace, you must go and try and see your budget leh.

sandgirl72

Hi Cutiechar
In fact, we have 40 tables.. out of the 40 tables, 6 tables is for my parents and 4 tables is our frenz. the rest of the 30 tables are my hubby's side relatives and my deceased FIL's biz associates...
wink.gif

our co-ordinator asked if we can do our food tasting earlier cos during Oct & Nov, there will be a lot of couples also wanting to do their food tasting, so if we can do it earlier, why not lor?
happy.gif

we will be meeting up with our co-ordinator again this Sat to discuss about the comments we had for the food tasting.
happy.gif

sg_oc

My trip to Japan was cancelled due to poor response so now headache to survey around for other package? Who is going to Japan for honeymoon and which agency should I try? Nick also agree to help me. Anyone here wedding date falls on weekday? If yes how much AB for him?

aries

hi sg,

maybe u can consider ana tour packagae...can check east asia tour agency..btw, which part of japan u going? How much was the package u paid for..i'm planning too

piper

hi sandy,

I'm hokkien & i'm looking for those tat has tau sar piah, peanut candy etc etc for my GDL....

My mum & I don't like cakes & my hubby also like the idea of the traditional pastries.

U got any lobang for the pastries?

pooh~

Hi edksd,

no i didnt add that into the banquet.

I didnt lose cos i total have 33 tables and only abt 8 tables are relatives all others are frens.

The most important thing is everything went smoothly on that day.
happy.gif

leo29

Wenz,

Thank you very much on your explaination. Now I understand..... and can fire the sales person liao....

Meow,

Hah..., return them the excess diamond!!! Is this 2 diamond included in the amount you paid? You should have set it into earing.

fishball

hi cookiecorgi,
did u ask yr wine supplier? Maybe they'll hv lobang. Else I can sell u 2 of my Hennessy cos I dun think I'll need so many. But they r the 1L kind leh...

teatree

hi chicory,

actually i am also very very lazy but my mum forced me to do everything so we can relax after that and take care of last minute things. and i got lots of help from my sister as well. she's the one driving me all around jakarta to look for vendors.

how was your trial make-up??? you got pictures to show us?
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Hi Piper
Is it similiar to those traditional pastries of the Teochew dialect? 1 of my gf has got a lobang somewhere in Yishun.. i can try to get the address for U..

sg_oc

Hi Serene,

Have you find out the package details from east asia? I am interested in central of japan. I bought it during natas fair for 6days @$1588.

meowie

SG, Nick as in Nicholson or the photographer Nick? Mine falls on a weekday, what's AB?

Leo, I didn't pay for the two diamonds. Wan to save $$ for him, so return the diamonds. When they return back to me, i was damn happy but i know they can trace who bought the dia somemore i got further discount from one of their staffs so i feel paiseh so return to them. I did try on my ear lobe, looks a bit small. Then the person who pierce my ear also pierce one side higher. So very ugly if i wear earing lor.

Why no one answer my angbao questions?
sad.gif

bride0712

Wow, all of you are too fast for me. I've not done anything yet!! I've got to look for printers fast. Less than eight weeks and there's so much to do..and it doesn't help that my ID has been delaying the house renovation. The reno was to be completed by mid-october but now it will most likely be ready in late' november... That really leaves me very little time to clean up and shift my things in... and my wedding is in the 1st week of december!!

sandgirl72

Hi bride0712
don't worry.. u can start doing bit by bit now.. it is still not that late..
happy.gif

were U given the printer contact by yr hotel? now u can get in contact with the printer to start choosing the card, font & design U prefer.. and U hv to wait for them to fax U the draft for approval, hence it will take about 2-3 weeks include printing time..

if U need printer recommendation, just let me know.
happy.gif

have U done up your guest lists yet?
wink.gif

on the reno part, since it is going to be delayed till late nov, there is nothing much U can do on that.. have U bought all the necessary electrical stuff? if not, you can start buying them and once your house is done & ready, you can have the items delivered to your place..
wink.gif

maybe you can do a check list against those items that pending for action, at least u can keep track and follow up.
happy.gif

take care!
happy.gif

bride0712

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your advise. I hope to check out T-dragon next week since quite a few girls here are rather pleased with them.
While many others are trying hard to meet the minimum requirements of tables, I'm having a headache how not to exceed the limit. We have very limited capacity and we are now facing problems trying to fit everyone in. It's really almost to the point of allocating seat numbers..