(2003) Brides of year 2003

meowie

Leo, i got my coffee table from barang barang. The same one as Indulge, love the way can put legs to rest, rather than hanging.

leo29

Meow,

Ya hor, forget about barang barang. Hubby was mentioning it over the weekend. Furniture mall have barang barang? Any other place? We have shortlist one from the store you recommended us in Changi, Home... (forget the name). But i find it too big, still considering.

Is your hse is in Zen style?

cutiechar

Hi Chicory!

Yah. my makeup artist was changed las min oso coz my BS arranged another one which he felt is better :S they always communicate thru themselves and felt tat we are being forced to follow.SO now you can go for the trial makeup first then see how, if no good den must change hor. ;)
anyway,for my case luckily things turn out well.

yes, I ask Daniel early this year but he was booked so fast man.now I headache, my hotel don provide, quite troublesome lor.

u keep us update again k?

cheers!

muacks

meowie

Leo, Which furniture mall? Plaza Singapura has one, Marina Square has one. Sorry, i made a big mistake. I bought my coffe table from Picket and Rail at $99.
lame.gif
IMM got one, Suntec got one. Home Merchant is the place.
happy.gif
You looking for coffe tables that are tall or jus normal height? What i see from HM is tall one. If tall one, Wihardja got. Something like bar type.

My style....resort but hard to get that looks lah.
happy.gif

teatree

hi cutiechar, huaa... how come leh? nevermind, i'll try sending again
happy.gif

hi chicory, mmmh, i haven't done my photo selection yet, will let you know when the rest are with me? sure you are not bored looking at my pictures? heee... must share with me yours ya once you've taken them?

when is your trial make-up anyway?

hi micky, thank you for your compliment
happy.gif

hi bride0712 and iliac, will send to you.

jbride

hi gals,

sunshine, u've MIA for so long ya :D
dun worry, i've just finish sorting out my guest list...& i actually send out emails to my friends & colleagues to check if they're able to attend & ask for their address @ the same time...& i'm quite surprise that the response is good! most of them replied within a week
33472.gif

my invitation card is not ready yet coz my sis & bro-in-law will be designing it for me. They've not send for printing & i'm getting a bit worried that i won't be able to send out on time
33473.gif

have not meet up with my hotel coordinator to confirm my menu & deco yet...so many pending task to do ya...but it's quite fun to plan the AD program...

leo29

Meow,

I'm looking for short coffee table and the one we saw at HM is short one. The moment you enter can see liao. Look abit like Ming/Qing dynasty table,the leg is curve in one. Yesterday juz went to Wihardja, nothing.... Their furniture is more to Javanese style, I don't like...

are

leo... hmm... seems like u oso like me, dun like javanese style wood furniture. tats why most of my stuff r from picket & rail. i oso got my coffee & dining tables there. my coffee table came in 1+2 side tables @ $139, so we tot it was quite a gd buy lor.

but one thing to note, P&R things are 'made in m'sia' even tho they r a U.S. brand. i din noe tat till they deliver! but ok lah, oni liked their things so bo bianz anyway.
happy.gif

one thing to note if you buy 'curved' legs is tat u got enuff space lor. cos its quite space consuming on the whole.

cutiechar

Hi Teatree!

got ur email! wow u look beautiful and good! I like the one with magazine behind you! cool and nice! can see tat you have a enjoyable PS!

HI jbride!

You so fast ar?me haven done anything yet leh..haha..I still relax..hee

cheers!

teatree

hi cutiechar,

hueheuheue finally..... thanks for your compliment
happy.gif
did i say that you also looked very good in your photos? well, i say again, your gown is very sexy! and what a smooth back you have!

leo29

Are,

Ya lor, hubby also told me that it's the curve leg that make it look big.

P&R price is cheap so if it's made in M'sia, still justify lah. Did you look at P&R curtain? They got nice cloth. May made from them.

tingting

hi chicory,

sorry that you had to encounter such a bad situation. I've also had my fair share of hiccups in getting ready for the PS, but glad for both of us that it's not the end of the road. Take care, and be radiant for your PS and wedding!
happy.gif

are

leo... ya, i agree they got very nice fabrics. i din do curtains for my house, oni bought bamboo blinds from them. may be getting roman blinds on top of the MBR blinds to block out sun. the other 2 rooms no one stay in so dun bother first lah!
happy.gif

leo29

Are... ya... MBR must have roman blind or black out curtain to block out the sunlite. So we can sleep soundly on wkend. My side lagi worse, my MBR window face the east, every morning the strong sun lite will direct shine into our room, even with curtain also no use, so irritating.... Black out curtain is a must.

chicory

Hi Cutiechar,

Really, your BS changed your MU artist last min cuz' your designer felt he is better? But he did ask your opinions first right? But you are right, your MU looks nice in your photos
happy.gif
. Yah, i will have a trial but i don't know which MU artist i can change to if i were to change again, it will be too last min.

Wow, your date is a hot date
happy.gif
. You can ask your friends or cousins and then ask Daniel to give them some tips on hosting.

Hi Teatree,

No-no... i won't be bored looking at more photos. I love to see other people's wedding photos
happy.gif
happy.gif
Actually, i dunnoe when is my trial yet cuz' i might be changing my photographer as well. I am still coordinating on a date in Oct, otherwise i will have to take PS in Nov with the original photographer which hubby feels is abit late and rush cuz' quite near to wedding.

Hi Jbride,

Your "ren yuan" must be very good
happy.gif
, almost everybody replied you within the week... so nice
happy.gif
. I haven't gotten down to informing friends and colleagues. I have just done up the list of people we want to invite.

Hi Tingting,

Thanks
happy.gif
. I guess hicupps are bound to arise in one way or another, even minor little things... Just learn to take things in our stride and look at the bright side of things, i believe everything will turn out well in the end
happy.gif

wenz

Hi Leo29
u planning for baby, right? so when you choose coffee table, look for something safe for baby ok?
My MIL kept saying my house is a hazard cos everywhere also glass....

wenz

Hi Are
Saw half of your coffee table book last friday... already very nicely done. can tell that your friend put in a lot of effort... i think the final book will be even nicer.... so are you still having the usual type of album?

are

wenz... thanx for your compliments. ya, my fren really put in a lot of effort, but he's really v gd, his rice bowl mah.
happy.gif

not sure how it will turn out, hope not too far from wat i want. nope... not having any other photos @ all, neither album nor frames. juz this book oni.

meowie

gals,
I'm very stressed and upset. Jus got news from my hubby, his mother has cervic cancer. Feel rather sad now.
sad.gif
No mood at all. Most probably will accompany her to fly to Australia, to see his youngest brother's convocation(My MIL fav son of all). Well she never take flight before also. His family also needs to check whether she is suitable to take plane or not.

Guess i can't fly to thai again. Hopefully she dun force me to give her a grandson before she go
sad.gif

teatree

hi chicory,

heee... okay then, will show you once i have got all of them.

hey, maybe you should hurry and have the trial make-up, you know, just in case that this make-up artist is not to your liking and you can still change to someone else
happy.gif

chicory

hi teatree,

Ok, must show me when you have gotten them
happy.gif
. So exciting now, alot of brides in this thread have finished PS, so more n more photos to see
lol.gif

I will be having trial MU next thursday. I don't think i will be changing my MU artist, i can communicate with her what kind of MU and colours i like and perhaps show her some magazines to ask her opinions
happy.gif
. BS told her that my original MU artist has backed out and she is the 2nd choice sort of. I don't want her to feel that i prefer the 1st MU artist and she is not as good.

You know we have already created some tension between ourselves and my BS
sad.gif
due to changing of PS dates, back-out of make-up artist and now changing of photographer, i really dun wish to create more misunderstandings and unhappiness... just hope the next few months till wedding will be pleasant and peaceful
happy.gif

kopibean

DK,
wow..ur cost for cards quite reasonable siah!!

meow,
i feel sad for u too. take things easy now...
i think is better to let the doc confirm if ur mil can fly to ensure her health n if permitted to fly,also nd to monitor her condition if in aust...
btw, when r u flying wif her to aust?maybe over there, can accompany her n take her to walk walk in aust to relax...

flying to thai can be anytime but rite now, best is to let ur mil feel more secured n happy wif you n ur hb around her so she wun feel lonely...
do take gd care of ur mil.

joyful

Hi Ladies,

Long time never come in here. Was surprised that there's still some activity here...
happy.gif

Is everyone adjusting well to married life? Yeah man, the housework jus seems never-ending rite? Wonder where all the dust comes from? ;)

Hi Priviledged,

What will u be doing in the States? Working or being a tai tai for a yr?
happy.gif
Guess, must really enjoy your stay there and make the most out of it.

meowie

Thanks Kopi,
happy.gif
The convocation is in Dec unless i go for a real short trip before going with them in Dec, unless my SIL will bring her over. *Sigh* i also dunno their decision.
sad.gif
Jus wait and see...

bonjon

Meow,

Sad to hear that too. But your wedding is approaching soon, still flying around? I thought normally when AD approaching , bride is not allow to "run around". Elderly dun like.

Hey, take it easy, things will turn out well. Just relax and look forward to be a happy bride la.

Sorry abit busybody here, I'm not Nov'03 bride la. But want to talk to you about it, just in case you didn't share it in another tread.

blue2003

Hello bibip

Congrats...
happy.gif
Finally over. How was your day? By the way, how was the red wine consumption for your dinner? You got from Eurolink right? I also ordered from them...
happy.gif

meowie

Thanks Akira
happy.gif

Kopibean, i saw your photos! It's very nicely taken. Like your hairstyle. Very natural.
happy.gif
Where was it taken? Botanic Garden??

min_minnie

Meow,
Take good care.Only can log in during office hours in the morning b4 start work and lunch cos my computer at home suddenly break down. So a lot of things I can't do, I save all my data in my hard disk.

Hi, gals,
Looks like everyone busy with invites oredi. I have not even print the cards. That FH of mine takes his own sweet time and I very kan cheong.

leo29

Wenz,

Tks for your advise! The coffee table that we shortlisted is with round edge.
happy.gif
actually went down to confirmed yesterday. But hor... my living room other furnitures are all with sharpe edge. So next time it is a must to buy the edge protection.

Meow,

Very sad to hear this. But you and your hubby must be strong.... ok, your wedding is around the corner. Can operation be arranged to remove the cancerous? If she is having the Liang Xing(male) cancerous, after operation, she will be fine.

Gals,

Me yesterday accompany my mum to buy Jia Zhuang(Bath tub, face basin....). Phew.... finally settle another thing. Their tea set is rather cheap, big one cost $14 only.

Are,

You bought your jia zhuang already, right? Does it include a needle ball(A round ball with many children on it) and Mu4 Ji1(Shoe sole make of wood)

are

meow... do take care. watever will be will be. juz worry abt the impending things like her treatment and your wedding. anything after that can plan later so you dun hv to be so stressed.

are

leo... suppose to get a full sewing kit, the 'needle ball' is oni 1 of the items. i think supposed to get 6 or 8 colours of thread (muz hv red, no black), scissors, & things used for sewing + sewing box. but i did not get cos i had a free sewing box with my sewing machine. i juz bought the scissors.

as for the mu jia, my mum say nowadays no one uses clogs, so i bought a pair of bedroom slippers.

iliac

Hi teatree,

Thanks for sharing your pics, the lantern backdrop is indeed very special and nice! Looking at those lanterns remind me of my childhood days, don't get to see much of such lanterns now. And of course not forgetting to mention, what a beautiful and elegant bride!

aloevera

hi meow,

really sorri 2 hear abt yr MIL. dun stress yrself 2 much, take it ez ok..

hey, thks for teaching me hw 2 make d wrist corsages..finally, i finished making 4 of them at a so-so standard only.. but me not particular la, as long as ppl can tell it's a WC, shld b gd enuf.. heehee

another mission accomplished over d wkend oso. finished writing my invitation cards, so will be sending out these 2 days..

sandgirl72

good morning ladies..

last Sat went to choose our pics.. we've taken a total of 96 pics for both indoor & outdoor.. and out of that, we chose 51 pcs to do mag style.. aiya.. got to spend extra 1.5k for those extra pics.. our self control was not under control at all..

they don't allow us to take back the proof.. have to wait till 1st week of Dec..

just collected our inserts, cars & envelopes last fri.. but found a minor spelling error on the insert so got to re-print.. thank God, our printer was very nice and she just charged us for the cost of making the plate at $30.

went for food tasting last wed.. overall is good but the serving portion not enough lor..

leo29

Are,

The shop that we bought the items don't have he 2 things that i mentioned. And I remember it's part of it so check with you to double confirm. If that is the case, i need to go other shop to get it. As for the mu ji, I will get a dummy one(small pair), buy for the sake of buying.

leo29

Gals,

Below is a list of items that i bought yesterday. Just as a guide for those that still haven't buy.

Bath Tub
Face basin
Red Lamp
Tea set
Towel/face towel(2 sets-1 for hubby and 1 for me)
Needle box(Inside consist of Needle, Scissor, measuring tape and Thread)
Tooth paste- 2 tube

Urine Urn- Red color out of stock so will get it this thurs.

Toothbrush-Will get outside
Needle Ball-Will get else where.
Mu Ji-Will get else where

putise

hi meow...

sorry to hear about your MIL
sad.gif

hope your hubby is taking things well... if the cancer is in the early stages, shld be no problem after operation... and most of the time, will recover
happy.gif

dun worry so much abt the thai trip now 'coz you wun noe what is their decision anyway. think now your main focus shld be to take care of your hubby.

God Bless!!
happy.gif

kopibean

Meow,
u sure u c the rite photo?hee...cos the 2 pic featured r taken indoors.

Are,
me no upload into yahoo.
Will share my album next gathering...but guess we hav to wait until all our wedding over liao

Leo,
Are we suppose to display those things you mention on AD??

are

kopibean... oh! i rem liao, your is in the wedding mag! hehe... sorrie, tot it was in yahoo.

hmm... i actually wanted to download my invite too, but cant accept pdf files. too bad
happy.gif

leo29

Kopi,

No need display. They are suppose to be place below your bed... My mum ask me to put it beside my bed since my is a divan set.

meowie

Thanks gals, thanks for everyone's concern.
happy.gif

Putise and leo, i dun think it's more to the early stage, its in stage 3 liao. So dun think there's anyway a operation can help her.

Kopibean, hee maybe i looked at the wrong photo. But i thought it looks like you. Okay, will go try to find again. Not the one feature with Andrew Choi hor.

Aloevera, you are welcome. Crafts is my favorite lah
happy.gif
Good you seems to be catching up liao.
happy.gif

Min, your wedding is end of Nov mah...so he still relax still got one month plus unlike some of them mah.
happy.gif

are

leo.. eh? my mum's 'pattern' diff from urs leh, i'm supposed to go bac aft GDL & display the things where they are supposed to be, like put the clothes & towels into the wardrobe, etc.