(2003) Brides of year 2003

akira

hi wenz, I got a quote from Compass entertainment tat ranges from $1300+ - slightly less than $2000 including rental of digital piano for 3 sets of 45 mins. Price varies depending on the no of musicians and whether you need a vocalist. Marriott (the hotel I'm holding my banquet) uses them for weekend dinners. Their resume looks impressive.. performed at state events etc (though they have a lot of different musicians I guess).. might stick to using them if I can't find alternatives esp since they are familiar with Marriott already. so far having little luck in sourcing for others...

akira

girls, I finally collected the keys to my apartment yesterday.. was v worried tat it can't make it in time for my wedding. workmanship not too good but the main con seems obliging in rectifying defects.. watever it is, at least I can find a place to put our wedding bed before the wedding. phew!!

hello ladies,

i'm back from my wedding too!
had my wedding last saturday, and i'm still dreaming about it till now. I truly enjoyed myself, just got to let go of all your worries and let your friends settle them on your behalf.

To the rest of the oct brides: its ok to fret over your preparations now, but when the actual day comes, just smile and enjoy yourself thoroughly!!

leo29

Akira,

Gong Xi Ni! So happy for you,
happy.gif
. Are you going to do some light reno?

leo29

Poor meow...., nobody reply u har! That day many posting, overlook yours. This is what i planned
Ah Yee/Brother- $28(Can't give more becos i got 16 of them)
Driver - $40
Photographer - $28
vidoegrapher - $28
Make up artist- $28
Bridal car driver-$200(More becos we used his car)
Open the door -$88

leo29

Meow,

I never indicate properly on the $88 AB. It's for the boy who open bridal car hor. x2, one for bride side, one for groom side.

Gals,

How much AB your hubby going to give for door(Bride's hse) opening?

chicory

Hi sandy and teatree,

The trial make up was ok, my fren says that it looks quite nice but i find that it looks quite heavy on my digital cam leh. She tried shimmering purple and blue for eye shadows, both also not bad. But on PS, maybe i would prefer matt eyeshadow, did you all have matt or shimmering eye shadows for your WG looks?

Teatree, your sis and mum more anxious than you
happy.gif
. Very nice of your sis to drive you around to get all the stuffs done, she came to Singapore to help you with your PS or she is also staying here?

Teatree, what is your email?

Hi bride0712,

Welcome
happy.gif
. Yah, i agree with Sandy lor... you can start doing bit by bit now. I am also intending to visit T-dragon next week. Have you gone for your PS yet? Get things settle one by one so that it won't seems too many things to do at one go.

I am facing the same problem as you, trying not to hit the max no. of tables as it seems i have already reach the max of the ballroom. I am afraid that the ballroom will be very cramp
sad.gif

meowie

leo, i intend to ask for $88 rather than $888. Thanks for replying.
happy.gif

Min,
I'm going for my food tasting tomorrow afternoon
happy.gif
Yes i'll be attending. Same goes for aloevera. Well i think you can jus join us.
happy.gif
Did you tell him you are recommend by me? That day he called me he asked if i was the one who recommend Aloe to him.

Yes SG, i did asked him to help me in the videography. But i abit dummy in videography. Not sure how much to pay for the films too. Dun know ask him buy better or get it myself.
sad.gif

sweets

hiya all
happy.gif

Priviledged, I've been in Penang for the last 2 months as husband has been called here to work...We just drove 8 hours down to JB for tonite(Fri) and driving back to Penang this Sunday! SIong...:p Heard abt Mrs Leong's cookbooks
happy.gif
are the recipes workable ?

edksd, we kinda broke even, dinner was at Conrad.But many of our peers, similar to what Priviledged noted, gave much less...Blessedly, our family frens mainly from church made up a lot of the difference...Thank God !
happy.gif

Anyone have pix to peek ? I've yet to rec all of mine neither have I seen the video either....

Hi pooh, hi pucca, long time no chat
happy.gif

btw, anyone put on A LOT of weight after June ? I did...rather sad...wanna lose desperately

min_minnie

Meow,

I email him quite some time ago enquiring on his service.Then came to know you all also make enquiries. I have one who is my relative's friend who will charge me S$450 for videographying. If Nicholson doig it at cheaper costs and it's nice, maybe we would change our mind.

Leo29,
I went for food tasting just now. Quite disappointed. Food not really as nice as I expected. Even our family members commented that it's not too good. Spoke to the chef and our coordinator on that. Maybe it's not too bad but it doesn;t suit our taste, so we dun find it good. We may change some of the items in the standard menu to something else but will discuss further cos we may have to top up $ for that.

aries

hi sg,

no i have not booked my package. but i went central jap before. bk with ANA thru east asia, they have this first choice holidays...and its fantastic. that was the best holiday i had! i'm planning to go hokkaido this time round and will most likely go for ana package...their tour guides were superb!

meowie

SG,I've ever posted the venue and time. Its at J8.

Min,for your info, his doing it for free. But dun know his work. But since its free, can't ask for much lah.

olive

hi everyone,

hope this posting finds u all well indeed!

i'm a nov 03 bride to be, n i'm new to this posting. altho my wedding dinner is in nov at regent, but i wont be back to spore til 5 days b/4 the actual day wedding
sad.gif

can i ask u gals, how are ahead are u with yr planning at this stage? so far, i've got my wedding gowns, but havent gone for fittings yet! trying to lose weight first cos i've put on so much since i moved to oz land.

all the very best in yr wedding prep!
happy.gif

olive

opps! terrible english.... i mean, i would like to know how far ahead are u all with your wedding planning? for eg, cards being sent out, getting helpers, etc??

meowie

Hi Olive,
I've jus sent out my cards today. So i think a month before sent the cards out should be fine. I also jus went for my food tasting today. Helper wise i also had asked 4 ah yees.

pooh~

Hi Yvonne,
congrats!!

Hi Sweets,
can send email to [email protected] and i send u the link of my actual day pix. (If i havent show u gals lar)

I also put on abt 3kg after wedding. I wan to lose weight also..

priviledged

Hi Yvonne, Congrats!!!!

Sweets, Mrs Leong Yee Soo's book is quite good. Except that I never use MSG even though it appears in her recipe. I also have to adapt quite a few things. I don't follow the recipe slavishly. Here in the US, you can't get some of the things or they are too expensive. My husband has been enjoying the cooking and maybe he is getting fatter. I hope I'm not. My clothes are still loose. I'm still controlling my diet. Eat less carbos, and generally less of everything.

I'm in the midst of trying to upload some of my actual day photos. I only brought about 30 scanned jpegs with me here in the US. If I succeed, I'll let all of you have the link.

mtmtmt

Hi Olive, mine's 17th Nov and I mailed my invits yesterday- but everyone else (HB, mum, PIL) not yet, they'd probably take 2 weeks.

sweets

Yvonne
happy.gif
Wow...congrats
happy.gif
Seems like many of my frens also getting preggie...rather scary...like fever like that
happy.gif
You preggie and only put on 3 kg...I've put on like 5-6 since the wedding..so upset...

Privledged, did not know that Mrs Leong advocates MSG...admire your determination in cutting down...I find it really hard for me not to eat when my husband eats..and he Loves his food...he gets upset when I cut down too...sigh...

Pucca, I just tried on my jeans today and found them so tight...boo hoo...then came back to town for a short weekend and people keep asking me and patting my tummy...saying...so how, got good news not...arghh...

Pooh, send request liao
happy.gif

muffins

hi everyone

good to see everybody again.. me and hubby managed to break even. heng!! (actually expected to loose $).

me actively going to california fitness every sat to maintain my weight. did put on some after the wedding.

does anybody feel that weekends is now dedicated to housework and family visits? Found it quite difficult to adjust initially. but now got used to it oready..

hi sweets/priviledged

any interesting receipies to share? me quite keen to pick up cooking.

serene_sng

Hi gals,

Long time no come here already!!! got miss me??? My office now restrict us in surfing the net so didnt come in for a long time...topid office!!!
Today GDL & An chuang.. tired man.. wake up early in the morning... for GDL.. later going to 'An chuang'...

Hi sg / Serene (aries),
Me also going to japan for my honeymoon too!! Wedding on 2/11 (Sun) and flying on 4/11(Tues.
Serene (aries) me book SA tours good or not...??

So u guys take care & i see when can come in a take a peek again...

aries

Hi sg and serene sng,

I bked the 7 days central japan at around 1.6K..but that was nearly two years ago....thinking of going hokkaido this Nov but quite concern about the earthquake damage...

NOt sure abt SA tours...though...the ana package was very exhaustive..it covered a lot of places and most importantly..the tour guide from japan made the day!!!

teatree

good morning ladies
happy.gif

hi chicory,

glad that your trial was okay. i couldn't really remember my eye-shadow color. hee... but to the best of my recollection, it was shimmery because i asked for the shimmery one. my color combination was more subdued, something like golden brown. is your photographer using digital cam?? if so, maybe you should ask your mu artist to make the mu softer.

i have 2 sisters and one of them is in singapore so she was the one tagging along for my ps. hehee... even asked her to trade her sandals with my shoes towards the end of ps
happy.gif

my email is [email protected]
may i have yours too??

akira

hi leo, prob thinking of v minor reno works such as false ceiling & feature wall to mount TV but I think its quite difficult to get contractors willing to do a job so small even though times are bad. :p

anyway my mum just discovered an error in the Chinese wording of my invites... and its the printer's fault (cos we checked with fax copy for verification)... dunno whether they can rectify in time or not...sigh...

yve

Meow, busy fire fighting cos it is Monday... How's your MIL?

I had a busy weekend.. Bedroom furniture came last Sat. Not satisfied with their service and quality lah.. They forgot to bring the legs for the bed and wanted to come back another day. The bedside table was not stable until I checked. While cleaning the drawers of another bedside table, the drawer dropped on my feet because missing one screw for the rail inside. Dun buy stuff from Benwood hor..

Went to JB on Sunday to distribute cards.

How's everyone else?

annmelody

Hi gals,

Any one knows where to get 5 kinds of different plant seeds for GDL.

I will be finishing all my invitation sending by end of next week.

Been real usy and manage to get my reno hand over just last sat...so i spent entire sunday and the next few weeks in cleaning house.... too much things too little time. :<

meowie

Akira, yeah not easy to get people to do with minor work. Maybe jus go for carpentry how? Mine got something to see finally. This week i'll get to see more of the carpentry work.
happy.gif

Yve, fire fighting?? My MIL will go for her first treatment tomorrow. So i can't judge how's she now. So far she still look okay since not gone for treatment yet mah.

yve

Ann, oh.. talk about cleaning.. I cleaned our room bathroom thoroughly last Sat.. Wah, nearly died from the chlorine fumes.

u mean those preserved stuff to put on the bed? E.g. lotus seeds and etc? My mom bought a pack of these stuff but I did count how many types inside

Meow, fire-fighting at work lor..

akira

meow, tats exactly my problem.. my house comes with wadrobe, kitchen cabinets etc all done up so there is no carpentry work to be done... which is why I can't really find contractors to do wat I need. apparently they make better margins on carpentry and without carpentry works, they won't accept the job...

sandgirl72

Hi Chicory
happy for U that yr trial MU was OK.. i think mine is matt color... maybe U can discuss with yr MU artist &amp; photographer on yr PS to get the one with the best effect.
happy.gif

ladies, yesterday went shopping with my Mom to get the quilt, 2 sets of quilt cover sets &amp; fitted sheets, pillow protectors &amp; bolsters.. spend $606 but luckily my cousin came to rescue with her Robinson card and get another 15% discount + 5% rebate (last day), so we paid $489.. everything oso need $$$...
happy.gif

but didn't buy pillows yet cos dunno which type my hubby prefers.. thank God Robinson can arrange delivery for us.. heng ah...
happy.gif

my mom say can use the saving of $100+ to buy those items for GDL..
happy.gif

going to collect my custom made shoes with Heatwave 2molow nite.. hope it is ok..
happy.gif

meowie

akira, so what kind of work do you really need? Maybe i can find out from my so call carpenter see what he can help you?

akira

hi meow, thanks. why dun you pm me the no and I can try to call him personally.. like tat I won't have to waste your time trying to co-ordinate with two people... really appreciate it cos I'm sure you're v busy with wedding preparation etc and also stressed with MIL. thanks v much

cutiechar

Hi chicory!

good to know tat you are hapi with ur trial! yeah, I use digital camera to take after my make up, indeed looks abit white and heavy on the face but no worries, the PS will turn out fine one. so when will be ur PS?

Hi Sandy,
wow looks like u got mani tables and your hubby's side must be from a reputable business family hor!
so fast ur mum buy pillow case liao ar? my mum going with me next mth..hehe..
hope ur shoes is nice!

btw, I am able to collect my house keys this thurs! come at wrong time, so mani things to do man...sighz
dunno where to start off with oso..

cheers!

baobei

Hi, gals,

sorry MIA for quite sometime...cos many things to settle..like reno lah...chose pics lah..etc..

Now i just going to meet the printer soon but still neg with hotel to give me more cards...

As for the pics, not very nice leh..find it just normal lah...sigh....anyway wehave not much budget to make it a nice wan...so just do the simple one...btw can you take back the pics that your din select..my bridal shop very rigid, dun allow me to take back... : (

Hi, Cutiechar, think both of us going to be very bz..renov and wedding preparation...

so u have to start ur renov fast before your marriage loh...quite rush hor....btw u have a designer in mind, if u wan, i can recommend mine to you...if you are interested, let mi knw..

keep in touch..
happy.gif

blue2003

Hi cookiecorgi

You may want to try Eurolink at Toa Payoh. They allow consigment for the hard liquor and wine. I got mine from them...Dun have to worry for insufficient amt for guests. So in the end, I just return the balance of the unused wines and liquor.
happy.gif

Just got bk from my wedding yesterday!Had the best moment of my life. Everything went on well...Luckily, the guest gave quite good comments on the hotel and the band that we engaged. If any gals out there looking for band, can really consider them...I actually got their contact thru browsing through the threads too..
happy.gif

Then we counted money...wow...no losses even after considering giving my parents about 8 tables.
happy.gif

So gals...enjoy the best moment!!!

sandgirl72

Hi cutiechar
yup u r right on yr guess.. my mom very KS one la.. she wants to do everything ASAP...
biggrin.gif

congrats on getting yr house keys! so like ah girl U will be oso bz with yr house renov.. do U need recommendation for designer?
wink.gif

don't feel panic or lost, just do 1 thing at a time and everything will be fine... take care..
happy.gif

naturally

Hallo gals! How's everybody?
happy.gif

Haven't posted here for a while, though i do follow this thread faithfully...
biggrin.gif

Speaking of mums... where are your mums and MILs going to get their dresses? My mum's starting to pester me to bring her go shopping, heehee!

Cutiechar,
Wah, do u need to get reno done before your wedding? Will be quite a rush, and also a lot of expenses (wedding + reno) at the same time... but with careful planning, i believe it can be done lah! Must take care of yourself and dun get too stressed out, okie?
happy.gif
Baobei, u in midst of reno? Hope it'll be done soon, then can rest and be mei mei bride!
happy.gif

serene75_serene

Hihi,
Another 10 more days to my wedding
happy.gif

Hi Jady,
I am leaving for NZ on 29 Oct
happy.gif

Hi cookiecorgi, rhs &amp; matka,
Thanks for the info on pedi-mani, will check them out
happy.gif

leo29

Ann,

Those shop that sell the GDL stuffs should have the five color seeds.

Min,

So bad huh... I have wedding dinner there b4 and the food taste ok ah... The chinese restaurant at Orchard hotel was quite famous lei... Tong Leh group mah. Don't be sad... maybe the head chef was off that day..
sad.gif
I'm going to have my food tasting on Oct 30. Keep you update. Did you pick dishes from menu A and B or just from one menu?
What dish that you find it *yiak*

Gals,

What do you all think if the initial bride's house open door AB is $188? Will that be too little?